Spring forward.
To delete this message, click the X at top right.

Still not 'duly elected' Arizona Governor -- Kari Lake, TFG Endorsee

RTH10260
Verified: ✔️ Eurobot

Post by RTH10260 »

Gregg wrote: Fri Jan 27, 2023 2:55 am Kari Lake should take a hint...

Snubbed by the Oscars? Try Showing Up in This Majestic Gold Dress

:shock: think of the catastrophic wardrobe malfunction and the US public outcry :lol:
bill_g
Verified: ✅ Checked Republic ✓ ᵛᵉʳᶦᶠᶦᵉᵈ

Post by bill_g »

Poor Kari is still lost in Az unable to find her ruby slippers so she can click her heels three times while saying "There's no place like home".
Tiredretiredlawyer
Verified: ✅🐴🐎🦄🌻5000 posts and counting

Post by Tiredretiredlawyer »

Hey, Gregg! You spoiled my surprise! I WAS going to wear that dress to the book club meet up on the 28th! Now I have to find a new outfit! :mrgreen:
"Mickey Mouse and I grew up together." - Ruthie Tompson, Disney animation checker and scene planner and one of the first women to become a member of the International Photographers Union in 1952.
keith
Occupation: Retired Computer Systems Analyst Project Manager Super Coder
Verified: ✅lunatic

Post by keith »

Foggy wrote: Fri Jan 27, 2023 6:25 am :fingerwag:

That would look better on Mike Lindell.
Looks like a bit of shameless Australian Aboriginal Cultural appropriation to me, but in fairness, some of the motifs are fairly universal.
Has everybody heard about the bird?
bill_g

Post by bill_g »

keith wrote: Fri Jan 27, 2023 8:40 am

Looks like a bit of shameless Australian Aboriginal Cultural appropriation to me, but in fairness, some of the motifs are fairly universal.
The article claims it is Brazillian Cultural appropriation. But, I know it is the Queen Dalek from Dr Who. Exterminate. Exterminate. Exterminate.
Suranis

Post by Suranis »

I just think it looked hideous.
Hic sunt dracones
Foggy
Dick Tater
Verified: as seen on qvc zombie apocalypse

Post by Foggy »

Yeah. And she can't sit down in it, or someone would call the cops.
Out from under. :thumbsup:
AndyinPA
Verified:

Post by AndyinPA »

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/202 ... tion-audit
Revealed: Trump secretly donated $1m to discredited Arizona election ‘audit’

One of the enduring mysteries surrounding the chaotic attempts to overturn Donald Trump’s defeat in the 2020 presidential battle has been solved: who made a secret $1m donation to the controversial election “audit” in Arizona?

The identity of one of the largest benefactors behind the discredited review of Arizona’s vote count has been shrouded in secrecy. Now the Guardian can reveal that the person who partially bankrolled the failed attempt to prove that the election was stolen from Trump was … Trump.

An analysis by the watchdog group Documented has traced funding for the Arizona audit back to Trump’s Save America Pac. The group tracked the cash as it passed from Trump’s fund through an allied conservative group, and from there to a shell company which in turn handed the money to contractors and individuals involved in the Arizona audit.
"Choose your leaders with wisdom and forethought. To be led by a coward is to be controlled by all that the coward fears… To be led by a liar is to ask to be told lies." -Octavia E. Butler
jemcanada2

Post by jemcanada2 »

AndyinPA wrote: Fri Jan 27, 2023 10:45 am https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/202 ... tion-audit
Revealed: Trump secretly donated $1m to discredited Arizona election ‘audit’

One of the enduring mysteries surrounding the chaotic attempts to overturn Donald Trump’s defeat in the 2020 presidential battle has been solved: who made a secret $1m donation to the controversial election “audit” in Arizona?

The identity of one of the largest benefactors behind the discredited review of Arizona’s vote count has been shrouded in secrecy. Now the Guardian can reveal that the person who partially bankrolled the failed attempt to prove that the election was stolen from Trump was … Trump.

An analysis by the watchdog group Documented has traced funding for the Arizona audit back to Trump’s Save America Pac. The group tracked the cash as it passed from Trump’s fund through an allied conservative group, and from there to a shell company which in turn handed the money to contractors and individuals involved in the Arizona audit.
Did they go through all that trouble to hide where the money came from because it was illegal or because they thought it was bad optics?
p0rtia

Post by p0rtia »

Reality Check wrote: Fri Jan 27, 2023 7:51 am Did anyone read Lake's reply brief? It is really bad and smacks of desperation. So bad that this IANAL knows it is really bad.
I read the introduction and skimmed the rest of it. I don't see the desperation (but I am a bit biased against the use of that term to describe obviously untruthful Republican push-back), but rather the usual re-stating of arguments that have been previously answered or thrown out. I mean, she's argued four times that I've heard that "intent" is not needed to prove that MC screwed up the election, and I don't know how many times she's referred to that screw up as "chaos," but every time, that descriptor has been debunked as well.

I enjoyed the English usage presentation that occurs in the "Nonqualifiable Election Interference does not Require Fraud" subsection:
Implicitly invoking the “series-qualifier canon,” Hobbs claims “fraudulent
combinations, coercion, and intimidation” necessarily means “fraud.” Hobbs Br. 18.
But that canon must give way to common sense, S. Tucson v. Bd. of Supervisors, 52
Ariz. 575, 584 (1938) (“clear intent ... takes precedence as a canon of construction
of all grammatical rules”), so the adjective “fraudulent” modifies only the noun
“combinations.”
But the best part was this gem in the Intro; new evidence* to support both fuckupery with the tabulators and CHAOS!
Indeed, just yesterday, the Arizona Senate Committee on Elections was
presented evidence
from Maricopa’s tabulator system log files showing that on
Election Day, Maricopa’s vote center tabulators rejected over 7,000 ballots every
thirty minutes beginning almost immediately after the vote centers opened at 6:00
am and continuing past 8:00 pm—totaling over 217,000 rejected ballot insertions on a day when approximately 248,000 votes were cast.
I'm sure I'm not the only one who read/skimmed the first sentence as "AZ Senate Committee on Elections presented evidence...that". No, folks, what Lake et al. are saying here is that some nutjob presented a pack of crap to the AZ Sen Committee, which Lake et al. are now using as a foundation for another trip to Fantasy Island. My thinking is that it's more red meat to use for he rubes.

The giveaway is the demonstrable absurdity of saying that 217,000 ballots were rejected (...out of, or in addition to...who know?). Because no one would of the hundreds of bi-partisan teams of elections workers would have mentioned that, right?
noblepa

Post by noblepa »

Or George Santos.
raison de arizona
Verified: ✔️ he/him/his

Post by raison de arizona »

p0rtia wrote: Fri Jan 27, 2023 11:05 am I read the introduction and skimmed the rest of it. I don't see the desperation (but I am a bit biased against the use of that term to describe obviously untruthful Republican push-back), but rather the usual re-stating of arguments that have been previously answered or thrown out.
:yeahthat: I saw a a lot of the same old crap. Also, the head of the Senate Elections Committee? Wendy Rogers :lol:

Lake was on Jovan's "show" talking about calling a special session on Day One when she is in office. :roll:
Kari Lake War Room @KariLakeWarRoom wrote: .@KariLake "I plan to call a special session to get to one day voting. Get rid of these mail-in ballots which are fraught with fraud, and take on and tackle election integrity and reform once and for all. And people want that. They absolutely do."
“Remember, democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet that did not commit suicide.” —John Adams
noblepa

Post by noblepa »

jemcanada2 wrote: Fri Jan 27, 2023 10:48 am Did they go through all that trouble to hide where the money came from because it was illegal or because they thought it was bad optics?
The only optics that TFG cares about is how something he says or does will be seen by the MAGA crowd. That group would see absolutely nothing wrong, legally or ethically, with him donating money to the fraudit. They would applaud it.
jemcanada2

Post by jemcanada2 »

noblepa wrote: Fri Jan 27, 2023 11:16 am
jemcanada2 wrote: Fri Jan 27, 2023 10:48 am Did they go through all that trouble to hide where the money came from because it was illegal or because they thought it was bad optics?
The only optics that TFG cares about is how something he says or does will be seen by the MAGA crowd. That group would see absolutely nothing wrong, legally or ethically, with him donating money to the fraudit. They would applaud it.
So illegal then? :batting: :batting:
Reality Check
Verified: ✅ Curmudgeon

Post by Reality Check »

The one day voting thing is just a cover for their racism. More Democrats and blacks vote early = bad.
jemcanada2

Post by jemcanada2 »

Reality Check wrote: Fri Jan 27, 2023 11:26 am The one day voting thing is just a cover for their racism. More Democrats and blacks vote early = bad.
Wasn’t Lake also complaining about how the same day voting negatively affected “her” voters? If the election people couldn’t handle the same day votes with mostly just republicans voting that day, how does she think they can handle the volume of everyone voting that day? :brickwallsmall: :brickwallsmall:

Will she have all the darker hued people stand in a separate line until all of “her” voters have had a chance to vote?
Reality Check

Post by Reality Check »

jemcanada2 wrote: Fri Jan 27, 2023 12:23 pm :snippity:

Will she have all the darker hued people stand in a separate line until all of “her” voters have had a chance to vote?
Don't give her any ideas.
jemcanada2

Post by jemcanada2 »

Reality Check wrote: Fri Jan 27, 2023 12:30 pm

:shh: :shh:
Jim

Post by Jim »

Republicans would cut their own throats over their own lies...

Arizona Early Voting Statistics

Last Report: 11/2/2020
Source: https://www.dataorbital.com/2020-genera ... te-tracker

Arizona does not distinguish between mail ballots returned and in-person votes.

Mail Ballots Returned
Requested Mail Ballots

Ballots Returned: 2,471,577
Mail Ballots Returned and Accepted by Party Registration
Party Returned Ballots Freq. Distribution Requested Ballots Return Rate
Democrats 923,805 37.4 1,206,522 76.6
Republicans 914,172 37.0 1,238,488 73.8
Minor/No Party Affiliation 633,600 25.6 1,003,171 63.2
TOTAL 2,471,577 100.0 3,448,181 71.7
Gregg

Post by Gregg »

noblepa wrote: Fri Jan 27, 2023 11:11 am

Or George Santos.
Do we know that's not him wearing it? :confuzzled:
Supreme Commander, Imperial Illuminati Air Force
:dog:

You don't have to consent, but I'm gonna tase you anyway.
Gregg

Post by Gregg »

jemcanada2 wrote: Fri Jan 27, 2023 12:54 pm
Reality Check wrote: Fri Jan 27, 2023 12:30 pm

:shh: :shh:
It's what they do in Georgia already.
Supreme Commander, Imperial Illuminati Air Force
:dog:

You don't have to consent, but I'm gonna tase you anyway.
Reality Check

Post by Reality Check »

You know, black people have endured poll taxes, voter intimidation, long lines, limited number of polling stations, voter ID laws, and other disincentives to vote for 150 years. Now a few white people imagine they were prevented from voting [they weren't] and they are whining their asses off. Cry me a f-ing river.
bill_g

Post by bill_g »

(where's the standing ovation emogi?)
Phoenix520
Verified:

Post by Phoenix520 »

Tiredretiredlawyer wrote: Fri Jan 27, 2023 8:34 am Hey, Gregg! You spoiled my surprise! I WAS going to wear that dress to the book club meet up on the 28th! Now I have to find a new outfit! :mrgreen:
:rotflmao: :rotflmao:
bob

Post by bob »

Image ImageImage

Return to “Governors & State Elections”