Spring forward.
To delete this message, click the X at top right.

Ukraine

RVInit

Re: Ukraine

Post by RVInit »

Phoenix520 wrote: Mon Apr 18, 2022 10:31 pm Ben-Prime :bighug:
:bighug:
There's a lot of things that need to change. One specifically? Police brutality.
--Colin Kaepernick
Tiredretiredlawyer
Verified: ✅🐴🐎🦄🌻5000 posts and counting

Re: Ukraine

Post by Tiredretiredlawyer »

His face is, what do you call it, hmmm, telling! That's it!
"Mickey Mouse and I grew up together." - Ruthie Tompson, Disney animation checker and scene planner and one of the first women to become a member of the International Photographers Union in 1952.
Foggy
Dick Tater
Verified: as seen on qvc zombie apocalypse

Ukraine

Post by Foggy »

So I have an extension I add to Firefox and Chrome called Momentum, and it shows photos of interesting spots around the globe instead of the same old same old home page. And a clock, in case I don't have enough clocks in my life.

This morning they showed me a spot in Ukraine, so I screencapped it.

kamyana_mohyla.png
Out from under. :thumbsup:
Suranis

Ukraine

Post by Suranis »

Hey. My cleaner asked my to ask someone in the US to sponsor someone from Ukraine, so I thought I would ask here. Its specifically her Cousin. It's using a genuine US progam where if someone sponsors you you can come to the USA

The program address is https://ukraine.welcome.us/connect if you want to check it out. I don't know anymore about it than whats on this website

If you want to talk to him, PM me and I'll give you his Gmail address.

Thanks for reading.
Hic sunt dracones
Volkonski
Verified:

Ukraine

Post by Volkonski »

Ukraine's President Zelesnky is coming to Washington, DC this week. This is his first trip outside the Ukraine since the Russians invaded.
“If everyone fought for their own convictions there would be no war.” ― Leo Tolstoy, War and Peace
Volkonski
Verified:

Ukraine

Post by Volkonski »

Steve Herman
@w7voa@journa.host
There are media reports #Ukraine President Zelenskyy will speak in person to the US Congress on Wednesday night.

Also-

“If everyone fought for their own convictions there would be no war.” ― Leo Tolstoy, War and Peace
Ben-Prime
Verified: ✅MamaSaysI'mBonaFide

Ukraine

Post by Ben-Prime »

Volkonski wrote: Tue Dec 20, 2022 6:38 pm Steve Herman
@w7voa@journa.host
There are media reports #Ukraine President Zelenskyy will speak in person to the US Congress on Wednesday night.

Also-

So Leonard Cohen was right and Democracy Is Coming To the USA?
But the sunshine aye shall light the sky,
As round and round we run;
And the truth shall ever come uppermost,
And justice shall be done.

- Charles Mackay, "Eternal Justice"
Volkonski
Verified:

Ukraine

Post by Volkonski »

AFP News Agency
@AFP@mediastodon.com
#UPDATE Zelensky will join Biden at the White House for the announcement of a 'significant new package of security assistance,' White House spokeswoman Karine Jean-Pierre says A senior administration official says that includes advanced Patriot air defense missiles
Gregg

Ukraine

Post by Gregg »

We are going to end up in that war. Not sure how we can morally avoid it, it's Czechoslovakia 2.0 and if we don't do something we'll end up regretting it.
Supreme Commander, Imperial Illuminati Air Force
:dog:

You don't have to consent, but I'm gonna tase you anyway.
neeneko

Ukraine

Post by neeneko »

Gregg wrote: Wed Dec 21, 2022 3:50 am We are going to end up in that war. Not sure how we can morally avoid it, it's Czechoslovakia 2.0 and if we don't do something we'll end up regretting it.
I imagine this conflict is going to spawn a generation or two of what ifs. I already hear a lot of regret, but also a lot of cold war themed fear or even echos of Korea/Vietnam.
Suranis

Ukraine

Post by Suranis »

And I know in the sense that I know that the message this is giving is that if you have Noooklear Veapons, the United States wont come in to attack you for doing shit, like they did with Afghanistan and Iraq. So get your ass to Nooks and you can do what the fuck you want.
Hic sunt dracones
AndyinPA
Verified:

Ukraine

Post by AndyinPA »

The last White House visit.

"Choose your leaders with wisdom and forethought. To be led by a coward is to be controlled by all that the coward fears… To be led by a liar is to ask to be told lies." -Octavia E. Butler
neonzx
Verified: 🤩✅✅✅✅✅🤩

Ukraine

Post by neonzx »

AndyinPA wrote: Wed Dec 21, 2022 11:25 am The last White House visit.
Oh My. This photo again. :rotflmao: There are some many thoughts that could have been rolling in his head during that stillshot caught on camera. What an embarrassment tfg was for us on the world stage.
Suranis

Ukraine

Post by Suranis »

People said at the time that he didn't understand English and he was confused. We now know, of course, that his English is decent.
Hic sunt dracones
Volkonski
Verified:

Ukraine

Post by Volkonski »

Jennifer Bendery
@jbendery@birdsite.tcjc.uk
Pelosi says for security reasons, the House Sergeant at Arms has announced there will be no guests allowed in the House Gallery – with the exception of official guests of President Zelenskyy.
Volkonski
Verified:

Ukraine

Post by Volkonski »

Jennifer Bendery
@jbendery@birdsite.tcjc.uk
New Dear Colleague letter from Pelosi:

"It is with great pride and solemnity that, tonight, we will welcome President Volodymyr Zelenskyy of Ukraine to address a Joint Meeting of Congress. This special session is anticipated to begin at 7:30 p.m. E.T."
Mr brolin
Verified: ✅ as vaguely humanoid

Ukraine

Post by Mr brolin »

neeneko wrote: Wed Dec 21, 2022 6:21 am
Gregg wrote: Wed Dec 21, 2022 3:50 am We are going to end up in that war. Not sure how we can morally avoid it, it's Czechoslovakia 2.0 and if we don't do something we'll end up regretting it.
I imagine this conflict is going to spawn a generation or two of what ifs. I already hear a lot of regret, but also a lot of cold war themed fear or even echos of Korea/Vietnam.
I'm afraid I envisage another DMZ like zone a-la NORKland except with a fuckton (technical military phrase) of NATO iron along the borders with Russia and Belarus. Major prepositioning of materiel in Poland and very regular firepower exercises, river crossing under fire and all arms amphibious training exercises.

The uncertainty element is the Crimea region. Its still really Ukrainian territory under occupation but highly strategic to the Russians. They won't give it up willingly
Volkonski
Verified:

Ukraine

Post by Volkonski »

NBC News :verified:
@nbcnews@news.twtr.plus
LIVE UPDATES: President Zelenskyy lands in the U.S. to meet with President Biden and deliver an address to Congress in his first known trip outside of Ukraine since Russia invaded 10 months ago. https://nbcnews.to/3jmmJc3
neeneko

Ukraine

Post by neeneko »

Mr brolin wrote: Wed Dec 21, 2022 12:55 pm The uncertainty element is the Crimea region. Its still really Ukrainian territory under occupation but highly strategic to the Russians. They won't give it up willingly
I am more worried about the potential situations between with the Kaliningrad/Gotland strait, and the Suwalki gap. Neither Russia nor NATO have tested those issues but there is so much room for paranoia and escalation there. Neither can afford the other controlling them, so both depend on sharing, which could end at any moment.
Volkonski
Verified:

Ukraine

Post by Volkonski »

@nbcnews@news.twtr.plus
LATEST: Standing besides President Zelenskyy, President Biden pledges to aid Ukraine "as long it takes" in its fight to repel Russia.
https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/white-hou
Volkonski
Verified:

Ukraine

Post by Volkonski »

@nbcnews@news.twtr.plus
When asked what a fair end to the war could look like, President Zelenskyy said it would mean there is "no compromises as to the sovereignty and territorial integrity of my country (and) payback for all the damages inflicted by Russian aggression." https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/congress/
Volkonski
Verified:

Ukraine

Post by Volkonski »

Ukraine War Bulletins and News
@SocraticEthics@mastodon.online
⚡️🇺🇸 On Ukrainian Military Aid, House Republicans Are Cool But Senate Republicans Rally (NBC News VIDEO) #Ukraine #News #War #Russia
Volkonski
Verified:

Ukraine

Post by Volkonski »

Ukraine War Bulletins and News
@SocraticEthics@mastodon.online
⚡️🇺🇸 Bill Taylor: U.S. ‘Willingness’ To Provide Weapons To Ukraine Has ‘Gone Up’ (NBC News VIDEO) #Ukraine #News #War #Russia
p0rtia

Ukraine

Post by p0rtia »

Damn. That was some speech. Delivered with extraordinary emotion; an emotion that is only seen in great war speeches.

One of the best. And I'm thinking Churchill, Roosevelt, and Hal.
New Turtle

Ukraine

Post by New Turtle »

Return to “Russian Invasion of Ukraine”