Spring forward.
To delete this message, click the X at top right.

Meanwhile in Texoma........

Tell us about yourself. But only things you want us to know.
Volkonski
Verified:

Re: Meanwhile in Texoma........

Post by Volkonski »

It is 86F with 27% RH and 31 mph gusts.
“If everyone fought for their own convictions there would be no war.” ― Leo Tolstoy, War and Peace
Volkonski
Verified:

Post by Volkonski »

Some local excitement this morning.

Clay Co. Sheriff facing Official Oppression charges

https://www.newschannel6now.com/2021/11 ... ntent=kauz
The Clay County DA’s Office has provided KAUZ with a statement saying that its office has been recused from the investigation, and that the case will be handled by the 46th Judicial District Attorney’s Office, which is run by Staley Heatly in Vernon.

:snippity:

According to the Clay County Inmate Roster, a person with the same name as Sheriff Jeffrey C. Lyde was booked into the Clay County Jail on two counts of official oppression on Thursday morning.

His name has since been taken off the jail roster.

At the time this story was originally published no bond had been set. The arresting agency listed was the Texas Department of Public Safety.
Clay County is the rural county (pop. 10,000) just to our east where our daughter taught last year. It is 95% white and solidly Republican.
“If everyone fought for their own convictions there would be no war.” ― Leo Tolstoy, War and Peace
Volkonski
Verified:

Post by Volkonski »

Clay County Sheriff freed on PR bond

https://www.timesrecordnews.com/story/n ... 665449002/
After a brief stint in his own lockup, Clay County Sheriff Jeffrey Clark Lyde was free and back on the job.

Lyde, 54, was booked into the Clay County Jail Thursday morning after being arrested by Texas DPS troopers.

Lyde was charged with two counts of official oppression, a Class A misdemeanor.

After he was released from jail, he took to Facebook with his version of what happened. He said he was charged because he held a woman and a man in jail for more than 48 hours with a probable cause issued by a magistrate.
Volkonski
Verified:

Post by Volkonski »

Clay County Sheriff Jeffrey Lyde went live on Facebook to explain the two counts of Official Oppression reported Thursday morning.

During the four minute video, linked below, Lyde read out the grand jury indictment. He said the charges stated that as Sheriff he had placed two people in jail for more than 48 hours on July 12 without the finding of probable cause by a magistrate.

Lyde also said that he had been briefly detained and that Judge Campbell had determined him to not be a flight risk, setting a PR bond.
Tiredretiredlawyer
Verified: ✅🐴🐎🦄🌻5000 posts and counting

Post by Tiredretiredlawyer »

:popcorn:
"Mickey Mouse and I grew up together." - Ruthie Tompson, Disney animation checker and scene planner and one of the first women to become a member of the International Photographers Union in 1952.
Volkonski
Verified:

Post by Volkonski »

Like so many modern appliances our new refrigerator communicates with us over the Internet.

We get a message every time a door is opened or closed. We can set the temperature from our phones. We can see if the filters need to be changed.

Our dishwasher also communicates with us. Sends messages at the start and end of each cycle. We can check the cycle status on our phones.

It is a brave new world. ;)
Foggy
Dick Tater
Verified: as seen on qvc zombie apocalypse

Post by Foggy »

I can just imagine.

Fridge - Hey something smells really bad in here.

V - Yes, we're at a movie and will check when we get back.

Fridge - No, this is really bad, man. I'm gagging here. I'm gonna hurl my cookies. You really need to come home now.

V - The movie's about to start; see you in a few hours.

Fridge - AAAAGGGGGHHHHH!!!!
Out from under. :thumbsup:
AndyinPA
Verified:

Post by AndyinPA »

:rotflmao:
"Choose your leaders with wisdom and forethought. To be led by a coward is to be controlled by all that the coward fears… To be led by a liar is to ask to be told lies." -Octavia E. Butler
Maybenaut
Verified: ✅✅

Post by Maybenaut »

Foggy wrote: Thu Nov 18, 2021 3:38 pm I can just imagine.

Fridge - Hey something smells really bad in here.

V - Yes, we're at a movie and will check when we get back.

Fridge - No, this is really bad, man. I'm gagging here. I'm gonna hurl my cookies. You really need to come home now.

V - The movie's about to start; see you in a few hours.

Fridge - AAAAGGGGGHHHHH!!!!
Fridge [after consulting Google about how to communicate with the internet of things] - issues commands

Roomba - Bumps into Fridge over and over with greater and greater force til the door flies open and offending content is ejected all over the floor

Fridge - Whew! Thanks, Roomba.

Roomba - No biggie

Fridge - Mr. V, we’re out of paper towels
"Hey! We left this England place because it was bogus, and if we don't get some cool rules ourselves, pronto, we'll just be bogus too!" -- Thomas Jefferson
MN-Skeptic

Post by MN-Skeptic »

When we bought our house in 1980, we asked if we could have their upright freezer in the basement. It's still working fine. The manual has a copyright of 1964. So... no internet.
AndyinPA
Verified:

Post by AndyinPA »

MN-Skeptic wrote: Thu Nov 18, 2021 7:54 pm When we bought our house in 1980, we asked if we could have their upright freezer in the basement. It's still working fine. The manual has a copyright of 1964. So... no internet.
We have a freezer that my in-laws gave us around 1980. It was their old one, and was at least 25 years old when they gave it to us. It is still working fine, too. I also have an electric knife that's over 50 years old.
"Choose your leaders with wisdom and forethought. To be led by a coward is to be controlled by all that the coward fears… To be led by a liar is to ask to be told lies." -Octavia E. Butler
pipistrelle

Post by pipistrelle »

Volkonski wrote: Thu Nov 18, 2021 3:32 pm Like so many modern appliances our new refrigerator communicates with us over the Internet.

We get a message every time a door is opened or closed. We can set the temperature from our phones. We can see if the filters need to be changed.

Our dishwasher also communicates with us. Sends messages at the start and end of each cycle. We can check the cycle status on our phones.

Our parents didn't need the interrnet. They could tell the refrigerator door was opening from two houses away.
Volkonski
Verified:

Post by Volkonski »

pipistrelle wrote: Thu Nov 18, 2021 10:51 pm
Volkonski wrote: Thu Nov 18, 2021 3:32 pm Like so many modern appliances our new refrigerator communicates with us over the Internet.

Our parents didn't need the interrnet. They could tell the refrigerator door was opening from two houses away.
:lol:
RTH10260
Verified: ✔️ Eurobot

Post by RTH10260 »

Volkonski wrote: Thu Nov 18, 2021 12:08 pm Some local excitement this morning.

Clay Co. Sheriff facing Official Oppression charges

According to the Clay County Inmate Roster, a person with the same name as Sheriff Jeffrey C. Lyde was booked into the Clay County Jail on two counts of official oppression on Thursday morning.

:lol: now that is diplomacy at its best :rotflmao:
RTH10260
Verified: ✔️ Eurobot

Post by RTH10260 »

It's good to know when squatters are taking care of your place while residing at the Northfork ;)
Tiredretiredlawyer

We just got a new refrig. It looks like the "A Space Odyssey" monolith. Hubby chosed it. It's a Samsung. I am afraid to see whether in is connected to the interwebs. :shock:
"Mickey Mouse and I grew up together." - Ruthie Tompson, Disney animation checker and scene planner and one of the first women to become a member of the International Photographers Union in 1952.
Volkonski
Verified:

Post by Volkonski »

Our daughter the teacher has all of next week off. :biggrin: Time to catch upon her lesson plans and grading. ;)

But first she and her husband who are big women's soccer fans are headed to Louisville, KY for the NWSL Championship game tomorrow, Washington Spirit vs. Chicago Red Stars.
Volkonski
Verified:

Post by Volkonski »

Frater I*I
Verified: ✅Verified Devilish Hyena

Post by Frater I*I »

Tiredretiredlawyer wrote: Fri Nov 19, 2021 9:41 am We just got a new refrig. It looks like the "A Space Odyssey" monolith. Hubby chosed it. It's a Samsung. I am afraid to see whether in is connected to the interwebs. :shock:
It's full of stars!!!!!
"He sewed his eyes shut because he is afraid to see, He tries to tell me what I put inside of me
He's got the answers to ease my curiosity, He dreamed a god up and called it Christianity"

Trent Reznor
Tiredretiredlawyer

:biggrin:
Volkonski
Verified:

Post by Volkonski »

Monday thru Friday of the coming week the highs here will be in the mid-70s. :biggrin:

So e can catch up on leaf removal without shivering. ;)
Volkonski
Verified:

Post by Volkonski »

Gov. Abbott to meet with US Air Force Reps at Sheppard Air Force Base

https://www.texomashomepage.com/news/lo ... socialflow
WICHITA FALLS (KFDX/KJTL) — Governor Greg Abbott will be meeting with U.S. Air Force Representatives at Sheppard Air Force Base on Tuesday.

After the meeting with representatives, Gov. Abbott will deliver brief remarks and answer questions which will be live-streamed on our website.

It is unclear what Abbott and Air Force Representative will be discussing.
What is Abbott up to?
Volkonski
Verified:

Post by Volkonski »

https://www.newschannel6now.com/2021/12 ... ntent=kauz
WICHITA FALLS, Texas (KAUZ) - Texas Governor Greg Abbott will meet with U.S. Air Force Representatives on Tuesday at Sheppard Air Force Base.

Abbott will then deliver remarks at 1:15 p.m. from the base.

KAUZ News Channel 6 will be working to bring you coverage as it happens.
Volkonski
Verified:

Post by Volkonski »

There are shortages of medical workers here.

The North Texas State Hospital is an inpatient phychiatic facility.

They need-

RN’s
LVN’s
PNA’s
Housekeeping
Laundry
Food service operators
Volkonski
Verified:

Post by Volkonski »

What with all the tornadoes yesterday didn't get around to mentioning our local brush fires.

Return to “Introduce Yourself”