Spring forward.
To delete this message, click the X at top right.

Still not 'duly elected' Arizona Governor -- Kari Lake, TFG Endorsee

realist

Post by realist »

W. Kevin Vicklund wrote: Thu May 25, 2023 2:07 pm
realist wrote: Thu May 25, 2023 12:40 pm They both appear to be filed late electronically, albeit one by only 27 seconds, the other much later. Strange to see them blow a deadline. Not good, if true.
That's the timestamp from when the clerk added it to the docket, not necessarily the timestamp from when they sent it in.
:thumbsup:
Image X 4
Image X 32
Reality Check
Verified: ✅ Curmudgeon

Post by Reality Check »

W. Kevin Vicklund wrote: Thu May 25, 2023 2:18 pm Oh, hey, I just noticed that there is a Minute Entry from the Court from yesterday:
MINUTE ENTRY

The Court has received Defendants’ Motion For Sanctions filed at 5:00 p.m. last evening, May 23, 2023. The Court also has received the two forms of verdict submitted by Defendants. The Court intends to enter a final judgment pursuant to Rule 54 (c), Arizona Rules of Civil Procedure
within the five-day deadline established under A.R.S. 16-676. Therefore, IT IS ORDERED that any response to the Motion For Sanctions shall be filed not later than 5:00 p.m. on Thursday, May 25, 2023. No Reply will be permitted.
https://www.clerkofcourt.maricopa.gov/h ... ument/5189

Lake was wrong, and she asked for a response due date of June 2 but got a date of May 25 instead. :rotflmao:
Judge Thompson is not messing around. He put some tight deadlines for the Motions for Sanctions in the ruling and only gave Lake only two days to respond. My guess is the defendants have a lot better chance for being awarded costs this time around. Lake's arguments in light of the pretrial order were embarrassing. Calling the election rigged in oral argument was not wise either.
Gregg

Post by Gregg »

Greatgrey wrote: Tue May 23, 2023 9:48 pm Lake should just change her name to Didulo, move to Canada, & proclaim herself Queen.
WAIT!!!

Has anyone ever seen them in the same room?
Supreme Commander, Imperial Illuminati Air Force
:dog:

You don't have to consent, but I'm gonna tase you anyway.
keith
Occupation: Retired Computer Systems Analyst Project Manager Super Coder
Verified: ✅lunatic

Post by keith »

Gregg wrote: Thu May 25, 2023 7:13 pm
Greatgrey wrote: Tue May 23, 2023 9:48 pm Lake should just change her name to Didulo, move to Canada, & proclaim herself Queen.
WAIT!!!

I was gonna say the same thing, but fell asleep before I got to a keyboard!
Has everybody heard about the bird?
Lani

Post by Lani »

Reality Check wrote: Thu May 25, 2023 3:34 pm
W. Kevin Vicklund wrote: Thu May 25, 2023 2:18 pm
:snippity:
The Court intends to enter a final judgment pursuant to Rule 54 (c), Arizona Rules of Civil Procedure
within the five-day deadline established under A.R.S. 16-676. Therefore, IT IS ORDERED that any response to the Motion For Sanctions shall be filed not later than 5:00 p.m. on Thursday, May 25, 2023. No Reply will be permitted.

https://www.clerkofcourt.maricopa.gov/h ... ument/5189

Lake was wrong, and she asked for a response due date of June 2 but got a date of May 25 instead. :rotflmao:
Judge Thompson is not messing around. He put some tight deadlines for the Motions for Sanctions in the ruling and only gave Lake only two days to respond. My guess is the defendants have a lot better chance for being awarded costs this time around. Lake's arguments in light of the pretrial order were embarrassing. Calling the election rigged in oral argument was not wise either. [/quote]

:waiting: I want to see the response now.
Image You can't wait until life isn't hard anymore before you decide to be happy.
W. Kevin Vicklund

Post by W. Kevin Vicklund »

Lake's response:
Based on the present record before the Court, Contestant/Plaintiff, by and through undersigned counsel, hereby provides Notice to this Court that she objects to Defendants’ Proposed Forms of Judgment with respect Defendants’ motion for sanctions pursuant to A.R.S. § 12-349 because the Defendants did not seek sanctions at the close of trial and the Court’s Under Advisement Ruling dated May 22, 2023 (the “5/22/23 UAR”) did not contemplate sanctions. Plaintiff also objects to an award of costs because Defendants did not submit any costs as ordered by the Court in the 5/22/23 UAR and there are no costs for Plaintiff to review. Plaintiff further objects to the extent Defendants’ Proposed Forms of Judgment refer to matters beyond Count III of Plaintiff’s Election Contest as discussed in the 5/22/23 UAR. Lastly, Plaintiff expressly reserves the right to appeal the findings of fact and conclusions of law set forth in the 5/22/23 UAR and any judgment arising therefrom.
https://www.clerkofcourt.maricopa.gov/h ... ument/5203

Lake would have a legitimate beef here, except the Court failed to actually order Defendants to submit costs :oopsy: That's a rather weak defense - if the judge rules that Defendants are permitted to request sanctions (narrator's voice: he has), she's effectively waived any defense as to the merits, unless she submits another brief.
Luke
Location: @orly_licious With Pete Buttigieg and the other "open and defiant homosexuals" --Bryan Fischer AFA

Post by Luke »

Young Ryan Heath PLEADS with Kari Lake. It's RyRy's January filing which was so successful. :P

Leo Donofrio, Esq. Retweeted
Ryan @Ryan_L_Heath 6h Replying to @KariLakeWarRoom @LCDLAW1 and 15 others

Please, just copy and paste.

https://static1.squarespace.com/static/ ... andate.pdf

Lt Root Beer of the Mighty 699th. Fogbow 💙s titular Mama June in Fogbow's Favourite Show™ Mama June: From Not To Hot! Fogbow's Theme Song™ Edith Massey's "I Got The Evidence!" https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C5jDHZd0JAg
jemcanada2

Post by jemcanada2 »

Gregg wrote: Thu May 25, 2023 7:13 pm
WAIT!!!

:nooo: :nooo:
raison de arizona
Verified: ✔️ he/him/his

Post by raison de arizona »

Lake reTruthed this, she’s really going over the deep end :crazy:
IMG_5084.png
IMG_5084.png (233.42 KiB) Viewed 964 times
“Remember, democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet that did not commit suicide.” —John Adams
W. Kevin Vicklund

Post by W. Kevin Vicklund »

Lake's response to the merits of the sanctions motion is finally available. At this point, it feels like she's begging for sanctions. https://www.clerkofcourt.maricopa.gov/h ... ument/5205
Reality Check

Post by Reality Check »

W. Kevin Vicklund wrote: Fri May 26, 2023 1:49 pm Lake's response to the merits of the sanctions motion is finally available. At this point, it feels like she's begging for sanctions. https://www.clerkofcourt.maricopa.gov/h ... ument/5205
Phlegm and Jimmie Olsen got pretty testy in that response. They even took a swipe at the Judge. :lol:
jemcanada2

Post by jemcanada2 »

Reality Check wrote: Fri May 26, 2023 6:00 pm
W. Kevin Vicklund wrote: Fri May 26, 2023 1:49 pm Lake's response to the merits of the sanctions motion is finally available. At this point, it feels like she's begging for sanctions. https://www.clerkofcourt.maricopa.gov/h ... ument/5205
Phlegm and Jimmie Olsen got pretty testy in that response. They even took a swipe at the Judge. :lol:
Is her response breathtaking in its arrogance? Maybe she should ask Orly for help. Orly is good at getting sanctions doubled. :lol: :lol:
Luke
Location: @orly_licious With Pete Buttigieg and the other "open and defiant homosexuals" --Bryan Fischer AFA

Post by Luke »

Orly would be perfect. :lol:

And Foggy, your dream is starting to come true! Now, it's just the KL Grifting War Room, but can Kari be far behind??

Arrest Hobbs.JPG
Arrest Hobbs.JPG (69.49 KiB) Viewed 824 times
Lt Root Beer of the Mighty 699th. Fogbow 💙s titular Mama June in Fogbow's Favourite Show™ Mama June: From Not To Hot! Fogbow's Theme Song™ Edith Massey's "I Got The Evidence!" https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C5jDHZd0JAg
Luke

Post by Luke »

BONUS! Friend of the Fogbow Leo Donofrio did another Twitter Space. After six minutes of not knowing what he's doing or how to use his mic: "This is very serious business today, time is running out. Kari Lake has 15 days to move for a new trial. Not an appeal, a motion for a new trial to Judge Thompson." Rule 59(a) (15 days from May 22nd) or (harder) reconsider 60(b). "I have found excellent grounds for a new trial."

Ready? Judge Thompson (appointed by Jan Brewer), "... misapplied the law and misunderstood the Reyes case... and he's confused a lot of poor people".

Yeah, right. :lol: He asks "Michelle" to start reading. It's funny. I still think he sounds like Dick Morris. 1h59m.

Go for it, Gov. Lake!

You'll want to listen over and over again: https://twitter.com/i/spaces/1yNGaNpPzENJj?s=20

Mike Dana (Mike Dana @MikeDana Teacher, inactive lawyer, hiker, skier, music maker, karaokier) even told him he's barking up the wrong tree but no, he knows better...

He does fab work marking up his docs (also Taitzesque, Jem):

And asking for his own unrolls :lol:

northland10
Verified: ✅ I'm me.

Post by northland10 »

jemcanada2 wrote: Fri May 26, 2023 6:03 pm
Reality Check wrote: Fri May 26, 2023 6:00 pm
Is her response breathtaking in its arrogance? Maybe she should ask Orly for help. Orly is good at getting sanctions doubled. :lol: :lol:
They could cut out the middleperson and go straight to CELIII. I have generally assumed he was responsible for much of Orly's response to the judge's OSC.
101010 :towel:
jemcanada2

Post by jemcanada2 »

northland10 wrote: Fri May 26, 2023 6:55 pm
jemcanada2 wrote: Fri May 26, 2023 6:03 pm
Reality Check wrote: Fri May 26, 2023 6:00 pm Phlegm and Jimmie Olsen got pretty testy in that response. They even took a swipe at the Judge. :lol:
They could cut out the middleperson and go straight to CELIII. I have generally assumed he was responsible for much of Orly's response to the judge's OSC.
:yeahthat:
Greatgrey
Verified: 💲8️⃣

Mark Finchem, new sanctions on the way?

Post by Greatgrey »

Grumpy Git wrote: Wed Mar 22, 2023 6:31 am One of Arizona's other loons Mark Finchem, may be sanctioned.

Now-Secretary of State Adrian Fontes is asking the Court to hold defeated candidate Mark Finchem responsible for more than $67,000 in sanctions for filing what the judge has determined to be a "bad faith" Election Contest.

Finchem (and/or others) are also potentially on the hook for sanctions in two other cases - one alleging a former legislative colleague defamed him regarding January 6, and another where Finchem and Lake sued to hand count all Arizona ballots while wrongly claiming that Arizona does not use paper ballots.

https://arizonaslaw.blogspot.com/2023/0 ... ontes.html

Surely these sanctions need to be for much higher amounts, right across your country, to deter these crazies from wasting courts time. Finchem probably grifted more than $67,000, or just asked his buddy Mike Lindell to cover it.
What's the Frequency, Kenneth?
Luke

Post by Luke »

This really calls for a hearty congrats to Mark. Three sanctions are impressive.

💸 Congrats to @RealMarkFinchem on his THIRD set of Sanctions, big achievement! Mark &/or his lawyers were also sanctioned in 2 other cases: Pre-election suit with #KariLake to ban voting machines & Mark's dismissed defamation case about his actions on #J6.

Geez, this guy said such nasty things about Mark. Mark retweeted this and this happens.

ETA: Oh, this guy says he wasn't talking about Mark. :P

Luke

Post by Luke »

OK. Watching her lose over and over is good enough for me. Judge Thompson doesn't want to hear from them anymore. :lol:

Arizona's Law @arizonaslaw 48m
To summarize the holiday Friday judicial dump:
1. @KariLake judge denies additional sanctions.
2. Judge hits @RealMarkFinchem /atty with $48k+ in sanctions
3. Fed judge inches toward protecting GOP lawmakers' texts/emails in case challenging anti-PEVL law.

Quote Tweet YvonneWingettSanchez 🏜 @yvonnewingett 1h
NEW IN ARIZONA—Maricopa County Superior Court Judge Peter Thompson denies sanctions request against Kari Lake and her attorneys by Maricopa County, Hobbs and Fontes, stemming from Lake’s claims about 2022 contest.

Robert Barnes @barnes_law 1h
Court denies all sanctions request in @KariLake election case.

Kari Lake War Room @KariLakeWarRoom 1h
Replying to @barnes_law and @KariLake
We're very pleased.
This case has been in litigation for 7 months. We have been sanctioned ONCE for a minor dispute on wording.
We stand by our evidence & are pleased the judge acknowledged the Integrity of our case.

LS.jpg
LS.jpg (152.09 KiB) Viewed 652 times

LS2.jpg
LS2.jpg (265.1 KiB) Viewed 652 times

LS3.jpg
LS3.jpg (192.35 KiB) Viewed 652 times
Reality Check

Post by Reality Check »

Thanks Judge Thompson for doing nothing to stop Kari Lake from undermining the credibility of the Arizona election system. :brickwallsmall:
Luke

Post by Luke »

Leo's doing another Space. It's his fourth try, he couldn't get it to work. He's starting by saying how wonderful he is, that he's a Christian, he knows more than anyone ("do you know how hard statutory construction is"?) and "you get one shot with me" on Twitter, he likes to block. His mic is still cutting out a lot. "My words have power, it's resonating among all the people of Arizona. Now I'm going to begin the lecture." And then his mic stops working again. People are tweeting "this can't be a coincidence". 8-)

ETA: Gone again. https://twitter.com/i/spaces/1YpKkgYvMvXKj?s=20

It was pointed out (on Twitter, not the Space) that his "theory" was trotted out by Bill Barr and his new group.
Canary #1 @TheCanaryGroup 4h
Replying to @brohamthis @Orly_licious and 3 others
So it turns out Leo - copped his ENTIRE legal theory from a case that has already been filed on 3-6-23 and the SoS & AZ Alliance Motion to Dismiss filings are a brutal takedown of the people who don't know the difference between "Form" & "Record"

ETC: 7TH try: "I'm definitely under attack at my residence and my phone... I'm at a friend's house now" "I'm certain it's going to be voided (by AZSC) if it's briefed to them (but don't know it will)". Thankfully Ryan is going to try his Amicus........

https://twitter.com/i/spaces/1djGXlRpDoPGZ?s=20

And...... it failed again for several minutes. One guy said, "It's like talking to a wall". Then his voice came back. What a mess. "I was kicked off the wifi at my friends, now I'm back on my mobile". 30 seconds later, gone. Then back. Then gone. Then back. He's screaming and you hear every few words. Then he says, "Do you all understand what I'm talking about?" You hate to see it. Foggy, why didn't you invite Leo to your house to do this???

Leo Try 7.JPG
Leo Try 7.JPG (60.41 KiB) Viewed 477 times
Foggy
Dick Tater
Verified: as seen on qvc zombie apocalypse

Post by Foggy »

orlylicious wrote: Sat May 27, 2023 10:38 pm Foggy, why didn't you invite Leo to your house to do this???
I musta been washing my hair. :blackeye:
Out from under. :thumbsup:
Luke

Post by Luke »

Cleanest hair around! :P See my avatar pic there (thanks to Neon)? That seriously was my exact reaction when I read your comment!!

Leo is ABSOLUTELY SURE he's right, the election will be overturned, a new election will be held, and Kari Lake will win. In the last Space (the 7th try), he used every phrase he could think of. "Game, Set, Match" "Beyond any doubt", "Take it to the bank"... all of them. He also keeps insisting he will only help pro bono (we know the real reason); "No GiveSendGo, no donations..." just like Kari Lake. :roll: Leo says the only way it won't happen is it Kari's lawyers fu*k it up. It's funny to hear Leo screaming and swearing... a lot of the old listeners who waste time on his streams do not like it.

Around and around... and even Jen Wright and Rachel Alexander swipe Leo and kick him around.

Even the hideous Rachel Alexander knocks his pins down. Leo was so mad he blocked her, but being the generous guy he is, he unblocked her. But she still didn't show up for his Space. :(

Bonus: Rich Baris, the totaly discredited polling failure, would be a huge success in North Korea. On Christmas Eve last year, Mark Mendlovitz was such an uniformed, nasty tool that a Republican and I joined forces and both donated to charities to countersignal him.

Months later, Mark still doesn't listen, has learned nothing, and still pumps his discredited talking points.

Mark Mendlovitz @MendlovitzMark 52m
Replying to @Saltlick628 and @Rach_IC
Listen to Rich Baris. He says the women are coming back to Trump in droves. It's one of the most surprising results of his extensive polling.

Super Bonus!:

Rachel Alexander is really some of the nastiest work around. She spends most of her time replying to being taunted on Twitter and writing dumb inaccurate stories on Arizona Sun Times (not good enough to wrap virtual fish in), Townhall and her blog. She even admits her own father wouldn't approve of her "Twitter antics". She makes sure she plays her "victim card" at least every few days. "It's RINOs and Leftists, not my own actions!!"

Think I'm being too mean to Rachel? This was 2 days ago:

Horse Rachel.JPG
Horse Rachel.JPG (52.92 KiB) Viewed 313 times

Cougar Rachel spends quality time with Jordan "Spunky" Conradson (maybe he's graduated High School by now). This looks totally normal, right?

Rachel Spunky.JPG
Rachel Spunky.JPG (51.1 KiB) Viewed 313 times

Rachel Alexander @Rach_IC 15h
Replying to @JohnWoo39671251
RINOs in MaRICOpa County came after me to destroy my legal career, the left just ran with their bar complaint.

Rachel Suspended.JPG
Rachel Suspended.JPG (68.57 KiB) Viewed 313 times

Here's the story of what happened, as told by Rachel. This is the best light she can put herself in. You know a story is going to be fair and balanced with it starts with Michelle Malkin. A fuller story not by her is at https://web.archive.org/web/20220124085 ... om/at.html.

The left’s targeting of Rachel legally
03/02/2020 by: Source: IntellectualConservative

Michelle Malkin said about what happened to Rachel Alexander:

“Make no mistake: This is just another nasty battle in the Left’s long war to marginalize, demonize, and criminalize conservative dissent. The selective protection of free speech is unconscionable. The freedom to blog is under assault on so many fronts. It has to stop.”
► Show Spoiler
Although her license to practice law was supposed to be automatically reinstated after an unfair six month suspension, the Arizona State Bar will not reinstate her.

Rachel Alexander is one of the most outspoken conservatives today. She started Intellectual Conservative in 2002, then progressed to writing for websites like Townhall, The Christian Post and Right Wing News. Even left-wing sites like the UK Guardian reached out to her and offered her paid writing gigs.
► Show Spoiler
But ironically, at the same time, for her courageousness in exposing left-wing abuses, she began to be viciously targeted in 2009 by the left, from both the Arizona State Bar and the left-leaning Arizona judiciary. Conservative commentator Michelle Malkin has written the most comprehensive summary of what happened to Rachel here.

It is astounding in so many ways, where to start to explain it all? Rachel’s former boss Thomas, along with Sheriff Joe Arpaio, attempted to prosecute corrupt county supervisors and complicit judges (the supervisors controlled the judges’ budgets so they were untouchable – oops!), for things like spending campaign money on thousands upon thousands of dollars on luxury personal items. Rachel had a very minor role in it all; her name was briefly put on a racketeering (RICO) complaint AFTER it had been filed, and almost none of her research was included on anything that was filed. She was briefly assigned to only that one complaint, as a lesser attorney, supervised under the “RICO” expert in the office. The complaint was withdrawn two and half months later, so nothing ever happened. But based on this, powerful left-wing attorneys connected to the county supervisors and judges who control the State Bar came after her too along with her boss and one of his senior prosecutors. Notably, they did not come after her immediate supervisor, the apolitical RICO expert who had a much larger role in the RICO complaint, drafting and finalizing some of the pleadings, unlike her.
► Show Spoiler
What happened to Rachel could happen to any of us. Rachel supported her ex-husband’s four teenagers (no child support) for much of the six years they were together, and the stress finally destroyed her marriage. She has over $75,000 in student loans she cannot make payments on currently. She had been making payments of $700/mth on her student loans and would have paid them all off by 2013 if this hadn’t destroyed her finances, reputation and ability to make a living. She lost her home to foreclosure in 2012. She now continues to write about other conservatives targeted through the legal system, becoming a specialist on the subject.

Ben Kew is Editor At Large at RedState. A few weeks back, he was still "just askin'" and said he still didn't understand why 2020 election votes weren't all counted the same night. :roll:

Rachel Ben.JPG
Rachel Ben.JPG (53.67 KiB) Viewed 313 times

And she commits HERESY. How DARE SHE hold a belief or opinion contrary to doctrine.

Rachel Alexander @Rach_IC
I just don't see it happening. While the Arizona Supreme Court won't allow some of Judge Thompson's twisted legal reasoning in Kari Lake's case to stand, such as the ridiculously and artificially high standard of requiring proof of misconduct by an official (https://arizonasuntimes.com/news/judge- ... 023/05/23/), they are all paranoid of being labeled "election deniers" the rest of their lives so won't have the guts (https://townhall.com/columnists/rachela ... s-n2620240). I predict they're going to reverse only minor parts of his decision, just like they did the first time around.

Chilidog

Post by Chilidog »

Oh dear Dog....

The first reply and my thoughts exactly...
► Show Spoiler
Suranis

Post by Suranis »

Its very small, but there is a "for" in there. I.e., Kari Lake for Govenor.

I'm much more interested in the flag on her upper arm. What does that symbolise?
Hic sunt dracones

Return to “Governors & State Elections”