Spring forward.
To delete this message, click the X at top right.

Steve Bannon

Abandon reality, all ye who enter here. *Democracy*Under*Threat*
Azastan
Verified:

Re: Steve Bannon

Post by Azastan »

raison de arizona wrote: Fri Sep 09, 2022 3:23 pm
Ron Filipkowski 🇺🇦 @RonFilipkowski wrote: Bannon claims today that there were FBI raids on the homes of 35 different senior members of MAGA yesterday.
"according to donald trump" :lol:
Is MAGA a club now? Do you have to apply for membership?
raison de arizona
Verified: ✔️ he/him/his

Post by raison de arizona »

Azastan wrote: Fri Sep 09, 2022 3:45 pm
Ron Filipkowski 🇺🇦 @RonFilipkowski wrote: Bannon claims today that there were FBI raids on the homes of 35 different senior members of MAGA yesterday.
More of a regime, I believe.
“Remember, democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet that did not commit suicide.” —John Adams
Ben-Prime
Verified: ✅MamaSaysI'mBonaFide

Post by Ben-Prime »

Dr. Ken wrote: Thu Sep 08, 2022 4:23 pm
Ben-Prime wrote: Thu Sep 08, 2022 3:18 pm "They'll have to kill me first."

Or, you know, just toss you in a cell and wait a few years until nature catches up with what you've already done to yourself.
Diabetes and bad hygeine will do that for him first.
As a Type II myself, I totally get that, and yet I feel no sympathy for Bannon Harkonnen.
But the sunshine aye shall light the sky,
As round and round we run;
And the truth shall ever come uppermost,
And justice shall be done.

- Charles Mackay, "Eternal Justice"
noblepa

Post by noblepa »

raison de arizona wrote: Fri Sep 09, 2022 11:49 am Conservative talk radio this morning was discussing this. Their thrust was that the DOJ was going after Bannon for political reasons. Never-mind that this wasn't the DOJ. But they played audio from MSNBC where the hosts said that Bannon was "grifting" and got caught and they had him "dead to rights." The RWNJ radio host took umbrage. The argument was that grifting is not illegal, and if it was, then Nancy Pelosi should be in jail because she is always soliciting funds for Democrats. :crazy:
I know that everyone here knows this, but the difference between what Steve Bannon did and what Nancy Pelosi does (fundraising), is that the money Pelosi raises goes for the purpose she promised. Bannon, on the other hand, raised millions telling the gullible that the money would go to privately finance a wall on the Mexican border, all the while putting the money in his own pocket.

Had he actually built a section of such a wall, he might not be in handcuffs right now.
Gregg

Post by Gregg »

noblepa wrote: Fri Sep 09, 2022 5:03 pm
raison de arizona wrote: Fri Sep 09, 2022 11:49 am Conservative talk radio this morning was discussing this. Their thrust was that the DOJ was going after Bannon for political reasons. Never-mind that this wasn't the DOJ. But they played audio from MSNBC where the hosts said that Bannon was "grifting" and got caught and they had him "dead to rights." The RWNJ radio host took umbrage. The argument was that grifting is not illegal, and if it was, then Nancy Pelosi should be in jail because she is always soliciting funds for Democrats. :crazy:
I know that everyone here knows this, but the difference between what Steve Bannon did and what Nancy Pelosi does (fundraising), is that the money Pelosi raises goes for the purpose she promised. Bannon, on the other hand, raised millions telling the gullible that the money would go to privately finance a wall on the Mexican border, all the while putting the money in his own pocket.

Had he actually built a section of such a wall, he might not be in handcuffs right now.

They built 2 sections of wall, one a half mile long, because no one could ever walk five minutes to get around it, and another 3 miles long that was built too close to the Rio Grange and within a few months the bank had eroded out from under it and it fell into the water.

He is going to jail because at several rallys and fundraisers he and more prominently Brian Kolfege (sic?) promised that every penny was to build wall and not one penny was going to anything else. And yet somehow Brian what's his name ended up with at least $250K that Bannon laundered for him, and Bannon managed to grab a little pile for himself. The other three people involved who did not get pardons from Trump are all now convicted felons waiting to be sentenced and Bannon, until yesterday, was gonna get away with it, because he has an original copy of the pee tape (allegedly)
Supreme Commander, Imperial Illuminati Air Force
:dog:

You don't have to consent, but I'm gonna tase you anyway.
Gregg

Post by Gregg »

I've heard that before somewhere....

Supreme Commander, Imperial Illuminati Air Force
:dog:

You don't have to consent, but I'm gonna tase you anyway.
Dr. Ken

Post by Dr. Ken »

Gregg wrote: Fri Sep 09, 2022 5:57 pm
I've heard that before somewhere....

Yeah probably because Bannon flipped
ImageImagePhilly Boondoggle
northland10
Verified: ✅ I'm me.

Post by northland10 »

Kris Kobach resigns from We Build the Wall board after nonprofit indicted on money laundering

Read more at: https://www.kansascity.com/news/politic ... rylink=cpy
Former Kansas Secretary of State Kris Kobach, the Republican candidate for state attorney general, resigned Friday from the board of directors of We Build the Wall after the nonprofit organization was indicted on allegations of money laundering, conspiracy and fraud.

New York state prosecutors unsealed an indictment against former Trump adviser Steve Bannon on Thursday, alleging he defrauded donors to We Build the Wall, which fundraised to construct privately funded strips of wall along the southern border. We Build the Wall was also indicted and accused of the same crimes. Both Bannon and We Build the Wall have pleaded not guilty.

The indictment put Kobach in the potentially politically precarious position of helping lead an organization under indictment while running to become Kansas’ top law enforcement officer. Kobach’s campaign told The Star he had resigned from the board after the newspaper asked about his continuing involvement with We Build the Wall.
101010 :towel:
Slim Cognito
Verified:

Post by Slim Cognito »

🎷 Start spreading the news!! 🎵🎵
Hidden Content
This board requires you to be registered and logged-in to view hidden content.
Pup Dennis in training to be a guide dog & given to a deserving vet. Thx! ImageImageImage x4
RTH10260
Verified: ✔️ Eurobot

Post by RTH10260 »

northland10 wrote: Fri Sep 09, 2022 9:51 pm Kris Kobach resigns from We Build the Wall board after nonprofit indicted on money laundering

Read more at: https://www.kansascity.com/news/politic ... 53211.html
:snippity:
What took him so long? It was clear what had happened when the leading brains got caught on their yacht many moons ago.
Tiredretiredlawyer
Verified: ✅🐴🐎🦄🌻5000 posts and counting

Post by Tiredretiredlawyer »

Ben-Prime wrote: Fri Sep 09, 2022 4:47 pm
Dr. Ken wrote: Thu Sep 08, 2022 4:23 pm
Ben-Prime wrote: Thu Sep 08, 2022 3:18 pm "They'll have to kill me first."

Or, you know, just toss you in a cell and wait a few years until nature catches up with what you've already done to yourself.
Diabetes and bad hygeine will do that for him first.
As a Type II myself, I totally get that, and yet I feel no sympathy for Bannon Harkonnen.
:rotflmao:
"Mickey Mouse and I grew up together." - Ruthie Tompson, Disney animation checker and scene planner and one of the first women to become a member of the International Photographers Union in 1952.
Slim Cognito
Verified:

Post by Slim Cognito »

RTH10260 wrote: Fri Sep 09, 2022 10:23 pm
northland10 wrote: Fri Sep 09, 2022 9:51 pm Kris Kobach resigns from We Build the Wall board after nonprofit indicted on money laundering

Read more at: https://www.kansascity.com/news/politic ... 53211.html
:snippity:
What took him so long? It was clear what had happened when the leading brains got caught on their yacht many moons ago.
It's Kris Kobach.
Pup Dennis in training to be a guide dog & given to a deserving vet. Thx! ImageImageImage x4
Tiredretiredlawyer

:yeahthat:
"Mickey Mouse and I grew up together." - Ruthie Tompson, Disney animation checker and scene planner and one of the first women to become a member of the International Photographers Union in 1952.
raison de arizona

Ben-Prime wrote: Wed Sep 07, 2022 2:27 pm
pipistrelle wrote: Wed Sep 07, 2022 7:39 am Serious question: When Soros dies, who will be the next bogeyman?
Well, I mean, ghost can be bogeymen, right? It worked for Candyman.
FB050763-7E33-4E63-B67A-0F1EFEFC9603.jpeg
FB050763-7E33-4E63-B67A-0F1EFEFC9603.jpeg (144.93 KiB) Viewed 836 times
Oh, and this was a new one on me, Soros’ evil cousin.
DBDA8F8D-7AFD-46E3-BADA-19C2F8B9998D.jpeg
DBDA8F8D-7AFD-46E3-BADA-19C2F8B9998D.jpeg (101.32 KiB) Viewed 836 times
“Remember, democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet that did not commit suicide.” —John Adams
Kriselda Gray
Verified:

Post by Kriselda Gray »

Slim Cognito wrote: Sat Sep 10, 2022 7:09 am It's Kris Kobach.
My thoughts exactly.

For those who may not remember, Kobach was the AG or Sec'y of State in Kansas (he's been both, I forget which he was at the time) who agreed to hear one of Orly's challenges to Obama being on the ballot. IIRC, some guy had written a message on the web saying he'd file a complaint if a lawyer would represent him, so Orly volunteered to do it. It was all very weird and rather sketchy. I vaguely recall we weren't sure if the
supposed plaintiff was even real. But anyway, Kobach gave her a forum for her poison before dismissing whatever it was she was trying to do.
Tiredretiredlawyer

Kobach was also in tfg's administration.
Trump issued executive order 13799 establishing the Presidential Advisory Commission on Election Integrity on May 11, 2017.[181] White House officials reported that Kobach would be serving as vice-chairman (with Vice President Pence as chairman) of the twelve-member, Republican majority commission, which will "review claims of improper registrations and voting, fraudulent registrations and voter suppression."[182]

Although Pence was the titular head of the Commission on Voter Integrity, Kobach was its operational leader. In that capacity, Kobach, who serves on the elections committee of the National Association of Secretaries of State (NASS), wrote to the top election official in every state requesting they turn over voter data ostensibly to aid a countrywide search for evidence of election irregularities. Besides information such as the names and party affiliations of all registered voters, Kobach sought birth dates, felony conviction records, voting histories for the past decade and the last four digits of all voters' Social Security numbers. This precipitated a resounding bipartisan rejection of his inquiries with 22 states quickly rejecting his requests. Ironically, Indiana's Secretary of State, Connie Lawson, and even Kobach himself, indicated that their state laws forbade them from complying.[183][184]

Kentucky's Secretary of State, Democrat Alison Lundergan Grimes, said the supposed basis for creation of the commission in the first place — that voter fraud was pervasive and needed to be restrained — was essentially a pretext. She continued, "Kentucky will not aid a commission that is at best a waste of taxpayer money and at worst an effort to legitimize voter suppression efforts across the country". Mississippi's Republican Secretary of State, Delbert Hosemann, said, "They can go jump in the Gulf of Mexico, and Mississippi is a great state to launch from ... Mississippi residents should celebrate Independence Day and our state's right to protect the privacy of our citizens by conducting our own electoral processes."[183]

The ACLU, representing plaintiffs in a voting rights case, asked the presiding federal judge to prevent Kobach from withholding the public documents he was photographed carrying as he met with Trump, by virtue of marking them "confidential". The plaintiffs demanded the public release of those documents they have received, that had been prepared with state funds. They claimed Kobach "made statements to the public, the Court, and the President, suggesting that noncitizen registration fraud is a serious, widespread problem", at the same time he tried to hide those same documents that debunked his claim, to prevent having to testify himself in open court about those same materials.[185]

In June 2017, a federal magistrate judge, James O'Hara, found that Kobach had made "patently misleading representations" to the court when he claimed he didn't possess the materials sought by the plaintiffs, in the course of the document dispute. Kobach had been photographed with the president with the documents under his arm, and much of the cover page was readable in that photograph. In light of Kobach's "deceptive conduct and lack of candor," he was fined $1,000 by the court and ordered to submit to questioning by the ACLU about the documents.[186]
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kris_Kobach
Slim Cognito
Verified:

Post by Slim Cognito »

Just off the top of my head, wasn't he also ordered to go back to lawyer school over, if not that, something else he screwed up?
Tiredretiredlawyer

Yep. This is from the same Wikipedia entry.
Proof of citizenship requirement laws

From 2013–2015, more than 36,000 Kansas residents (14% of those trying to register to vote) were placed on a suspense list[clarification needed] because they failed to meet the proof of citizenship requirements that had been introduced in a 2013 law. Kobach justified the law, saying that it stopped what he described as the rampant problem of non-citizens voting; Reuters noted that "there is little evidence" of non-citizen voting being a problem.[134] A federal judge ordered Kobach to register more than 18,000 voters kept off the rolls by the proof of citizenship law; in her ruling, she wrote, "The court cannot find that the state's interest in preventing non-citizens from voting in Kansas outweighs the risk of disenfranchising thousands of qualified voters".[134] The judge noted that there was only evidence of three non-citizens in Kansas voting between 2003 and 2013.[134]

A Reuters analysis of the individuals on a suspense list found that "more than 60 percent were age 25 or under. They were clustered in the high-population areas of Wichita, Topeka and the Kansas City suburbs, and the college towns of Lawrence and Manhattan."[134] 41 percent were unaffiliated, 35 percent registered as Democrats and 23 percent as Republicans. Reuters noted that the proof of citizenship requirement "has created a chaotic two-tier system where some Kansans can vote in state elections and some cannot, some need to provide proof of citizenship and others do not, and many county election officials are uncertain how to proceed."[134]

An appellate case, No. 16-5196, requesting an injunction by the federal courts to prevent the implementation of revised voter registrations in Kansas, Georgia and Alabama, was argued on September 8, 2016, and decided in favor of the appellants on September 26, 2016. The relief was granted by the United States Court of Appeals for the District of Columbia Circuit. It prevented the use of the revised forms. The case was the League of Women Voters of the United States, et al., versus Brian Newby, in his capacity as the Executive Director of the United States Election Assistance Commission.[130] On June 18, 2018, a federal judge ruled that proof of citizenship voting requirements were unconstitutional, and ordered Kobach to take six hours of legal education before he could renew his law license.[171]
Slim Cognito
Verified:

Post by Slim Cognito »

20220911_100558.JPG
20220911_100558.JPG (266.79 KiB) Viewed 730 times
Tiredretiredlawyer

:rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:
raison de arizona

Kobach also screwed over AZ with his lawyerly law writing skills that were all unconstitutional and cost AZ millions. A lot of which ended up… In Kobach’s pocket.
Flatpoint High
Occupation: professional pain in the ass, voice actor & keeper of the straight face
Verified:

Post by Flatpoint High »

306146883_10160260453577008_3738459800794644137_n.jpg
306146883_10160260453577008_3738459800794644137_n.jpg (39.63 KiB) Viewed 627 times
castigat ridendo mores.
VELOCIUS QUAM ASPARAGI COQUANTUR
Phoenix520
Verified:

Post by Phoenix520 »

Azastan, you must be a convicted felon or the subject of an active Grand Jury investigation.
sad-cafe

Post by sad-cafe »

we here in kansas hate his f'n guts.

he ran for guv and we kicked his ass to the curb

dumbass never takes the hint
Azastan
Verified:

Post by Azastan »

Phoenix520 wrote: Sun Sep 11, 2022 8:44 pm
Azastan, you must be a convicted felon or the subject of an active Grand Jury investigation.
Drat! Guess that means I can't join, since I don't plan on doing anything that stupid.

Return to “The Big Lie & Aftermath of The Former Guy”