Spring forward.
To delete this message, click the X at top right.

School related violence

RTH10260
Verified: ✔️ Eurobot

Re: School related violence

Post by RTH10260 »

Question from an IANAL:
" and 12 counts of possession of a firearm." --- how does one get to this count? Was he carrying the firearm on 12 days away from home?
W. Kevin Vicklund

Post by W. Kevin Vicklund »

RTH10260 wrote: Wed Dec 01, 2021 3:53 pm Question from an IANAL:
" and 12 counts of possession of a firearm." --- how does one get to this count? Was he carrying the firearm on 12 days away from home?
It's a charge that's tacked onto every crime he committed, because he committed the crime while illegally in possession of a firearm.
W. Kevin Vicklund

I just learned from my FIL that Dr. Vicklund's great-great grandmother was once principal of Oxford High School.
raison de arizona
Verified: ✔️ he/him/his

Post by raison de arizona »

Kendra wrote: Wed Dec 01, 2021 3:00 pm https://www.thedailybeast.com/ethan-cru ... ss-shooter
The shooter who allegedly killed four students and injured seven, including a teacher, at Michigan’s Oxford High School has been publicly identified as 15-year-old sophomore Ethan Crumbley.

At a Wednesday press conference, Oakland County prosecutor Karen McDonald told reporters that Crumbley has been charged as an adult with one count of terrorism, four counts of first-degree murder, seven counts of assault with intent to murder, and 12 counts of possession of a firearm. More charges may be added later, said McDonald.

McDonald said evidence shows Crumbley started planning the attack “well before the incident.”

“This isn’t even a close call,” she said. “This was absolutely premeditated.
Edit:
Just finished reading the whole article linked above. Do read more about the parents.
“Witnesses said he was tugging on doors,” he said Wednesday. “We know from visible evidence he shot through doors.”
There are videos of this. They are terrifying. He knocked doors and pretended to be a sheriff attempting to get people to open the doors, telling them it was all clear.
“Remember, democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet that did not commit suicide.” —John Adams
pipistrelle

Post by pipistrelle »

The mother to TFG:
Hidden Content
This board requires you to be registered and logged-in to view hidden content.
raison de arizona

pipistrelle wrote: Wed Dec 01, 2021 5:59 pm The mother to TFG:
Hidden Content
This board requires you to be registered and logged-in to view hidden content.
Apple, tree, etc.
“Remember, democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet that did not commit suicide.” —John Adams
Dave from down under

Post by Dave from down under »

Lt. Tim Willis told a judge that Ethan Crumbley recorded a video the night before the violence in which he discussed killing students.

Perfectly normal teen behaviour.. :/
filly

Post by filly »

Dave from down under wrote: Wed Dec 01, 2021 6:21 pm Lt. Tim Willis told a judge that Ethan Crumbley recorded a video the night before the violence in which he discussed killing students.

Just like most terrorists!
AndyinPA
Verified:

Post by AndyinPA »

Made the threatening video Monday, killed people yesterday, pled not guilty today. Yep, that's the American way. :brickwallsmall:
"Choose your leaders with wisdom and forethought. To be led by a coward is to be controlled by all that the coward fears… To be led by a liar is to ask to be told lies." -Octavia E. Butler
pipistrelle

Post by pipistrelle »

filly wrote: Wed Dec 01, 2021 6:49 pm
Dave from down under wrote: Wed Dec 01, 2021 6:21 pm Lt. Tim Willis told a judge that Ethan Crumbley recorded a video the night before the violence in which he discussed killing students.

He’s being charged with terrorism, if what I saw is correct.
filly

Post by filly »

pipistrelle wrote: Wed Dec 01, 2021 8:31 pm
filly wrote: Wed Dec 01, 2021 6:49 pm

He’s being charged with terrorism, if what I saw is correct.
Correct, thus my comment.
raison de arizona

D7B07650-8576-496B-8901-C359D7661E21.jpeg
D7B07650-8576-496B-8901-C359D7661E21.jpeg (96.43 KiB) Viewed 2288 times
raison de arizona

Michigan school shooting, more threats prompt multiple districts to cancel classes
Social media posts threatening more violence after the deadly Oxford High School shooting led to the wave of closures Wednesday night.

Multiple school districts in suburban Detroit will be closed Thursday due to threats of more violence in the wake of the tragic Oxford High School shooting that left four dead.
:snippity:
https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news/mi ... s-rcna7364
MN-Skeptic

Post by MN-Skeptic »

AndyinPA wrote: Wed Dec 01, 2021 7:10 pm Made the threatening video Monday, killed people yesterday, pled not guilty today. Yep, that's the American way. :brickwallsmall:
Missing so far: I’m a victim.
raison de arizona

MN-Skeptic wrote: Thu Dec 02, 2021 1:54 pm
AndyinPA wrote: Wed Dec 01, 2021 7:10 pm Made the threatening video Monday, killed people yesterday, pled not guilty today. Yep, that's the American way. :brickwallsmall:
Missing so far: I’m a victim.
I keep seeing the football player that was killed trying to rush him and take the gun. All I can think of is Grosskreutz, and how he was found to be at fault.

Also, what's up with using the really old kid pictures of the (alleged) criminal? I find that disgusting.
Suranis

Post by Suranis »

Honestly, I found it just as disturbing when they kept using pictures of Treyvon martin when he was 12. It was creating an inaccurate impression then, and its doing the same now.
Hic sunt dracones
W. Kevin Vicklund

Yeah, several friends got calls last night that their schools were closing down for a couple of days because of copycat threats.
raison de arizona

W. Kevin Vicklund wrote: Thu Dec 02, 2021 4:04 pm Yeah, several friends got calls last night that their schools were closing down for a couple of days because of copycat threats.
As if the original event wasn't bad enough, now children from schools and districts that weren't even involved have to be further terrorized. :crying:
Volkonski
Verified:

Post by Volkonski »

“If everyone fought for their own convictions there would be no war.” ― Leo Tolstoy, War and Peace
Liz

Post by Liz »

There are 7 neighboring surrounding schools districts that have cancelled classes because of threats.

In 2016 Ethan Crumbley's mother penned a bizarre open letter to former President Donald Trump that revealed her son "struggles" at school. She thanked him for "allowing my right to bear arms" and asked him to "end Common Core." 'in fact, I sacrifice car insurance to make sure my son gets a good education and hopefully succeeds in life.'... so much for that hope.

She went on to say "You made the famous 'grab them in the p**sy” comment, did it offend me? No. I say things all the time that people take the wrong way, do I mean them, not always. Do I agree that you should have shown your tax returns? No. I don’t care what you do or maybe don’t pay in taxes."

She signed the letter as:
“A hard working Middle Class Law Abiding Citizen who is sick of getting f*cked in the ass and would rather be grabbed by the p*ssy.”
https://www.the-sun.com/news/4190727/et ... -shooting/
filly

Post by filly »

Liz wrote: Thu Dec 02, 2021 8:05 pm There are 7 neighboring surrounding schools districts that have cancelled classes because of threats.

In 2016 Ethan Crumbley's mother penned a bizarre open letter to former President Donald Trump that revealed her son "struggles" at school. She thanked him for "allowing my right to bear arms" and asked him to "end Common Core." 'in fact, I sacrifice car insurance to make sure my son gets a good education and hopefully succeeds in life.'... so much for that hope.

She went on to say "You made the famous 'grab them in the p**sy” comment, did it offend me? No. I say things all the time that people take the wrong way, do I mean them, not always. Do I agree that you should have shown your tax returns? No. I don’t care what you do or maybe don’t pay in taxes."

She signed the letter as:
“A hard working Middle Class Law Abiding Citizen who is sick of getting f*cked in the ass and would rather be grabbed by the p*ssy.”
https://www.the-sun.com/news/4190727/et ... -shooting/
Thanks. These facts have already been posted in this thread .
Dave from down under

Post by Dave from down under »

She could have sold her guns to pay for his education....

Oh wait... that wouldn't work.. since she was educating him to be a terrorist..
Kendra

Post by Kendra »

Parents charged with four counts involuntary manslaughter.
raison de arizona

Kendra wrote: Fri Dec 03, 2021 12:17 pm Parents charged with four counts involuntary manslaughter.
Right on! :thumbsup:

It's far past time to hold irresponsible gun owners accountable.

https://www.nytimes.com/2021/12/03/us/c ... oting.html
Kris Brown, president of the gun control group Brady United, said that Michigan, unlike nearly 30 other states, did not have what was known as a child-access prevention law requiring adults to keep any guns in their home out of the reach of children.

“The idea is that if you have a kid in the home, even if it is not your own kid, any firearm needs to be stored safely — which means unloaded, locked and separated from any ammunition,” Ms. Brown said.

States like California and New York set tougher safety standards for gun owners while more gun-friendly states in the Southeast impose penalties only if a child actually obtains or fires a gun.

“Michigan doesn’t have a strong law or a weak law,” Ms. Brown said. “It has no law on this.”
pipistrelle

Post by pipistrelle »

Just curious — how is different from some other juvenile shootings?

Return to “U.S. Culture and Media”