Spring forward.
To delete this message, click the X at top right.

Still not 'duly elected' Arizona Governor -- Kari Lake, TFG Endorsee

W. Kevin Vicklund

Post by W. Kevin Vicklund »

The relevant text:
B. Any qualified elector who is listed as having applied for an early ballot but who states that the elector has not voted and will not vote an early ballot for this election or surrenders the early ballot to the precinct inspector on election day shall be allowed to vote pursuant to the procedure set forth in section 16-584, except that for elections conducted using an electronic pollbook or similar system with continuous voter usage updates, the following apply:

1. If the electronic pollbook or other system indicates that the voter's early ballot has not been returned or accepted by the county recorder and the voter is not otherwise required to be issued a provisional ballot, the voter may be issued a standard ballot after presenting identification pursuant to subsection A of this section.

2. If the electronic pollbook or other system indicates that the voter's early ballot has been received or accepted by the county recorder, the voter may not be issued a standard ballot and may only be issued a provisional ballot as prescribed in section 16-584.
Reality Check
Verified: ✅ Curmudgeon

Post by Reality Check »

How many smoking guns has Leo found? I have lost count. :lol:
raison de arizona
Verified: ✔️ he/him/his

Post by raison de arizona »

Wow :crazy:
“Remember, democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet that did not commit suicide.” —John Adams
bill_g
Verified: ✅ Checked Republic ✓ ᵛᵉʳᶦᶠᶦᵉᵈ

Post by bill_g »

Take a music break Kari.

keith
Occupation: Retired Computer Systems Analyst Project Manager Super Coder
Verified: ✅lunatic

Post by keith »

I see your Diana and raise you Julie

Has everybody heard about the bird?
Shizzle Popped
Verified:

Post by Shizzle Popped »

keith wrote: Sat Jan 28, 2023 5:42 am I see your Diana and raise you Julie

I grew up watching episodes of Emergency! with my parents and initially only knew Julie London as an actress. Then, in my early teens I started listening to jazz and soon discovered she was a singer and had that beautiful voice. I've been a fan ever since.
"Let us tenderly and kindly cherish, therefore, the means of knowledge. Let us dare to read, think, speak, and write."
John Adams
keith

Post by keith »

Some songs are just owned by particular singers, no matter how good a cover is.

Diana Krall's version is super great, I love it, but Julie London owns "Cry Me a River".

She just does.
Reality Check

Post by Reality Check »

:hijacked:
keith

Post by keith »

Reality Check wrote: Sat Jan 28, 2023 8:26 am :hijacked:
What? Not again?!
raison de arizona

:roll:
https://twitter.com/KariLakeWarRoom/sta ... 4153615360
Kari Lake War Room @KariLakeWarRoom wrote: They're so mad that we won't pretend @katiehobbs is the Governor of Arizona.

Just because she's in the office doesn't make her legitimate.

You think a Mall Santa is given keys to the North Pole?

Read up.

http://SaveArizonaFund.com/lawsuit
Clue Heywood @ClueHeywood wrote: this is beyond pathetic at this point, but I guess there’s money to be made
“Remember, democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet that did not commit suicide.” —John Adams
Luke
Location: @orly_licious With Pete Buttigieg and the other "open and defiant homosexuals" --Bryan Fischer AFA

Post by Luke »

Leo replied :P Now he's going after Cyber Ninjas and Doug Logan. :lol:

OrlyLicious 🇺🇸 @Orly_licious Jan 27
Replying to @LCDLAW1 @KariLake and 2 others
Maricopa County has been using "real-time provisional ballots" since 2016. Here's an explanation, it's not new & they explain what they are. You'll find it in the section on "Real-Time Provisional Ballots", 5.7.11 here: https://elections.maricopa.gov/asset/jc ... Report.pdf

Leo Prov.JPG
Leo Prov.JPG (85.55 KiB) Viewed 550 times

He's doing a Twitter Space on it tomorrow night :thumbsup:

A worried reply hahahahaha

Phill K @nodekeeper 5h
Replying to @LCDLAW1
My big problem is I'm interested in seeing people handcuffed, perp walked, trialed and jailed. I'm not really sure I want to blow a bunch of information into the open. Look how far it got #TruetheVote, who I think are wonderful people btw.
Lt Root Beer of the Mighty 699th. Fogbow 💙s titular Mama June in Fogbow's Favourite Show™ Mama June: From Not To Hot! Fogbow's Theme Song™ Edith Massey's "I Got The Evidence!" https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C5jDHZd0JAg
Reality Check

Post by Reality Check »

Maybe one of you AZ folks can answer my question:

In the January 9th scheduling order the CoA set the case for conference on February 1. Obviously conference in this sense is different from the SCOTUS use of conference. The case has already been briefed. I believe neither side requested oral argument so I don't that is going to happen. Will there be a decision on Tuesday or will the justices just begin deliberating the case?

Edit: I guess Lake sort of asked for oral argument in her MOTION FOR A PROCEDURAL ORDER ACCELERATING CONSOLIDATED APPEAL AND SPECIAL ACTION filed on January 25th.
WHEREFORE, appellant-petitioner Lake respectfully requests that this Court accelerate these actions pursuant to Special Rule 7(d) and appellate Rule 29(b). If the Court deems oral argument necessary, the Court should expeditiously calendar an oral argument; if not, this Court should expeditiously issue its decision
bob

Post by bob »

Image ImageImage
RTH10260
Verified: ✔️ Eurobot

Post by RTH10260 »

Images ommitted
Thread Reader

Tom Ryan

Well, my dear AZ Litigation Disaster Tourists, I've a new adventure for you. It involves a young lawyer who self-identifies as "Civil Rights Activist" and runs what he calls "The Gavel Project." His name is Ryan Heath & he claims his litigation is against the "woke culture. 1/
You can read about young Mr. Heath here: thegavelproject.com/about Now, if this all there was to know about Heath, you'd say "Tom, what's the big deal? Just another crackpot grifter." True. But this egregious legal eagle filed one of the most bizarre pleadings I've ever read. 2/

About — The Gavel Project
https://www.thegavelproject.com/about
Heath, the "anti-woke" activist filed a Writ of Mandamus in the Arizona Supreme Court on his own behalf in the Lake v. Hobbs appeal. Never mind the fact that (1) he is not a litigant in that case & (2) he filed pro se (meaning on his own behalf.) 3/
If you go to thegavelproject.com you will see this link. Click on it and you can follow along. So let's begin. 4/

The Gavel Project
http://www.thegavelproject.com
Let's start withthe top of his "Writ." He fails to use his Az State Bar Number, & goes with "Civil Rights Activist" instead. No lawyer does that. 2nd, his address is a Print/Pack/Ship dropbox. Last, what a weird email address for a lawyer. And it goes downhill from here. 5/

You're gonna love FN. 2 of this disaster. "I just got out of law school, so I never had a chance to challenge this before, so I am uniquely qualified to do this." Really? Oh, dear lord, this is not going well. Can it get worse? Let's see. 6/

And Mr. Heath is worried if we keep voting the way we do in AZ, HIS vote will continue to be diluted! (Pssst! the fact that you get out voted is not a basis to file a Writ of Mandamus in Supreme Court.) 7/

So a guy who has been practicing law for less than 3 years is able to declare our Governor Hobbs as illegitimate. Riiiiiiiight! 8/

Hey, just because @ClueHeywood can get away with saying stuff like "no citations are needed for such basic propositions" doesn't mean that just any lawyer can do that. Doh! 9/

There are over 16,000 licensed lawyers in the State of Arizona, but our special, anti-woke Boy Genius is the only one to see what's happened here! What in Bucky O'Neill's dusty chaps is this boy referring to?? 10/

Mr. Heath claims he "exhausted all possible avenues at the lower court level" despite the fact he was NOT INVOLVED! A "non-suit" is not exhausting all avenues. Gotta love how he trashes Lake's attorneys. Sheesh! 11/

The non-litigant Heath claims his reliance on others to appeal Lake's loss was "a mistake." This fellow has no idea how big of a mistake he's making here. And if you fail to appeal, you don't get to end run that mistake by filing a Writ of Mandamus! 12/

I'm not at all sure about his verification here. 13/

Now, along with the Writ of Mandamus came a Motion to Accelerate. Trust me it is no better. It starts with a bizarre claim Heath is filing a bar charge against every attorney who was on the other side of Lake's trial. There is zero basis for this. 13/

Gotta love FN 3 to his Motion to Accelerate 14/

He thinks Hobbs is a "tyrant" that must be removed "from her illegitimate post" and all the attorneys on the other side engaged in "an obvious attempt to defraud the Judicial Branch of Arizona." Whew! Talk about the best way to get referred to the Bar, this is how you do it. 15/

Two days ago, the duty justice, Hon. John Lopez, IV had no problem dismissing and dissing this nonsense. 16/
apps.supremecourt.az.gov/aacc/appella/A…
When a Supreme Court Justice uses quote marks around your language, you just know said Justice was less than impressed by your overblown bloviating nonsense. Here's an example. 16/

Lopez is not having it with young Mr. Heath. 17/

Folks, as a lawyer you gotta know the rules. Repeat after me "The Rules are Your Tools!" And Justice Lopez reminds Heath of that fact. 18/
Yep! Justice Lopez tells young Mr. Heath how far off the beaten path he is. 19/
Bye, bye Felicia!!! End
Luke
Location: @orly_licious With Pete Buttigieg and the other "open and defiant homosexuals" --Bryan Fischer AFA

Post by Luke »

Trial? Give Mike Lindell money to give to Kari Lake? Offense fund? "World-class attorneys"? Even the marks must be confused by this BS.
Kari Lake's Appeal Trial Starts Tomorrow!
FrankSpeech <no-reply@frankspeech.com>
4:47 PM (19 minutes ago) to me

Lindell Legal Offense Fund

Hello from Mike Lindell,

Kari Lake's legal battle is far from over! Our world-class attorneys at the Lindell Legal Offense Fund have been Kari's legal team from Day 1, and we continue to fight against this stolen election! WE ARE NEVER going to quit! This is too important to sit on the sidelines and hope for a solution.

In Maricopa County alone, 464,926 ballots were fed into tabulators on Election Day, with 217,305 rejected by the machine. That's almost a quarter million voters disenfranchised in a heavily Republican community!

There is no doubt that Kari Lake had this election stolen from her, and we are here to expose the truth.

With a sham election decided by only 17,000 votes, hundreds of thousands of invalid ballots were counted in Maricopa County alone.

Ballots were printed on the incorrect size paper, and mysterious piles of ballots were added to the official count days after the election. Three hundred thousand absentee ballots didn't follow state chain of custody laws, as the political establishment was willing to do whatever it took to steal the election. The evidence is all there! <<< CONTRIBUTE >>>

We the People demand honest elections, and we are going to get them!

Our legal battles continue in the courtroom, and we're ready to take this fight to the US Supreme Court. Arizona voters, like all American citizens, deserve the protection of our sacred right to vote.

This latest legal battle is necessary for us to present our irrefutable evidence that Kari Lake won her campaign. I need you to take a stand with Kari Lake today. Join us! We are fighting hard, and the victories are coming because of the Lindell Legal Offense Fund.

Your contribution of $25, $50, $150, $250, $500, keeps us in this fight! No donation is too small, but we need to hear from you now!

God Bless,

Mike Lindell

Lindell Legal Offense Fun
God Bless! Send meat!
Lt Root Beer of the Mighty 699th. Fogbow 💙s titular Mama June in Fogbow's Favourite Show™ Mama June: From Not To Hot! Fogbow's Theme Song™ Edith Massey's "I Got The Evidence!" https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C5jDHZd0JAg
Luke

Post by Luke »

Meanwhile, look what Bryan Blehm posted on Twitter. He's completely out of his mind. Got #FatRambo vibes with this one:

Blehm.JPG
Blehm.JPG (100.23 KiB) Viewed 385 times

"World-class attorney" :sick:
northland10
Verified: ✅ I'm me.

Post by northland10 »

IANAL, but from what it sounds, I think I understand how the law works better than he does. Granted, I did not go to Regent like Mr. Heath, so I may be missing some fine points.
101010 :towel:
raison de arizona

Heath is a piece of work. He’s also suing the judge in the Kari Lake lolsuit for dismissing the case, haven’t read it though.
https://www.democracydocket.com/news-al ... n-contest/
Or is this the same thing.
chancery
Verified:

Post by chancery »

Off Topic
keith wrote: Sat Jan 28, 2023 6:34 am Some songs are just owned by particular singers, no matter how good a cover is.

Diana Krall's version is super great, I love it, but Julie London owns "Cry Me a River".

She just does.
I'm a fan of Davy Graham's guitar version, featured on a 1959 BBC TV feature directed by Ken Russell called "Guitar Craze."

Apologies for the golliwog balloon, and the hijacking.
Suranis

Post by Suranis »

orlylicious wrote: Sun Jan 29, 2023 6:03 pm Meanwhile, look what Bryan Blehm posted on Twitter. He's completely out of his mind. Got #FatRambo vibes with this one:
Blehm.JPG
Uh, Fat Don took the Vax pretty much before anyone else. Call me when he keels over.
Hic sunt dracones
Foggy
Dick Tater
Verified: as seen on qvc zombie apocalypse

Post by Foggy »

If Blehm believes that, he should be with Krap'n Karl and his Armada at the bottom of Lake Erie. How come he's not worried that we're gonna shed on him some?
Out from under. :thumbsup:
northland10
Verified: ✅ I'm me.

Post by northland10 »

raison de arizona wrote: Sun Jan 29, 2023 6:27 pm Heath is a piece of work. He’s also suing the judge in the Kari Lake lolsuit for dismissing the case, haven’t read it though.
https://www.democracydocket.com/news-al ... n-contest/
Or is this the same thing.
This is the petition that Tom Ryan was reviewing. I don't think he is suing the judge necessarily. If I understand correctly, appeals in Arizona include the ruling judge as a party. This is a normal thing.

That said, he was not a party to the original case in question and yet, thinks he can file a petition for a writ of mandumbass with the AZ Supreme Court. I don't think that is how it works.

I have made it part of the way through the petition, and found this gem (besides all the other ones such as the ones Mr. Ryan mentioned):
Upon information and belief, it would take at least thirty seconds for anyone viewing an image on a monitor to compare a signature on a ballot with a known or attributed signature for verification.
Bullshit. I assume there was no information but only belief because it fit his narrative. It should take no more than 5 and maybe 10 seconds for most signatures. Only the possibly different ones take a second to stop and look close, which may take 30 seconds, or maybe longer, before they kick it to the manager, per process.

He claims he is arguing Reyes v Cuming, but that ruling said that a detailed review by a trained expert was unnecessary.

ETA: Oh yeah, he mentions that nobody argued Reyes v Cuming in the trial court. If that is the case, then how does he think he can argue it in the appellant court? Because he was a non-party to the trial court he can appeal with any argument he wants even if it was not preserved?

IANAL, but I think the rule is, if it was not argued by the plaintiff at the trial court, it does not exist (note, the defendant has cited Reyes in an appeal but not for the same argument).

This is the same "attorney" who said:
Without providing further explanation or any meaningful citations, Respondent (the judge) opined that “Plaintiff needed to prove by clear and convincing evidence, each element to be entitled to relief:
Um, plaintiff has to provide clear and convincing evidence to prove a case. OMG.. legal tyranny.
101010 :towel:
Kendra

Post by Kendra »

Trump addresses the cult from Kari Lake’s phone at her rally tonight.
raison de arizona

Word on the bird site is that she in angling for VP.
Danraft

Post by Danraft »

Yes, I’d say that she has always angled for the Trump running mate position. Yet, I think her brain is really broken now and she believes all the election nonsense— it may have been a grift, but she believes it now.

Return to “Governors & State Elections”