Spring forward.
To delete this message, click the X at top right.

Still not 'duly elected' Arizona Governor -- Kari Lake, TFG Endorsee

Luke
Location: @orly_licious With Pete Buttigieg and the other "open and defiant homosexuals" --Bryan Fischer AFA

Post by Luke »

Dammit Kate, that would have been perfect for Foggy, he would have won! :mad:

And thanks Git. OK on the timing -- as long as this doesn't interfere with RyRy's Anti-vaxxer grievance fest which he is honored to attend.

Lt Root Beer of the Mighty 699th. Fogbow 💙s titular Mama June in Fogbow's Favourite Show™ Mama June: From Not To Hot! Fogbow's Theme Song™ Edith Massey's "I Got The Evidence!" https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C5jDHZd0JAg
noblepa

Post by noblepa »

bob wrote: Tue Mar 21, 2023 4:43 pm
Chilidog wrote: Tue Mar 21, 2023 4:31 pm I kinda hope that they do accept it, then reject all her claims in clear, no-nonsense ruling.

Otherwise, every future election is just going to be a rinse / repeat cycle of BS
Supreme courts Courts of last resort aren't in the business of granting review just to say the lower court was correct.

Regardless of what SCOAZ does, Lake and her ilk will still clog the courts following future elections. Granting review will just continue her grift.
Denying a review will be just as good for her grifting, maybe better.

She can rant and rave about the corruption reaching all the way to SCOAZ. She can beg for money to elect "Patriots" who will change the laws and pass constitutional amendments to prevent the travesty of justice from being repeated.

She may claim that she is going to appeal to SCOTUS. Send money to help.
Grumpy Git
Verified:

Post by Grumpy Git »

noblepa wrote: Tue Mar 21, 2023 5:31 pm
She may claim that she is going to appeal to SCOTUS. Send money to help.
Mike Lindell is helping with her legal fees, and he's said repeatedly, if they fail at this hurdle, then they will take it to SCOTUS.

Grifting all the way!
Gregg

Post by Gregg »

Mike is helping, but he quit using his own money (I think 'cause he's running out), instead taking his own donations to the "Lindell Legal Offense Fund", so named I think because it's offensive to the legal system. :bag:
Supreme Commander, Imperial Illuminati Air Force
:dog:

You don't have to consent, but I'm gonna tase you anyway.
bob

Post by bob »

Grumpy Git wrote: Tue Mar 21, 2023 5:38 pmMike Lindell is helping with her legal fees, and he's said repeatedly, if they fail at this hurdle, then they will take it to SCOTUS.

Grifting all the way!
Of course they'll go to SCOTUS.

But the girfts do taper off a bit if there's nothing immediate in front of the marks. Generalized "I need your money to lobby the Legislature" isn't as sexy as "I've got a case at SCOTUS RIGHT NOW!!!1!"

The Brunson Grifters are learning this; they are stringing along their marks with mail being delivered TO SCOTUS!!!1!
Image ImageImage
northland10
Verified: ✅ I'm me.

Post by northland10 »

bob wrote: Tue Mar 21, 2023 5:55 pm
Grumpy Git wrote: Tue Mar 21, 2023 5:38 pmMike Lindell is helping with her legal fees, and he's said repeatedly, if they fail at this hurdle, then they will take it to SCOTUS.

Grifting all the way!
Of course they'll go to SCOTUS.

But the girfts do taper off a bit if there's nothing immediate in front of the marks. Generalized "I need your money to lobby the Legislature" isn't as sexy as "I've got a case at SCOTUS RIGHT NOW!!!1!"

The Brunson Grifters are learning this; they are stringing along their marks with mail being delivered TO SCOTUS!!!1!
Speaking of the Brunsons. They can stop grifting for SCOTUS and start grifting for the other Brunson case in the 10th. Loy's case was dismissed by the District of Utah today. Remember to slowly breathe to help get over that shock.

viewtopic.php?p=181754#p181754
101010 :towel:
Grumpy Git
Verified:

Mark Finchem, new sanctions on the way?

Post by Grumpy Git »

One of Arizona's other loons Mark Finchem, may be sanctioned.

Now-Secretary of State Adrian Fontes is asking the Court to hold defeated candidate Mark Finchem responsible for more than $67,000 in sanctions for filing what the judge has determined to be a "bad faith" Election Contest.

Finchem (and/or others) are also potentially on the hook for sanctions in two other cases - one alleging a former legislative colleague defamed him regarding January 6, and another where Finchem and Lake sued to hand count all Arizona ballots while wrongly claiming that Arizona does not use paper ballots.

https://arizonaslaw.blogspot.com/2023/0 ... ontes.html

Surely these sanctions need to be for much higher amounts, right across your country, to deter these crazies from wasting courts time. Finchem probably grifted more than $67,000, or just asked his buddy Mike Lindell to cover it.
realist

Post by realist »

bob wrote: Tue Mar 21, 2023 4:43 pm
Chilidog wrote: Tue Mar 21, 2023 4:31 pm I kinda hope that they do accept it, then reject all her claims in clear, no-nonsense ruling.

Otherwise, every future election is just going to be a rinse / repeat cycle of BS
Supreme courts Courts of last resort aren't in the business of granting review just to say the lower court was correct.

Regardless of what SCOAZ does, Lake and her ilk will still clog the courts following future elections. Granting review will just continue her grift.
:yeahthat:
Image X 4
Image X 32
Grumpy Git
Verified:

Kari Lake ruling

Post by Grumpy Git »

BREAKING: AZ Supreme Court Sends Kari Lake Case Back To Trial Court To Look At Whether Maricopa County Followed Signature Verification Policies In 2022; Denies Review Of Rest Of Appeal
:crying:
The Arizona Supreme Court sent one piece of Kari Lake's Election Contest appeal back to Superior Court this evening. They refused to look at the rest of her appeal. Lake lost her effort to overturn the Arizona Governor's race results after a 2-day trial, and the Court of Appeals affirmed that judge's decision.

The issue to be re-considered is whether Maricopa County followed signature verification policies in the 2022 election. Judge Peter Thompson had found that the doctrine of laches applied and refused to consider the issue.

More:
https://arizonaslaw.blogspot.com/2023/0 ... -kari.html
Chilidog

Post by Chilidog »

Ruing posted.
Chilidog

Post by Chilidog »

The Arizona Supreme Court has granted Lake a review of one of her seven claims challenging lower-court rulings that tossed out her election contest.
Author: 12News/AP
Published: 6:01 PM MST March 22, 2023
Updated: 6:30 PM MST March 22, 2023
ARIZONA, USA — Editor's Note: The above video is from an earlier broadcast.
Kari Lake's legal challenge of her election defeat to Gov. Katie Hobbs last November is still alive - but barely.
The Arizona Supreme Court has granted Lake a review of one of her seven claims challenging lower-court rulings that tossed out her election contest.

That one claim regarding the signature verification policies goes back to a trial court for further hearings.
In its ruling, the court said it is considering sanctioning Lake for claiming there were 35,563 unaccounted-for ballots, which proved not to be true.
https://www.12news.com/article/news/pol ... ltorol8uc7
bob

Post by bob »

SCOAZ's order. N.b.:
SCOAZ wrote:IT IS FURTHER ORDERED Petitioner may file a response and Respondents may file a reply to Respondents’ Motions for Sanctions in accordance with ARCAP Rule 6(a)(2). The parties shall address as a basis for sanctions only Petitioner’s factual claims in her Petition for Review (i.e., that the Court of Appeals should have considered “the undisputed fact that 35,563 unaccounted for ballots were added to the total of ballots at a third party processing facility”), and not legal arguments (i.e., pertaining to the burden of proof or purported conflict in the lower courts). The record does not reflect that 35,563 unaccounted ballots were added to the total count. The motions for sanctions will be considered in due course.
:doh:
Image ImageImage
Chilidog

Post by Chilidog »

So what's next? It goes back to Thompson?

Then what?

Doesn't lake still have to prove that there were ballots that were NOT signed by the voter?
northland10
Verified: ✅ I'm me.

Post by northland10 »

Chilidog wrote: Thu Mar 23, 2023 12:43 am So what's next? It goes back to Thompson?

Then what?
Grifting.
101010 :towel:
Chilidog

Post by Chilidog »

As I help me out here.

The AZSC wrote:
IT IS FURTHER ORDERED remanding to the trial court to determine whether the claim that Maricopa County failed to comply with A.R.S. § 16-550(A) fails to state a claim pursuant to Ariz. R. Civ. P. 12(b)(6) for reasons other than laches, or, whether Petitioner can prove her claim as alleged pursuant to A.R.S. § 16-672 and establish that “votes [were] affected ‘in sufficient numbers to alter the outcome of the election’” based on a “competent mathematical basis to conclude that the outcome would plausibly have been different, not simply an untethered assertion of uncertainty.” (Opinion ¶ 11.)
Is it me or is the SC tipping their hand by telling the trial court to rule that Lake failed to state a claim for which relief can be granted?
Chilidog

Post by Chilidog »

To expound further on this
the claim that Maricopa County failed to comply with A.R.S. § 16-550(A)

A.R.S. § 16-550(A) Is an entirely subjective standard. How is a judge supposed to grant relief?
on receipt of the envelope containing the early ballot and the ballot affidavit, the county recorder or other officer in charge of elections shall compare the signatures thereon with the signature of the elector on the elector's registration record. If the signature is inconsistent with the elector's signature on the elector's registration record, the county recorder or other officer in charge of elections shall make reasonable efforts to contact the voter, advise the voter of the inconsistent signature and allow the voter to correct or the county to confirm the inconsistent signature.
The guidelines are very broad.

https://azsos.gov/sites/default/files/A ... _Guide.pdf
W. Kevin Vicklund

Post by W. Kevin Vicklund »

Chilidog wrote: Thu Mar 23, 2023 11:16 am As I help me out here.

The AZSC wrote:
IT IS FURTHER ORDERED remanding to the trial court to determine whether the claim that Maricopa County failed to comply with A.R.S. § 16-550(A) fails to state a claim pursuant to Ariz. R. Civ. P. 12(b)(6) for reasons other than laches, or, whether Petitioner can prove her claim as alleged pursuant to A.R.S. § 16-672 and establish that “votes [were] affected ‘in sufficient numbers to alter the outcome of the election’” based on a “competent mathematical basis to conclude that the outcome would plausibly have been different, not simply an untethered assertion of uncertainty.” (Opinion ¶ 11.)
Is it me or is the SC tipping their hand by telling the trial court to rule that Lake failed to state a claim for which relief can be granted?
Nah, that's pretty standard for a remand. The trial court got the original ruling wrong, the appeal court is telling them what grounds they need to explore. It is also based on the alternative arguments the defense presented. It's basically providing a framework for the trial court so it doesn't have to guess at what to do next, while still putting the onus on the trial court to make the determination.
Reality Check
Verified: ✅ Curmudgeon

Post by Reality Check »

Does anyone know if Arizona uses automated signature matching technology? I seem to recall that they do not. I believe they have a two level process where ballots kicked out on first review go to more highly trained people for review. I also seem to recall that Maricopa made use of signatures from other sources like drivers' licenses when they could not determine a match to the voter registration signature.

I am sure this will all come out at the retrial. I see this going on until summer with the new trial and the subsequent appeals. I know that if my vote were kicked out on a signature mismatch I would be one pissed off puppy. I would guess the number of true fraudulent early ballots is very low and probably consists situations like relatives submitting ballots for elderly persons. There might also be cases where voters developed medical conditions like a stroke which altered the appearance of their signatures.
p0rtia

Post by p0rtia »

Regarding signature authorization:

My recollection from the trial is the same as yours. Of course Lake's goons made a big deal about the zillions of ballots the lesser-trained checkers kicked out.
bob

Post by bob »

SCOAZ wrote:IT IS FURTHER ORDERED remanding to the trial court to determine whether the claim that Maricopa County failed to comply with A.R.S. § 16-550(A) fails to state a claim pursuant to Ariz. R. Civ. P. 12(b)(6) for reasons other than laches, or, whether Petitioner can prove her claim as alleged pursuant to A.R.S. § 16-672 and establish that “votes [were] affected ‘in sufficient numbers to alter the outcome of the election’” based on a “competent mathematical basis to conclude that the outcome would plausibly have been different, not simply an untethered assertion of uncertainty.” (Opinion ¶ 11.)
To me, this is the tell: SCOAZ is saying Lake will need a real expert, not some loon just making it up. So, you sore loser, don't think a rerun of the evidence already presented is going to change the verdict.

And "would plausibly have been different, not simply an untethered assertion of uncertainty" is a second :kickface: .

Meanwhile:

Gillar getting absolutely roasted in the replies. :popcorn:
Image ImageImage
raison de arizona
Verified: ✔️ he/him/his

Post by raison de arizona »

051EB2AE-8503-4B94-8940-8994A05FBBBF.jpeg
051EB2AE-8503-4B94-8940-8994A05FBBBF.jpeg (304.88 KiB) Viewed 490 times
“Remember, democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet that did not commit suicide.” —John Adams
bob

Post by bob »

As always, "if" is doing all the work.

Bonus:

:towel:
Image ImageImage
bob

Post by bob »

AZ law: BREAKING UPDATE: Schedule Quickly Set On Kari Lake's Signature Verification Challenge - Back To the Motion To Dismiss Stage:
Superior Court Judge Peter Thompson quickly decided how to proceed on the Supreme Court's Order to revisit Kari Lake's Count challenging whether Maricopa County abided by signature verification policies on early (mail-in) ballots.

He is re-setting the clock to the defendants' Motions To Dismiss stage. In December, he dismissed the Count based on his understanding that it violated the legal concept of laches - that Lake was challenging the signature verification *policy* and could have done that *before* the election.

The Supreme Court determined yesterday that her challenge was to whether the policies were *followed* in the 2022 election.

Thompson is giving the parties until next Tuesday morning to file a SUPPLEMENT to the Motion to Dismiss filings. He specifically stated it should be a "memorandum of law" and not setting forth facts (because that would not be appropriate at the MTD stage).

If he then wants to hear oral arguments, that will take place on March 30, 9am.

Thompson could re-dismiss the Count III, or he could deny the Motions to Dismiss it, and set evidentiary proceedings.
Simultaneous briefing due at 8 A.M. on March 28; no replies.
Image ImageImage
Gregg

Post by Gregg »

So, by next week Governor Delusional will be sworn in?
Supreme Commander, Imperial Illuminati Air Force
:dog:

You don't have to consent, but I'm gonna tase you anyway.
Suranis

Post by Suranis »

bob wrote: Thu Mar 23, 2023 3:00 pm

It might be unpopular but I like that picture of her. She looks very well without the "Vicks Vaporub across the Lens vision" she usually has herself videoed with.

Its possible they have altered it to make her look older, but I think it makes her look distinguished, what they used to call a handsome woman.
Hic sunt dracones

Return to “Governors & State Elections”