Still not 'duly elected' ... anything -- Kari Lake, TFG Endorsee

p0rtia

Still not 'duly elected' Arizona Governor -- Kari Lake, TFG Endorsee

Post by p0rtia »

She's had like four court cases and six sppeals. It's been pointed out to her that the justice system knows she's a lying liar who lies--and calls the GOP Recorder a criminal.

That said, i don't think she wanted to lose and be labelled a lying liar in the middle of her race for the senate.
raison de arizona
Verified: ✔️ he/him/his

Post by raison de arizona »

:lol:
“Remember, democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet that did not commit suicide.” —John Adams
RTH10260
Verified: ✔️ Eurobot

Post by RTH10260 »

:confuzzled: :confuzzled: :confuzzled:

How does a default declaration by defendant mean claimant has to put what on the table? :think:
bob

Post by bob »

RTH10260 wrote: Fri Mar 29, 2024 3:11 pmHow does a default declaration by defendant mean claimant has to put what on the table?
Even in default judgments, plaintiffs have to prove up their cases. You don't automatically win just because the defendant blew the case off; you still need evidence.

But a default judgement prevents a defendant from introducing evidence to attack the plaintiff's evidence (or create an affirmative defense). And a defendant can't object to any of the plaintiff's evidence. (But a court, aware of the evidentiary rules, will not rely on anything obviously inadmissible.)

So it is "technically correct" to say that Richer eventually will have to "show his cards." But that's true for literally every lawsuit: At some point, the plaintiff eventually needs to provide evidence.

I'm convinced Lake (or her counsel) believed they could rush this process with the move, and catch Richer flatfooted. :talktothehand:
Image ImageImage
Foggy
Dick Tater
Verified: as seen on qvc zombie apocalypse

Post by Foggy »

I think we may have an idea who told her that would be a good idea, Abe. :rotflmao: :thumbsup:
The more I learn about this planet, the more improbable it all seems. :confuzzled:
Foggy
Dick Tater
Verified: as seen on qvc zombie apocalypse

Post by Foggy »

bob wrote: Fri Mar 29, 2024 3:20 pm I'm convinced Lake (or her counsel) believed they could rush this process with the move, and catch Richer flatfooted. :talktothehand:
That's how I see it, and Abe Hamadeh may have been the source of the strategy. I liked reading that when Lake’s attorneys asked for a hearing in 5 days to force Richer to prove up his case, the judge laughed in their faces. This was a huge mistake, but it can't be overturned on the basis of "My lawyers are idiots."
The more I learn about this planet, the more improbable it all seems. :confuzzled:
bob

Post by bob »

Foggy wrote: Fri Mar 29, 2024 3:26 pmI liked reading that when Lake’s attorneys asked for a hearing in 5 days to force Richer to prove up his case, the judge laughed in their faces.
The deadlines for default-judgment cases generally are for the plaintiffs' benefit, so a worthy plaintiff doesn't have to wait around to get a judgment out of a court.
This was a huge mistake, but it can't be overturned on the basis of "My lawyers are idiots."
Yup. Lake could sue her attorneys for malpractice, but that would be bad money after bad because then Lake would have to prove she actually had a viable defense. :fingerwag:
Image ImageImage
raison de arizona

Kari Lake @KariLake wrote: Mike Davis (@mrddmia) is one of the finest legal minds alive.

This is his take on my decision to default on @stephen_richer’s sham defamation lawsuit.

"Whatever damages they come up for this little wimp in Arizona, who says he was defamed, those damages are going to pale in comparison to the legal fees that @KariLake would have to spend fighting this to the bloody end, & it's not worth it.

Let this little twerp in Arizona get his nominal damages for the reputation he doesn't have & then move on."
“Remember, democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet that did not commit suicide.” —John Adams
raison de arizona

Abe Hamadeh War Room @AbeWarRoom wrote: "It's a sham. It was done so they can access @KariLake's personal communication to drag this out during an election year so that they can help @RubenGallego win. It's complete lawfare here at the state level, but Kari is punching back."

- @AbrahamHamadeh
raison de arizona

:lol:
🇺🇸 Mike Davis 🇺🇸 @mrddmia wrote: This is a very shrewd move by @KariLake.

She essentially said:

“Even if I defamed you, which I did not, your supposed damages are much less than the money and time I’d spend defending against this Democrat lawfare and election interference.”

Kari Lake outfoxed them.
Kari Lake @KariLake wrote: The political elite will do anything to hold onto power and STOP outsiders like me– they’ve resorted to filing a ludicrous defamation lawsuit to try to stop me and bleed me dry.

Taking part in this lawfare just legitimizes it

Instead, I will continue to focus on the issues that matter to the people of Arizona: securing the border, bringing back our economy, and improving healthcare and education.

Arizona is worth fighting for, and that’s what I will continue to do.

🚨Watch And Share!🚨
realist

Post by realist »

I just discovered Kari Lake blocked me on X. :roll:

Do I get a badge or sumpin'? :biggrin:
Image X 4
Image X 32
pipistrelle

Post by pipistrelle »

bob wrote: Fri Mar 29, 2024 3:20 pm I'm convinced Lake (or her counsel) believed they could rush this process with the move, and catch Richer flatfooted. :talktothehand:
Judging by Richer's tweets, I doubt he's the kind to be caught flatfooted or off guard. More evidence Lake (or her counsel) is :crazy:.
Luke
Location: @orly_licious With Pete Buttigieg and the other "open and defiant homosexuals" --Bryan Fischer AFA

Post by Luke »

realist wrote: Fri Mar 29, 2024 6:02 pm I just discovered Kari Lake blocked me on X. :roll:

Welcome to the Club! I still think of blocking as these nutz self-censoring themselves because they're ashamed to show their insanity to normal people. I don't miss their feeds at all.

Mike Davis' org got $150K from Trump, no wonder they are all genuflecting. He's lost it.

Have been watching some old black-and-white Nazi spy movies and it's incredible how similar the MAGAs are to the Third Reich. Of course, never compare anything to that worst of evil. I mean the blind obedience, mob mentality, bloodlust, and absolute loyalty to a self-proclaimed messianic figure. Fewer and fewer Americans are buying into it, and Frau Lake will find that out in November. After she's been bankrupted by Richer and the reputational experts who prevailed at Donald and Rudy's trials.
Lt Root Beer of the Mighty 699th. Fogbow 💙s titular Mama June in Fogbow's Favourite Show™ Mama June: From Not To Hot! Fogbow's Theme Song™ Edith Massey's "I Got The Evidence!" https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C5jDHZd0JAg
much ado

Post by much ado »

Luke wrote: Sat Mar 30, 2024 3:22 am
realist wrote: Fri Mar 29, 2024 6:02 pm I just discovered Kari Lake blocked me on X. :roll:

Welcome to the Club! I still think of blocking as these nutz self-censoring themselves because they're ashamed to show their insanity to normal people. I don't miss their feeds at all.

Mike Davis' org got $150K from Trump, no wonder they are all genuflecting. He's lost it.

Have been watching some old black-and-white Nazi spy movies and it's incredible how similar the MAGAs are to the Third Reich. Of course, never compare anything to that worst of evil. I mean the blind obedience, mob mentality, bloodlust, and absolute loyalty to a self-proclaimed messianic figure. Fewer and fewer Americans are buying into it, and Frau Lake will find that out in November. After she's been bankrupted by Richer and the reputational experts who prevailed at Donald and Rudy's trials.
Oh cool! Which movies are those? I think I'd find them entertaining.
Sam the Centipede

Post by Sam the Centipede »

much ado wrote: Sat Mar 30, 2024 4:07 am
realist wrote: Fri Mar 29, 2024 6:02 pm Do I get a badge or sumpin'? :biggrin:
Have been watching some old black-and-white Nazi spy movies and it's incredible how similar the MAGAs are to the Third Reich.
No, no, ♫♬ The Sound Of Music ♫♬ is in color! :biggrin: Liesl, you can do better than Rolf!
keith
Occupation: Retired Computer Systems Analyst Project Manager Super Coder
Verified: ✅lunatic

Post by keith »

Babylon Berlin is pretty good, but its in color.
Has everybody heard about the bird?
northland10
Verified: ✅ I'm me.

Post by northland10 »

Sam the Centipede wrote: Sat Mar 30, 2024 5:44 am
much ado wrote: Sat Mar 30, 2024 4:07 am
Luke wrote: Sat Mar 30, 2024 3:22 am Have been watching some old black-and-white Nazi spy movies and it's incredible how similar the MAGAs are to the Third Reich.
No, no, ♫♬ The Sound Of Music ♫♬ is in color! :biggrin: Liesl, you can do better than Rolf!
We're back to Sound of Music again.
101010 :towel:
Sam the Centipede

Post by Sam the Centipede »

northland10 wrote: Sat Mar 30, 2024 8:39 am We're back to Sound of Music again.
Darling, we never left.
Tiredretiredlawyer
Verified: ✅🐴🐎🦄🌻5000 posts and counting

Post by Tiredretiredlawyer »

IMG_6217.jpeg
IMG_6217.jpeg (457.3 KiB) Viewed 400 times
"Mickey Mouse and I grew up together." - Ruthie Tompson, Disney animation checker and scene planner and one of the first women to become a member of the International Photographers Union in 1952.
realist

Post by realist »

:thumbsup:
Image X 4
Image X 32
Luke
Location: @orly_licious With Pete Buttigieg and the other "open and defiant homosexuals" --Bryan Fischer AFA

Post by Luke »

There have been many exciting and well-done films, and especially interesting since they were shot during the actual time. These are just YouTube but Tubi, Vimeo & Prime Video have good ones as well. Frau Lake could be a character in many of these, you'll see when you watch.

Hangmen Also Die 1943 | 1080p Action / Drama / Film-Noir / Thriller / War
101,171 views Jan 22, 2021 #1943 #Classic #Bluray
Hangmen Also Die is the story of Heydrich's assassination in fictionalized form. It was Bertolt Brecht's only comparatively successful Hollywood project; the money he received allowed him to write "The Visions of Simone Marchand", "Schwyk in the Second World War" and his adaptation of Webster's "The Duchess of Malfi".

Sherlock Holmes and THE SECRET WEAPON (1943) BASIL RATHBONE
Sherlock Holmes and Doctor Watson must protect a Swiss inventor of an advanced bomb sight from falling into German hands.

Beast of Berlin (1939) ALAN LADD
293,288 views Apr 5, 2019
Stars: Roland Drew, Steffi Duna, Greta Granstedt
Director: Sherman Scott

Set in Germany during Hitler's rise to power, a few courageous opponents of fascism risk their lives to overthrow the Nazi regime. Co-stars Alan Ladd in his first role large enough to receive a screen credit. (a.k.a. Hitler-Beast of Berlin)

The Adventures Of Tartu - Full Movie | Robert Donat, Valerie Hobson, Walter Rilla, Glynis Johns
340,416 views Nov 7, 2018
Captain Terence Stevenson, a British soldier fluent in Rumanian and German, attempts to sabotage a German poison­-gas factory by going undercover. He becomes “Jan Tartu,” a member of the Rumanian Iron Guard. But when his contacts are destroyed, his disguise may get him killed by the very underground group he needs to succeed! Robert Donat, Valerie Hobson, and Glynis Johns star in this tale of action and intrigue from director Harold S. Bucquet (Dragon Seed, Without Love).

WWI but well done with Boris Karloff --

British Intelligence (1940) [Thriller] [Romance] [War] - Boris Karloff
174,395 views Dec 2, 2016
During WWI pretty German master spy Helene von Lorbeer is sent undercover to London to live with the family of a high-placed British official where she is to rendezvous with the butler Valdar, also a spy, and help him transmit secret war plans back to Germany.

The above are on YouTube. This one is for rental/buy in most places, but it's on a Russian site several times (checked and no security issues). This is a famous one with EGR.

CONFESSIONS OF A NAZI SPY
September 11, 2023 - Ed Renard (Edward G. Robinson) is a G-Man investigating a huge Nazi spy ring in the United States. Contacts are discovered and hunted down through the U.S., Latin America and Europe in this captivating spy thriller starring Francis Lederer, George Sanders, and more.

https://ok.ru/video/4697942526704
https://ok.ru/video/4950104869582
Lt Root Beer of the Mighty 699th. Fogbow 💙s titular Mama June in Fogbow's Favourite Show™ Mama June: From Not To Hot! Fogbow's Theme Song™ Edith Massey's "I Got The Evidence!" https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C5jDHZd0JAg
Volkonski
Verified:

Post by Volkonski »

"All Through the Night" 1942

NAZI fifth columnists in New York to blow up a US battle ship make the mistake of killing the baker who makes Broadway gambler "Gloves" Donahue's (Bogart) favorite cheesecake.

Franz Ebbing: It's a great pity, Mr. Donahue, that you and I should oppose each other. We have so much in common.

"Gloves" Donahue: Yeah? How's that?

Franz Ebbing: You are a man of action. You take what you want, and so do we. You have no respect for democracy - neither do we. It's clear we should be allies.

"Gloves" Donahue: It's clear you are screwy. I've been a registered Democrat ever since I could vote. I may not be Model Citizen Number One, but I pay my taxes, wait for traffic lights, and buy 24 tickets to the Policeman's Ball. Brother, don't get me mixed up in no league that rubs out innocent bakers.
“If everyone fought for their own convictions there would be no war.” ― Leo Tolstoy, War and Peace
Rolodex

Post by Rolodex »

I recently read In the Garden of Beasts: Love, Terror, and an American Family in Hitler's Berlin by Erik Larson. It's mainly about the US Ambassador to Germany in the early 30s, but has a lot of history of what was going on in Berlin and the rest of Germany during that time. It was time period I didn't know much about.

The ambassador took his family with him, and his young adult daughter was totally captivated by all the Nazi pomp and cute guys. She eventually comes to understand the horror of what's going on. It's a good snapshot of how people react to the rise of fascism happening all around them, even if not TO them. It was a little unsettling in the parallels to today.
Do the right thing. It will gratify some people and astonish the rest. - Mark Twain
RTH10260
Verified: ✔️ Eurobot

Post by RTH10260 »

keith
Occupation: Retired Computer Systems Analyst Project Manager Super Coder
Verified: ✅lunatic

Post by keith »

I see your Lake blockage (iz that a damn?) and raise you a friend invite from Kirsten Sinema
Has everybody heard about the bird?

Return to “Governors & State Elections”