Spring forward.
To delete this message, click the X at top right.

Still not 'duly elected' Arizona Governor -- Kari Lake, TFG Endorsee

northland10
Verified: ✅ I'm me.

Post by northland10 »

raison de arizona wrote: Mon Jan 30, 2023 10:19 pm
Arizona Secretary of State Fontes calls for investigation into Kari Lake over election signatures

Arizona Secretary of State Adrian Fontes called for an investigation into Kari Lake on Monday after she posted photos of voter signatures onto social media.

Fontes in a letter sent to Attorney General Kris Mayes, said Lake violated ARS 16-168(F) when she posted images of 16 voter signatures on Twitter.
https://twitter.com/KariLake/status /1617657224851230720
Lake’s tweet alleges nearly 40,000 ballots were illegally counted, which would make up 10% of the signatures reviewed. It is unclear if the signatures in the post are from verified voters or how Lake obtained them.

“It is my responsibility to protect Arizona voters,” Fontes told The Washington Post. “In keeping with my duties I have referred this matter to the attorney general. I don’t have further comment at this time.”

Following Lake’s loss to Gov. Katie Hobbs in the Nov. 8 general election, the former candidate for governor challenged the results. A Maricopa County judge ruled Lake’s legal team failed to prove her loss to Hobbs was caused by misconduct that affected the outcome.

Lake continues to claim problems with the ballot printers at some county polling sites on Election Day were the result of intentional misconduct.
https://ktar.com/story/5428524/arizona- ... ignatures/
Just ignore that the cards in her "here's the proof" screenshot are dated November 2, 2020.
101010 :towel:
raison de arizona
Verified: ✔️ he/him/his

Post by raison de arizona »

Here's the letter:
► Show Spoiler
“Remember, democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet that did not commit suicide.” —John Adams
raison de arizona

The grift is ($2.5M _since_ the election) strong with this one...
Barry Markson @BarryMarkson1 wrote: The grifting never stops. Kari Lake will not win her legal battle. She's dragging it out apparently for no reason other than more money. She's raised $2.5 mil SINCE the election. Where is that money?
Kari Lake War Room @KariLakeWarRoom wrote: .@KariLake: "I want to start with this truth. We are going to win this legal battle. We are."
“Remember, democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet that did not commit suicide.” —John Adams
keith
Occupation: Retired Computer Systems Analyst Project Manager Super Coder
Verified: ✅lunatic

Post by keith »

raison de arizona wrote: Tue Jan 31, 2023 12:22 am The grift is ($2.5M _since_ the election) strong with this one...
https: //twitter.com/BarryMarkson1/status/1620273998155386880
Barry Markson @BarryMarkson1 wrote: The grifting never stops. Kari Lake will not win her legal battle. She's dragging it out apparently for no reason other than more money. She's raised $2.5 mil SINCE the election. Where is that money?
Kari Lake War Room @KariLakeWarRoom wrote: .@KariLake: "I want to start with this truth. We are going to win this legal battle. We are."
Hey, she has to raise money so she can outbid MTG for the VP endorsement!
Has everybody heard about the bird?
Slim Cognito
Verified:

Post by Slim Cognito »

We have a winner!
Pup Dennis in training to be a guide dog & given to a deserving vet. Thx! ImageImageImage x4
Chilidog

Post by Chilidog »

northland10 wrote: Mon Jan 30, 2023 10:44 pm
raison de arizona wrote: Mon Jan 30, 2023 10:19 pm
Arizona Secretary of State Fontes calls for investigation into Kari Lake over election signatures

Arizona Secretary of State Adrian Fontes called for an investigation into Kari Lake on Monday after she posted photos of voter signatures onto social media.

Fontes in a letter sent to Attorney General Kris Mayes, said Lake violated ARS 16-168(F) when she posted images of 16 voter signatures on Twitter.

:snippity:

Lake’s tweet alleges nearly 40,000 ballots were illegally counted, which would make up 10% of the signatures reviewed. It is unclear if the signatures in the post are from verified voters or how Lake obtained them.

“It is my responsibility to protect Arizona voters,” Fontes told The Washington Post. “In keeping with my duties I have referred this matter to the attorney general. I don’t have further comment at this time.”

Following Lake’s loss to Gov. Katie Hobbs in the Nov. 8 general election, the former candidate for governor challenged the results. A Maricopa County judge ruled Lake’s legal team failed to prove her loss to Hobbs was caused by misconduct that affected the outcome.

Lake continues to claim problems with the ballot printers at some county polling sites on Election Day were the result of intentional misconduct.
https://ktar.com/story/5428524/arizona- ... ignatures/
Just ignore that the cards in her "here's the proof" screenshot are dated November 2, 2020.
I think the issue is that the original signatures are part of the voter registration file, which is what is protected under the law.

As such, I suggest that the link to the image be removed from your post.

(I broke the link, but in a way that people can still use it if they decide to go there, since it's apparently evidence of a crime. - Foggy)
Chilidog

Post by Chilidog »

Even if the signature image from the registration file wasn't protected by law, doesn't this open Lake up to civil defamation?
Foggy
Dick Tater
Verified: as seen on qvc zombie apocalypse

CIVIL DEFAMATION?

Post by Foggy »

Yeah, but when she's queen of Arizona, anybody sues her for civil defamation, she can just say, "Off with their heads!" and that's that.

She won in a landslide. I saw her say so. :crazy:
Out from under. :thumbsup:
northland10

Post by northland10 »

Chilidog wrote: Tue Jan 31, 2023 12:54 pm I think the issue is that the original signatures are part of the voter registration file, which is what is protected under the law.
Yes, the issue of showing the voter signatures on the registration and a ballot could be a legal issue.

However, my point was more about Lake's screaming about fraud and then showing signatures from the November 2020 ballot, not the recent election. I have a hunch that the photo may have been bouncing around the internet for a bit, and Lake is either using it intentionally to deceive, or she is really stupid (or both).

Foggy, we still have the Tweet on the further up, as I only quoted Raison's post with the Tweet from Kari Lake.
Foggy
Dick Tater

Post by Foggy »

northland10 wrote: Tue Jan 31, 2023 1:22 pm Foggy, we still have the Tweet on the further up, as I only quoted Raison's post with the Tweet from Kari Lake.
Got it. Not a big deal anyway, I'm sure there are tens of thousands of copies of the graphic all over the world, but not on Fogbow. Remember when we had to really work to keep Obama's SSN off of Fogbow? Whew.
northland10

Post by northland10 »

I sort of wonder if the SOS is quite aware that the photo in Kari's post is old and intentionally created to look like there is fraud (pasting together different images) and is pushing this to force Kari to admit she did not have proof of anything and this was all a smoke and mirrors job (oh, and maybe get her to admit the source or that she just got it off the internet).
RTH10260
Verified: ✔️ Eurobot

Post by RTH10260 »

Also to note that no names or addresses were on the collation, so hardly a way to identify a person, especially if the signature is very abstract.

What remains is the wrong usage of the registry.
Kendra

Post by Kendra »

https://www.politico.com/news/2023/01/3 ... n-00080433
The Republican staffer who accused conservative stalwart Matt Schlapp of sexual assault and filed a lawsuit against him for nearly $10 million has filed a separate suit against another top GOP operative alleging defamation.

Caroline Wren, who most recently ran Harmeet Dhillon’s campaign for RNC chair and Kari Lake’s run for governor, was sued Tuesday in D.C.’s federal district court, according to a complaint obtained by POLITICO.

A fundraiser who also helped organize former President Donald Trump’s “Stop the Steal” rally on Jan. 6, 2021, Wren is a close ally of Schlapp and his wife Mercedes, a former Trump White House staffer. In his suit, the plaintiff alleges that Wren defamed him while attempting to defend the Schlapps from his sexual assault allegation.

Among other things, the suit accuses Wren of using the plaintiff’s name in tweets and saying he was fired from multiple jobs “for lying and unethical behavior” and for “being a habitual liar.” An attorney for the plaintiff on Jan. 12 sent Wren a letter demanding a retraction of statements she had made about the plaintiff on Twitter, according to the complaint, but Wren “continued to maliciously post statements about Mr. Doe.”
bob

Post by bob »

Image ImageImage
pipistrelle

Post by pipistrelle »

Despite all the high-quality content, he has under 5,000 followers.
raison de arizona

People are suffering and dying.
Kari Lake @KariLake wrote: STOLEN Elections Have Consequences:
How many people must suffer & even die because of Corrupt Elections? My resolve to fight has NEVER been stronger. We have the greatest Election Lawsuit in history.

Keep the faith, guys.
We're just getting started.
Please SHARE this post!
RTH10260
Verified: ✔️ Eurobot

Post by RTH10260 »

We need a new meme --- "How many kittens will die cause of stolen elections?"
Chilidog

Post by Chilidog »

isn't there a status conference in the Appellate court today?
Luke
Location: @orly_licious With Pete Buttigieg and the other "open and defiant homosexuals" --Bryan Fischer AFA

Post by Luke »

It's an internal discussion that Twitter liars have been misleading folks about.
Saturday, January 28, 2023
FOR THE RECORD: Kari Lake Election Contest Appeal

UPDATE, 1/31, 4:45pm: As expected, the Court of Appeals confirms to Arizona's Law that it has been receiving inquiries from people interested in *trying* to attend the judges' conference tomorrow. They will not be able to.

Arizona's Law has been in the forefront in trying to quell the confusion about the appeal, especially in light of misinformation given out by at least one person interviewing Kari Lake this past weekend - Lake did not correct him when he said he would be there on Wednesday.

Lake will NOT be inside the judges' conference. Nor will her attorneys or the attorneys for the defendants. The conference is an opportunity for the judges to privately discuss what the ruling will look like and which of the three judge panel will write it.

And, the court will be at the front check-in area (politely) explaining all of this to anyone who understood otherwise.

It is very unlikely that the judges will ask for oral argument in this case, as no attorneys asked for it (as required by court rules) and the judges have not asked for it before the conference, either. The conference is generally the last item on the court's agenda before a ruling is made - that decision is expected within days or weeks in this case, although it could take longer.

https://arizonaslaw.blogspot.com/2023/0 ... ntest.html

Lt Root Beer of the Mighty 699th. Fogbow 💙s titular Mama June in Fogbow's Favourite Show™ Mama June: From Not To Hot! Fogbow's Theme Song™ Edith Massey's "I Got The Evidence!" https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C5jDHZd0JAg
Chilidog

Post by Chilidog »

Heath tried to jump into the Lake.

He got a big fat NO.

https://www.democracydocket.com/wp-cont ... 73-095.pdf
Foggy
Dick Tater

Post by Foggy »

He's new. He thought the courts were just kidding about due dates. :batting:
Luke
Location: @orly_licious With Pete Buttigieg and the other "open and defiant homosexuals" --Bryan Fischer AFA

Post by Luke »

AZ lawyer Tom Ryan has been taking this young grifter apart, he's a ridiculous tool who only passed the bar at the end of 2020. We'll see how long he can keep it, he's selling lawyer merch and lying his ass off on his pleadings and website.

Ryan @Ryan_L_Heath Philanthropist, Civil Rights Activist & AZ Attorney (opinions on political issues are my own). Work info: @thegavelproject (an anti-woke 501(c)(3))

Tom and I follow each other on Twitter, he's a great account to follow regarding all these loser candidates and their nonsense. The Abe Hamedeh account stupidly went after him because it was his BROTHER who is a judge and ruled not to keep the polls open late on Election Day... they publicly blamed Tom. Of course, the Kari Lake accounts jumped into the dope lake.

Lots O' Tom taking the little weasel down.

Lt Root Beer of the Mighty 699th. Fogbow 💙s titular Mama June in Fogbow's Favourite Show™ Mama June: From Not To Hot! Fogbow's Theme Song™ Edith Massey's "I Got The Evidence!" https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C5jDHZd0JAg
northland10

Post by northland10 »

For completeness (Tom included it on his feed but those Tweets were not copied here).

I believe Heath did not file until the 31st because the AZ Supreme Court, in an order dismissing the Supreme Court petition he filed dismissed it without prejudice so he could file AC in the Court of Appeals (though he already missed the deadline).

As they said "without prejudice to seek leave to participate as amicus in the court of appeals per the schedule set by that court" I wonder if they knew the deadline was already blown but decided to let him run in circles.
Arizona Supreme Court wrote: 27-Jan-2023

Petitioner Heath, pro se, filed his January 12, 2023 “Amended Verified Special Action petition for Writ of Mandamus Arizona Constitution; Articles II, §§ 13, 21 & Article VII §§ 1 & 12, United States Constitution Fourteenth Amendment; Equal Protection & Fundamental Right to Vote, & 42 U.S.C. § 1983.” In his amended petition, “Petitioner seeks a Writ of Mandamus Ordering the Honorable Peter A. Thompson of the Maricopa County Superior Court to vacate his Under Advisement Ruling, issued December 24, 2022, ‘confirming the election of Katie Hobbs as Arizona Governor-Elect Pursuant to A.R.S. § 16-676(B)[,]’ and to enter judgment for Real Party in Interest, Kari Lake—setting aside all votes cast in Maricopa County’s November 8, 2022, gubernatorial election. Lake v. Hobbs, et al., CV 2022-095403 (Ariz. filed Dec. 9, 2022).” (Pet. at 5) On January 23, 2023, Petitioner filed a “Motion for Expedited Hearing.”

Petitioner brings his petition as “an Attorney licensed in the State of Arizona and a resident of Maricopa County, Arizona” and “an elector in Maricopa County, who cast a vote, by mail for Kari Lake during the November 8, 2022 ... general election for Arizona Governor.” (Id.)

Petitioner further alleges he “has exhausted all possible avenues at the lower Court level. See Complaint & Notice of Nonsuit, Borrelli v. Hobbs, et al, CV 2022-01480 (Ariz. filed Dec. 12, 2022)” and contends he is “apparently the only Attorney challenging the 2022 Arizona gubernatorial election that cited Reyes v. Cuming, 952 P.2d 329 (Ariz. Ct. App. 1997) in his Complaint. Despite having ample grounds to show good cause for appealing the partial dismissal of the election challenge, the undersigned chose not to appeal that decision because he wrongly assumed that one of the numerous attorneys in Ms. Lake’s case would live up to the ethical duties of care to research the law and disclose to the tribunal controlling authority.” (Pet. at 21) And, he advises, “By the time of Judge Thompson’s Ruling Under Advisement ... it was too late to file an appeal pursuant to A.R.S. § 16-672 et seq.” (Id.) Petitioner therefore concedes there was no timely appeal of his statutory election challenge and that he was not a party to the superior court case that resulted in the decision he seeks to set aside.

On January 4, 2023, this Court entered an order denying Petitioner Lake’s Petition to Transfer her appeal and special action from the Court of Appeals to this Court. Lake v. Hobbs, et al., T-22-0010-CV. On January 9, 2023, the Court of Appeals entered its “Order Accepting Jurisdiction, Consolidating Cases, Setting Expedited Briefing Schedule, and Resetting Conference” and setting a deadline for requests for leave to file as amicus curiae. See Lake v. Hobbs, et al., 1 CA-CV 22-0779. That proceeding is pending.

A request for mandamus relief is brought under the Arizona Rules of Procedure for Special Actions. See Ariz. P.R. Spec. Act. 1(b). The Rules of Procedure for Special Actions further provide, “Except as authorized by statute, the special action shall not be available where there is an equally plain, speedy and adequate remedy by appeal.” “Special actions may not be used as a substitute for an appeal.” Jordan v. Rea, 221 Ariz. 581, 586 { 8 (App. 2009)(internal citation omitted). “A special action requests extraordinary relief which is usually granted only where justice cannot be satisfactorily obtained by other means. It is within the sound discretion of this court to accept jurisdiction.” Nataros v. Superior Court of Maricopa Cnty., 113 Ariz. 498, 499 (1976) (internal citations omitted).

Furthermore, Arizona Special Actions Rule 7(b) requires a petitioner to explain why the petition should be brought in this Court rather than in a lower court in the first instance. “If the appellate court finds such circumstances insufficient, the court will on that ground dismiss the petition.” Petitioner did not provide a statement under Rule 7(b) explaining why the action is presented in this Court.

A panel consisting of Vice Chief Justice Timmer and Justices Bolick, Lopez and Beene having considered this matter,

IT IS ORDERED declining special action jurisdiction without prejudice to seek leave to participate as amicus in the court of appeals per the schedule set by that court.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

30-Jan-2023

FILED: Petitioner's Motion for Clarification Re: Court Order Issued January 27, 2023; (Copy of) Petitioner's Motion for Clarification Re: Court Order Issued January 27, 2023 (Petitioner)
Luke

Post by Luke »

RC is doing some outstanding spanking of Ryan, just saw it. Lots of good folks like AZs Law are jumping in to pound the little grifter.

Started with a silly punk statement about Marc Elias, as if Marc could care less, and goes on from there. It's fun. Yet this is the irresponsibility, lack of values, lie without hesitation attitude that Trump and the MAGA GOP have fostered and encouraged. Until they find a moral compass or it pokes them in the ass, they will continue losing elections. America doesn't want ugly.

raison de arizona

They don't like Ryan.
Kari Lake @KariLake wrote: It’s one, big, corrupt system working against We the People.
Abe Hamadeh War Room @AbeWarRoom wrote: It’s time to expose that Tom Ryan, a liberal activist and self described “ethics attorney” it was his brother, the judge who rejected extending voting hours in Maricopa County…

Where’s the ethics @tomryanlaw?
Barry Markson @BarryMarkson1 wrote: None of this is true. There are zero ballots that we don't know where they came from. There are zero ballots that had no chain of custody. Why do you keep making things up? If Kari Lake had a real case she would bring real facts with real experts. She's just putting on a show.
Kari Lake War Room @KariLakeWarRoom wrote: .@KariLake: "There were 300,000 ballots that had zero chain of custody. We don't know where they came from We honestly don't. They didn't follow the election laws. They didn't follow the laws and now they want to go after me for trying to tell the public."

Return to “Governors & State Elections”