Spring forward.
To delete this message, click the X at top right.

Still not 'duly elected' Arizona Governor -- Kari Lake, TFG Endorsee

Dr. Ken

Re: Arizona Governor -- Kari Lake, TFG Endorsee

Post by Dr. Ken »

ImageImagePhilly Boondoggle
raison de arizona
Verified: ✔️ he/him/his

Post by raison de arizona »

She’s up 11k. She’s almost certain to win legitimately. I wonder how much she will actually push this once she actually wins.

Also, the margin was narrow. That bodes poorly for her in the general. I hope.
“Remember, democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet that did not commit suicide.” —John Adams
northland10
Verified: ✅ I'm me.

Post by northland10 »

raison de arizona wrote: Wed Aug 03, 2022 7:17 pm She’s up 11k. She’s almost certain to win legitimately. I wonder how much she will actually push this once she actually wins.

She might want to ixnay on the audfray if she wins. It could uncover that there was fraud, and it helped her since many of the fraud arrests and convictions have been those on the right
101010 :towel:
Dr. Ken

Post by Dr. Ken »

northland10 wrote: Wed Aug 03, 2022 8:19 pm
raison de arizona wrote: Wed Aug 03, 2022 7:17 pm She’s up 11k. She’s almost certain to win legitimately. I wonder how much she will actually push this once she actually wins.

She might want to ixnay on the audfray if she wins. It could uncover that there was fraud, and it helped her since many of the fraud arrests and convictions have been those on the right
That would be incredibly hilarous.
ImageImagePhilly Boondoggle
Foggy
Dick Tater
Verified: as seen on qvc zombie apocalypse

Post by Foggy »

For completeness, she is still winning, although the race has not been called officially.

https://www.azcentral.com/elections/res ... e/arizona/

She's up by more than ten thousand votes, with 82% counted.
Edit: Ol' Wifehorn done tole me a fib, said she lost. I was disappoint. :mad:
Out from under. :thumbsup:
raison de arizona

Thanks for the link Foggy. OK folks, here's where we sit:

Code: Select all

Governor Republican Primary
82.13% Est. Vote Counted
Candidate                    Total Votes   % Votes
Kari Lake (R)                 303,860       46.2%
Karrin Taylor Robson (R)      291,843       44.4%
Matt Salmon (R)                25,830        3.9%
Scott Neely (R)                21,235        3.2%
Paola Tulliani-Zen (R)         14,270        2.2%
Taking it from the bottom up, Zen voters... Who knows? She's a bit loony though, and a Big Lie adherent, so I'm going to guess they will go for Lake in the general. Neely is crazy, so is Lake, his voters are going for Lake. Salmon...hmm. He dropped out, so I'm not sure what to think about people who voted for him anyway, but he's not a Big Lie pusher, so I'm guessing at least some of them will defect from Lake. The big question here is Robson voters. She is not anti-tfg, and is pretty in line with Republican talking points, the border the border the border, etc. That said, she is anti-Big Lie, and the fact that so many went for her gives me hope that a lot of them will not be able to bring themselves to vote for Lake, and will either go for Hobbs or sit the race out. I hopes. Thems my thoughts.
“Remember, democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet that did not commit suicide.” —John Adams
raison de arizona

*sigh* We've voted by mail here for over thirty years. It isn't cheating. Lake took the vast majority of election day votes because...she told her voters not to vote early. Pretty simple, really. Twits.
Kari Lake for AZ Governor @KariLake wrote: Time to make our elections honest again.
Cari Kelemen 2.0 @CariKelemen wrote: Kari Lake won 70% of Election Day votes.

Early Voting allows cheaters the time to manufacture the votes they need to win, but when voters show up en masse in person on Election Day, like they did for Trump in 2016, the cheaters run out of time.

Remember this in November!
Luke
Location: @orly_licious With Pete Buttigieg and the other "open and defiant homosexuals" --Bryan Fischer AFA

Post by Luke »

Hey, so Michael Steele and others have come up with something that seems like a great idea! OK, if there's so much fraud, Katie Hobbs should refuse to certify the GOP Primary until everything is fully investigated. Even if that takes until a week before the general election.

Steele Lake.JPG
Steele Lake.JPG (85.79 KiB) Viewed 1230 times

If this is what these asshats (h/t Realist) want, why not let them trip on themselves?

16 hours ago - Politics & Policy
Trump's pandora's box
Andrew Solender

A growing number of Republican candidates this cycle are refusing to concede elections they indisputably lost, promoting conspiracy theories about the results and engaging in local battles over certification.

Why it matters: The undercurrent of election denialism pervading the 2022 midterms is bubbling to the surface as more Trump-inspired candidates are tested in primaries.

The big picture: The trend stretches across and beyond states at the heart of former President Trump's efforts to overturn the 2020 election.

What's happening: In Michigan, Ryan Kelley, a gubernatorial candidate who was arrested by the FBI in June in connection with the Capitol riot, is refusing to concede and called his fourth-place finish in the GOP primary a "predetermined outcome." Michigan election officials had also been worried in the run-up to the primary that local canvassers would refuse to certify the results, Axios' Samuel Robinson reported last week. In Arizona, Trump-endorsed Mark Finchem — who won the state’s GOP nomination for secretary of state — said at an election party that "I've got people all over the state saying, 'I've gotten ballots that I didn't ask for,'" according to reports.

Right-wing commentators also resurrected a baseless conspiracy theory in Arizona that claimed election officials were using Sharpies to invalidate ballots. The circulating conspiracy prompted Maricopa County's top prosecutor to send a cease-and-desist letter to a local office-seeker demanding she stop telling voters to steal pens from polling places.

In Colorado, indicted county clerk Tina Peters paid more than $250,000 last week for a recount of the Republican primary for secretary of state. She lost by 14 points a month earlier but claimed there was "cheating."

In Nevada, gubernatorial candidate Joey Gilbert also refused to concede and paid for a recount in June after losing by 11 points to Trump-endorsed Joe Lombardo.

In Georgia, Kandiss Taylor, a gubernatorial candidate who won just 3.4% of the vote in the May contest, claimed the election was "rigged." MyPillow CEO Mike Lindell, a prominent Trump ally, promised a "big investigation" on her behalf.

In Florida, Jason Mariner, the Republican nominee in a January House special election, filed a lawsuit alleging problems with ballots after losing by nearly 60 points.

In Pennsylvania, Trump himself cast doubts on the results of the GOP primary for U.S. Senate in May as ballots were still being counted. He urged his endorsed candidate Mehmet Oz — who ultimately won by fewer than 1,000 votes — to declare victory prematurely, because it "makes it much harder for them to cheat."

What they're saying: "Among the Trumpian core of the Republican Party, this has become mainstream," said Rick Hasen, the director of UCLA Law's Safeguarding Democracy Project. "It's exceedingly dangerous, because a democracy depends on losers’ consent." "If people believe the other side is consistently stealing elections, first of all, you completely delegitimize people in office ... but second, you create the conditions where people might be more willing to engage in fraud themselves as a way of trying to even the score," he said.

What's next: Republicans are laying the groundwork to challenge future election results from positions of power. Slates of Trump-backed candidates for governor and secretary of state in swing states including Arizona and Pennsylvania, if elected, would be in position to respond to future calls to overturn elections.
ETA: hahaha some MAGAt tried to snark about my sincere honest desire for Kari to get all her investigations. Replied:

Justin.JPG
Justin.JPG (55.85 KiB) Viewed 1219 times
Lt Root Beer of the Mighty 699th. Fogbow 💙s titular Mama June in Fogbow's Favourite Show™ Mama June: From Not To Hot! Fogbow's Theme Song™ Edith Massey's "I Got The Evidence!" https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C5jDHZd0JAg
Kriselda Gray
Verified:

Post by Kriselda Gray »

orlylicious wrote: Thu Aug 04, 2022 12:05 pm Hey, so Michael Steele and others have come up with something that seems like a great idea! OK, if there's so much fraud, Katie Hobbs should refuse to certify the GOP Primary until everything is fully investigated. Even if that takes until a week before the general election.

If this is what these asshats (h/t Realist) want, why not let them trip on themselves?
Michael Sreele was filling in for Nicole Wallace today and interviewed Katie Hobbs. During the interview, he asked her if she'd thought about delaying the certification. She answered she didn't have the authority to do that as the date is set by their Constitution. I tho7ght it was pretty funny he brought it up, though.
Luke
Location: @orly_licious With Pete Buttigieg and the other "open and defiant homosexuals" --Bryan Fischer AFA

Post by Luke »

That's great he asked that!

Don Lemon just said on CNN at 10:20pm they project Kari Lake as the GOP nominee.

But if there was so much fraud, does that mean she shouldn't be the nominee?
Lt Root Beer of the Mighty 699th. Fogbow 💙s titular Mama June in Fogbow's Favourite Show™ Mama June: From Not To Hot! Fogbow's Theme Song™ Edith Massey's "I Got The Evidence!" https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C5jDHZd0JAg
Kriselda Gray
Verified:

Post by Kriselda Gray »

orlylicious wrote: Thu Aug 04, 2022 10:25 pm That's great he asked that!

Don Lemon just said on CNN at 10:20pm they project Kari Lake as the GOP nominee.

But if there was so much fraud, does that mean she shouldn't be the nominee?
Sounds right to me :)
Danraft

Post by Danraft »

I detest all their BS play acting.... Am I being to kind? Or, are they really so stoopid they believe their own horse manure?
raison de arizona

Whelp, it’s official, or projected I guess. Which passes for official these days. Lake takes it. I know Robson is a very successful real estate developer and lawyer, and I’m not sure how much she’s worth. But I know she is $15M or so lighter than when she decided to take on Lake. Le sigh.
Phoenix520
Verified:

Post by Phoenix520 »

Seriously, raison, what’s with all the Karens in AZ politics?
Karen Fann
Karrin Robson

Isn’t there another one?
raison de arizona

Well, we've got a few Kelli/Kelly's, a Kari, a Katie, lots of KKKs around, the usual.

Anyway, Lake regrets her words almost immediately. In it to win it? We'll see.
raison de arizona

Whelp, Robson couldn't beat Lake, hopefully Hobbs will be able to. Please, please.
raison de arizona

From the nobody cares and nothing will happen department...
Ben Giles @ben_giles wrote: About 4hours ago, @FannKfann issued a statement bashing @katiehobbs and calling for unity behind GOP nominee @KariLake.

Now she’s retracting the statement because it was sent to press by the @AZSenateGOP spokesperson — and it’s against the law to campaign w/ state resources.

I’ve asked who the statement was supposed to be sent to, and who it was supposed to be sent by? As some have pointed out, the mere fact that it was drafted on @AZSenateGOP letterhead is problematic.
Official AZ Senate business? You be the judge:
raison de arizona

From CPAC:
steven monacelli @stevanzetti wrote: Kari Lake of Arizona says she wants to take action on the border, says the states created the federal government and not the other way around. Arizona came into existence after the creation of the federal government.
https://twitter.com/stevanzetti/status/ ... 6018181120
:roll:
Foggy
Dick Tater

Post by Foggy »

Yeah, I pity the fools who live in the Copper State, but honestly, this is gonna be a WAY more interesting race than it would have been.

Kari got this far by being an unhinged moron, dammit, and she can't stop being an unhinged moron now or she'll be letting down her base of supporters.

We can't allow that to happen in the Fogbow Theater of the Absurd, and so henceforth and henceforward and hencewidth I am declaring Kari lost the general election in November due to FRAUD FRAUD FRAUD and a lot of people just didn't want to vote for her.

That's my rulin'. :oldman:
tek

Post by tek »

Now she’s retracting the statement because it was sent to press by the @AZSenateGOP spokesperson — and it’s against the law to campaign w/ state resources.
Pffft! She's fighting the Holy MAGA War! Laws are creations of mere mortals! :boxing:
keith
Occupation: Retired Computer Systems Analyst Project Manager Super Coder
Verified: ✅lunatic

Post by keith »

raison de arizona wrote: Fri Aug 05, 2022 1:15 pm Whelp, Robson couldn't beat Lake, hopefully Hobbs will be able to. Please, please.
Um... 'Governor' Symington was her advisor?

Fife Symington
John Fife Symington III (/ˈfaɪf ˈsaɪmɪŋtən/ (listen); born August 12, 1945) is an American businessman and politician. A member of the Republican Party, he was elected 19th governor of Arizona from 1991 to 1997. He resigned from office in 1997 during his second term, following convictions on charges of extortion and bank fraud – convictions which were later overturned.
Well no, Professor Wikipedia, Symington's conviction was not 'overturned' exactly. The appeals court decided that the original trial was flawed because of a dismissed jury member. Before a new trial could be held, President Clinton (!) pardoned him.

Recall that acceptance of a Presidential pardon requires that you accept guilt for the crime for which you are being pardoned.

Symington is an ADMITTED felon that has been pardoned.
Has everybody heard about the bird?
raison de arizona

sugar magnolia

Post by sugar magnolia »

The government is rotten to the core but please vote for me so I can be part of it.
Kendra

Post by Kendra »

Kari continues her daily campaign to own the media:

Lake: The media never covers the homeless problem.

Brahm Reznik: We cover it every day.

Lake: But you don’t cover what I say about it.

Reznik: That’s what we are doing right now.

Lake: You suck and nobody likes you.
Foggy
Dick Tater

Post by Foggy »

:biggrin: She's so fun! :lol:

Return to “Governors & State Elections”