Still not 'duly elected' Arizona Governor -- Kari Lake, TFG Endorsee

Chilidog

Post by Chilidog »

So I'm thinking the judge is going to drop this at 11:59 wedsday night.
Luke
Location: @orly_licious With Pete Buttigieg and the other "open and defiant homosexuals" --Bryan Fischer AFA

Post by Luke »

HUGE BREAKING!

Jeremy Duda @jeremyduda 9m
BREAKING: Judge Thompson rejects @KariLake ’s claim that Maricopa County didn’t properly conduct signature verification of ballot affidavit signatures as required by law, affirms @katiehobbs’ election as governor.

Jeremy Duda @jeremyduda 16m
Defendants (Maricopa County, @GovernorHobbs and @AZSecretary) have until 5pm Wednesday to file motions for costs against Lake.

Lt Root Beer of the Mighty 699th. Fogbow 💙s titular Mama June in Fogbow's Favourite Show™ Mama June: From Not To Hot! Fogbow's Theme Song™ Edith Massey's "I Got The Evidence!" https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C5jDHZd0JAg
much ado

Post by much ado »

Please tell me this is the end of it.

Please make it stop.

ETA: I guess, minimally, this decision will be appealled.
Volkonski
Verified:

Post by Volkonski »

So far so good. :biggrin:
“If everyone fought for their own convictions there would be no war.” ― Leo Tolstoy, War and Peace
Reality Check
Verified: ✅ Curmudgeon

Post by Reality Check »

I started to pick tonight for a ruling. :biggrin: Let's hope that Judge Thompson imposes costs this time.
somerset

Post by somerset »

https://www.azcentral.com/story/news/po ... 244231007/

Judge rules against Kari Lake, affirms Hobbs as AZ governor in election signature verification trial
A Maricopa County judge has affirmed — again — Democratic Gov. Katie Hobbs' win in November and rejected Republican Kari Lake's claims that improper signature verification and misconduct impacted the outcome.

The ruling comes shortly after Maricopa County Superior Court Judge Peter Thompson heard three days of testimony and argument in his Mesa courtroom May 17-19. That proceeding, an unusual second trial in Lake's legal challenge to her November loss to Hobbs, was limited to a single claim about signature verification.

Lake's legal team argued it could prove signatures were examined in a matter of seconds, so short a timeframe it did not count as verification under state law. Thompson, in a Monday night ruling, disagreed.

"Accepting that argument would require the court to re-write not only the (Election Procedures Manual) but Arizona law to insert a minimum time for signature verification and specify the variables to be considered in the process," he wrote.
The article has a link to the full ruling

https://www.documentcloud.org/documents ... 222023-pdf
Greatgrey
Verified: 💲8️⃣

Post by Greatgrey »

Reality Check wrote: Mon May 22, 2023 10:49 pm I started to pick tonight for a ruling. :biggrin: Let's hope that Judge Thompson imposes costs this time.

He heard ya

IMG_9225.jpeg
IMG_9225.jpeg (417.79 KiB) Viewed 910 times
What's the Frequency, Kenneth?
raison de arizona
Verified: ✔️ he/him/his

Post by raison de arizona »

Maricopa County Supervisor
Statement from Chairman Hickman on Lake v. Hobbs Case

Wild claims of rigged elections may generate media attention and fundraising pleas, but they do not win court cases. When “bombshells” and “smoking guns” are not backed up by facts, they fail in court. This is justice, and this is what happened today in Kari Lake’s election contest.

For the past six months, Ms. Lake has uttered false claims, disparaging county staff and elected officials in her attempt to get a judge to discard the valid votes of hundreds of thousands of Arizona voters. Judge Thompson stuck to the requirement laid out by the Arizona Supreme Court that Ms. Lake would have to provide “clear and convincing evidence” that signature verification did not take place.

Judge Thompson stated in his ruling:

“Plaintiff’s evidence and arguments do not clear the bar.”

“This evidence is, in its own right, clear indicia that the comparative process was undertaken in compliance with the statute...”

More than 1.56 million Maricopa County voters cast a ballot in the November midterm, surpassing statewide turnout and nearly every midterm turnout for the last 50 years. All voters were provided the opportunity to vote, and all legal votes were counted. We will continue to share accurate information on JustTheFacts.vote.
https://content.govdelivery.com/account ... ns/35c0661
“Remember, democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet that did not commit suicide.” —John Adams
Luke
Location: @orly_licious With Pete Buttigieg and the other "open and defiant homosexuals" --Bryan Fischer AFA

Post by Luke »

Of course, more grifting and appealing. Queen of the Losers.

Liked this from Judge Thompson:

#LakeVHobbs Footnote 1 on Pg 3 of Judge Thompson's Ruling highlights #KariLake's futility:
1 ...even if the Court had a basis for disqualifying 70K ballots...given mathematical computation set forth in her...Motion to Dismiss, Plaintiff would not prevail.
@arizonaslaw @tomryanlaw

Footnote 1.JPG
Footnote 1.JPG (103.61 KiB) Viewed 884 times

Lt Root Beer of the Mighty 699th. Fogbow 💙s titular Mama June in Fogbow's Favourite Show™ Mama June: From Not To Hot! Fogbow's Theme Song™ Edith Massey's "I Got The Evidence!" https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C5jDHZd0JAg
Luke

Post by Luke »

To Kari Lake's "Rapid Response Director" (who recently got married, looks like Kari attended):
Kari Lake Lost in District Court.
Kari Lake Lost in Court of Appeals.
Kari Lake Lost all but 1 claim in Arizona Supreme Court, remanded.
Kari Lake Lost again in District Court.
What part of losing doesn't Kari Lake understand? And will the marks keep sending money to lose again?

To Bryan Blehm who was ranting at Garrett Archer:

They really need to try Orly Taitz for the next appeal. Couldn't do any worse.
Chilidog

Post by Chilidog »

orlylicious wrote: Tue May 23, 2023 12:15 am Liked this from Judge Thompson:

#LakeVHobbs Footnote 1 on Pg 3 of Judge Thompson's Ruling highlights #KariLake's futility:
1 ...even if the Court had a basis for disqualifying 70K ballots...given mathematical computation set forth in her...Motion to Dismiss, Plaintiff would not prevail.
@arizonaslaw @tomryanlaw

Footnote 1.JPG

Told you all.
bob

Post by bob »

much ado wrote: Mon May 22, 2023 10:18 pm Please tell me this is the end of it.

Please make it stop.

ETA: I guess, minimally, this decision will be appealled.
More appeals means more grift.

With a well-timed cert. petition, SCOTUS won't deny (the first time) until October.
Image ImageImage
Grumpy Git
Verified:

Post by Grumpy Git »

I'm laughing my arse off this morning at the great news about court's decision.

The MAGA loons will be having a serious meltdown today, looking forward to sharing this graphic with them. :rotflmao:

loserlake.png
loserlake.png (91.21 KiB) Viewed 805 times
Tiredretiredlawyer
Verified: ✅🐴🐎🦄🌻5000 posts and counting

Post by Tiredretiredlawyer »

Methinks the judge wanted to make his ruling "clear and convincing" to the appellate court. :biggrin:
"Mickey Mouse and I grew up together." - Ruthie Tompson, Disney animation checker and scene planner and one of the first women to become a member of the International Photographers Union in 1952.
Atticus Finch

Post by Atticus Finch »

Does that mean that Kari can't be governor and senator in 2025?
You don't need religion to have morals. If you can't determine right from wrong then you lack empathy, not religion.
Luke

Post by Luke »

That is true, Git, and it's delicious.

Had one jughead take offense to calling it a grift so included some articles (including the conservative Washington Examiner). The jughead moved goalposts, dropped red herrings and went into whataboutism so had to block him, the butthurt built up as wax in his ears and he was reduced to whiny propaganda. I like debating people who have opposite viewpoints, but when they are stuck on stupid it's not worth it. And I've learned they then go through my feed and post other stoopid stuff.

https://www.azmirror.com/2023/01/24/ele ... ction-day/

https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/news ... ising-loss

Meanwhile, good Fogbow citizens, I bring you great news of a NEW ALLIANCE: Leo Donofrio and Ryan L. Heath! They are united in changing the world. Leo really digs Ryan's brilliant legal knowledge, and Ryan... well, idk what Ryan's getting out of it. Money? A few more followers? Leo has 5,497 Followers, Ryan has 3,414 Followers (big jump from a few months ago although I think many are comedy seekers).

Leo Appeal 1.JPG
Leo Appeal 1.JPG (116.79 KiB) Viewed 662 times

Leo Appeal.JPG
Leo Appeal.JPG (75.7 KiB) Viewed 662 times

Hidden Content
This board requires you to be registered and logged-in to view hidden content.

They were spotted flying to a Kari Lake strategy meeting --

AGD.jpg
AGD.jpg (34.26 KiB) Viewed 662 times
northland10
Verified: ✅ I'm me.

Post by northland10 »

Wasn't the Pidge, Stephen Pidgeon, and Leo hit with something like a 200K fine by a court years ago? I would love to see a repeat with Ryan and the Paraclete.
101010 :towel:
raison de arizona

“Remember, democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet that did not commit suicide.” —John Adams
Luke

Post by Luke »

BONUS: Lake Superior weighs in :lol:

Mike 🟧 🟦 @LyonsDenPHX 9m
@LakeSuperior always comes with the 🔥🔥🔥

Quote Tweet
Lake Superior @LakeSuperior 1h
I've never seen a lake lose more than Kari Lake.
bob

Post by bob »

northland10 wrote: Tue May 23, 2023 1:42 pm Wasn't the Pidge, Stephen Pidgeon, and Leo hit with something like a 200K fine by a court years ago?
The Pidge and the Parcelete did briefly form a firm to sue the Old Car Co. They lost; badly.

But a quick skim of OldBow suggests it was "only" $128k.

This loss and these sanctions ushered in Donofrio's retirement. Guess he's learned nothing in the decade since.
Image ImageImage
bob

Post by bob »

I don't know what that really means.* By all accounts, she'll first have to exhaust her state court remedies, i.e., get a denial from SCOAZ.

But maybe she'll hire Donofrio to pull some Rule 11 magickry? :towel:

* Other than "SEND MONEY!", of course.
Image ImageImage
Frater I*I
Verified: ✅Verified Devilish Hyena

Post by Frater I*I »

orlylicious wrote: Tue May 23, 2023 1:15 am :snippity:

They really need to try Orly Taitz for the next appeal. Couldn't do any worse.

No...I'm quite sure that she could argue this into a death penalty case...
"He sewed his eyes shut because he is afraid to see, He tries to tell me what I put inside of me
He's got the answers to ease my curiosity, He dreamed a god up and called it Christianity"

Trent Reznor
raison de arizona

Lake says she's not announcing a run for Senate...today.
https://twitter.com/Garrett_Archer/stat ... 98080?s=20
The AZ - abc15 - Data Guru @Garrett_Archer wrote: Lake is booed by the gaggle for accusing @brahmresnik for not saying the pledge of allegiance.

I've never heard a reaction from a gaggle before.
Luke

Post by Luke »

Brahm Resnik @brahmresnik 49m
NOW ⁦@KariLake⁩ says she’s organizing ‘largest ballot-chasing operation’ in the country. Got $1 million committed. That’s the BIG announcement. (Mark Finchem also behind her at newser.)

Brahm Resnik @brahmresnik 46m
MORE Lake says she will keep fighting court case. Her lawyers have lost 5 rulings w 4 judges in 2 court systems. Lawyers sanctioned twice in 2 different courts for misleading judges.

raison de arizona

The AZ - abc15 - Data Guru @Garrett_Archer wrote: Summary: Kari Lake announced a ballot chasing operation Today. This is typically something done by state parties via victory money from RNC/DNC. It's purpose is to simply contact voters to make sure they cast their ballot.
I don't like being contacted about who I voted for or even whether I voted. It's nobody's business but mine. We've received the same thing from the Dems recently.
► Show Spoiler

Return to “Governors & State Elections”