Spring forward.
To delete this message, click the X at top right.

Still alive!

Tell us about yourself. But only things you want us to know.
AndyinPA
Verified:

Still alive!

Post by AndyinPA »

At least the move is behind you. Enjoy your new place. :bighug:
"Choose your leaders with wisdom and forethought. To be led by a coward is to be controlled by all that the coward fears… To be led by a liar is to ask to be told lies." -Octavia E. Butler
Phoenix520
Verified:

Still alive!

Post by Phoenix520 »

Yes. I had mold issues in a rental and got very sick -walking pneumonia- from it. My stroke left my immune system weak. The mold was in the ceiling of the back porch, about 3 ft from the window to the bedroom.

Luckily, my landlord freaked when I told him. He was there with his handyman within 15 mins to check it out, and had cut out and replaced the offending portion by sundown. It helped that he had just received a large insurance check for the Station fire damage the previous year.

I ended up on antibiotics and a steroid inhaler, which helped the most. I have chronic bronchitis that is triggered by humid weather. I felt great!

I don’t know how long my exposure was. We moved in in April and I got sick in Octember. But I don’t know when the mold was born A weakened immune system gives it purchase.
Lani

Still alive!

Post by Lani »

Today I learned that by son's partner is about to go through surgery and be hospitalized for a month. She recently had a traffic accident, which required a lot of dental work.
Hidden Content
This board requires you to be registered and logged-in to view hidden content.
Image You can't wait until life isn't hard anymore before you decide to be happy.
Phoenix520
Verified:

Still alive!

Post by Phoenix520 »

:bighug:
Real mamas care for everyone’s children.
Lani

Still alive!

Post by Lani »

Phoenix520 wrote: Sun Nov 13, 2022 2:27 am :bighug:
Real mamas care for everyone’s children.
Thanks. I've been crying tonight.
Image You can't wait until life isn't hard anymore before you decide to be happy.
Tiredretiredlawyer
Verified: ✅🐴🐎🦄🌻5000 posts and counting

Still alive!

Post by Tiredretiredlawyer »

"Mickey Mouse and I grew up together." - Ruthie Tompson, Disney animation checker and scene planner and one of the first women to become a member of the International Photographers Union in 1952.
Volkonski
Verified:

Still alive!

Post by Volkonski »

:grouphug:
“If everyone fought for their own convictions there would be no war.” ― Leo Tolstoy, War and Peace
AndyinPA
Verified:

Still alive!

Post by AndyinPA »

"Choose your leaders with wisdom and forethought. To be led by a coward is to be controlled by all that the coward fears… To be led by a liar is to ask to be told lies." -Octavia E. Butler
Kriselda Gray
Verified:

Still alive!

Post by Kriselda Gray »

Lani wrote: Sun Nov 13, 2022 2:22 am
Hidden Content
Hidden Content
jemcanada2

Still alive!

Post by jemcanada2 »

:grouphug: :bighug: :bighug:
sugar magnolia

Still alive!

Post by sugar magnolia »

Lani wrote: Sun Nov 13, 2022 2:22 am Today I learned that by son's partner is about to go through surgery and be hospitalized for a month. She recently had a traffic accident, which required a lot of dental work.
Hidden Content
Did you explain to her that being a feminist means advocating for whatever choice a woman makes, not forcing her to make a specific choice.
Foggy
Dick Tater
Verified: as seen on qvc zombie apocalypse

Still alive!

Post by Foggy »

Hidden Content
Some things are simply too fast, or too relentless to avoid. Like the North Carolina rain.

Or the future.
Lani

Still alive!

Post by Lani »

Oops. This is response to Sugar - not Foggy!

My definition of a feminist is someone who supports equal rights for women. I worked for equal pay, more choices for higher education and employment, appropriate medical care, and the ERA. The subject came up when my son showed his partner some photos of me & newspaper articles the 70's.

Oh, and helping women get a mortgage. Back then, a single woman had to have her father sign for the loan. And married women's wages didn't count because they would have a baby and stopping working. I saved enough money for a down payment on a small condo, but the mortgage company said my dad had to sign for me. Then I was called by a government lawyer (a friend of a friend) who was working on a class action - denial of mortgages to women. She needed a white woman in the class. And bingo! I had my first home. Then we went on the road to speak with women's groups about financial equality.
sugar magnolia

Still alive!

Post by sugar magnolia »

Lani wrote: Sun Nov 13, 2022 3:58 pm Oops. This is response to Sugar - not Foggy!

My definition of a feminist is someone who supports equal rights for women. I worked for equal pay, more choices for higher education and employment, appropriate medical care, and the ERA. The subject came up when my son showed his partner some photos of me & newspaper articles the 70's.

Oh, and helping women get a mortgage. Back then, a single woman had to have her father sign for the loan. And married women's wages didn't count because they would have a baby and stopping working. I saved enough money for a down payment on a small condo, but the mortgage company said my dad had to sign for me. Then I was called by a government lawyer (a friend of a friend) who was working on a class action - denial of mortgages to women. She needed a white woman in the class. And bingo! I had my first home. Then we went on the road to speak with women's groups about financial equality.
And those equal rights include the woman (and man) making the choice for the woman (or man) to stay home and raise babies.
Lani

Still alive!

Post by Lani »

Of course.
MN-Skeptic

Still alive!

Post by MN-Skeptic »

Exactly!
Lani

Still alive!

Post by Lani »

Things may be turning in a better direction.
Hidden Content
June bug

Still alive!

Post by June bug »

:thumbsup: and :bighug:
AndyinPA
Verified:

Still alive!

Post by AndyinPA »

Phoenix520
Verified:

Still alive!

Post by Phoenix520 »

Kriselda Gray
Verified:

Still alive!

Post by Kriselda Gray »

:thumbsup: :bighug:
Lani

Still alive!

Post by Lani »

Tonight someone across the street from me was shouting for help. Mocha & I ran out to the road. People on both sides of the road were standing around, but when I asked if someone had called 911, no one answered. So I called. People seemed to be worried and thought I might be at risk for calling. :roll: I said I'd done this before. And aren't you happy to know that I'll call for help for you, too!

Anyway, I meet more of my neighbors, and Mocha received a lot of pats.
Phoenix520
Verified:

Still alive!

Post by Phoenix520 »

Miss Lani-on-the-spot! Mocha must have loved all his new attention because he is such a good boy yes he is. You can tell him I say so.

Why would your neighbors not call 911?
Lani

Still alive!

Post by Lani »

Lani wrote: Mon Nov 14, 2022 5:59 pm Things may be turning in a better direction ...
Since then.... the surgery went well. She is back at work and can have babies. We are closer now, and she calls me mom. :lovestruck: I always wanted a daughter.
Lani

Still alive!

Post by Lani »

Phoenix520 wrote: Fri Jan 06, 2023 2:53 am Miss Lani-on-the-spot! Mocha must have loved all his new attention because he is such a good boy yes he is. You can tell him I say so.

Why would your neighbors not call 911?
I don't know! I asked if anyone had called, and no one had! Idiots. They seemed to be worried about making the call.

Return to “Introduce Yourself”