Spring forward.
To delete this message, click the X at top right.

Ukraine

Kriselda Gray
Verified:

Re: Ukraine

Post by Kriselda Gray »

orlylicious wrote: Wed Mar 16, 2022 9:59 am Neon, that was the point, Maggie didn't repeat what he said and I didn't either. We're all in agreement. :P
Actually, Maggie DID quote him in her very next Tweet. If you click the "Read XX replies" it's the next one down. I'm not linking or quoting, though, because I don't want to repeat it, either.
Chilidog

Post by Chilidog »

Kriselda Gray wrote: Wed Mar 16, 2022 12:16 pm But, wow, I thought WE had a long anthem!! LOL :)
We do. But no one sings the long version with the lyrics about killing runaway slaves.
raison de arizona
Verified: ✔️ he/him/his

Post by raison de arizona »

Chilidog wrote: Wed Mar 16, 2022 12:30 pm
Kriselda Gray wrote: Wed Mar 16, 2022 12:16 pm But, wow, I thought WE had a long anthem!! LOL :)
We do. But no one sings the long version with the lyrics about killing runaway slaves.
Off Topic
It's a bit more nuanced than that. The lyrics in question:
No refuge could save the hireling and slave
From the terror of flight or the gloom of the grave,
And the star-spangled banner in triumph doth wave
O’er the land of the free and the home of the brave.
At the time, the British were recruiting slaves to run away and join the fight against the Americans with the British, after which they would be rewarded with their freedom. Which they were.

So yeah, still pretty bad, who am I kidding?
“Remember, democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet that did not commit suicide.” —John Adams
Suranis

Post by Suranis »

Kriselda Gray wrote: Wed Mar 16, 2022 12:13 pm
sugar magnolia wrote: Mon Mar 14, 2022 6:07 pm Why is the media so careful to use "Kyiv" instead of "Kiev" and yet they use "Odessa" instead of "Odesa" most of the time?
Given how long it took to switch from Kiev to Kyiv, I'm not surprised they haven't gotten "Odesa" figured out yet...
"Odessa" has been in the popular culture for a long time. A lot of war movies use the spelling, books and other media. It's just a different spelling in a different language, like "Koln" and "Cologne" are the same city.
Hic sunt dracones
Phoenix520
Verified:

Post by Phoenix520 »

Chilidog

Post by Chilidog »

5FCEBD70-9E60-4491-AE82-A5F4FD553118.jpeg
5FCEBD70-9E60-4491-AE82-A5F4FD553118.jpeg (103.13 KiB) Viewed 1184 times
Dr. Ken

Post by Dr. Ken »

fucktard peter schiff is getting dragged for this tweet
ImageImagePhilly Boondoggle
raison de arizona

Dr. Ken wrote: Wed Mar 16, 2022 2:26 pm fucktard peter schiff is getting dragged for this tweet
https://twitter.com/PeterSchiff/status/ ... 6598146058
Yeah, and he is doubling and tripling down in his replies. He's a real piece of garbage.

“Remember, democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet that did not commit suicide.” —John Adams
New Turtle

Post by New Turtle »

LOL check out anytime Schiff posts something about bitcoin, he gets hammered in the replies by a bunch of crypto bros.
pipistrelle

Post by pipistrelle »

Ummm, he may not have a closet right now. Crimony.
neeneko

Post by neeneko »

Oddly enough, I am guessing his choice of attire was pretty deliberate and effective. If he had wanted a pressed and cleaned suit, it likely could have been arranged. But at the moment he is really building on the 'warrior king' image, a leader from the front lines down, hands on, practical, in with the ranks, etc. It has been a really effective image, and keeping with it while addressing congress builds narrative continuity that can be pretty powerful.

Schiff's real gripe isn't about respect, but about what narrative he wants to see and being pissed that someone else is not playing his game.
tek

Post by tek »

Zelenskyy is keeping his people together by being one of the people.

A very powerful method, and I believe it is not a facade - it comes from the heart.

Who is this Peter Schiff dipwad anyway?
raison de arizona

tek wrote: Wed Mar 16, 2022 4:07 pm Zelenskyy is keeping his people together by being one of the people.

A very powerful method, and I believe it is not a facade - it comes from the heart.

Chief Economist & Global Strategist: http://Europac.com, Chairman: http://SchiffGold.com, Owner and founder: http://EpacFunds.com, Host: http://SchiffRadio.com
He has close to 700k followers, and lives in Puerto Rico, reportedly to avoid federal income taxes. Because he's a patriot.
Phoenix520
Verified:

Post by Phoenix520 »

He’s of the generation that just never quite removed the stick from their…well, you know. Rectitude. They expect deference in all matters. Quite arrogant, really. :oldlady:
Jim

Post by Jim »

neeneko wrote: Wed Mar 16, 2022 3:44 pm Oddly enough, I am guessing his choice of attire was pretty deliberate and effective. If he had wanted a pressed and cleaned suit, it likely could have been arranged. But at the moment he is really building on the 'warrior king' image, a leader from the front lines down, hands on, practical, in with the ranks, etc. It has been a really effective image, and keeping with it while addressing congress builds narrative continuity that can be pretty powerful.

Schiff's real gripe isn't about respect, but about what narrative he wants to see and being pissed that someone else is not playing his game.
Yeah, it isn't like the Russians are looking to assassinate him, he should have gone home and got a suit. :brickwallsmall:
Kendra

Post by Kendra »

Oh look a familiar name.

https://www.seattletimes.com/seattle-ne ... in-poland/
Former Washington state Rep. Matt Shea, the far-right Republican who was found by a House-commissioned investigation to have planned and participated in domestic terrorism, is in a small town in Poland with more than 60 Ukrainian children, trying to facilitate their adoption in America.

Shea has said his group helped rescue 62 children and their two adult caregivers from an orphanage in Mariupol, the city in southeastern Ukraine that has been bombarded by Russian forces.

But international agencies say, with the chaos and confusion of war, now is not an appropriate time for international adoptions from Ukraine. And Shea’s presence, and the lack of information surrounding the American group he’s with, has raised concerns among some residents of Kazimierz Dolny, the small Polish town where the children are staying at a hotel-guesthouse.

“I asked him many times, ‘What are you going to do with these children?’ and he told me that it’s not my business,'” Weronika Ziarnicka, an aide to the mayor of Kazimierz Dolny, said of Shea. “I got the feeling in my gut that something’s wrong with this guy; he didn’t want to tell me his last name.”

Shea, who rarely speaks to mainstream media, did not respond to requests for comment.

Speaking on a Polish television show, “Idź Pod Prąd,” Shea said he was working with a Texas group called Loving Families and Homes for Orphans (he also called the group Loving Homes and Families for Orphans).
raison de arizona

Godammit not that asshole, they have enough problems already.
AndyinPA
Verified:

Post by AndyinPA »

You have to be pretty sick to even think about adopting children after three weeks of war.
"Choose your leaders with wisdom and forethought. To be led by a coward is to be controlled by all that the coward fears… To be led by a liar is to ask to be told lies." -Octavia E. Butler
pipistrelle

Post by pipistrelle »

raison de arizona wrote: Wed Mar 16, 2022 4:10 pm
tek wrote: Wed Mar 16, 2022 4:07 pm Zelenskyy is keeping his people together by being one of the people.

Chief Economist & Global Strategist: http://Europac.com, Chairman: http://SchiffGold.com, Owner and founder: http://EpacFunds.com, Host: http://SchiffRadio.com
He has close to 700k followers, and lives in Puerto Rico, reportedly to avoid federal income taxes. Because he's a patriot.
Volkonski
Verified:

Post by Volkonski »

Zelenskyy is not just a politician but also an experienced entertainer. He knows how to project what his audience wants and needs to see. He is a man who has found his moment. :thumbsup:
“If everyone fought for their own convictions there would be no war.” ― Leo Tolstoy, War and Peace
Lani

Post by Lani »

Hidden Content
This board requires you to be registered and logged-in to view hidden content.
Probably won't sleep well tonight either....
Image You can't wait until life isn't hard anymore before you decide to be happy.
Phoenix520
Verified:

Post by Phoenix520 »

Screw being 20 years younger, I’d go to Poland or Germany right now if I had the money to help with the flood of mothers and children. I’m lying awake with children on my mind.

I also have a burning desire to see a TikTok about Ukrainian Ex-Military Moms forming an elite revenge squad of the deadliest, most beautiful Russian speakers. Aided by the mourning mothers of Russians soldiers and perfect Intel, they slip into Russia unseen. War over.

We’re right in the middle of the MOST surreal timeline. :cantlook:
neonzx
Verified: 🤩✅✅✅✅✅🤩

Post by neonzx »

Foggy
Dick Tater
Verified: as seen on qvc zombie apocalypse

Post by Foggy »

I didn't fight in Vietnam either. Lucked out in the lottery.

But there's a difference between ducking out of fighting in Vietnam and what Zelensky is doing. I hate Trump, but that meme is a little off.
Out from under. :thumbsup:
Kriselda Gray
Verified:

Post by Kriselda Gray »

Hidden Content
This board requires you to be registered and logged-in to view hidden content.

Return to “Russian Invasion of Ukraine”