Spring forward.
To delete this message, click the X at top right.

Steve Bannon

Abandon reality, all ye who enter here. *Democracy*Under*Threat*
Wintermute
Verified:

Steve Bannon

Post by Wintermute »

New Turtle wrote: Fri Oct 21, 2022 4:08 pm
Wintermute wrote: Fri Oct 21, 2022 4:03 pm
Frater I*I wrote: Fri Oct 21, 2022 3:34 pm

At his initial intake, yes, after not so much....
The inmates AKA Cellies will enforce bathing unless he is in solitaire. The have been known to scrub nasty smelly people with toilet brushes an mop water until the skill is learned.
I don't think they will go at him like that. They know he has money.
This method of teaching will also extract money.
Maybenaut
Verified: ✅✅

Steve Bannon

Post by Maybenaut »

Gregg wrote: Fri Oct 21, 2022 4:17 pm
Maybenaut wrote: Fri Oct 21, 2022 2:23 pm
raison de arizona wrote: Fri Oct 21, 2022 2:10 pm I wish they would have fined him the full $200k, arrogant SOB, but I'm pleased with the four months in the pokey. Is that a real four months, or is there time off for good behavior, etc.
As I understand it, 5 days off per month for good behavior nominally, but the calculus is kind of confusing and in practice works out to be less than that.

Edited to add “per month.”
I thought it only applied if the sentence was longer than 1 year, which is why some are sentenced to a year and a day.
Yeah, maybe. But if there is good time, it’s 5 days per month max.
"Hey! We left this England place because it was bogus, and if we don't get some cool rules ourselves, pronto, we'll just be bogus too!" -- Thomas Jefferson
Slim Cognito
Verified:

Steve Bannon

Post by Slim Cognito »

"Good behavior," yeah, right.
Pup Dennis in training to be a guide dog & given to a deserving vet. Thx! ImageImageImage x4
bob

Steve Bannon

Post by bob »

New Turtle wrote: Fri Oct 21, 2022 4:08 pmI don't think they will go at him like that. They know he has money.
I fully expect Bannon to be in some sort of protective custody. At his Club Fed.
Image ImageImage
realist

Steve Bannon

Post by realist »

bob wrote: Fri Oct 21, 2022 5:55 pm
New Turtle wrote: Fri Oct 21, 2022 4:08 pmI don't think they will go at him like that. They know he has money.
I fully expect Bannon to be in some sort of protective custody. At his Club Fed.
:yeahthat:
Image X 4
Image X 32
keith
Occupation: Retired Computer Systems Analyst Project Manager Super Coder
Verified: ✅lunatic

Steve Bannon

Post by keith »

Screw that. Put him on a chain gang.

After all, the problem is a failyah ta communicate.
Has everybody heard about the bird?
jcolvin2
Verified:

Steve Bannon

Post by jcolvin2 »

Maybenaut wrote: Fri Oct 21, 2022 5:36 pm Yeah, maybe. But if there is good time, it’s 5 days per month max.
Federal good time credit is technically 54 days per year, or slightly less than 5 days/month.
jcolvin2
Verified:

Steve Bannon

Post by jcolvin2 »

keith wrote: Fri Oct 21, 2022 6:42 pm After all, the problem is a failyah ta communicate.
Ah kontumashious failyah ta communicate
keith
Occupation: Retired Computer Systems Analyst Project Manager Super Coder
Verified: ✅lunatic

Steve Bannon

Post by keith »

jcolvin2 wrote: Sat Oct 22, 2022 12:14 am
keith wrote: Fri Oct 21, 2022 6:42 pm After all, the problem is a failyah ta communicate.
Ah kontumashious failyah ta communicate
I reckon every word here fits perfectly.

Has everybody heard about the bird?
raison de arizona
Verified: ✔️ he/him/his

Steve Bannon

Post by raison de arizona »

What a shame.
“Remember, democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet that did not commit suicide.” —John Adams
raison de arizona

Steve Bannon

Steve Bannon threatens Dr Fauci and his family will be ‘hunted’ after midterms: ‘Paybacks across the board’
Former Trump adviser says Dr Fauci’s entire family will be ‘hunted’ after the midterms

Former Trump adviser Steve Bannon has issued a threat to Anthony Fauci, saying the president’s chief medical adviser and his entire family are going to “suffer” after the midterm elections next month.

“On 8 November, when we destroy the Democratic party as a national political institution and really end the regime, the hunted become the hunters. The whole Fauci family is going to be welcome to the investigations. The entire family,” Mr Bannon said on his War Room podcast on Sunday.

A clip of his podcast was shared on Twitter by attorney and analyst Ron Filipkowski.

“Remember, War Room was taken off Twitter because of comments I made about, wait for it, [FBI director] Christopher Wray and Anthony Fauci that their day was coming... they took the War Room account off Twitter. Paybacks across the board on all that, a big move,” Mr Bannon said.
:snippity:
https://www.independent.co.uk/news/worl ... 09779.html
https://twitter.com/RonFilipkowski/stat ... 2767849472
“Remember, democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet that did not commit suicide.” —John Adams
Slim Cognito
Verified:

Steve Bannon

Post by Slim Cognito »

Why hasn't that bastard's liver failed yet? I'm counting the days.
Pup Dennis in training to be a guide dog & given to a deserving vet. Thx! ImageImageImage x4
Volkonski
Verified:

Steve Bannon

Post by Volkonski »

“If everyone fought for their own convictions there would be no war.” ― Leo Tolstoy, War and Peace
Phoenix520
Verified:

Steve Bannon

Post by Phoenix520 »

I was listening to a podcast, I think it was Greg Olear interviewing Nina Burleigh, and the guest lit into Bannon.

(Paraphrasing)

Bannon likes to pretend he’s this outsider, right? And he’s always talking about Hollywood and how he was treated so badly as a conservative, right? But he made his Hollywood bones on Seinfeld, right, and that’s when Hollywood started to hate him. He smelled, he was obnoxious, and he drank a lot, drunk on set, and that’s just so unprofessional, all these guys doing their jobs and Bannon just crashing around.

I got the impression that he really shat his Hollywood bed.
SuzieC
Verified:

Steve Bannon

Post by SuzieC »

Bannon worked on Seinfeld? I had no idea. What did he do?
Suranis

Steve Bannon

Post by Suranis »

Bannon had something to do with Seinfeld? No wonder I hated that show.

Another thing Bannon was involved in back in the early 1990s - Biosphere 2, an Environmental science project. He was very much pushing Global warming back then...

https://www.vice.com/en/article/qkjn87/ ... experiment
Scientists broke into the dome to sound the alarm about Bannon's involvement

This one's a huge "OH SHIT" for scientists: Tampering with an in-progress experiment and contaminating the entire dome.

In late 1993, Space Biosphere Ventures refused to accept Bannon's proposal to remove top Biosphere 2 management. Bannon quit over this, but returned as CEO the following year when Bass gave in to his requests.

Two of the original eight researchers staged a mutiny from outside when they heard Bannon was back. "They opened doors and broke glass seals, letting outside air into the dome," the Chicago Tribune reported in 1994. "In no way was it sabotage," said Abigail Alling, one of the researchers. "It was my responsibility."

He was accused of harassing employees

After this takeover, project director Augustine accused Bass of having used his agents to dissociate her from the Biosphere project in breach of an earlier agreement, Buzzfeed reported again in August. In a counter-suit, Space Biosphere Ventures accused her of self-dealing and funneling $800,000 of project money.

She claimed this was an effort to slander her out of the position, and accused Bannon, Bass and another banker of a long list of harassment in her complaint: "Both Bowen and Bannon were insulting to the plaintiff and other females employees of Biosphere 2, and in their presence, and against their will, made lewd remarks, told offensive off-color stories, made disparaging remarks about females, made sexually suggestive remarks, discussed females they had known in a lewd and derogatory fashion and in general acted with total indifference to the feelings of the plaintiff and other female employees of Biosphere 2." She also claimed that Bannon once made comments about her being "a woman in a man's job."

In the face of the counter-suit, she dropped her legal action and was removed from the project in 1993.
Hic sunt dracones
bob

Steve Bannon

Post by bob »

SuzieC wrote: Fri Oct 28, 2022 6:31 pm Bannon worked on Seinfeld? I had no idea. What did he do?
Didn't "work on"; owned a piece of the pie:
The Guardian wrote:Bannon, a former financier at Goldman Sachs, acquired a share of the royalties from Seinfeld in 1993 as part of the sale of Castle Rock Entertainment to Turner Broadcasting System.
Image ImageImage
raison de arizona

Steve Bannon

raison de arizona

Steve Bannon

bob

Steve Bannon

Post by bob »

Bannon's sentence stayed pending appeal.

Not surprising.
Image ImageImage
Kendra

Steve Bannon

Post by Kendra »

mojosapien
Occupation: Desktop support. Retired juror for the next three years, thanks.
Verified:

Steve Bannon

Post by mojosapien »

I assume his next announcement on The War Room is that Ivanka and Jared are announcing their divorce, and that ahe is shacking up with Andy Dick.
Think like a fortune cookie. ©2022-Mojosapien
sad-cafe

Steve Bannon

Post by sad-cafe »

No no no. It’s Tom Brady

Remember bloatus wanted his daughter/wife with that big baby
RTH10260
Verified: ✔️ Eurobot

Steve Bannon

Post by RTH10260 »

Kendra wrote: Sat Nov 12, 2022 8:32 am https://twitter.com/RonFilipkowski/stat ... 8175555584
Ron Filipkowski 🇺🇦@RonFilipkowski
Can you help me out. Did this happen?
Ron Filipkowski 🇺🇦@RonFilipkowski
Steve Bannon went on a wild rant outside the courthouse today, saying MAGA is going to destroy the Democratic Party, win 100 House seats, get 50% of the black male votes, 55% of Hispanic votes, and then rule for 100 years.
5:05 AM · Nov 12, 2022
He is being quite modest or knows his history by evading the 1000 :twisted:
Phoenix520
Verified:

Steve Bannon

Post by Phoenix520 »

Nah, he’s still a moron who thinks he’s a genius.

Return to “The Big Lie & Aftermath of The Former Guy”