Spring forward.
To delete this message, click the X at top right.

TRUTH SOCIAL #PRAVDASOCIAL & Trump Media & Technology Group (TMTG) SPAC Digital World Acquisition Corp NASDAQ: DWAC

Abandon reality, all ye who enter here. *Democracy*Under*Threat*
RTH10260
Verified: ✔️ Eurobot

Re: TRUTH SOCIAL #PRAVDASOCIAL & Trump Media & Technology Group (TMTG) SPAC Digital World Acquisition Corp NASDAQ: DWAC

Post by RTH10260 »

"Digital World Acquisition Corp - which is Truth Social."

NO! They are two separate companies with DWAC attempting to take TS public if things work out. Things are not working out :blackeye:
Slim Cognito
Verified:

Re: TRUTH SOCIAL #PRAVDASOCIAL & Trump Media & Technology Group (TMTG) SPAC Digital World Acquisition Corp NASDAQ: DWAC

Post by Slim Cognito »

Dr. Ken wrote: Wed Sep 14, 2022 10:50 am

Dude, it's lost.
Pup Dennis in training to be a guide dog & given to a deserving vet. Thx! ImageImageImage x4
raison de arizona
Verified: ✔️ he/him/his

Post by raison de arizona »

Slim Cognito wrote: Wed Sep 14, 2022 1:32 pm

Dude, it's lost.
They're going to ride it to the bottom.

Then they'll still hold.

Poor schmucks.
“Remember, democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet that did not commit suicide.” —John Adams
RTH10260

Post by RTH10260 »

I may mis-remember what was discussed further up, but doesn't DWAC need to pay back certain classes of investors if the merger fails? How about traded stock, is buy back for liquidation at nominal value or traded prices.?
New Turtle

Post by New Turtle »

I'm sure when the RV and NESARA kicks in, they will all be trillionaires. Any day now.
Uninformed

Post by Uninformed »

RTH10260 wrote: Wed Sep 14, 2022 3:13 pm I may mis-remember what was discussed further up, but doesn't DWAC need to pay back certain classes of investors if the merger fails? How about traded stock, is buy back for liquidation at nominal value or traded prices.?
“One option being considered by Digital World is to postpone the vote deadline in a final bid to boost more shareholder support, the sources said. Without further action, the SPAC is set to liquidate on Thursday and return the money it raised in its September 2021 initial public offering.”

“EXCLUSIVE Deal partner for Trump's Truth Social fails to get backing for SPAC extension -sources”
https://www.reuters.com/markets/deals/e ... 022-09-06/
If you can't lie to yourself, who can you lie to?
sugar magnolia

Post by sugar magnolia »

The minute trump is back in office the prices will sky rocket.
johnpcapitalist
Verified: ✅ Totally legit!

Post by johnpcapitalist »

RTH10260 wrote: Wed Sep 14, 2022 3:13 pm I may mis-remember what was discussed further up, but doesn't DWAC need to pay back certain classes of investors if the merger fails? How about traded stock, is buy back for liquidation at nominal value or traded prices.?
Liquidation would be via distributing remaining cash to shareholders. The IPO priced at $10.00 per "unit" in September 2021. A unit consists of a share and 1/2 of a warrant (i.e., an option with longer expiration than a standard stock option) to buy a share of stock at $11.50. As sometimes happens in these crappy deals, warrants are a way to reward the original buyers of a stock, because they'll keep the warrants and resell the shares only. Then if the stock zooms, they get additional profit by exercising the warrant.

The stock spiked after the deal to buy Trump Media Group was announced a month later, going as high as $92.05 on February 1, 2022. I assume that the warrants were exercised, giving the company additional cash, given the strong spike in the stock price.

The stock currently trades at $24.00 per share, which would reflect some belief that the deal might still go through. The liquidation value would likely be around $10.00 per share (the $10.00 or $11.50 per share for the stock sale less several million dollars of expenses for the IPO, filing quarterly reports, and potentially from breakup fees if the deal doesn't get done. So the suckers who are hanging onto this one won't get zero but they certainly won't get back what they paid for the stock on the open market after they bought at the top.

I wonder who the holders of the stock were. That can be determined by inspecting the SEC Form 13s which have been filed or from the Form 10-K's, which I'll leave as an exercise to the reader.
RTH10260

Post by RTH10260 »

H/T to jpc!
woodworker

Post by woodworker »

johnpcapitalist wrote: Thu Sep 15, 2022 7:52 pm
Liquidation would be via distributing remaining cash to shareholders. The IPO priced at $10.00 per "unit" in September 2021. A unit consists of a share and 1/2 of a warrant (i.e., an option with longer expiration than a standard stock option) to buy a share of stock at $11.50. As sometimes happens in these crappy deals, warrants are a way to reward the original buyers of a stock, because they'll keep the warrants and resell the shares only. Then if the stock zooms, they get additional profit by exercising the warrant.

The stock spiked after the deal to buy Trump Media Group was announced a month later, going as high as $92.05 on February 1, 2022. I assume that the warrants were exercised, giving the company additional cash, given the strong spike in the stock price.

The stock currently trades at $24.00 per share, which would reflect some belief that the deal might still go through. The liquidation value would likely be around $10.00 per share (the $10.00 or $11.50 per share for the stock sale less several million dollars of expenses for the IPO, filing quarterly reports, and potentially from breakup fees if the deal doesn't get done. So the suckers who are hanging onto this one won't get zero but they certainly won't get back what they paid for the stock on the open market after they bought at the top.

I wonder who the holders of the stock were. That can be determined by inspecting the SEC Form 13s which have been filed or from the Form 10-K's, which I'll leave as an exercise to the reader.
Only generally, for holders of 5% or more - Form 13s. The 10-K will also list the holdings of the board members and senior executives.
RTH10260

Post by RTH10260 »

Trump’s Social Media Company Is Trying to Hide Its Struggles From the Public
Truth Social isn't giving users a full picture of its engagement metrics

BY ADAM RAWNSLEY, ASAWIN SUEBSAENG
SEPTEMBER 18, 2022

IF YOU ASK Donald Trump, Truth Social is doing great. If you ask Truth Social, well… it appears they’d prefer you not ask at all.

Trump’s fledging social media platform recently made a tweak that makes it more difficult to track an important measure of the site’s growth. Like Facebook, Twitter, and other platforms, Truth Social used to allow users to endlessly scroll through an account’s followers and the accounts who amplified or engaged with its posts. That data is helpful in assessing the site’s overall health and legitimate growth rate.

But now, Truth Social is guarding access to that information more closely. Rather than allowing users to see all of an account’s followers, users are capped looking at 40 of them. On web browsers, Truth Social is even more stingy with “reTruths” — its equivalent of retweets — allowing a user to only see 15 of the accounts that have boosted a post. On Truth Social’s iPhone app, follower lists remain capped at 40, while a full list of reTruthers is available on some posts.

Without being able to look at full follower lists, it’s difficult to separate real growth of real users from growth that’s getting juiced artificially. For example, Trump’s recent post accusing the FBI of “planting evidence” during its search of Mar-a-Lago boasts over 16,000 “reTruths” from his list of more than 4 million followers. But researchers looking to assess the authenticity of Trump’s followers see are limited to viewing 40 followers at a time.

https://www.rollingstone.com/politics/p ... 234592127/
Luke
Location: @orly_licious With Pete Buttigieg and the other "open and defiant homosexuals" --Bryan Fischer AFA

Post by Luke »

JPC, SPAC was up as high as $175. Nice try, we know that's when you bought in bigly to this winner. :lol:
DWAC and the Trump Media & Technology Group announced in October that they would merge, sending DWAC's stock price skyrocketing from around $10 per share to as high as $175 per share as retail investors began scooping up stock. That price however drifted much lower in recent months. It closed at $60.27 per share Thursday.
https://www.cnbc.com/2022/01/06/trump-s ... -date.html

There's a Reddit group for True Believers which is hilarious with 18K members. Because really, what could be better than MAGAt thinking with real money involved?
We are a community of serious BULLISH DWAC investors. $DWAC is the SPAC that is taking Trump Media and Technology Group (future $TMTG) to the public stock exchange via the NASDAQ.
https://www.reddit.com/r/DWAC_Stock/

This was posted 3 hours ago and seems REALLY LIKELY!
Posted by u/EnvironmentalPlan870 🦅 Patriot 🦅 3 hours ago
To The Stars Silver

Timeline of Events + Theory
⛽️ Rocket Fuel ⛽️
It's about to get very, very gud. Let's take a step back and put the pieces together chronologically so you can see how all of this may play out:

SEC delays merger of DWAC/TMTG w/ political investigations

Elon Musk vs Twitter. Trial is set for October 17th. Musk stated that his goal is to expose the SEC.

John Durham vs Igor Danchenko. Trial is set for October and is outside of DC (important)

DWAC votes to extend merger in October. Whether the vote goes through or not there is additional capital available to delay the merger a few months (After November. This is important. Think midterms.)

It became public knowledge that Gary Gensler, chair of SEC, was also the CFO of the 2016 Hillary Clinton campaign & personally approved payments that included the creation of the fake Christopher Steele dossier.

The primary source of the Christopher Steele dossier was Igor Danchenko (who was also an FBI informant, go figure!). Go back to #3, then continue reading very carefully how Gensler may be indirectly involved in the Danchenko trial.

As if Gensler being involved w/ the Steele dossier isn't bad enough, Peter Stzrok is the top Biden SEC enforcement official who was also wrapped up in Crossfire Hurricane. Crossfire Hurricane was an FBI operation that has been under investigation by, you guessed it... John Durham :)

TMTG exploring legal action against the SEC.

Midterms 2022 are in November.

Well, SOUNDS LIKE THE SEC & THE DOJ WILL HAVE THEIR HANDS FULL!

I'd imagine some pretty interesting things to happen in October and November. Remember that if the house swings RED, there is no chance this political hijack of our financial and judicial system will stand.

Like I've said it in one of my previous posts, the SEC and the DOJ (+ FBI) are doing damage control with their public image and it will dramatically increase as we get to midterms. If all three lawsuits/trials envelope the SEC/DOJ (Musk v Twitter, Durham v Danchenko, TMTG v SEC), you can image the SEC & DOJ will be between a rock and a hard place. The evidence will be so damning that there is no way a newly Republican controlled house/senate will ignore it, nor will the people allow it to be ignored. It literally involves the illegal entanglement of the DOJ, FBI & SEC.

Theory:

This is my 100% speculation but the delay with the merger of DWAC/TMTG may actually be a blessing in disguise. It's pretty obvious that DWAC and TMTG realize that there will be tremendous pressure from the SEC (and DOJ). These guys weren't born yesterday. They know the tremendous support, not only by institutional investors + private whales, but also a TON of retail investors. This is more than just a company, it's a movement. As the hedgies begin to short the stock while the merger is continually delayed.... this leaves an incredible amount of time for many people who believe in this movement to invest. In a way, this merger delay + shorting is giving retail investors a massive opportunity. On the flip side, we know that DWAC is being shorted so obviously there will come a time when the shorts will have to cover their positions, potentially starting a short squeeze in the process. Imagine what the hedgies will do when the combination of DWAC/TMTG is complete :)

There is no way the SEC will walk out of this alive. The delay with the DWAC/TMTG gives us an amazing, once in a life time opportunity while also allowing Musk, Durham and TMTG to expose the SEC/DOJ/FBI. Yes, it sucks... but when it comes to DWAC and our investments, this entire delay is completely backfiring on the SEC in spectacular fashion.

BUY. HODL.

This movie is about to get gud.
Shocking they have trolls over there! Maybe Realist and Kate can head over there and help them out :P
How to handle TROLLS! Please read.
If you see a creepy troll, please "message the mods". We are banning 50 to 100 trolls a day... mostly for TDS. We do miss a LOT of them and I apologize. It's hard to keep up with them all. Best way to get our attention if you see a yucky monster is to message us directly and tell us the name and which post you last saw the little skunk.
Lt Root Beer of the Mighty 699th. Fogbow 💙s titular Mama June in Fogbow's Favourite Show™ Mama June: From Not To Hot! Fogbow's Theme Song™ Edith Massey's "I Got The Evidence!" https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C5jDHZd0JAg
MN-Skeptic

Post by MN-Skeptic »

A fool and his money...
johnpcapitalist

orlylicious wrote: Thu Sep 22, 2022 12:04 am JPC, SPAC was up as high as $175. Nice try, we know that's when you bought in bigly to this winner. :lol:
Yeah, I lied. I said I sold the Gulfstream and the yacht to buy it at $92. But I actually sold the Gulfstream, the yacht and the beachfront place in the Hamptons to buy it at $175. But I bought it for cash so I wouldn't have to worry about margin calls. After that last post, I'm so sure I'm right that I'm buying more on margin. Elon Musk always follows through on his promises to save the little guy!
RTH10260

Post by RTH10260 »

Investors pull almost $140 million from the company planning to merge with Donald Trump's Truth Social

Jyoti Mann
Sep 24, 2022, 2:52 PM
  • The deadline for Digital World deal to acquire Donald Trump's Truth Social passed on September 20.
    Investors are walking away from planned commitments of $140 million, SEC filings show.
    Reuters reported that Sabby Management investors bowed out, taking away $100 million.
commentary by MeidasTouch
► Show Spoiler
RTH10260

Post by RTH10260 »

Some Investors Backing Out of SPAC Merging With Trump's Media Firm

By Reuters
Sept. 23, 2022, at 7:32 p.m.

(Reuters) - Some investors are backing out of Digital World Acquisition Corp's plan to acquire former U.S. President Donald Trump's social media firm Truth Social, the blank-check firm said on Friday.

Digital World said it had received termination notices from private investment in public equity (PIPE) investors ending nearly $139 million in investments out of the $1 billion commitment it had previously announced.

Investors, who signed the PIPE commitment about one year ago, are free to move their money after the Sept. 20, 2022 deadline if the deal has not completed.

Digital World did not disclose the investors that pulled out. Sources told Reuters Sabby Management, which had committed $100 million to the PIPE, is one of the investors who have terminated.

Sabby Management declined to comment.

More investors could pull out in the next few weeks, sources said, as they can terminate anytime after the deadline. Many are waiting for DWAC to propose more preferred terms to PIPE investors, sources added. The deal between the special purpose acquisition company (SPAC) and Trump Media and Technology Group (TMTG), which owns Truth Social, has been on ice due to civil and criminal probes into the circumstances around the agreement.

https://money.usnews.com/investing/news ... media-firm
woodworker

Post by woodworker »

RTH10260 wrote: Mon Sep 26, 2022 12:00 pm
Some Investors Backing Out of SPAC Merging With Trump's Media Firm

By Reuters
Sept. 23, 2022, at 7:32 p.m.

(Reuters) - Some investors are backing out of Digital World Acquisition Corp's plan to acquire former U.S. President Donald Trump's social media firm Truth Social, the blank-check firm said on Friday.

Digital World said it had received termination notices from private investment in public equity (PIPE) investors ending nearly $139 million in investments out of the $1 billion commitment it had previously announced.

Investors, who signed the PIPE commitment about one year ago, are free to move their money after the Sept. 20, 2022 deadline if the deal has not completed.

Digital World did not disclose the investors that pulled out. Sources told Reuters Sabby Management, which had committed $100 million to the PIPE, is one of the investors who have terminated.

Sabby Management declined to comment.

More investors could pull out in the next few weeks, sources said, as they can terminate anytime after the deadline. Many are waiting for DWAC to propose more preferred terms to PIPE investors, sources added. The deal between the special purpose acquisition company (SPAC) and Trump Media and Technology Group (TMTG), which owns Truth Social, has been on ice due to civil and criminal probes into the circumstances around the agreement.

https://money.usnews.com/investing/news ... media-firm
Yeahbut this is part of THE PLAN (don't ask me what plan), but THE PLAN involves QANON, NESARA, the GREAT RESET, the Dinar Revaluation and can only be stopped by the collective efforts of Soros, the Rothschilds, the Bilderbergs (you know, the Joooos -- interestingly, I am defending a deposition on Zoom this morning and the deposing attorney is named "Joo"), the Vatican and Queen Elizabeth II (she really isn't dead -- like all lizard people she has the ability to change shape and regenerate, which is why the current copy of Prince William is merely a placeholder).

That's my theory and I am sticking with it.
jez
Verified: ✅ Medicated

Post by jez »

For those of us (me) that are functionally illiterate when it comes to investing, what does that mean?

Obvious part is Truth* parent company does not get money. That much I figured out.

Is there anything else?
“What is better ? to be born good or to overcome your evil nature through great effort ?”

~Paarthurnax
johnpcapitalist

jez wrote: Mon Sep 26, 2022 3:41 pm For those of us (me) that are functionally illiterate when it comes to investing, what does that mean?

Obvious part is Truth* parent company does not get money. That much I figured out.

Is there anything else?
If Truth Social doesn't get $$, then it basically will have to shut its doors. Trump is not going to put his own money into that turd. Other rich grifters aren't either. The whole point of the deal was to fleece a bunch of Trumpist "stock bros" in a classic pump-and-dump once the deal was completed, selling the stock after the lockup expired (6 months after the deal closed) and then letting the whole thing collapse.

The investigation into various shady allegations around the deal will likely accelerate. It'll be fun to see Devin Nunes tied up in civil and potentially criminal litigation for years to come, when he thought he was only signing up for a high-paying figurehead position at the company. There will be a lot of other litigation to around it due to potential misrepresentations and fraud by both companies.

A lot of Trump "stock bros" put a lot of money into this thing. The stock ticked as high as $90, IIRC, and closed as high as $60 or so, for something fundamentally worth no more than the IPO price of $10 per share. I have seen some comments on Twitter that some people are losing their life savings. Another hard-earned reminder that Everything Trump Touches Dies.

There is some possibility that antics around this company will suck in TFG himself, but I would regard that as relatively low probability. My suspicion is that his stock is in TMTG, not in the SPAC, so he merely sees stock he paid very little for becoming worthless. He most likely didn't cash out already.
somerset

Post by somerset »

johnpcapitalist wrote: Mon Sep 26, 2022 3:57 pm
jez wrote: Mon Sep 26, 2022 3:41 pm For those of us (me) that are functionally illiterate when it comes to investing, what does that mean?

Is there anything else?

There is some possibility that antics around this company will suck in TFG himself, but I would regard that as relatively low probability. My suspicion is that his stock is in TMTG, not in the SPAC, so he merely sees stock he paid very little for becoming worthless. He most likely didn't cash out already.
A somewhat off-topic question for JPC - What's the difference between a SPAC and a "clean public shell?" It seems that they're essentially the same thing, and public shells were a common way for companies to go public in the 80s and 90s. SPACs are the new hotness, but are they really all that new?
p0rtia

Post by p0rtia »

Thanks, JPC. Please continue to explain the gories.
johnpcapitalist

somerset wrote: Mon Sep 26, 2022 4:09 pm A somewhat off-topic question for JPC - What's the difference between a SPAC and a "clean public shell?" It seems that they're essentially the same thing, and public shells were a common way for companies to go public in the 80s and 90s. SPACs are the new hotness, but are they really all that new?
You're right: reverse shell mergers to go public have been around for a long time. Those don't have a lot of money, they just exist for the purpose of being bought by the company that wants to go public.

There were also things called "blank check acquisition companies," which raised money to buy a bunch of companies in an unnamed industry. These typically appealed to institutional investors, not so much to retail investors. They were usually started by experienced management teams in some industry who thought they could do some acquisitions and create a large company, usually in some other industry. The rationale was that they needed to not divulge the target companies or even the target industry because that would drive valuations up. So you were betting on management's credibility, which is something institutional investors are comfortable with, especially if the management has done well in other industries. Great example: Wayne Huizenga rolled up independent garbage haulers to create the giant Waste Management Inc. He then parlayed that expertise into Blockbuster Video. And he then moved to roll up auto dealers creating the mega-dealer Auto Nation. I am not sure whether Auto Nation was actually a blank check deal, but that's the sort of thing you'd use a blank check deal to launch. Blank check deals typically would try to do multiple acquisitions within an industry to create value by getting economies of scale.

SPACs are a little more complex than blank check companies, and there's a bit more legal structure to what you can do. The SPAC is obligated to give the money back if they can't get a deal done (less expenses of hunting for a deal, which may or may not be significant) within a specific period of time. So there are some investor protections now, which make SPACs more appealing to individual investors. SPACs typically do a single acquisition.

SPACs also have "sponsors," which are allegedly experienced people who help sell the deal (either the SPAC itself or selling the SPAC as the best home for the target company). These can be knowledgeable industry players or they can be celebrities. They can also be companies -- Google could sponsor a SPAC as a vehicle for doing one of its many "big bets" acquisitions that stand apart from its core product lines. One example of a celebrity sponsor is Leonardo DiCaprio, who sponsored the SPAC for electric car maker Polestar because of his environmental activism track record. Serena Williams and baseball player Alex Rodriguez have also been involved in SPACs.

Because of the rules structure, he acquirer SPAC can't coordinate with an acquisition target. It's supposed to be an arm's length deal. And that appears to be one of the key areas the SEC and other law enforcement organizations are looking at here -- as you'd expect from the shoddy corners of Trump world, they seem to have been stupidly brazen about coordinating before the SPAC acquirer went public, which is an obvious and serious no-no. It's not hard to know that's a key rule of SPAC deals, and a legit SPAC wouldn't feel the need to stray close to the line on that issue.
jez
Verified: ✅ Medicated

Post by jez »

Thank you so much JCP. :thumbsup:
“What is better ? to be born good or to overcome your evil nature through great effort ?”

~Paarthurnax
Uninformed

Post by Uninformed »

“Trump Spac changes address to mailbox at UPS store”:
https://www.ft.com/content/ee706fed-c9d ... 10e5c924ca

“The blank-cheque company that plans to take Donald Trump’s media business public has changed its listed address to a mailbox at a UPS Store, the latest sign that the company is trying to preserve cash as it struggles to keep the deal alive.”
If you can't lie to yourself, who can you lie to?
somerset

Post by somerset »

johnpcapitalist wrote: Mon Sep 26, 2022 4:33 pm
somerset wrote: Mon Sep 26, 2022 4:09 pm A somewhat off-topic question for JPC - What's the difference between a SPAC and a "clean public shell?" It seems that they're essentially the same thing, and public shells were a common way for companies to go public in the 80s and 90s. SPACs are the new hotness, but are they really all that new?
Because of the rules structure, he acquirer SPAC can't coordinate with an acquisition target. It's supposed to be an arm's length deal. And that appears to be one of the key areas the SEC and other law enforcement organizations are looking at here -- as you'd expect from the shoddy corners of Trump world, they seem to have been stupidly brazen about coordinating before the SPAC acquirer went public, which is an obvious and serious no-no. It's not hard to know that's a key rule of SPAC deals, and a legit SPAC wouldn't feel the need to stray close to the line on that issue.
Thanks JPC! Really appreciate the insight!!

Return to “The Big Lie & Aftermath of The Former Guy”