Still not 'duly elected' ... anything -- Kari Lake, TFG Endorsee

Luke
Location: @orly_licious With Pete Buttigieg and the other "open and defiant homosexuals" --Bryan Fischer AFA

Still not 'duly elected' Arizona Governor -- Kari Lake, TFG Endorsee

Post by Luke »

I BITTERLY COMPLAINED!

Kari Lake War Room @KariLakeWarRoom 21h
·
We’d like to put any rumors to bed.

Regardless of future endeavors, @KariLake will not be giving up her election integrity fight.

Kari is a mother of two. She can multitask.

We will continue to work to secure Arizona’s elections through the courts.

Luke Johnson 🇺🇸 @Orly_licious 17h
Sorry, but feels like Kari Lake is giving up. It's only been 330 days since the November 8, 2022 election and already she's running for another office. How can she be Governor and Senator? Where is money for the Save Arizona Fund going now? It's only been 10 months, why quit now?

Lt Root Beer of the Mighty 699th. Fogbow 💙s titular Mama June in Fogbow's Favourite Show™ Mama June: From Not To Hot! Fogbow's Theme Song™ Edith Massey's "I Got The Evidence!" https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C5jDHZd0JAg
bill_g
Verified: ✅ Checked Republic ✓ ᵛᵉʳᶦᶠᶦᵉᵈ

Post by bill_g »

orlylicious wrote: Wed Oct 04, 2023 6:46 pm
I BITTERLY COMPLAINED!

Luke Johnson 🇺🇸 @Orly_licious 17h
Sorry, but feels like Kari Lake is giving up. It's only been 330 days since the November 8, 2022 election and already she's running for another office. How can she be Governor and Senator? Where is money for the Save Arizona Fund going now? It's only been 10 months, why quit now?

https: //twitter.com/Orly_licious/status/1709441639452680243
hehe I like the day-week-month increment.
raison de arizona
Verified: ✔️ he/him/his

Post by raison de arizona »

Lake accosts D Senate candidate Rep. Ruben Gallego at the airport.
“Remember, democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet that did not commit suicide.” —John Adams
raison de arizona

Senate run announcement/AZ Governor resignation :mrgreen:
“Remember, democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet that did not commit suicide.” —John Adams
raison de arizona

Kiss of death?
IMG_5960.png
IMG_5960.png (432.78 KiB) Viewed 4612 times
Luke
Location: @orly_licious With Pete Buttigieg and the other "open and defiant homosexuals" --Bryan Fischer AFA

Post by Luke »

BLECH! #KArizona is nauseating.

The grift didn't miss a beat, Governor is GONE.
Kari Lake War Room @KariLakeWarRoom
Official Campaign Twitter Account for U.S. Senate Candidate
@KariLake | Text KARI to 70789 🇺🇸
Lots of this going on. Kari's War Room thinks a trip to Qutar is bad or something, they keep using this photo. :lol:
Eric Swalwell @ericswalwell 8h
Is she resigning as Governor?

Kari Lake @KariLake 9h
Tonight, we take the next steps on this incredible journey we’ve been on together.

6:20 PM Tune in here #KArizona https://karilake.com

Kari Lake War Room @KariLakeWarRoom
Will you and @RubenGallego be making another trip to Qatar anytime soon?

Eric Kari.JPG
Eric Kari.JPG (61.28 KiB) Viewed 4577 times

Kari Lake War Room Senate.JPG
Kari Lake War Room Senate.JPG (108.48 KiB) Viewed 4577 times

For the $8/mo Twitter premium (which I'm cancelling after Eastman, I even used privacy.com* and made a card that can't be charged more than twice, I don't trust Elmo), you can edit, use bold and italics. So I did. :P

If you haven't checked out privacy.com, it's free and great. It makes limited use credit card numbers, you call all the shots on amount it can spend. It's connected to your bank of course, but the merchants don't know that. Friends told me about it and some banks used to have it like BoA but they stopped the feature. privacy.com picked up the slack.
Lt Root Beer of the Mighty 699th. Fogbow 💙s titular Mama June in Fogbow's Favourite Show™ Mama June: From Not To Hot! Fogbow's Theme Song™ Edith Massey's "I Got The Evidence!" https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C5jDHZd0JAg
Chilidog

Post by Chilidog »

Let me guess....

Lumpy Lindell's stopped paying for her lawyers.....?
Luke

Post by Luke »

It must be liberating to just lie, change positions and pretend things you said simply don't exist. Check out this POLITCO article about Kari:

https://www.politico.com/news/2023/10/1 ... n-00120888

From all the SCREAMING and POUTING and FIGHTING... Kari says one line about elections now.
The script suggested a candidate keenly invested in trying to tweak her image. It contained just one passing reference to the election fraud claims that she has harped on so much that they came to politically define her.
Her passing reference to election fraud was couched as a non-partisan battle for “honest elections.”

“Fighting for honest elections is not a Republican issue. It’s not a Democrat issue. It’s an American issue,” she said.
“I don’t think she has any prospect of actually being elected,” said Sen. Mitt Romney (R-Utah). “The people of Arizona are smarter than that.”
MN-Skeptic

Post by MN-Skeptic »

Arizona Voting Machines Challenge
Lawsuit filed on behalf of a Republican candidate for governor, Kari Lake, and state Rep. Mark Finchem (R), a candidate for Arizona secretary of state, challenging Arizona’s use of electronic voting machines. The plaintiffs allege that Arizona’s use of electronic voting machines violates their fundamental right to vote guaranteed by the U.S. Constitution and Arizona law because “the vote tallies reported by electronic voting machines cannot, without objective evaluation, be trusted to accurately show which candidates actually received the most votes.” The complaint suggests that, because electronic machines are often connected to the internet and use software that is not publicly disclosed, the machines are “inherently vulnerable” to cyberattacks and voting fraud. The plaintiffs focus much of their complaint on Dominion voting machines, a big focal point of Big Lie supporters following the 2020 election. The lawsuit asks the court to ban the use of electronic voting machines in Arizona and require that voters fill out paper ballots that are hand counted in future elections. Litigation is ongoing.

A hearing on the defendants’ motion to dismiss and the plaintiffs’ motion for a preliminary injunction was held on July 21. Following the hearing, the judge dismissed the case and denied the plaintiffs’ motion for a preliminary injunction. On Sept. 14, the plaintiffs filed a notice of appeal in the 9th U.S. Circuit Court of Appeals. On Oct. 16, the 9th Circuit affirmed the dismissal of Lake’s lawsuit.
W. Kevin Vicklund

Post by W. Kevin Vicklund »

Just another Smackdown Monday...
jcolvin2
Verified:

Post by jcolvin2 »

The Ninth Circuit opinion:
Lake Finchem v Fontes CA9 2023-10-16
p0rtia

Post by p0rtia »

Thanks! :thumbsup:
Frater I*I
Verified: ✅Verified Devilish Hyena

Post by Frater I*I »

W. Kevin Vicklund wrote: Mon Oct 16, 2023 3:26 pm Just another Smackdown Monday...
Wasn't that an Bangles song....

I'll come in again...
"He sewed his eyes shut because he is afraid to see, He tries to tell me what I put inside of me
He's got the answers to ease my curiosity, He dreamed a god up and called it Christianity"

Trent Reznor
W. Kevin Vicklund

Post by W. Kevin Vicklund »

Frater I*I wrote: Mon Oct 16, 2023 5:25 pm
W. Kevin Vicklund wrote: Mon Oct 16, 2023 3:26 pm Just another Smackdown Monday...
Wasn't that an Bangles song....

I'll come in again...
I filked it a few weeks back ("Just Another Smackdown Friday") in another thread
bob

Post by bob »

Lake's throwing paper at the Arizona Bar. :yawn:

Ironically, it is about Governor Lake seeking the Senate seat. Lake's defense is (really!) that she hasn't yet officially filed anything for the 2024 election.
Image ImageImage
raison de arizona

IMG_6159.jpeg
IMG_6159.jpeg (129.45 KiB) Viewed 4149 times
RTH10260
Verified: ✔️ Eurobot

Post by RTH10260 »

:confuzzled: :confuzzled: :confuzzled: a lawsuit against the attorney of opposite party cause they communicated with her attorney :?: Does she at least have a different lawyer at hand, or is her lawyer representing her over his own hurt feelings : :?:

:think:
Luke

Post by Luke »

Here's your Feel Good story of the week.

Votebeat encourages and allows republishing, followed the guidelines with the tags before and after the story.

This article was originally published by Votebeat, a nonprofit news organization covering local election administration and voting access.” https://www.votebeat.org/
Cochise County officials who refused to certify election now under investigation by Arizona attorney general
Arizona Attorney General Kris Mayes has subpoenaed the two Republican county supervisors to appear before a grand jury after they refused to certify the 2022 election results.
By Jen Fifield | October 30, 2023, 5:09pm UTC

Arizona Attorney General Kris Mayes is investigating two Cochise County supervisors who refused to certify the county’s midterm election results by the state-required deadline.

Supervisors Tom Crosby and Peggy Judd, both Republicans, were served subpoenas last week by Mayes’ office explaining that they are under investigation and ordering them to appear before the state grand jury on Nov. 13, according to a Votebeat review of Judd’s subpoena and a Herald Review report of Crosby’s subpoena. Judd’s subpoena has not been previously reported.

The subpoenas do not specify the criminal violations that the office is investigating. But Cochise County Supervisor Ann English, the third member of the three-member board and the only Democrat, told Votebeat that she was interviewed Tuesday by an investigator from Mayes’ office who asked her about Crosby and Judd’s refusal to certify the election, along with their push to hand-count all ballots during the county’s post-election audit.

Trial court judges deemed both actions illegal at the time, forcing the officials to vote to certify and blocking the full hand count of ballots. English, who had voted to certify and against moving forward with the full hand count, said she has not been served with a subpoena.

Mayes’ office said it could not divulge the topic of any grand jury investigation, citing a state law that prohibits discussion of grand jury matters.

Mayes’ probe of the southern Arizona county’s attempts to disrupt the midterm election results could deter county officials who may want to do the same during the upcoming presidential election. Former state Attorney General Terry Goddard, a Democrat who had called for an investigation on the supervisors’ refusal to certify the election, was glad to hear it was underway.

“Elected officials don’t just get to pick the laws they want to follow,” he told Votebeat.

The grand jury process is the only way that Arizona law allows attorney generals to pursue a criminal prosecution. It will be up to a grand jury of nine to 16 citizens to decide whether to indict the supervisors. It’s a felony in Arizona for an elections officer to knowingly refuse to perform a duty prescribed to them under state law, or to act in violation of state law. This could be a Class 3 or Class 6 felony, which carry potential jail time and fines.

Lisa Marra, Cochise County’s elections director during the midterm, called Mayes’ investigation “important.” Crosby and Judd sued her personally last year, alleging she was attempting to prevent the full hand count. It’s part of what led her to resign.

“The lesson now is if people or voters or counties violate laws, they will be investigated and prosecuted if it rises to that legal threshold,” Marra, who now works for Secretary of State Adrian Fontes, said in an interview this week. Marra said she hasn’t been interviewed or subpoenaed by Mayes’ office.

Judd said she doesn’t regret her actions, but she does feel misled by the outside legal advice she received from private attorneys. “They all used me,” she said. “And it makes me sad.”

She said she now knows the law and would act differently when faced with a similar decision in 2024.

“I don’t regret a single minute or single word,” she said. “I just know now what’s possible and what’s not possible, and I refuse to go there.”

Crosby did not respond to messages asking him to confirm the subpoena and for comment. It’s unclear whether any other county officials were subpoenaed or interviewed. Marra said she has not been.

Cochise supervisors swayed by GOP push
Cochise was the only county to bend to pressure from GOP leaders and activists from across the state who immediately after Election Day began claiming the results were inaccurate and asking county supervisors not to certify the election. Lawsuits from gubernatorial candidate Kari Lake, attorney general candidate Abraham Hamadeh, and secretary of state candidate Mark Finchem challenging the election results were eventually dismissed due to lack of evidence.

Under Arizona law, county supervisors must vote to certify, or canvass, their county’s election within 20 days of a general election. It’s a ministerial act, which means supervisors have no discretion as to whether to approve the results. The only exception is if there are any missing returns among polling place results — and even that only warrants a temporary postponement. The secretary of state, in turn, is required to certify the statewide election on the fourth Monday after the election.

Crosby and Judd first voted to postpone the county’s canvass until the Nov. 28 deadline, after residents spread unfounded claims that ballot tabulation machines used throughout the state were not properly certified. Kori Lorick, the state elections director, personally provided documentation to the supervisors showing the machines were certified, yet still Judd said at the time that it was “alarming that there was something going on.”

Crosby was also dismissive of Lorick.

“Is she of higher and greater importance than our citizens?” Crosby said.

When the final deadline of Nov. 28 arrived, Crosby and Judd voted against certification. They did so against the advice of the County Attorney’s Office, which had explained to them that they had a non-discretionary duty.

The Secretary of State’s Office, at the time run by now-Gov. Katie Hobbs, then sued the supervisors, who could only rely on private counsel to represent them on the matter, since they had acted against the county attorney’s advice. Their attorney did not appear in court. The trial court judge then forced them to reconvene and vote to certify. They did, but the vote was still 2-0: Crosby did not show up.

Crosby and Judd had also, just prior to the election on Oct. 24, voted to expand the limited post-election hand-count audit of ballots required under state law to a hand count of all ballots.

They did so after a GOP pressure campaign to end the use of tabulation machines, and it was also against the advice of the county attorney, who explicitly said their plan would be illegal.

In fact, Judd said at the time that she was aware she “might go to jail” for her vote.

A judge blocked the plan the day before the election. Yet, for a moment, it appeared County Recorder David Stevens was moving forward anyway when he went around Marra and took the first steps towards a hand-count audit. Stevens’ count never came to be, though.

A state appeals court last week upheld the trial court’s decision that a full hand-count audit is illegal.

Mayes has also opened an investigation into five open meeting law violations by the county supervisors, three of them related to elections. One alleged violation was Crosby and Judd’s decision to sue Marra. The two hired a lawyer to sue her without voting on the matter at a public meeting. They later dropped the lawsuit.

It’s unlikely that Mayes would bring the open meeting law investigations to a grand jury, as state law gives Mayes the power to fine officials for open meeting law violations without a grand jury proceeding.

Judd said she now understands that she should have drawn a firmer line. “When the laws are different and the world is different, maybe we can have hand counting and all the stuff you want,” she said. “But sometimes you just need to say no.”

English said a Mayes investigator questioned her for about 15 minutes on both the refusal to certify and the lawsuit related to the push to hand-count all ballots. One of the questions, she said, was about how many times her fellow supervisors refused to certify before the judge forced them to.

The grand jury subpoena told Crosby and Judd that they will be asked questions and may be asked to produce records and documents. They were advised they can have an attorney present to represent them.

Judd said that County Attorney Brian McIntyre has told her he will not represent her.

Under state law, public officials and employees can’t be held personally liable for following the advice of their attorney. But in this case, the supervisors went against the county attorney’s advice.

Former prosecutors call for investigation
Mayes’ investigation of Crosby and Judd comes as she also investigates the state’s fake electors plot to overturn the 2020 election results. Her investigation has expanded to consider Trump allies’ pressures on local elected officials, according to The Washington Post.

Mayes first took office in January. Her predecessor, former Republican Attorney General Mark Brnovich had not opened an investigation into these matters.

Brnovich was in his final months in office during the midterm disruptions in Cochise County. Shortly after, on Dec. 2, Lorick, then the state elections director — working for former secretary of state and now Gov. Katie Hobbs—- wrote him a letter asking him to investigate Crosby and Judd’s failure to certify in a timely manner and hold them accountable.

“Had a court not intervened, the failure of these two Supervisors to uphold their duty would have disenfranchised thousands of Cochise County voters,” Lorick wrote. “This blatant act of defying Arizona’s election laws risks establishing a dangerous precedent that we must discourage.”

Goddard and former Maricopa County Attorney Rick Romley, a Republican, also wrote Brnovich and Cochise County Attorney Brian McIntyre asking them to investigate, writing that the supervisors’ actions threatened “to undo the proper administration and integrity of elections, disenfranchise thousands of voters and potentially even alter the results of some races.”

In an interview this week, Romley said he thinks the public is tired of the “circus performances” surrounding the state’s elections.

“They want their elected officials to be the grownups in the room, to do what is right for their system and to bring stability and honesty for their government,” he said.

Jen Fifield is a reporter for Votebeat based in Arizona. Contact Jen at jfifield@votebeat.org.
https://www.votebeat.org/arizona/2023/1 ... eggy-judd/

“Votebeat is a nonprofit news organization covering local election integrity and voting access. Sign up for their newsletters here https://www.votebeat.org/.”
raison de arizona

It's all the Black guy's fault.
Acyn @Acyn wrote: Lake: You could say Obama was behind the creation and actually elevating ISIS. Obama is responsible for terrorism around the globe with the funding of Israel
bill_g
Verified: ✅ Checked Republic ✓ ᵛᵉʳᶦᶠᶦᵉᵈ

Post by bill_g »

Well, that explains everything though one wonders who was responsible before Obama.
Volkonski
Verified:

Post by Volkonski »

But the GOP members in Congress are rushing to fund Israel even more right now. :confuzzled:
“If everyone fought for their own convictions there would be no war.” ― Leo Tolstoy, War and Peace
Frater I*I
Verified: ✅Verified Devilish Hyena

Post by Frater I*I »

"Obama is responsible for terrorism around the globe"
We are talking about the guy who smoked bin Laden....right??? :confuzzled:
"He sewed his eyes shut because he is afraid to see, He tries to tell me what I put inside of me
He's got the answers to ease my curiosity, He dreamed a god up and called it Christianity"

Trent Reznor
Suranis

Post by Suranis »

raison de arizona wrote: Tue Nov 07, 2023 11:37 am
Acyn @Acyn wrote: Lake: You could say Obama was behind the creation and actually elevating ISIS.
This would be the guy who reduced the territory of ISIS by a third once he decided to fight them, right?
Hic sunt dracones
neeneko

Post by neeneko »

Volkonski wrote: Tue Nov 07, 2023 11:57 am But the GOP members in Congress are rushing to fund Israel even more right now. :confuzzled:
Ah, but that is differnt! GoP money is going to bring the rapture closer by hastening the final war, while Obama money was just delaying it.
raison de arizona

Ron Filipkowski @RonFilipkowski wrote: Great exchange here between Tim Miller and Kari Lake. Making points on serious topics with some humor. My kind of interview.

Return to “Governors & State Elections”