Spring forward.
To delete this message, click the X at top right.

TRUTH SOCIAL #PRAVDASOCIAL & Trump Media & Technology Group (TMTG) SPAC Digital World Acquisition Corp NASDAQ: DWAC

Abandon reality, all ye who enter here. *Democracy*Under*Threat*
raison de arizona
Verified: ✔️ he/him/his

Re: TRUTH SOCIAL & Trump Media & Technology Group (TMTG) SPAC Digital World Acquisition Corp NASDAQ: DWAC

Post by raison de arizona »

much ado wrote: Mon Apr 18, 2022 8:52 pm
Suranis wrote: Mon Apr 18, 2022 7:20 pm So anyone got any theory about whats really going on?
Well, my theory is that, although there are technical issues involved, the underlying problem is incompetence. The people in charge don't know how to hire the right people to manage the project. So the incompetent managers don't know how to hire capable technical people (and there is a shortage of good technical workers right now). The incompetent technical people don't know how to solve the technical issues. They probably rely on some sort of cronyism to hand out jobs. I mean the CEO is Devin Nunes. What the hell does he know about how to run a high-tech startup? Nothing!

I don't think we need to look any deeper than that.
:yeahthat: especially the highlighted

If they were wise they would hire the developers of Mastodon and turn them loose on Truth. But they're dopes. And so they do dopey things, like try to not even acknowledge they forked a well known open source project until they are forced to.
“Remember, democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet that did not commit suicide.” —John Adams
Ben-Prime
Verified: ✅MamaSaysI'mBonaFide

Re: TRUTH SOCIAL & Trump Media & Technology Group (TMTG) SPAC Digital World Acquisition Corp NASDAQ: DWAC

Post by Ben-Prime »

Kendra wrote: Mon Apr 18, 2022 8:22 pm
CEO of Trump Media Devin Nunes assures Truth Social users not to worry, because big changes are coming soon to fix all the issues with the platform “over the next few weeks.”
:liar:
Looks like Truth Social needs some big, beautiful healthcare.
But the sunshine aye shall light the sky,
As round and round we run;
And the truth shall ever come uppermost,
And justice shall be done.

- Charles Mackay, "Eternal Justice"
RTH10260
Verified: ✔️ Eurobot

Post by RTH10260 »

remember report in https://thefogbow.com/forum/viewtopic.p ... 583#p95583
Spurred by the former president’s frustration, Nunes has worked to install his own people atop the troubled company, leading to the resignations of its chiefs of technology, product development and legal affairs, according to the people familiar with the turmoil. The departures were first reported by Reuters and Politico.
Sam the Centipede

Post by Sam the Centipede »

much ado wrote: Mon Apr 18, 2022 8:52 pm Well, my theory is that [...] the underlying problem is incompetence.
Y'know, I don't think anybody here - techy or non-techy - is going to disagree with that part of your analysis!
northland10
Verified: ✅ I'm me.

Post by northland10 »

The management was hired because they do talking points and nothing more. That is all TFO wants. Nunes was hired because he is good at telling TFO what he wants to hear and Nunes is rarely concerned about the actual facts (like they don't have the budget and staffing to accomplish the task). So, senior managers tell Nunes what he wants to hear and Nunes tells Trump.

"This is budget and staffing we need to build this platform" is not a talking point. It's boring and Nunes/Trump don't want to hear it.
101010 :towel:
raison de arizona

They’ve finally cleared the waiting list. iOS only still.
“Remember, democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet that did not commit suicide.” —John Adams
pipistrelle

Post by pipistrelle »

How many fascist-leaning knockoffs of Twitter are there? Parler, Gab, Telegram, FrankSpeech, TruthSocial? I've forgotten a few. How many do they need?
Dr. Ken

Post by Dr. Ken »

Didn't that birther Garrett pappitt's father have his own Facebook knockoff?
ImageImagePhilly Boondoggle
pipistrelle

Post by pipistrelle »

It’s “Troth Sential.”

RTH10260

Post by RTH10260 »

I think we now know why his handlers don't let him use his own platform. :cantlook:
RTH10260

Post by RTH10260 »

for the record

Stock tied to Donald Trump’s social media venture falls 13% as Twitter announces deal with Musk

PUBLISHED MON, APR 25 20229:26 AM EDTU PDATED MON, APR 25 20226:46 PM EDT
Yun Li

Shares of Digital World Acquisition Corp., the blank-check company poised to take Donald Trump’s media venture public, fell in volatile trading on Monday after Twitter announced a take-private deal with Elon Musk.

The stock had fallen 12.9% Monday, bringing its year-to-date losses to over 30%. The special purpose acquisition company is on track to merge with the former president’s Trump Media & Technology Group.

https://www.cnbc.com/2022/04/25/stock-t ... ading.html

Flatpoint High
Occupation: professional pain in the ass, voice actor & keeper of the straight face
Verified:

Post by Flatpoint High »

castigat ridendo mores.
VELOCIUS QUAM ASPARAGI COQUANTUR
raison de arizona

Truth sucks. I don't know if I'm doing it wrong or the algorithm just sucks, but I keep getting served the same dreadful posts that I'm just not interested in mostly. And I have a billion people following me, I keep getting alerts about new people following me. I've never posted anything. I've never liked anything. I've never "re-truthed" anything. Where are these people coming from?

I rate it Texas. (one star)
pipistrelle

Post by pipistrelle »

raison de arizona wrote: Thu Apr 28, 2022 4:05 pm Truth sucks. I don't know if I'm doing it wrong or the algorithm just sucks, but I keep getting served the same dreadful posts that I'm just not interested in mostly. And I have a billion people following me, I keep getting alerts about new people following me. I've never posted anything. I've never liked anything. I've never "re-truthed" anything. Where are these people coming from?

I rate it Texas. (one star)
What’s the one star for? Minus stars is an option.
tek

Post by tek »

claims that Twitter orchestrated its sale to Elon Musk just to "stop Truth Social."
Truth Social seems to be stopping itself without any outside help...
RTH10260

Post by RTH10260 »

Dr. Ken wrote: Thu Apr 28, 2022 4:01 pm https:// twitter.com/RightWingWatch/status/1519750554628591617
Right Wing Watch@RightWingWatch
"It's a scam." MAGA pastor/Trump cultist Shane Vaughn (aka "Professor Toto") claims that Twitter orchestrated its sale to Elon Musk just to "stop Truth Social."

8:49 PM · Apr 28, 2022
I heard thru the grapevines that a new york billionaire who found refugee status in FL has the petty cash for a counter offer :twisted:
neonzx
Verified: 🤩✅✅✅✅✅🤩

Post by neonzx »

RTH10260 wrote: Thu Apr 28, 2022 6:53 pm I heard thru the grapevines that a new york billionaire who found refugee status in FL has the petty cash for a counter offer :twisted:
Sure, Jan.

:rotflmao:
Slim Cognito
Verified:

Post by Slim Cognito »

:rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:
Pup Dennis in training to be a guide dog & given to a deserving vet. Thx! ImageImageImage x4
RTH10260

Post by RTH10260 »

:confuzzled: What's the message? That Scavino pushed thr donald over the edge to post first time in four months?

Like "boldly going where no man went before" ?
raison de arizona

RTH10260 wrote: Thu Apr 28, 2022 8:59 pm :confuzzled: What's the message? That Scavino pushed thr donald over the edge to post first time in four months?
I would say but it's against the law in Florida.
Suranis

Post by Suranis »

Is the message that there is a Crock of Sh1t at the end of the Rainbow?
Hic sunt dracones
tek

Post by tek »

Objection! Assumes truth not in evidence.

I an not convinced 'truth" and 'Trump' were ever within 100 feet of each other.
tek

Post by tek »

BTW, yesterday evening about 7 miles from Merde Lardo we had a DOUBLE rainbow.

So Trump clearly negotiated it down.

Return to “The Big Lie & Aftermath of The Former Guy”