Spring forward.
To delete this message, click the X at top right.

Sugar Magnolia

Tell us about yourself. But only things you want us to know.
Kriselda Gray
Verified:

Sugar Magnolia

Post by Kriselda Gray »

Oh, Sugar! I'm so very sorry you have so much to deal with - it's no wonder you can't sleep!

:bighug: :bighug: :bighug:

I hope your problems start resolving themselves and that you are able to get the rest you need!
SuzieC
Verified:

Sugar Magnolia

Post by SuzieC »

:bighug: :bighug: :bighug:
jemcanada2

Sugar Magnolia

Post by jemcanada2 »

Slim Cognito wrote: Wed Nov 02, 2022 6:54 am
:yeahthat:

:bighug: :bighug:
June bug

Sugar Magnolia

Post by June bug »

Oh my Sugar, you have an awful lot on your plate. Sending you :bighug: :bighug:

I've watched you over the years with absolute admiration because you always manage to find the strength you need, not only for yourself but for all the people and causes you care about. You're a real hero, kiddo!
AndyinPA
Verified:

Sugar Magnolia

Post by AndyinPA »

Oh, Sugar, that's so much to have on your plate at once. You know other people here, and other places, I'm sure, have you in their hearts.
"Choose your leaders with wisdom and forethought. To be led by a coward is to be controlled by all that the coward fears… To be led by a liar is to ask to be told lies." -Octavia E. Butler
MsDaisy
Verified:

Sugar Magnolia

Post by MsDaisy »

:( :bighug:
Tiredretiredlawyer
Verified: ✅🐴🐎🦄🌻5000 posts and counting

Sugar Magnolia

Post by Tiredretiredlawyer »

Well, HELL!

I was going to post this to the listening thread. It seems to fit here though.

Cut the offending hair, sugar. That's one less irritant.

Sending you strengthening thoughts. :bighug:

https://hiddenbrain.org/podcast/a-better-way-to-worry/
"Mickey Mouse and I grew up together." - Ruthie Tompson, Disney animation checker and scene planner and one of the first women to become a member of the International Photographers Union in 1952.
sugar magnolia

Sugar Magnolia

Post by sugar magnolia »

A little good news. I only had to escalate the insurance issue 2 levels before some supervisor looked at my records and said they don't mail the cards until the day the policy takes effect but he would be happy to email me one for my doctor to use until it gets here. It was in my email before I could say thank you to him. He had no idea why I was getting conflicting info from the other people I had spoken to.

And they have moved my pre-op scans to the 11th instead of the 15th so I'll have those results by Friday afternoon. Hoping the little fucker isn't any bigger.

Thank you for all the kind words. I was just a bit freaked out this morning and need a good brain puke.
Volkonski
Verified:

Sugar Magnolia

Post by Volkonski »

:bighug:
“If everyone fought for their own convictions there would be no war.” ― Leo Tolstoy, War and Peace
AndyinPA
Verified:

Sugar Magnolia

Post by AndyinPA »

A little good news is still good news. :bighug:
"Choose your leaders with wisdom and forethought. To be led by a coward is to be controlled by all that the coward fears… To be led by a liar is to ask to be told lies." -Octavia E. Butler
Tiredretiredlawyer

Sugar Magnolia

"Brain Pukes R Us". :biggrin:
"Mickey Mouse and I grew up together." - Ruthie Tompson, Disney animation checker and scene planner and one of the first women to become a member of the International Photographers Union in 1952.
sugar magnolia

Sugar Magnolia

Post by sugar magnolia »

OK, going get my hair cut this weekend, but right now, I'm going back to bed. I'm too old to stay awake all night any more.
Phoenix520
Verified:

Sugar Magnolia

Post by Phoenix520 »

Well, you can read this when you get up. :P

How DARE that bitch (pick the bitch) steal money from a non-profit, from mom…it’s hard to be eternally vigilant and there are people out there just waiting for you to drop your guard. I hope we hear soon that she’s busted right and proper. Either one.
Annrc
Verified:

Sugar Magnolia

Post by Annrc »

:bighug: :bighug:

Short hair is cool! It accentuates the beauty of the individual! I could go into the horrors of being a bookkeeper for Non-profits, but it would take up too much space here. Good for you for keeping on.

Take care.
p0rtia

Sugar Magnolia

Post by p0rtia »

Well, fuck. Glad about the insurance. Any momentary port in an apocalypse. ❤️
humblescribe
Verified:

Sugar Magnolia

Post by humblescribe »

Thinking of you, SM.

Youse have enough on your plate for about six people. Stay strong! :bighug:
"Some cause happiness wherever they go; others whenever they go." O. Wilde
Fiascoist

Sugar Magnolia

Post by Fiascoist »

Yeah, for the good news. Maybe the rant helped to allow your brain to make plans of action. Take a nap or two, eat something tasty, best if it is something bad for you, and start tackling things you can make a difference on. And then offer a comforting shoulder on the remaining ones. Take care in the meantime and we are here if another rant is needed.
Lani

Sugar Magnolia

Post by Lani »

sugar magnolia wrote: Wed Nov 02, 2022 12:12 pm OK, going get my hair cut this weekend, but right now, I'm going back to bed. I'm too old to stay awake all night any more.
LOL, that reminds me to cut my hair. I've only done it once since 2020. It's a mess.
Image You can't wait until life isn't hard anymore before you decide to be happy.
sugar magnolia

Sugar Magnolia

Post by sugar magnolia »

My last oncology appointment EVER (except to get my port flushed in 3 months) was last Thursday. As of this coming March I will be 1 year cancer free. Last radiation follow-up on Jan 31. Surgical follow-up on Jan 24 to plan port removal. CT in July to clear me FOREVER! Or at least for another year. Eye appointment today to clear me from any side effects of the Keytruda. My blood work looked so good I don't even have to do the Keytruda any more.

The only half-way bad thing discovered by the poking and prodding is that I have "degenerative arthritis of the spine. c1-c3 and c-5-c-6" and probably a bunch of other joints, but all they x-rayed was my neck. Off to the physical terrorist today to see if we can do anything about the pain before it gets to the point of surgical intervention. The pain has been getting progressively worse for the last 2 years, but we all, me included, wrote it off as the joint pain side effects of 3 of my meds. My PCP has changed a couple of the meds with no improvement so off to the radiologist I went. Yep. Not a side effect. A new issue altogether.

And on the embezzlement front, we sent ballots to the entire membership (over 200 people) to let them decide what to do about it. We've already received over 100 replies and will open and count them tomorrow at 4:00. If they leave it up to the Board to decide what to do, our next phone call will be to the DA to see about filing charges. I'll just be happy to have it all over with and a decision in place. The stress can't be good for my neck.
Foggy
Dick Tater
Verified: as seen on qvc zombie apocalypse

Sugar Magnolia

Post by Foggy »

My physical terrorist is a gift. Never really thought much of them before, never had one like this before.

But my guy has a crack team of four people who really are improving me. I mean really improving how my body works.

So if you don't get results from the first one, look around, talk to people you know (I know you know a million people).

And congratulations on a year cancer-free. I hope you have 50 more years without cancer. :bighug:
Some things are simply too fast, or too relentless to avoid. Like the North Carolina rain.

Or the future.
AndyinPA
Verified:

Sugar Magnolia

Post by AndyinPA »

That's (mostly) great news, All the best. :thumbsup: :bighug:
Tiredretiredlawyer

Sugar Magnolia

:groupdance: :banana: :bunny: :stamp:

Now THAT'S how you deal with cancer!! Way to go, Sugar!!!!
Slim Cognito
Verified:

Sugar Magnolia

Post by Slim Cognito »

What Andy said. :boxing:
Pup Dennis in training to be a guide dog & given to a deserving vet. Thx! ImageImageImage x4
p0rtia

Sugar Magnolia

Post by p0rtia »

:bunny: :bunny: :bunny:
Dr. Caligari

Sugar Magnolia

Post by Dr. Caligari »

Tiredretiredlawyer wrote: Mon Jan 09, 2023 12:40 pm :groupdance: :banana: :bunny: :stamp:

Now THAT'S how you deal with cancer!! Way to go, Sugar!!!!

Yay, Sugar!
:cheer2: :cheer1:
J.D., Miskatonic University School of Law

Return to “Introduce Yourself”