Spring forward.
To delete this message, click the X at top right.

Still not 'duly elected' Arizona Governor -- Kari Lake, TFG Endorsee

raison de arizona
Verified: ✔️ he/him/his

Re: Arizona Governor -- Kari Lake, TFG Endorsee

Post by raison de arizona »

Great clip, whatta maroon.

Kari Lake War Room @KariLakeWarRoom wrote: This was her bio before
@katiehobbs
announced for Governor.

Before she started pretending she hadn't spent her entire political career on the lunatic fringe of the radical left.

We're very curious about Katie's updated pronouns & whether she still believes Black Lives Matter.
Nasty piece of work, that Kari Lake.
“Remember, democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet that did not commit suicide.” —John Adams
raison de arizona

Classy, as always. Always with the squishy mushroom tops.
Ron Filipkowski 🇺🇦 @RonFilipkowski wrote: Kari Lake says Desantis has ‘BDE,’ (Big Dick Energy), the same kind of BDE that Trump has. “He has the same BDE that we want all of our leaders to have.”
Unspoil at yer own peril.
► Show Spoiler
Liz Dye @5DollarFeminist wrote: This weekend, AZ gubernatorial nominee Kari Lake talked about Trump's Big Dick Energy and Ted Cruz speculated that Elizabeth Warren might have a penis.

Meanwhile, public school librarians are removing Heather Has Two Mommies from the shelves to shield our kids from obscenity.
https://twitter.com/5DollarFeminist/sta ... 4377835520
“Remember, democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet that did not commit suicide.” —John Adams
Slim Cognito
Verified:

Post by Slim Cognito »

Cruz is just upset that Warren's is bigger than his.
Pup Dennis in training to be a guide dog & given to a deserving vet. Thx! ImageImageImage x4
AndyinPA
Verified:

Post by AndyinPA »

:sick:
"Choose your leaders with wisdom and forethought. To be led by a coward is to be controlled by all that the coward fears… To be led by a liar is to ask to be told lies." -Octavia E. Butler
raison de arizona

AndyinPA
Verified:

Post by AndyinPA »

Let me guess. Katie Hobbs has never refused a debate?
"Choose your leaders with wisdom and forethought. To be led by a coward is to be controlled by all that the coward fears… To be led by a liar is to ask to be told lies." -Octavia E. Butler
Phoenix520
Verified:

Post by Phoenix520 »

I don’t know about you but when I make big dick energy press releases about my opponent, I make DAMN sure I get it all right.
If Hobbs thinks she can spend… she has another thing coming.
Tiredretiredlawyer
Verified: ✅🐴🐎🦄🌻5000 posts and counting

Post by Tiredretiredlawyer »

"Mickey Mouse and I grew up together." - Ruthie Tompson, Disney animation checker and scene planner and one of the first women to become a member of the International Photographers Union in 1952.
raison de arizona

Geez, I'm so glad he said that Lake's ideas could turn Arizona into a national joke.

I thought we already were.

:mrgreen:
Tiredretiredlawyer
Verified: ✅🐴🐎🦄🌻5000 posts and counting

Post by Tiredretiredlawyer »

I live to serve.
"Mickey Mouse and I grew up together." - Ruthie Tompson, Disney animation checker and scene planner and one of the first women to become a member of the International Photographers Union in 1952.
Frater I*I
Verified: ✅Verified Devilish Hyena

Post by Frater I*I »

raison de arizona wrote: Wed Aug 24, 2022 10:54 am Geez, I'm so glad he said that Lake's ideas could turn Arizona into a national joke.

I thought we already were.

:mrgreen:
Florida says: "Hold my beer...."
"He sewed his eyes shut because he is afraid to see, He tries to tell me what I put inside of me
He's got the answers to ease my curiosity, He dreamed a god up and called it Christianity"

Trent Reznor
raison de arizona

Brandon Straka.
‘I Am Honored:’ Kari Lake Proudly Accepts Endorsement of Convicted Insurrectionist
The Republican nominee for Arizona governor has a long and controversial list of endorsements.

Kari Lake, who won the Republican nomination for Arizona governor after a hotly contested race earlier this month, has received a number of high-profile endorsements, including one from Donald Trump. Among those endorsements is Brandon Straka, a conservative activist who was arrested over his involvement in the Jan. 6 attack on the US Capitol.
► Show Spoiler
“I am honored to be endorsed by Brandon Straka,” Lake announced on Facebook last month. “A grassroots activist, Brandon woke up to the evils of the radical left and founded the #WalkAway campaign to encourage people to leave the Democratic Party. Brandon is living proof that our America First movement welcomes all.”
:snippity:
Lake, who has frequently rubbed elbows with fringe right-wingers including QAnon adherents and Nazi sympathizers, is also a former Democrat. After a few years as an Independent voter, she registered as a Democrat in 2008, before leaving the party to return to the Republicans in 2012. Like Straka, she aims to draw Democratic voters across the aisle to her campaign.

“I know that we will bring this party together,” Lake said in an August 8 interview on “The Jeff Oravits Show.” “And frankly, I want to go beyond that, Jeff. I’m going to bring independents. We are already bringing independents in. We’re going to bring Democrats over to the America First Republican Party by the time November rolls around, because the policies that my opponent is putting forward are dead-end dangerous policies.”
https://coppercourier.com/story/kari-la ... nt-straka/
raison de arizona

As much as I hates me some Kari Lake, I would be interested in seeing the rest of the clip Hobbs cut off here.
Katie Hobbs @katiehobbs wrote: WATCH: @KariLake says women “aren’t equal to men” and “we don't want to be equal to them.”

You can’t make this stuff up.

This is just the first in our series of new digital ads highlighting Kari Lake’s seriously dangerous positions. Help us defeat her in November.
raison de arizona

Slim Cognito
Verified:

Post by Slim Cognito »

But isn't Kelly leading his opponent by around 10 points? People are going to vote for Kelly but not Hobbs?
Pup Dennis in training to be a guide dog & given to a deserving vet. Thx! ImageImageImage x4
raison de arizona

Slim Cognito wrote: Mon Aug 29, 2022 4:45 pm But isn't Kelly leading his opponent by around 10 points? People are going to vote for Kelly but not Hobbs?
:shrug: Hobbs has some issues, Kelly is _way_ more popular. So... Yes? Possibly?

ETA: Trafalgar tends to be R heavy a little, so there's that. Also, Kelly is leading in the +4 to +9 range in recent polls.
raison de arizona

So Hobbs is refusing to debate, same as the primary. She has a point about the Republican primary circus though. Lake is extremely unlikely to behave herself.
Debate latest: Hobbs won’t participate; Kelly is in against Masters
The Hobbs campaign said they wanted to participate, but after seeing the Republican primary debate in July, they had concerns, calling it a “circus that insults and embarrasses Arizonans.” “As a candidate and as a governor, Sec. Hobbs will never participate in something that will make Arizona the butt of late-night TV jokes and national ridicule,” Friday’s letter said.
https://www.azfamily.com/2022/09/02/deb ... t-masters/

Lake responded reasonably, of course.
Slim Cognito
Verified:

Post by Slim Cognito »

Is this a good move or a bad move?
p0rtia

Post by p0rtia »

Slim Cognito wrote: Fri Sep 02, 2022 9:28 pm Is this a good move or a bad move?
That's my question. Off the cuff, it seems to me to be a terrible move. But I imagine she has a reason, and that the reason involves awful debating skills.

I don't think Fetterman will debate Oz, either. To be sure, Droz gave him the perfect out by mocking his ability to speak (perchance to debate) off the cuff following his stoke. That was dumb.

Then there's Herschel. Oy.
raison de arizona

Personally, I really don’t like to see Hobbs shirking debates. I hope she makes up for it with shit tons of public appearances. On the other hand, Lake is a nutjob and a debate would be a circus. :shrug:
Slim Cognito
Verified:

Post by Slim Cognito »

I'm sure Lake would take her cues from trump's first debate with Biden, which was nothing more than a toddler temper tantrum, on trump's side.
pipistrelle

Post by pipistrelle »

Slim Cognito wrote: Sat Sep 03, 2022 11:45 am I'm sure Lake would take her cues from trump's first debate with Biden, which was nothing more than a toddler temper tantrum, on trump's side.
I had the impression that turned some voters off. Huh.
p0rtia

Post by p0rtia »

raison de arizona wrote: Sat Sep 03, 2022 11:13 am Personally, I really don’t like to see Hobbs shirking debates. I hope she makes up for it with shit tons of public appearances. On the other hand, Lake is a nutjob and a debate would be a circus. :shrug:
Depends on the moderators and how willing they are to lay down their laws.
Gregg

Re: Arizona Governor -- TFG Endorsee

Post by Gregg »

Tiredretiredlawyer wrote: Thu Dec 09, 2021 10:24 am
northland10 wrote: Thu Dec 09, 2021 9:37 am Mr. Ryan should have used this for a response to the lawsuit threat.

Dear Tim,

"I feel that you should be aware that some asshole is signing your name to stupid letters"
Bravo!!!!!!!!!!!
That is a real letter that lawyers for the Cleveland Stadium sent to someone.

Supreme Commander, Imperial Illuminati Air Force
:dog:

You don't have to consent, but I'm gonna tase you anyway.
Gregg

Post by Gregg »

Slim Cognito wrote: Mon Aug 15, 2022 4:31 pm Cruz is just upset that Warren's is bigger than his.
Well, that's just what BoBo told him, and she lies.
Supreme Commander, Imperial Illuminati Air Force
:dog:

You don't have to consent, but I'm gonna tase you anyway.

Return to “Governors & State Elections”