Spring forward.
To delete this message, click the X at top right.

TRUTH SOCIAL #PRAVDASOCIAL & Trump Media & Technology Group (TMTG) SPAC Digital World Acquisition Corp NASDAQ: DWAC

Abandon reality, all ye who enter here. *Democracy*Under*Threat*
Luke
Location: @orly_licious With Pete Buttigieg and the other "open and defiant homosexuals" --Bryan Fischer AFA

TRUTH SOCIAL #PRAVDASOCIAL & Trump Media & Technology Group (TMTG) SPAC Digital World Acquisition Corp NASDAQ: DWAC

Post by Luke »

ETA: If you want to follow the stock, it's Nasdaq: DWAC. Here's a link to Google Finance:

https://www.google.com/finance/quote/DW ... cFegQIOBAU
Saw a few messages in the DL2XIT topic, but this is going to be lots of laughs. And hilarious a guy found a backdoor already and signed up as TFG.

Lousy name for the service, should be more like FANTASY Social or UNTRUTH Social. Maybe he got TRUTH from the Russian PRAVDA?

Another branding deal, he gets almost $300M and the marks think he's a hero.

Faux News:
Trump announces 'TRUTH Social' network will be rolled out first quarter of 2022
Trump says the network aims to 'give a voice to all' and 'fight back against big tech'
By Kyle Morris | Fox News

Former President Donald Trump announced Wednesday the forthcoming "TRUTH Social," a social media network that aims to "stand up to the tyranny of Big Tech." The app, which will begin a beta launch for invited guests in November 2021, is expected to make its full debut within the first quarter of 2022 and is a part of the newly established Trump Media & Technology Group (TMTG).

Trump, who will serve as chairman of TMTG, released a statement announcing the planned arrival of the platform and insisted the effort will push back against platforms that lean left and that it will "give a voice to all." "I created TRUTH Social and TMTG to stand up to the tyranny of Big Tech," Trump said. "We live in a world where the Taliban has a huge presence on Twitter, yet your favorite American President has been silenced. This is unacceptable"

"I am excited to send out my first TRUTH on TRUTH Social very soon," Trump added. "TMTG was founded with a mission to give a voice to all. I'm excited to soon begin sharing my thoughts on TRUTH Social and to fight back against Big Tech. Everyone asks me why doesn't someone stand up to Big Tech? Well, we will be soon!"
https://www.foxnews.com/politics/trump- ... er-of-2022

https://truthsocial.com/ -- a throwaway email address can join the "waiting list" :smoking:

Waiting List.JPG
Waiting List.JPG (108.19 KiB) Viewed 6842 times

And it's ripped off:

There's going to be a Lindell-level fail coming up.
Lt Root Beer of the Mighty 699th. Fogbow 💙s titular Mama June in Fogbow's Favourite Show™ Mama June: From Not To Hot! Fogbow's Theme Song™ Edith Massey's "I Got The Evidence!" https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C5jDHZd0JAg
Uninformed

Re: TRUTH Social & Trump Media & Technology Group (TMTG)

Post by Uninformed »

Another report.

“Trump to launch new social media platform TRUTH Social”:
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-58990330
If you can't lie to yourself, who can you lie to?
busterbunker

Post by busterbunker »

Who cares?

Are we here to spend the rest of our time hyper-ventilating over everything dumb-ass Trump does from here to eternity?

I was under the impression we were all gathered 'round for some good debunking.

Show me the debunking. Or how I can set up a blank check company of my own.
Sam the Centipede

Post by Sam the Centipede »

busterbunker wrote: Thu Oct 21, 2021 4:46 am I was under the impression we were all gathered 'round for some good debunking.
Yeah, but we also like :evilmonkey: :loser: :kickface: :dog: :fiesta: :bwahaha:
RTH10260
Verified: ✔️ Eurobot

Post by RTH10260 »

re the platform:
Mastodon (software)
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Mastodon is free and open-source software for running self-hosted social networking services. It has microblogging features similar to the Twitter service, which are offered by a large number of independently run Mastodon nodes (known as "instances"), each with its own code of conduct, terms of service, privacy options, and moderation policies.[5][6]

Each user is a member of a specific Mastodon instance, which can interoperate as a federated social network, allowing users on different nodes to interact with each other. This is intended to give users the flexibility to select a server whose policies they prefer, but keep access to a larger social network. Mastodon is also part of the Fediverse ensemble of server platforms, which use shared protocols allowing users to also interact with users on other compatible platforms,[7] such as PeerTube and Friendica.

The Mastodon mascot is an animal with a trunk, resembling a mastodon or mammoth, sometimes depicted using a tablet or smartphone. Messages posted using the software are known as "toots".

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mastodon_(software)
Open source home on GitHub https://github.com/mastodon/mastodon

The initial Mastodon implementation where the developers are at home
https://mastodon.social/
https://joinmastodon.org/
Social networking, back in your hands
Follow friends and discover new ones among more than 4.4M people. Publish anything you want: links, pictures, text, video. All on a platform that is community-owned and ad-free.
neeneko

Post by neeneko »

RTH10260 wrote: Thu Oct 21, 2021 6:37 am Open source based on GitHub
This part does not surprise me, nor do I think it is actually a bad idea. I would expect a modern platform to start with some pre existing reasonably mature FOSS project and then develop from there, as opposed to trying to roll their own from scratch.

That being said, it is probably going to hamstring them if they try to scale up. FOSS stuff tends to be scaled to whatever scale the developers are working at. You need something a lot more exotic if you are gonna go twitter scale, which if you are all in on a particular existing ecosystem can mean a real headache.
Slim Cognito
Verified:

Post by Slim Cognito »

Messages posted using the software are known as "toots".
Seems appropriate for the OSG.

Or should I say Rudy?
Pup Dennis in training to be a guide dog & given to a deserving vet. Thx! ImageImageImage x4
Kendra

Post by Kendra »

Flatpoint High
Occupation: professional pain in the ass, voice actor & keeper of the straight face
Verified:

Post by Flatpoint High »

Kendra wrote: Thu Oct 21, 2021 10:42 am https://tmtgcorp.com/static/tmtg-compan ... ae7a78.pdf

A bit of bling from TMTG. :yawn:
He got some bigly fantasies
castigat ridendo mores.
VELOCIUS QUAM ASPARAGI COQUANTUR
Kendra

Post by Kendra »

ETTD.
Luke
Location: @orly_licious With Pete Buttigieg and the other "open and defiant homosexuals" --Bryan Fischer AFA

Post by Luke »

busterbunker wrote: Thu Oct 21, 2021 4:46 am Who cares?

Are we here to spend the rest of our time hyper-ventilating over everything dumb-ass Trump does from here to eternity?

I was under the impression we were all gathered 'round for some good debunking.

Show me the debunking. Or how I can set up a blank check company of my own.
I'm with you. Hate even opening the DL2XIT's topic, hate seeing all those views. Thought this would be interesting because it will have so many fails, and like GETTR and Telegram help get the Trumpers off Twitter into their own segregated sewer since they are incapable of functioning in society.

Expect it's going to be a technical, legal, hacking, spoofing, language and financial topic more than about the disgraced loser. Seeing it hacked and somebody getting his name the first day was a nice start. :lol:
Lt Root Beer of the Mighty 699th. Fogbow 💙s titular Mama June in Fogbow's Favourite Show™ Mama June: From Not To Hot! Fogbow's Theme Song™ Edith Massey's "I Got The Evidence!" https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C5jDHZd0JAg
neeneko

Post by neeneko »

Which actually, I would love to hear people's take on the business side of this. SPACs (I think it was called?) are not at the granularity we do our modeling, so it isn't something I've ever really encountered so I have little concept on how unusual this type of arrangement is or even what it means for ownership and control. At a glance, doesn't this mean that a China based company will be the actual owner?
Foggy
Dick Tater
Verified: as seen on qvc zombie apocalypse

Post by Foggy »

Sorry, I get all my life energy and precious bodily fluids from the suffering and misery of stupid assholes. I need to see evidence, every single day, that TFA is agonizing over his enormous nothingness of bleak and foreboding sub-existence. Not on Twitter, not on the Tee Vee, none of the biggies, no big. But if he squeaks in a dark corner about how badly he's being treated, I want to hear the recording. Oh, Donald, does it hurt? OH GOOD, IT HURTS. HE DESERVES WORSE, THE BASTID. :mad:
Out from under. :thumbsup:
Sam the Centipede

Post by Sam the Centipede »

That's it Foggy, feel the hate, feel the hate flowing through you, that feels so good doesn't it? That feels good, oh yeah, the warm hate, the red hate, the burning hate, it's so gooooood, oh yeah, OH YEAH!!
tencats

Post by tencats »

Breaking|Oct 21, 2021,01:21pm EDT
Shares Of SPAC Behind Trump Social Media Company Jump 270%
Shares of the Digital World Acquisition SPAC were trading at $37.22 early Thursday afternoon—more than 270% higher than the price on Wednesday.

Trading was halted at three points on Thursday—once late in the morning when the price was up 111%, again shortly after noon when the price quickly dropped and once more at around 1:15 p.m. after soaring to a new high of up more than 240%.

Digital World Acquisition Corp. was the Fidelity platform’s most actively traded stock on Thursday, with “buy” orders outnumbering “sell” orders nearly three to one.

The company plans to merge with the Trump Media and Technology Group to fund the launch of a new social media platform called "TRUTH Social," which bills itself as a "rival to the liberal media consortium."

The merger will result in the Trump Media and Technology Group becoming a publicly listed company, according to a statement announcing the move.

The statement named Trump as the chairman of the Trump Media and Technology Group.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/nicholasre ... e04e881076
neeneko

Post by neeneko »

tencats wrote: Thu Oct 21, 2021 1:30 pm Breaking|Oct 21, 2021,01:21pm EDT
Huh. I wonder if this is another one of those pressure valves of 'too much money, not enough places to invest it'. With enough investors who have too much cash and not enough get rich quick opportunity, someone is gonna create deals that would appeal to them.

At that kind of share increase, someone has already made a pile of cash off this anncoucement.
PaulG

Post by PaulG »

Sam the Centipede wrote: Thu Oct 21, 2021 1:04 pm That's it Foggy, feel the hate, feel the hate flowing through you, that feels so good doesn't it? That feels good, oh yeah, the warm hate, the red hate, the burning hate, it's so gooooood, oh yeah, OH YEAH!!
Haven't you felt the satisfaction with knowing what is going to happen and then seeing it happen? It gives a sense that you know how the world works, at least a little bit, that not everything is mad. The fact that it is Trump is just another plus. (Although he's getting millions out of the deal. He won't be on the hook to pay the bills.)
Slim Cognito
Verified:

Post by Slim Cognito »

Sam the Centipede wrote: Thu Oct 21, 2021 1:04 pm That's it Foggy, feel the hate, feel the hate flowing through you, that feels so good doesn't it? That feels good, oh yeah, the warm hate, the red hate, the burning hate, it's so gooooood, oh yeah, OH YEAH!!
:smoking:
Pup Dennis in training to be a guide dog & given to a deserving vet. Thx! ImageImageImage x4
Ben-Prime
Verified: ✅MamaSaysI'mBonaFide

Post by Ben-Prime »

orlylicious wrote: Thu Oct 21, 2021 3:49 am Lousy name for the service, should be more like FANTASY Social or UNTRUTH Social. Maybe he got TRUTH from the Russian PRAVDA?
I'd like to say that first thought on this was "But what will he call the Russian translation of the site? And would he try to sue over that name?" I mean, that was *literally* my *second* thought in hearing about this.

My first was "Oh, dear sweet merciful God."
But the sunshine aye shall light the sky,
As round and round we run;
And the truth shall ever come uppermost,
And justice shall be done.

- Charles Mackay, "Eternal Justice"
Luke

Post by Luke »

Sounds like a reverse merger, they often fail. The same folks throwing money down the toilet on audits have a new shiny object. Think of it that every dollar going in there is money not going to midterm GOP candidates. And when it plunges even more of them will be pissed off. Note there's no business model listed. Would be cool to hear JPC's take on this.
Flatpoint High
Occupation: professional pain in the ass, voice actor & keeper of the straight face
Verified:

Post by Flatpoint High »

neeneko wrote: Thu Oct 21, 2021 1:45 pm
tencats wrote: Thu Oct 21, 2021 1:30 pm Breaking|Oct 21, 2021,01:21pm EDT
Huh. I wonder if this is another one of those pressure valves of 'too much money, not enough places to invest it'. With enough investors who have too much cash and not enough get rich quick opportunity, someone is gonna create deals that would appeal to them.

At that kind of share increase, someone has already made a pile of cash off this anncoucement.
PUMP AND DUMP SCHEME
castigat ridendo mores.
VELOCIUS QUAM ASPARAGI COQUANTUR
Luke

Post by Luke »

:lol:
Will Sommer @willsommer 15h

Am I crazy, or did Trump's new "Truth Social" social media network get a dig in here and superimpose a Chinese flag backdrop on Gettr? Gettr is likely their biggest competitor and, coincidentally or not, funded by a fugitive Chinese billionaire.

Zachary Petrizzo @ZTPetrizzo 15h

Tonight Trump announced his new social media platform called “TRUTH Social,” which is causing plenty of right-wing drama. “This likely eliminates [Jason Miller’s right-wing social site] Gettr,” Jan 6th organizer Ali Alexander predicts, to which many agree.

RTH10260

Post by RTH10260 »

Mastodon's Founder Says Trump's New Social Network Is Just Mastodon
'Truth Social', which will launch officially later in the year, is seemingly using Mastodon's codebase without credit.

By Joseph Cox
October 21, 2021, 4:44pm

Former President Donald Trump’s new social network ’Truth Social’ is seemingly a thinly disguised fork of popular social network codebase Mastodon.

https://www.vice.com/en/article/5dgm5k/ ... odon-trump
RTH10260

Post by RTH10260 »

" using Mastodon's codebase without credit." - is anybody surprised :?:
Kendra

Post by Kendra »

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/world/tr ... d=msedgntp

:snippity:
The thing about all of this, though, is that when it comes to everyone’s favorite American President, truth is subjective, and “free speech” comes with more than a few caveats. So, too, is the case for Truth Social, the terms of service for which include a clause stating that users may not “disparage, tarnish, or otherwise harm, in our opinion, us and/or the Site.”

In other words, users can’t make fun of or criticize Truth Social, and it’s up to Truth Social to determine what constitutes said “disparagement.”

The section is an early indication that Truth Social might have a little trouble following through on its promise to provide a “Big Tent” utopia of free-flowing social discourse. If it’s not going to permit bashing the platform, what about bashing, or harassing, other users? What about bashing everyone’s favorite American President? Parler — remember Parler? — promised to provide a similar bastion of free speech but then wound up imposing a bunch of restrictions and banning people, including, at one point, its own founder.
:snippity:

Link to TOS: https://www.truthsocial.com/terms-of-service/

Return to “The Big Lie & Aftermath of The Former Guy”