Re: President* Trump - *Impeached

Post by RoadScholar »

GreatGrey wrote:
Fri Feb 07, 2020 10:39 pm
MN-Skeptic wrote:
Fri Feb 07, 2020 10:30 pm
Just imagine his face in its natural pink white hue... :sick:
Well OK, you asked.

That gif is a damn good simulation of LSD vision.

Allegedly. :-
The bitterest truth is healthier than the sweetest lie.
X3

RTH10260

Post by RTH10260 »

Barr Installs Outside Prosecutor to Review Case Against Michael Flynn, Ex-Trump Adviser
Amid turmoil in the U.S. attorney’s office in Washington, the attorney general has also sent outside prosecutors to review other politically sensitive cases.

By Charlie Savage, Adam Goldman and Matt Apuzzo
Feb. 14, 2020, 1:02 p.m. ET

WASHINGTON — Attorney General William P. Barr has assigned an outside prosecutor to scrutinize the criminal case against President Trump’s former national security adviser Michael T. Flynn, according to people familiar with the matter.

The review is highly unusual and could trigger more accusations of political interference by top Justice Department officials into the work of career prosecutors.

Mr. Barr has also installed a handful of outside prosecutors to broadly review the handling of other politically sensitive national-security cases in the U.S. attorney’s office in Washington, the people said. The team includes at least one prosecutor from the office of the United States attorney in St. Louis, Jeff Jensen, who is handling the Flynn matter, as well as prosecutors from the office of the deputy attorney general, Jeffrey A. Rosen.

Over the past two weeks, the outside prosecutors have begun grilling line prosecutors in the Washington office about various cases — some public, some not — including investigative steps, prosecutorial actions and why they took them, according to the people. They spoke on condition of anonymity to discuss the sensitive internal deliberations.

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/02/14/us/p ... -barr.html

RTH10260

Post by RTH10260 »

Trump Claims ‘Legal Right’ to Interfere in Justice Dept. Cases
A day after the attorney general publicly rebuked him, President Trump rejected the tradition of an independent Justice Department.

By Michael D. Shear
Feb. 14, 2020
Updated 11:22 a.m. ET

WASHINGTON — President Trump asserted Friday that he had the legal right to intervene in federal criminal cases, a day after Attorney General William P. Barr publicly rebuked him for attacks on Justice Department prosecutors and others involved in the case of Roger J. Stone Jr., the president’s longtime friend.

In a morning tweet, Mr. Trump quoted Mr. Barr saying that the president “has never asked me to do anything in a criminal case.” The president said he had “so far chosen” not to interfere in a criminal case even though he insisted that he was not legally bound to do so.

“This doesn’t mean that I do not have, as President, the legal right to do so, I do, but I have so far chosen not to!” he said.

Though he and Mr. Barr both said the president had not directly asked for any specific inquiries, Mr. Trump has long pressured law enforcement officials both publicly and privately to open investigations into political rivals and to drop inquiries. Mr. Trump also pressed former Attorney General Jeff Sessions to retake control of the Russia investigation after he recused himself.

The assertion by the president, which implicitly rejected a request by Mr. Barr to stop tweeting about the department’s cases, adds to the mounting controversy over the decision by senior Justice Department officials to overrule prosecutors who had recommended a seven- to nine-year sentence for Mr. Stone, who was convicted of seven felonies in a bid to obstruct a congressional investigation that threatened the president.

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/02/14/us/p ... -barr.html

RTH10260

Post by RTH10260 »

Border Patrol Will Deploy Elite Tactical Agents to Sanctuary Cities
Agents from a special tactical team that normally confronts smugglers on the border are being sent to sanctuary cities across the country.

By Caitlin Dickerson and Zolan Kanno-Youngs
Feb. 14, 2020 Updated 3:02 p.m. ET

The Trump administration is deploying law enforcement tactical units from the southern border as part of a supercharged arrest operation in sanctuary cities across the country, an escalation in the president’s battle against localities that refuse to participate in immigration enforcement.

The specially trained officers are being sent to cities including Chicago and New York to boost the enforcement power of local ICE officers, according to two officials who are familiar with the secret operation. Additional agents are expected to be sent to San Francisco, Los Angeles, Atlanta, Houston, Boston, New Orleans, Detroit and Newark, N.J.

The move reflects President Trump’s persistence in cracking down on sanctuary cities, localities that have refused to cooperate in handing over immigrants targeted for deportation to federal authorities. It comes soon after the Justice Department and Department of Homeland Security announced a series of measures that will affect both American citizens and immigrants living in those places.

Lawrence Payne, a spokesman for Customs and Border Protection, confirmed the agency was deploying 100 officers to work with Immigration and Customs Enforcement, which conducts arrests in the interior of the country, “in order to enhance the integrity of the immigration system, protect public safety, and strengthen our national security.”

RTH10260

Post by RTH10260 »

An agent with the U.S. Border Patrol Tactical Unit, known as BORTAC, an elite group that functions essentially as the SWAT of Border Patrol.Credit...Adrees Latif/Reuters

tek

Post by tek »

Palm Beach FL must be a sanctuary city.

There is a domestic terrorist who comes and goes there with impunity.
There's no way back
from there to here

Gregg

Post by Gregg »

Slim Cognito wrote:
Fri Feb 14, 2020 10:21 am
If this goes as well as Kushner's Mid East Peace Plan, we'll be at war with Canada by Labor Day.
I'm rooting for Canada in this one.
Honorary Commander, 699th Airborne Assault Dachshund Regiment
Deadly Sausage Dogs from the Sky

Orlylicious
Location: With Pete Buttigieg and the other "open and defiant homosexuals" --Bryan Fischer AFA
Occupation: "Do Nothing Democrat Savage" -- Donald, 9/28/19 and "Scalawag...Part of an extreme, malicious leftist internet social mob working in concert with weaponized, socialized governments to target and injure political opponents.” -- Walt Fitzpatrick

Post by Orlylicious »

But it's not a cult!

Florida man complains after dialysis center prevents him from bringing Trump cutout to treatment
BY BROOKE SEIPEL - 02/14/20 07:31 PM EST

A Florida man whose family cannot be with him during his hours-long weekly dialysis treatments is upset with medical staff who say he can't bring a lifesize cutout of President Trump. Nelson Gibson of Port St. Lucie, told local ABC affiliate WBPF that he at first only brought a photo of Trump as a comfort item during his treatments. "It just feels like bringing something from home to make you comfortable," Gibson said.

No one complained about the photo, according to Gibson. Then he started bringing a small cardboard cutout of himself standing next to Trump, which staff also did not complain about. Gibson said he then began bringing a life-size cutout of the president with him to treatment. While he brought the life-size version with him multiple times, he says last Tuesday he faced a complaint from staffers at the Fresenius Kidney Care. "They told me it was too much and it wasn't a rally," Gibson told WBPF.

Gibson complained that the Trump cutout is not disruptive and he does not understand why it is not allowed. He stopped going for treatment over the incident. In a statement, Fresenius Kidney Care's spokesperson said the organization strongly supports "the ability of all our patients to express their views." "While we cannot discuss any specific individual, we strongly support the ability of all our patients to express their views, which includes bringing reasonably sized items into our dialysis centers that do not create safety or infection control issues, or interfere with caregivers on the treatment floor," Brad Puffer said.
https://thehill.com/homenews/news/48320 ... ging-trump

Where did he even get that? My first reaction would be to get a lifesized Obama and sit across from him :P

Was complimenting Garrett Graff last night (he was on with Don Lemon, we follow each other and have a running joke about his ties) on Twitter, and people had nasty/snarky comments. Complimented him on his own page. Looked and they are just ALL IN ANGRY on their pages, tens of thousands of tweets, they are making themselves totally stressed out and sick trying to display absolute loyalty.

It's still amazing, for all the hassles with the GOP, when President Obama was in office most of his supporters were fairly happy, right? But these people... even when they had Congress and the Executive, they were ALL IN ANGRY. It's just never stopped. They barely talk about any of the good things they should like, it's constantly "owning the libs" or whatever silly thing they think they're doing.

:lol: 8-)

StaceyinVirginia
@scm15010
You are blocked from following @scm15010 and viewing @scm15010's Tweets
#Birther #Grifter #Liar Mike Zullo is Too Hot For TV! And hey, don't miss The Fogbow's Favorite TV Show™ starring the titular Mama June Shannon -- "Mama June: From Not To Hot -- Family Crisis!" New Season in March on weTV!

Domenico

Post by Domenico »

Honestly, I hope he dies from lack of treatment. He is the perfect Darwin Award recipient. Really, truly, abso-fucking-lutely. Fuck all Trumptards, die, motherfuckers, die!

neonzx

Post by neonzx »

Orlylicious wrote:
Sat Feb 15, 2020 12:45 am
But it's not a cult!
No one complained about the photo, according to Gibson. Then he started bringing a small cardboard cutout of himself standing next to Trump
:?

Life-size cardboard cutouts as emotional support items. I guess next they will be demanding to bring them on airplanes, too also.
To which Trump replied, Fuck the law. I don't give a fuck about the law. I want my fucking money.

tek

Post by tek »

Orlylicious wrote:

Where did he even get that? My first reaction would be to get a lifesized Obama and sit across from him :P
I might alternate between bamz and hillary.. :mrgreen:
There's no way back
from there to here

ZekeB

Post by ZekeB »

Everyone knows Trump did it just as everyone knows OJ did it.
Trump: Er hat eine größere Ente als ich.

Putin: Du bist kleiner als ich.

RTH10260

Post by RTH10260 »

neonzx wrote:
Sat Feb 15, 2020 6:36 am
Orlylicious wrote:
But it's not a cult!
No one complained about the photo, according to Gibson. Then he started bringing a small cardboard cutout of himself standing next to Trump
:?

Life-size cardboard cutouts as emotional support items. I guess next they will be demanding to bring them on airplanes, too also.
With fully paid seat :!:

:twisted: and I wait for the emergency landing call of Brace...Brace... Brace... to push down the cutout head and clip its neck :twisted:

pipistrelle

Post by pipistrelle »

https://www.washingtonpost.com/health/2 ... treatment/
First, the 59-year-old Floridian brought an 8-by-10-inch picture. Then his son Photoshopped a small cardboard cutout of Gibson with his political hero grinning beside him, giving a thumbs-up. It stood on a ledge as Gibson reclined in his shirt embroidered with Trump’s name and his custom shoes bearing the president’s face.
Not weird at all.

Slim Cognito

Post by Slim Cognito »

Orlylicious wrote:
But it's not a cult!

Florida man complains after dialysis center prevents him from bringing Trump cutout to treatment
BY BROOKE SEIPEL - 02/14/20 07:31 PM EST

A Florida man whose family cannot be with him during his hours-long weekly dialysis treatments is upset with medical staff who say he can't bring a lifesize cutout of President Trump. Nelson Gibson of Port St. Lucie, told local ABC affiliate WBPF that he at first only brought a photo of Trump as a comfort item during his treatments. "It just feels like bringing something from home to make you comfortable," Gibson said.

Floriduh man.....(sigh)
but right wing entertainers make more money keeping you angry...

Ain't that the (sad, pathetic, despicable) truth?
Hubs (and me) at the Rockabilly Fest
ImageImageImage x4

RTH10260

Post by RTH10260 »

RTH10260 wrote:
Fri Feb 14, 2020 4:22 pm
An agent with the U.S. Border Patrol Tactical Unit, known as BORTAC, an elite group that functions essentially as the SWAT of Border Patrol.Credit...Adrees Latif/Reuters

Lani

Post by Lani »

Insert signature here: ____________________________________________________

Slim Cognito

Post by Slim Cognito »

Lots of patients refuse to give up sweets, or alcohol, or salt, and I empathize with their personal struggle but if you can't leave your life-size cutout of trump at home for a few hours - sorry, you've lost me. This is *religious* snake handling levels of stupid.

What next? Does he duct-tape a doggie "support animal" vest around it?
ImageImageImage x4

fierceredpanda
Location: BAR Headquarters - Turn left past the picture of King George III
Occupation: Criminal defense attorney - I am not your lawyer, and my posts do not constitute legal advice

Post by fierceredpanda »

Natural selection at work.
"There's no play here. There's no angle. There's no champagne room. I'm not a miracle worker, I'm a janitor. The math on this is simple; the smaller the mess, the easier it is for me to clean up." -Michael Clayton

pipistrelle

Post by pipistrelle »

Slim Cognito wrote:
Sun Feb 16, 2020 9:13 am
Lots of patients refuse to give up sweets, or alcohol, or salt, and I empathize with their personal struggle but if you can't leave your life-size cutout of trump at home for a few hours - sorry, you've lost me. This is *religious* snake handling levels of stupid.

What next? Does he duct-tape a doggie "support animal" vest around it?
Having something that large in the tight confines of a medical center is hazardous to the staff and everyone else. I'm sure this is being done to gin up outrage, although he can still bring the small versions and wear his Trump shirt and shoes. He can also try another center. I can't imagine anyone can go without dialysis for long.

Slim Cognito

Post by Slim Cognito »

Dialysis is a last resort, albeit temporary, solution. How long you have depends on multiple factors including patient cooperation, the body’s response to the dialysis and other conditions one suffers, both acute and chronic. In these circumstances, stupidity and belligerence will kill you and you have no one to blame but yourself. That said, that doesn’t mean the family won’t file a medical malpractice suit.
ImageImageImage x4

Patagoniagirl

Post by Patagoniagirl »

The last thing I would want in my face when having a medical procedure would be religious or political bs, or others' personal affirmations. In my opinion, those things have no place in medical settings.

neonzx

Post by neonzx »

Not to mention he isn't the only patient going to this facility. I wouldn't want a full-sized Trump cutout coming down the hall when I'm already stressed-out over the procedure. F this guy for wanting to turn the medical facility into a mini MAGA rally for an audience of one.
To which Trump replied, Fuck the law. I don't give a fuck about the law. I want my fucking money.

Tiredretiredlawyer
Occupation: Permanent probationary slave to 1 dog, 1 cat, and 1 horse, 4 granddogs, and one grandcat.

Post by Tiredretiredlawyer »

neonzx wrote:
Sun Feb 16, 2020 1:00 pm
Not to mention he isn't the only patient going to this facility. I wouldn't want a full-sized Trump cutout coming down the hall when I'm already stressed-out over the procedure. F this guy for wanting to turn the medical facility into a mini MAGA rally for an audience of one.
:thumbs: :clap:
A 19th Amendment Centennial Moment:
The 19th Amendment was first introduced to Congress in 1878, yet it was not approved by Congress until 1919 – 41 years later.
- https://legaldictionary.net/19th-amendment/

Kendra

Post by Kendra »

:roll:

Return to “Trump Administration”