Spring forward.
To delete this message, click the X at top right.

Still not 'duly elected' Arizona Governor -- Kari Lake, TFG Endorsee

Ben-Prime
Verified: ✅MamaSaysI'mBonaFide

Re: Arizona Governor -- TFG Endorsee

Post by Ben-Prime »

p0rtia wrote: Wed Jun 08, 2022 7:00 pm
Ben-Prime wrote: Sat Jun 04, 2022 1:24 pm "Biden did a good thing. Here's why that's bad for Biden."
This is the standard reaction on the vast majority of corporate media I listen to. And I only listen to supposedly left-wing corporate media. They only pay attention to their perception of political expediency, as illustrated by the polls*.
It's like all the political pieces I saw yesterday evening about how Tuesday's primary in California was disastrous for progressives. And then I read that it was under 20% turnout because nobody was really enthused. And it's like "Sure, low turnout votes are almost always bad for the left, so can we start focusing on the spin that maybe the left side of the fence right now should work on turnout rather than saying 'they're going to lose hard'?"
But the sunshine aye shall light the sky,
As round and round we run;
And the truth shall ever come uppermost,
And justice shall be done.

- Charles Mackay, "Eternal Justice"
New Turtle

Post by New Turtle »

I've been getting Robson ads on youtube because sometimes youtube thinks I'm in AZ. It's like a 10 second ad where she says Kari Lake supported amnesty and open borders. Then she says she has a 6-point plan to fix our borders and that's the end of the ad.
Tiredretiredlawyer
Verified: ✅🐴🐎🦄🌻5000 posts and counting

Post by Tiredretiredlawyer »

https://occupydemocrats.com/2022/06/19/ ... rag-queen/
DRAGGED DOWN: Arizona GOP Gov. hopeful Kari Lake’s lies exposed by legendary Drag Queen

Kari Lake, the Trump-backed candidate for Arizona governor, was called out as a hypocrite by a legendary Arizona drag queen, Barbra Seville. Seville, also known as Rick Stevens, took to Facebook to expose her former friend – a woman who Stevens thought was an ally – after Lake posted this message on both Instagram and Twitter on Friday: “They kicked God out of schools and welcomed the Drag Queens.”

According to The Arizona Republic’s Laurie Roberts, the drag artist Barbra Seville is widely known in Phoenix. She’s been performing around the city for two and a half decades — from theaters to bars, private parties, and even Lake’s home. Seville took to Facebook to call the gubernatorial hopeful out, revealing a history of Lake’s less than Trumpy words and actions. Seville said in the post about her former friend: “She supported Obama and now I’m here to tell you that she supported drag queens and had her kid in front of drag kids.”

According to Stevens, they met in the late 1990s and that Lake and her Fox 10 co-workers frequented a gay bar after work, the 307 Lounge, where other drag queens – in addition to Seville – performed. Here’s a photo of Kari Lake with the drag queen Celia Putty, wearing a shirt advertising Barbra Seville:

A far cry from the woman who Stevens says 10-12 years ago invited her to perform at both Lake’s birthday party and a baby shower in 2015 for one of Lake’s Fox 10 colleagues. It was a shower where Lake’s own daughter supposedly performed. Stevens criticizes Lake’s about-face as fake and phony, just an attempt to draw attention away from issues like gun violence. She told The Arizona Republic’s Roberts, “Everyone knows what’s going on. People needed something else to talk about because the conversation was getting too real about gun control and children being killed in schools, so people want to say let’s protect kids from drag queens, instead of protecting kids from gun violence.”
"Mickey Mouse and I grew up together." - Ruthie Tompson, Disney animation checker and scene planner and one of the first women to become a member of the International Photographers Union in 1952.
bill_g
Verified: ✅ Checked Republic ✓ ᵛᵉʳᶦᶠᶦᵉᵈ

Post by bill_g »

Brave move by Barbra Seville. I hope no whack job crawls out from a rock threatening her.
Volkonski
Verified:

Post by Volkonski »

I follow the news pretty closely. I do not recall any serious crime committed by a drag queen.
“If everyone fought for their own convictions there would be no war.” ― Leo Tolstoy, War and Peace
Atticus Finch

Post by Atticus Finch »

Not even a fashion faux pas?
You don't need religion to have morals. If you can't determine right from wrong then you lack empathy, not religion.
Kendra

Post by Kendra »

neeneko

Post by neeneko »

Volkonski wrote: Mon Jun 20, 2022 9:09 am I follow the news pretty closely. I do not recall any serious crime committed by a drag queen.
Why do you think they are trying to pass new laws? If someone isn't breaking the law, change the law to make being them illegal.
raison de arizona
Verified: ✔️ he/him/his

Post by raison de arizona »

Kari Lake for AZ Governor @KariLake wrote: BREAKING: Analysis shows Joe Biden’s son took in $11 MILLION from China & other foreign sources.

Hunter was working for our enemies.

Not a peep from the worthless Arizona Repugnant.

But they did manage to attack my daughter for working for @TPUSA.

ENEMY of the people! 😡
“Remember, democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet that did not commit suicide.” —John Adams
raison de arizona

Also Kari Lake:
“Remember, democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet that did not commit suicide.” —John Adams
pipistrelle

Post by pipistrelle »

Off Topic
I know they think that photo makes Biden look bad, but (a) cyclists fall, and (b) with the helmet and sunglasses, you could easily think he’s 40, maybe 45. He got back on IIRC and isn’t afraid to have that kind of mishap.
Tiredretiredlawyer
Verified: ✅🐴🐎🦄🌻5000 posts and counting

Post by Tiredretiredlawyer »

:yeahthat:
"Mickey Mouse and I grew up together." - Ruthie Tompson, Disney animation checker and scene planner and one of the first women to become a member of the International Photographers Union in 1952.
northland10
Verified: ✅ I'm me.

Post by northland10 »

He's wearing a helmet. That's Leftist Commie Marxist behavior.
101010 :towel:
Kendra

Post by Kendra »

Arizona gubernatorial candidate Kari Lake has a tantrum on Fox News after Bret Baier won't validate her blatant lies about voter fraud.
RTH10260
Verified: ✔️ Eurobot

Post by RTH10260 »

:confuzzled: "defamatory action against this drag queen" for an interview? For the statement that candidate Kari Lake attended shows in the past? That the drag queen may have performed at a party?
raison de arizona

Former Senator and recent AZ tax dollar recipient to the tune of $500/hr for validating (once again) AZ's 2020 election results Matt Salmon has dropped out of the governor race and endorsed Karrin Robson. I'm sure Kari Lake is crying into her corn flakes.
raison de arizona

In case you want to watch the AZ GOP gubernatorial debate tonight (you don't.) Also, Kari Lake has gotten the coveted convicted felon Dinesh D'Souza endorsement, along with the Q oath affirmant Michael Flynn endorsement. She's on a wack job roll.
Slim Cognito
Verified:

Post by Slim Cognito »

Are they all Kari Lake nuts or is there a sane one among them?
Pup Dennis in training to be a guide dog & given to a deserving vet. Thx! ImageImageImage x4
raison de arizona

Slim Cognito wrote: Wed Jun 29, 2022 1:55 pm Are they all Kari Lake nuts or is there a sane one among them?
Robson is a nutty as Lake, just quieter about it. I don't know that much about the other two, they aren't going anywhere though. I know Zen self-financed her campaign to the tune of >$1M. Neely runs a construction company or something. Neither of them is going to win. I'm registered as an Independent, and we have open primaries in AZ. I elected to vote in the Republican primary, with the plan to pick the least crazy viable candidate. My plan... is not working out for me.
humblescribe
Verified:

Post by humblescribe »

Robson's tag line is that she is for ". . . world class schools . . "

I just checked. Arizona is 50/50 in these United States, according to Scholaroo; dead last.

How ya gonna pull that off, Dearest?

(I am ashamed to say that California ain't much better, coming in at 46 or so.)
"Some cause happiness wherever they go; others whenever they go." O. Wilde
raison de arizona

humblescribe wrote: Wed Jun 29, 2022 4:07 pm Robson's tag line is that she is for ". . . world class schools . . "

I just checked. Arizona is 50/50 in these United States, according to Scholaroo; dead last.

Well, in the dead of night they just passed a huge transfer of money from public schools to private ones, against the wishes of, well, pretty much everyone. I'm sure that will help. That "insurrection" that happened at the AZ Capitol? It's being reported in most RWNJ media as a pro-abortion demonstration. Andy Biggs, of all people, correctly characterized (on Charlie Kirk's podcast) the crowd as largely consisting of teachers and students protesting the aforementioned education bill. Which is borne out if one views the video of the "insurrection." Roe was certainly part of it, but the education protests had already been going on all week there.

That said, AZ schools suck. My kid is in a private school. The public schools around me were full of Republican anti-vax bullshit and we just couldn't. While I'm against the transfer of money out of the public school system, imma hafta think long and hard about turning down the $7k I just became "entitled" to.

Also, AZ has a $5B budget surplus this year. In the meantime, the courts managed to strike down a citizens initiative that gave teachers a raise. Because of course they did. And- they aren't using any of the $5B surplus for education funding. Because of course they aren't. It's earmarked for tax reductions.
tek

Post by tek »

Off Topic
That said, AZ schools suck. My kid is in a private school. The public schools around me were full of Republican anti-vax bullshit and we just couldn't. While I'm against the transfer of money out of the public school system, imma hafta think long and hard about turning down the $7k I just became "entitled" to.
This bullshit about funding private schools really frosts my pumpkin. I went to a 'private' (parochial) school K-5, then entered the public school system. Public school was much better, socially and educationally.
An education is a basic right IMHO.
Back in the day, there was none of this parental interference in the curriculum.
I'm not sure where I'm going. But this is all f'd.
raison de arizona

Kari Lake had a fit that the Arizona Republic reporter whose actual beat is to cover the governor (current and future) of Arizona - that's her job - was going to be a co-moderator of the GOP debate. So they removed her. Down to one moderator from PBS.

This debate is a shit show. They couldn't even get through the first question before Lake and Robson started interrupting each other and calling each other names. Poor Neely can't even keep up, the moderator had to repeat the question TWICE because he was already helplessly sidetracked.

OK, we're fifteen minutes in. It's gotten even worse. This is a mess. The moderator is whistling at them and telling them things like, "NO PAULA!" I want to be amused, but it's just stoopid. It's painful. I think I'm going to have to tune out to save my sanity.

Neely made some kind of pro-life argument that hinged on that if we found aliens, we wouldn't kill them, and if we respect their life, we should respect all life. I don't know. I couldn't completely follow it. Also, it's questionable that Kari Lake knows what a cervix is. Just callin' them how I see it.

Jesus. Sorry I didn't live tweet this. It was too painful. I'm just glad it's over. This is actually a really good example of AZ politics. Shit show fails to convey the level of mess this was.
raison de arizona

Garrick A. McFadden, Esq. @electgarrick wrote: For real @azgop why didn’t you charge for that top shelf entertainment? I laughed, I was terrified, I was shocked. So, when are the real candidates going to have a debate? This was an amazing skit/satire.
Arizona Political 💎 @AZVotes wrote: I’ve seen enough, Katie Hobbs won tonight’s debate. #AZGOV
(Katie Hobbs is the Democrat candidate for governor, who didn't participate in tonight's GOP debate.)
keith
Occupation: Retired Computer Systems Analyst Project Manager Super Coder
Verified: ✅lunatic

Post by keith »

humblescribe wrote: Wed Jun 29, 2022 4:07 pm Robson's tag line is that she is for ". . . world class schools . . "

When I went to school in Arizona, admittedly a million years ago, Az was in the top 5, and bragged about being on a level with the best in Europe.

Times have changed.
Has everybody heard about the bird?

Return to “Governors & State Elections”