Spring forward.
To delete this message, click the X at top right.

Still not 'duly elected' Arizona Governor -- Kari Lake, TFG Endorsee

pipistrelle

Re: Arizona Governor -- TFG Endorsee

Post by pipistrelle »

:crazy:

I hope she pissed off as many Australians as possible.
keith
Occupation: Retired Computer Systems Analyst Project Manager Super Coder
Verified: ✅lunatic

Post by keith »

Dr. Ken wrote: Sun Mar 13, 2022 10:24 pm
FYI Kari:

1) Australia has more guns now than it did before the buy back. The difference is that they are in the hands of people who have a legitimate need, and those guns are fit for that particular need, not for waging war in the streets.

2) There are not and never have been "internment camps" for people with Covid. People with infectious diseases are not "interred" they are "quarantined" and the quarantine is managed in hotels not camps. It has been noted that hotels are not really suited for infectious disease quarantine purposes, and purpose built quarantine hospital stations are being considered for future crisis conditions. Australia's previous quarantine hospitals were closed down in the 1990's and sold off along with many government schools, and the water, electricity, and gas supply systems in a money grab by conservative governments.
Has everybody heard about the bird?
RTH10260
Verified: ✔️ Eurobot

Post by RTH10260 »

Dr. Ken wrote: Sun Mar 13, 2022 10:24 pm https:// twitter.com/RonFilipkowski/status/1503171879129001992
Ron Filipkowski 🇺🇦 @RonFilipkowski
Trump-endorsed AZ Gov candidate Kari Lake sat down for interview with ‘60 Minutes Australia,’ which aired tonight. Things when downhill fast when she was asked if she agreed with Trump that J6 defendants should get pardoned. She ends up storming off the set.

1:51 AM · Mar 14, 2022
:o internment camps for covid ? How does this lady think other countries are missing an equivalent to a Constitution? And why would anyone need a 2nd Amendment elsewhere but in the US to keep the gun manufacturers happy. Now how about that "well regulated militia" thingy?
Phoenix520
Verified:

Post by Phoenix520 »

She’s and her elk are why the rest of the world thinks we’re ALL stupid. And rude. Ugly Americans.
pipistrelle

Post by pipistrelle »

Phoenix520 wrote: Mon Mar 14, 2022 3:07 pm She’s and her elk are why the rest of the world thinks we’re ALL stupid. And rude. Ugly Americans.
I appreciated the condescending “I feel sorry for you.”

And the idea the second amendment is for insurrection purposes. :crazy:
p0rtia

Post by p0rtia »

pipistrelle wrote: Mon Mar 14, 2022 3:15 pm
Phoenix520 wrote: Mon Mar 14, 2022 3:07 pm She’s and her elk are why the rest of the world thinks we’re ALL stupid. And rude. Ugly Americans.
I appreciated the condescending “I feel sorry for you.”

And the idea the second amendment is for insurrection purposes. :crazy:
Yeah. Same old script. She was really bad at it, wasn't she.
raison de arizona
Verified: ✔️ he/him/his

Post by raison de arizona »

p0rtia wrote: Mon Mar 14, 2022 7:55 pmYeah. Same old script. She was really bad at it, wasn't she.
Lake has one trick and one trick only: attack the interviewer. Sometimes it works for her, especially with a younger, less experienced interviewer. Sometimes it doesn’t work and she has to storm out. :lol:
“Remember, democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet that did not commit suicide.” —John Adams
p0rtia

Post by p0rtia »

raison de arizona wrote: Mon Mar 14, 2022 8:14 pm
p0rtia wrote: Mon Mar 14, 2022 7:55 pmYeah. Same old script. She was really bad at it, wasn't she.
Lake has one trick and one trick only: attack the interviewer. Sometimes it works for her, especially with a younger, less experienced interviewer. Sometimes it doesn’t work and she has to storm out. :lol:
Brings to mind the Squidley storm-out. That was a classic. No more believable, but full of faux dignity and the 1000 mile Squidley stare.
Frater I*I
Verified: ✅Verified Devilish Hyena

Post by Frater I*I »

p0rtia wrote: Mon Mar 14, 2022 8:30 pm
raison de arizona wrote: Mon Mar 14, 2022 8:14 pm
Brings to mind the Squidley storm-out. That was a classic. No more believable, but full of faux dignity and the 1000 mile Squidley stare.
Ohhhhhhhh where can I find that one.... :biggrin:
"He sewed his eyes shut because he is afraid to see, He tries to tell me what I put inside of me
He's got the answers to ease my curiosity, He dreamed a god up and called it Christianity"

Trent Reznor
p0rtia

Post by p0rtia »

:biggrin:

Frater I*I
Verified: ✅Verified Devilish Hyena

Post by Frater I*I »

p0rtia wrote: Mon Mar 14, 2022 9:12 pm :biggrin:

She has the glass stare of a stuffed animal that moves, not spark of intelligence in those eyes, her blinking makes her a live action Teddy Ruxpin...
"He sewed his eyes shut because he is afraid to see, He tries to tell me what I put inside of me
He's got the answers to ease my curiosity, He dreamed a god up and called it Christianity"

Trent Reznor
p0rtia

Post by p0rtia »

Frater I*I wrote: Mon Mar 14, 2022 10:15 pm
She has the glass stare of a stuffed animal that moves, not spark of intelligence in those eyes, her blinking makes her a live action Teddy Ruxpin...
I know, right? It fascinates me. She's really good at it, whatever it is. I always wonder, "who does she think she's kidding?" Which always leads me to the conclusion that the MAGA crowd has zero discrimination, cognitive function, or ability to detect the scam.
raison de arizona

Kari Lake for AZ Governor @KariLake wrote: Joe Biden needs to end mask mandates now.

As Governor I would make Arizona skies mask-free. Any reports of airlines forcing masks in Arizona airspace would be subject to $1,000 fine per incident with a tip line for passengers to report.
This is a fight worth having.
Tom Ryan @tomryanlaw wrote: Tell me you don’t know anything about the Interstate Commerce Clause of the US Constitution without actually saying so.
https://twitter.com/tomryanlaw/status/1 ... 2910405632
“Remember, democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet that did not commit suicide.” —John Adams
raison de arizona

She's been falling in the polls, I guess the more people see of her, the less they like her. One can hope.
Trump-endorsed candidate for Gov Kari Lake says if elected she will refuse to listen to the fed govt: “When I’m governor, we’re not going to take our cues from Biden, he’s an illegitimate president .. I don’t know why anybody listens to this guy, he shouldn’t even be in the WH.”
raison de arizona

Trump-endorsed candidate for AZ Gov Kari Lake on ivermectin: “It works, I’ve taken it. It’s a wonder drug. Anthony Fauci kept that from us. I’m encouraging any lawman here .. to issue a warrant for Anthony Fauci’s arrest.”
RTH10260

Post by RTH10260 »

Interesting what powers "lawmen" have. She must have studied old stock sheriff kits :cantlook:
raison de arizona

She continues to lead the polls.
Ron Filipkowski 🇺🇦 @RonFilipkowski wrote: Kari Lake says John McCain is still running the AZ GOP: “He ran AZ with an iron fist .. John McCain may be dead, but he’s reaching up from the grave trying to keep power on AZ .. and rarely did he do anything good for the people.”
Also, she used to be singing an entirely different tune.
raison de arizona

She’s completely unhinged.
E235A8E4-18EF-46FA-8893-92E2AA1FB6B0.jpeg
E235A8E4-18EF-46FA-8893-92E2AA1FB6B0.jpeg (416.77 KiB) Viewed 1928 times
RTH10260

Post by RTH10260 »

best match
New Biden administration rule will tie federal education funding to LGBT mandates

By Casey Harper | The Center Square
May 30, 2022

(The Center Square) – An upcoming Biden administration rule change will tie billions of dollars in federal education funding to an array of LGBT policies, forcing school districts and universities to implement controversial rules on issues like transgender athletes in order to receive federal funding.

The U.S. Department of Agriculture said this month it will change how it interprets Title IX prohibitions on discrimination based on sex “to include discrimination based on sexual orientation and gender identity.”

That change means that schools that accept any kind of funding, including students receiving FAFSA or Pell grants or students who receive federally subsidized school lunch funding, will be subject to the new Title IX LGBT interpretation.

“As a result, state and local agencies, program operators and sponsors that receive funds from FNS must investigate allegations of discrimination based on gender identity or sexual orientation,” USDA said in a statement. “Those organizations must also update their non-discrimination policies and signage to include prohibitions against discrimination based on gender identity and sexual orientation.”

This means that schools around the country will be forced to comply with a range of pro-transgender policies in things like sports, housing, locker rooms and bathrooms if they want to continue receiving federal funds. The effort began when President Joe Biden issued an executive order almost immediately upon taking office.

Since then, the administration has been publicly advocating for these policies, but the expected formally published rule change later this year would codify that policy.

“Children should be able to learn without worrying about whether they will be denied access to the restroom, the locker room, or school sports,” the White House said when that order was issued in January of last year.

https://www.thecentersquare.com/nationa ... e1f58.html
Tiredretiredlawyer
Verified: ✅🐴🐎🦄🌻5000 posts and counting

Post by Tiredretiredlawyer »

Way to go, Joe! :clap:
"Mickey Mouse and I grew up together." - Ruthie Tompson, Disney animation checker and scene planner and one of the first women to become a member of the International Photographers Union in 1952.
Volkonski
Verified:

Post by Volkonski »

Biden is right to do this but I fear that the RWNJs will be able to exploit this in short slogans just as Kari Lake is doing.
“If everyone fought for their own convictions there would be no war.” ― Leo Tolstoy, War and Peace
June bug

Post by June bug »

Volkonski wrote: Fri Jun 03, 2022 5:31 pm Biden is right to do this but I fear that the RWNJs will be able to exploit this in short slogans just as Kari Lake is doing.
:yeahthat:
Ben-Prime
Verified: ✅MamaSaysI'mBonaFide

Post by Ben-Prime »

"Biden did a good thing. Here's why that's bad for Biden."
But the sunshine aye shall light the sky,
As round and round we run;
And the truth shall ever come uppermost,
And justice shall be done.

- Charles Mackay, "Eternal Justice"
raison de arizona

Crazy Kari Lake remains in the lead, but the largest block of voters remains "unsure."
p0rtia

Post by p0rtia »

Ben-Prime wrote: Sat Jun 04, 2022 1:24 pm "Biden did a good thing. Here's why that's bad for Biden."
This is the standard reaction on the vast majority of corporate media I listen to. And I only listen to supposedly left-wing corporate media. They only pay attention to their perception of political expediency, as illustrated by the polls*.

Return to “Governors & State Elections”