Spring forward.
To delete this message, click the X at top right.

Still not 'duly elected' Arizona Governor -- Kari Lake, TFG Endorsee

Gregg

not Arizona Governor -- Kari Lake, TFG Endorsee

Post by Gregg »

It's early. Let Kari more firmly establish in the minds of the public how much she communicates with Aliens, drinks her own urine, thinks JFK is still alive and wears lead linded lingerie over the next 4 years and we can get those numbers more managagble.

Not only does it scare off the normies, but a lot of that stuff will take the nutjobs was from any Republican more credible than Musolinni.
Supreme Commander, Imperial Illuminati Air Force
:dog:

You don't have to consent, but I'm gonna tase you anyway.
bob

Post by bob »

orlylicious wrote: Tue Jan 17, 2023 11:13 am "This account doesn't exist" is usually for deactivated accounts, not suspended ones. But as Bob would say, hi-larious, all those marks stayed on for 4+ hours in total confusion, and now the next morning... he's gone. He was getting more and more frustrated, the Q&A is the part of the space to listen to, they had no idea what he had been talking about and started asking questions that had nothing to do with the topic. He hollered at several of them then apologized, it was because he was "passionate". I am happy those poor electrons on his ridiculous account were returned to the universe.
:rotflmao:

Now that is a flounce!

David Lassing wrote:Constitution requires all votes must be counted on Election Day.
I had forgotten that Donofrio championed (if not invented) that nonsense.

It was a rather epic misreading of Foster v. Love, which was discussed on Oldbow.

Donofrio may have blanked his blog, but the files are still up, including the bouncing paper he threw at SCOTUS in 2020.
Image ImageImage
Luke
Location: @orly_licious With Pete Buttigieg and the other "open and defiant homosexuals" --Bryan Fischer AFA

Post by Luke »

:lol: Yeah Josh, that's the ticket. :wave: Don't come crying to me Foggy & all... you had your Golden Ticket to be honored to talk to and learn from The Paraclete last night, who knows when that Golden Opportunity will come around again? Of course, Leo will probably be back on by the end of the week, he's a total liar and after all, a birfer.

Josh Barnett for Congress (AZ-01) @BarnettforAZ
Replying to @pera_richard @AzPinkLady and 3 others

Too much time and energy being wasted on twitter. Phenom and I will keep y’all updated on any info Leo wants to put out

Lt Root Beer of the Mighty 699th. Fogbow 💙s titular Mama June in Fogbow's Favourite Show™ Mama June: From Not To Hot! Fogbow's Theme Song™ Edith Massey's "I Got The Evidence!" https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C5jDHZd0JAg
bob

Post by bob »

:yankyank: :yawn:
Image ImageImage
W. Kevin Vicklund

Post by W. Kevin Vicklund »

Boots Inspecting the Ground Report

So I listened to the first 81 minutes of Leo's rant, and I don't think I need to listen any further. To summarize his argument:

There is a procedure in law and the EPM for how to handle a voter who is on the inactive list (IV). There are two types of IV, one who has moved, and one who hasn't moved (in some counties that don't include Maricopa, there are subtypes of those who have moved, but that is irrelevant - at least as far as I listened). His argument (so far) centers on the ones who haven't moved (IV2). An IV2 must give an affirmation under penalty of perjury that they continue to live at the address on record, and then they are allowed to vote a normal ballot - this is stated in both the law and the state Election Procedures Manual. The county recorder must then place the voter back into active status after the election.
https://azsos.gov/sites/default/files/2 ... PROVED.pdf
EPM page 201
If a voter affirms they continue to reside at the address on the signature roster or in the e-pollbook, the voter must be issued a regular ballot and the County Recorder must place the voter’s registration record in active status following the election. A.R.S. § 16-583(A)-(B).

https://www.azleg.gov/ars/16/00583.htm
16-583. Voter not on precinct register; inactive voter list; procedure

A. On or before election day, the county recorder shall provide to each precinct the names of electors on the inactive voter list. If a person whose name is not on the precinct register appears at a polling place, an election official shall determine whether the person is on the inactive voter list. If the person is on the inactive voter list, the registrant, on affirmation by the registrant before an election official at the polling place that the registrant continues to reside at the address indicated on the inactive voter list, shall be permitted to vote at that polling place. The elector's name shall be entered on a separate signature roster page at the end of the signature roster, and voters' names shall be numbered consecutively. If the registrant indicates that the registrant lives at a new residence, the election official shall direct the registrant to the polling place for the new address.

B. Following the election, the county recorder shall remove from inactive status all electors who voted pursuant to subsection A, shall place the electors' names back on the general register and shall return the electors' status to active.
So far, so good. This is where Leo goes off the deep end. He claims that in addition to all the ballot definitions, there are six status codes, including inactive status. A ballot with the wrong status code will be rejected by the tabulator, for example, a mail-in ballot brought to the vote center will not be accepted by the election-day tabulator. All or some of this might very well be true, but it makes no sense for inactive to be one of the six codes - if a voter is inactive, it shouldn't be possible to print a regular ballot until they meet the criteria by making the affirmation. The status code should prevent the printing in the first place. Nonetheless, Leo contends that that status code is printed on the ballots if the poll worker doesn't fix the status.And Leo and his pet election judge have determined that the pollworkers never received any training on how to handle inactive voters. Furthermore, the Maricopa County 2022 Training Guide makes no mention of inactive voters, despite earlier years guides requiring an oral affirmation. Thus, in the world according to Leo, anybody who goes to vote and is unknowingly on the inactive list will get their ballot, receive no notification from the pollworker about their status, go to the tabulator, and have it rejected without explanation. (Wonder if he thinks all the printer issues were just a smokescreen to hide the true objective of rejecting IV ballots - he hinted as much). "Just put it in Slot 3 and it'll be counted :twisted: ."

But here's the thing. Upon examining the Training Guide, I saw that everybody receiving a regular ballot has to sign an affirmation under penalty of perjury that they still live at the address listed. They even have to separately confirm that they live at that address. The law and EPM only require an affirmation now, there is no requirement that it be oral anymore. So the pollworkers don't need special training, because everything that's required is handled automatically simply by following the normal procedure. And if you look even deeper, you'll notice that the EPM allows voters to update their registration on the spot if the epollbook allows real-time updating, which allows a voter who has moved and brought sufficient documentation to vote a regular ballot rather than a provisional ballot. So by the time it comes to print the ballot, the voter has already done everything needed to regain their active status, and thus they should no longer be on the inactive list, since the epollbook can be updated in real-time.

eta: forgot the link https://elections.maricopa.gov/asset/jc ... acted1.pdf
MCTG1.png
MCTG1.png (72.86 KiB) Viewed 910 times
MCTG2.png
MCTG2.png (49.1 KiB) Viewed 910 times
Dave from down under

Post by Dave from down under »

How surprising.. :faint:
Leo is tilting at windmills
Chilidog

Post by Chilidog »

Chilidog wrote: Mon Jan 16, 2023 2:43 pm Starting the 24 hour countdown to the defendant's responses.

:waiting:
:waiting: :waiting: :waiting: :waiting: :waiting:
humblescribe
Verified:

Post by humblescribe »

Foggy wrote: Tue Jan 17, 2023 9:58 am Oh man, these left-wing cancel culture woke warriors like (checks notes) ... umm, yeah, like Elon Musk. Very bad. Bad thing. :bored:
You're emulating the freewheeling style of tfg, there, Foggy. :fingerwag:

You may be salty today, but no excuses, man.

:bag:
"Some cause happiness wherever they go; others whenever they go." O. Wilde
W. Kevin Vicklund

Post by W. Kevin Vicklund »

David Lassing picking up what I'm laying down!

Hi Michele,

@KevinVicklund
discovered why voters who moved were given a regular ballot not a provisional one. Basically, they reregister.

From page 94 of 2022 Poll Workers Training Manual “they will be able to update the information in real-time and vote a standard ballot”.
Thanks for passing the word on to Michele, maybe now she'll know the election wasn't rigged. :pigsfly:
p0rtia

Post by p0rtia »

Thanks, Chili!

:thumbsup:
Reality Check
Verified: ✅ Curmudgeon

Post by Reality Check »

This is a complete dismantling of Lake's appeal piece by piece. I especially enjoyed how they skewered the F rated pollster Baris.
Chilidog

Post by Chilidog »

Chilidog

Post by Chilidog »

From Mr. Liddy
To reiterate: even if taken at face value, Lake’s reliance on Baris’s estimate fails because no evidence shows that any particular voter declined to vote because of lines at some of Maricopa County’s vote centers. One would expect that, if a full quarter of those who would have voted on election day had chosen not to do so—a number Baris estimated to have been as much as 50,000 voters, (Dec. 22, 2022 Tr. at 76:21–22)—Lake would have been able to produce someone at trial. That she produced none demonstrates the unreliability of Baris’s estimate.
:popcorn:
raison de arizona
Verified: ✔️ he/him/his

Post by raison de arizona »

Duly elected?
“Remember, democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet that did not commit suicide.” —John Adams
Gregg

Post by Gregg »

She's the inmate in an asylum who insists that she's Elizabeth I.

Or Naopleon... one or the other.

northland10
Verified: ✅ I'm me.

Post by northland10 »

Gregg wrote: Wed Jan 18, 2023 7:16 pm She's the inmate in an asylum who insists that she's Elizabeth I.

Or Naopleon... one or the other.
Why not both?
101010 :towel:
keith
Occupation: Retired Computer Systems Analyst Project Manager Super Coder
Verified: ✅lunatic

Post by keith »

New campaign theme song?

Has everybody heard about the bird?
Gregg

Post by Gregg »

keith wrote: Wed Jan 18, 2023 8:09 pm New campaign theme song?

NO, that one is the soundtrack for every one of Jr's demented rants on Youtube. Turn off whatever he's actually saying and just play that.

much ado

Post by much ado »

The flip side of the original record was the same song backwards...

I was in Columbus, Ohio July of 1966 when the tune was released. I think I heard it only twice on the radio before the station decided not to play it anymore. It made a very lasting impression on me.

(They don't write 'em like that anymore.)
raison de arizona
Verified: ✔️ he/him/his

Post by raison de arizona »

Dr. Demento!
“Remember, democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet that did not commit suicide.” —John Adams
MN-Skeptic

Post by MN-Skeptic »

Off Topic
I always thought the timing of that record was interesting. It was released the month we moved to Iowa - right before 8th grade for me - so my dad could specialize in psychiatry.
sugar magnolia

Post by sugar magnolia »

Udderly?
Foggy
Dick Tater
Verified: as seen on qvc zombie apocalypse

Post by Foggy »

sugar magnolia wrote: Thu Jan 19, 2023 4:58 am Udderly?
Some boob wrote that.
Out from under. :thumbsup:
northland10
Verified: ✅ I'm me.

Post by northland10 »

raison de arizona wrote: Wed Jan 18, 2023 10:56 pm Dr. Demento!
I first heard the song while listening to Dr. Demento at music camp in the mid-eighties. It was, IIRC, a Sunday night ritual in my cabin where many of us would be listening to it on headphones around lights out time.
101010 :towel:

Return to “Governors & State Elections”