Still not 'duly elected' Arizona Governor -- Kari Lake, TFG Endorsee

northland10
Verified: ✅ I'm me.

Post by northland10 »

Amicus is due tomorrow. So far there is nothing from the "how did he pass the bar" dude from AZ. You'd think he would have had it ready to go quickly. I guess this is what happens when the intent is attention and not actually legal arguments.

I have doubts he can achieve the requirements of the court order or Rule 16.

Rule 16
https://casetext.com/rule/arizona-court ... cus-curiae

AZSC Docket for Lake
https://apps.supremecourt.az.gov/aacc/a ... 230046.PDF
101010 :towel:
bob

Post by bob »

Some sports humor:
Image ImageImage
Luke
Location: @orly_licious With Pete Buttigieg and the other "open and defiant homosexuals" --Bryan Fischer AFA

Post by Luke »

RyRy is busy ranting about dictionary definitions. Asked if he had time to file his Amicus :P

RyRy hasn't blocked me yet... I've stuck to neutral subject questions and haven't told him what a fool and idiot he is since I reckon he knows that. 8-)
Lt Root Beer of the Mighty 699th. Fogbow 💙s titular Mama June in Fogbow's Favourite Show™ Mama June: From Not To Hot! Fogbow's Theme Song™ Edith Massey's "I Got The Evidence!" https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C5jDHZd0JAg
Dave from down under

Post by Dave from down under »

:thumbsup:
raison de arizona
Verified: ✔️ he/him/his

Post by raison de arizona »

9838A602-CCE4-4E8F-BB2D-2A2D75775819.jpeg
9838A602-CCE4-4E8F-BB2D-2A2D75775819.jpeg (363.21 KiB) Viewed 714 times
“Remember, democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet that did not commit suicide.” —John Adams
somerset

Post by somerset »

She really, really, really wants to be his running mate ;)
Dave from down under

Daddy issues

She wants to be Ivanka :crazy:
Phoenix520
Verified:

Post by Phoenix520 »

Whatever they are, she definitely has issues.
Frater I*I
Verified: ✅Verified Devilish Hyena

Post by Frater I*I »

Phoenix520 wrote: Sun Mar 19, 2023 5:07 pm Whatever they are, she definitely has issues.
More than a news stand....
"He sewed his eyes shut because he is afraid to see, He tries to tell me what I put inside of me
He's got the answers to ease my curiosity, He dreamed a god up and called it Christianity"

Trent Reznor
Luke
Location: @orly_licious With Pete Buttigieg and the other "open and defiant homosexuals" --Bryan Fischer AFA

Post by Luke »

That sneaky little RyRy, he did file his Amicus.

And it went really well. :lol:

Thursday, March 16, 2023
UPDATE: Supreme Court REJECTS Wordy Briefs In Kari Lake Appeal; No Word On When They'll Consider Lake's Request (READ Orders)

UPDATE, 3/17, 3:30pm: The Arizona Supreme Court REJECTED offered amicus (friend of the court) briefs from both Ryan Heath (below) and a group calling iteslf "America's Future". Both were much longer than permitted by court rules (which permit a 3,500 word filing).

The Court generously did give them a 2nd chance to follow the rules, extending their deadlines to Monday.

The Court has NOT announced whether it will then (privately) confer about whether or not to accept and decide Lake's appeal the following day. Earlier this month, the Court suggested it would likely conference the case on March 21. Conferences are generally added to the calendar on their website, but this has not been.

(The conference could also be delayed if the court decides to give the defendants/respondents a chance to respond to Lake's Thursday request to file her Reply about chain-of-custody issues (below).
2) Self-proclaimed "civil rights activist" Ryan Heath has asked the Court for permission to file a friend-of-the-court ("amicus") brief to explain why the Court of Appeals misinterpreted previous case law. Heath has been unsuccessful in several previous attempts to place his arguments before the court - including filing his own Special Action petition/appeal with the Supreme Court.

However, in light of the Supreme Court's warning earlier this month that it would carefully review proposed amicus briefs to make sure they followed the guidelines, Heath's proposed brief is more than twice as wordy as permitted by the court's rules. Heath counts 8,422 words in his brief, significantly higher than the 3,500 words permitted.

(Because it is likely very similar to Heath's previous filings *and* because it is probable that the Supreme Court will reject it, Arizona's Law is not publishing it tonight. If you wish to review it prior to the Court's decision, please contact us at Paul.Weich.AZlaw@gmail.com.)
https://arizonaslaw.blogspot.com/2023/0 ... extra.html

If Ryan will get in the Dental Chair O' Love, he and Orly Taitz can open a Civil Rights Decedent law firm together.
Lt Root Beer of the Mighty 699th. Fogbow 💙s titular Mama June in Fogbow's Favourite Show™ Mama June: From Not To Hot! Fogbow's Theme Song™ Edith Massey's "I Got The Evidence!" https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C5jDHZd0JAg
raison de arizona

It’s time to pray for the AZ Supreme Court and praise God with great expectations!
8A22F409-D4E4-4DEA-9D87-0EE656D5BD3E.jpeg
8A22F409-D4E4-4DEA-9D87-0EE656D5BD3E.jpeg (93.38 KiB) Viewed 548 times
“Remember, democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet that did not commit suicide.” —John Adams
Slim Cognito
Verified:

Post by Slim Cognito »

Just setting themselves up for a(nother) major fail. And we just laughed and laughed...
My Crested Yorkie, Gilda and her amazing hair.

ImageImageImage x4
Luke

Post by Luke »

Posted this in the soon-to-be-bankrupt pillow and drug addict's topic too also. Agree with Bob's comment there that they will probably tell them to FOAD tomorrow, but it's not official.
Arizona's Law https://twitter.com/arizonaslaw, great guy btw, said that while they contemplated tomorrow, they never confirmed it. But this is from Thursday... not seeing an update from Paul but might have missed it. The sooner they send that POS to Hell the better. (Will cross post this in Lake's topic)
The Court has NOT announced whether it will then (privately) confer about whether or not to accept and decide Lake's appeal the following day. Earlier this month, the Court suggested it would likely conference the case on March 21. Conferences are generally added to the calendar on their website, but this has not been.

(The conference could also be delayed if the court decides to give the defendants/respondents a chance to respond to Lake's Thursday request to file her Reply about chain-of-custody issues (below).
https://arizonaslaw.blogspot.com/
pipistrelle

Post by pipistrelle »

Wait, aren't churches supposed to be apolitical?
raison de arizona

pipistrelle wrote: Mon Mar 20, 2023 10:41 pm Wait, aren't churches supposed to be apolitical?
You know, I’m starting to wonder if you’ve ever been to church. ;)
keith
Occupation: Retired Computer Systems Analyst Project Manager Super Coder
Verified: ✅lunatic

Post by keith »

orlylicious wrote: Mon Mar 20, 2023 5:35 pm That sneaky little RyRy, he did file his Amicus.
:snippity:
Using a similar abbreviation rule as here, can we start calling Ms. Lake - KaKa?

Please?
Has everybody heard about the bird?
Dave from down under

LaLa :rolleye: ?
keith
Occupation: Retired Computer Systems Analyst Project Manager Super Coder
Verified: ✅lunatic

Post by keith »

Dave from down under wrote: Mon Mar 20, 2023 11:14 pm LaLa :rolleye: ?
Yeah that works (and I know the play was on RyRy's last name), but "KaKa" has more resonance in Arizona with its abundance of folks at least familiar with some Spanish.
Has everybody heard about the bird?
Luke

Post by Luke »

Resume18

Post by Resume18 »

orlylicious wrote: Tue Mar 21, 2023 3:41 pm
Well, I'm led to believe by some that God answers all prayers, but sometimes the answer is no.

Ms. Lake seems to be getting a lot of no-s. Think she might be better served praying for rain.
Like as the waves make towards the pebbled shore,
So do our minutes hasten to their end . . .
Grumpy Git
Verified:

Kari Lake - Grifting in church?

Post by Grumpy Git »

grifting.jpg
grifting.jpg (88.67 KiB) Viewed 344 times

So at this prayer meeting, presumably now over, do you think Kari Lake and her Grifters R Us disciples were there with their 'donations gratefully received' buckets? :biggrin:

Some of the responses on Twitter about this prayer meeting are :lol:

And remember! If prayer doesn’t work, it’s only because God doesn’t want Kari to be Governor, either

I’ve been up all night with stomach flu. This seems like as good of a place to go puke as any.

Gonna try my best to let out a 90-minute-long fart.

Will there be a cash bar or do we have to smuggle the booze in our bloodstreams

1) Catch 3-4 feral skunks.
2) drop them in a backpack.
3) Release in church lobby.

I'll send you $100 if you attend drunk wearing a Speedo and a cowboy hat.
Grumpy Git
Verified:

Kari Lake - Update from Arizona's Law

Post by Grumpy Git »

Posted a few hours ago on Twitter

UPDATE/SUMMARY on @KariLake appealing:
1) AZ Supreme Ct is privately conferencing this a.m., deciding whether/not to ACCEPT her appeal.
2) In addition to parties' briefs, they'll have in front of them 2 amicus briefs. They gave attys extra time to re-submit them & follow rules. They also accepted Ryan Heath's apology for re-submitting late due to "the weekend". (They considered that "en banc" and printed it in the docket.)
3) There's NO set timetable for when @AZCourtswill tell us if they're accepting the appeal

and someone else added

Worth noting for non-lawyers - the AZ Sup. Ct is NOT currently deciding if @KariLake won the election.

The court is only considering whether to grant review or deny review. If they grant review, more briefs will be filed, and THEN the court will consider Lake's arguments.

Full thread
Chilidog

Post by Chilidog »

I kinda hope that they do accept it, then reject all her claims in clear, no-nonsense ruling.

Otherwise, every future election is just going to be a rinse / repeat cycle of BS
Phoenix520
Verified:

Post by Phoenix520 »

I'll send you $100 if you attend drunk wearing a Speedo and a cowboy hat.
Y’a know, if the Speedo is a tfg speedo - red, white, and blue with his face prominent in front - and if’n ya trumpify the cowboy hat with MAGA hate, no one will think twice about it and ya might just win the contest! :thumbsup:
bob

Post by bob »

Chilidog wrote: Tue Mar 21, 2023 4:31 pm I kinda hope that they do accept it, then reject all her claims in clear, no-nonsense ruling.

Otherwise, every future election is just going to be a rinse / repeat cycle of BS
Supreme courts Courts of last resort aren't in the business of granting review just to say the lower court was correct.

Regardless of what SCOAZ does, Lake and her ilk will still clog the courts following future elections. Granting review will just continue her grift.
Image ImageImage

Return to “Governors & State Elections”