Ukraine

Slim Cognito
Verified:

Re: Ukraine

Post by Slim Cognito »

This is my world right now.
My Crested Yorkie, Gilda and her amazing hair.

ImageImageImage x4
Kendra

Post by Kendra »

Foggy
Dick Tater
Verified: as seen on qvc zombie apocalypse

Post by Foggy »

I'm conflicted too. But my dad and ol' Wifehorn were watching the news and I'm in the same condo and couldn't escape it.

And I just thought, "Wow, there are a lot of Americans who have never been to Ukraine and don’t speak Ukrainian and haven't been to Russia and don't speak Russian, but by gum that doesn't stop them from having VERY STRONG OPINIONS about what the US government should be doing."

Probably very strong stupid opinions, but this is America. That's who we are, that's what we do.

So it's refreshing to see Kriselda and Slim saying, "I know too much, but not what we should do." :shrug:
🎶 We went for a ride,
We got outside,
The sand was hot,
She wanted to dance ... 🎶
neonzx
Verified: 🤩✅✅✅✅✅🤩

Post by neonzx »

Foggy wrote: Thu Mar 17, 2022 9:31 am I didn't fight in Vietnam either. Lucked out in the lottery.
I hate Trump, but that meme is a little off.
Lucy, 'splain. Where is it off? :confuzzled:
Foggy
Dick Tater

Post by Foggy »

Umm, Zelensky is defending his own country.

Trump (and I) refused to fight in a war that had nothing to do with defending our own country, in fact, our country was the aggressor and the wrongdoer in that war. I think many patriotic Americans refused to fight in Vietnam, and many of those who fought, regretted it.

So the situations are not comparable, as the meme suggests.

Maybe, when he was 18, if Russia had invaded the US, Trump would have fought to defend his own country. Maybe by the time he became president, he had gotten away with so much evil shit, he was a much more corrupt asshole.

:shrug:
🎶 We went for a ride,
We got outside,
The sand was hot,
raison de arizona
Verified: ✔️ he/him/his

Post by raison de arizona »

Foggy wrote: Thu Mar 17, 2022 1:13 pm Umm, Zelensky is defending his own country.

Trump (and I) refused to fight in a war that had nothing to do with defending our own country, in fact, our country was the aggressor and the wrongdoer in that war. I think many patriotic Americans refused to fight in Vietnam, and many of those who fought, regretted it.

So the situations are not comparable, as the meme suggests.

Maybe, when he was 18, if Russia had invaded the US, he would have fought. Maybe by the time he became president, he had gotten away with so much evil shit, he was a much more corrupt asshole.

:shrug:
Maybe I'm just jaded and always think the worst of him, but I doubt tfg had the same principled reasons for staying out of the fight that you did.
“Remember, democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet that did not commit suicide.” —John Adams
Kendra

Post by Kendra »

:brokenheart:

CNN showed video a short while ago of a woman crying over what appears to be a young child in a bloodied blanket. On the street, on her knees, just crying her heart out.
Slim Cognito
Verified:

Post by Slim Cognito »

Responding to Foggy and Kendra, my oldest was a Navy corpsman who embedded with the marines during the Fallujah/Ramadi push when the Iraq war was going so badly. He was a (moderate) Republican at the time and I always kidded him it was him revolting against his hippie mom (which he seriously denied). When he told me he was being sent to Iraq, he thought he was going to save the world. That's what they told these kids.

Narrator: It didn't take long for him to realize he wasn't saving the world.

He came home with TBI and PTSD, the second triggered mostly by parents bringing him their dead children, pleading with him to save them.

Needless to say, he's no longer a Republican but a pretty liberal Independent.

ImageImageImage x4
Foggy
Dick Tater

Post by Foggy »

Off Topic
I believe that nobody is born evil. We train them to be evil, as they grow up. Not all of them, of course. Trump had a nightmare fambly. He wasn't born evil.
🎶 We went for a ride,
We got outside,
The sand was hot,
raison de arizona

Off Topic
Foggy wrote: Thu Mar 17, 2022 1:39 pm I believe that nobody is born evil. We train them to be evil, as they grow up. Not all of them, of course. Trump had a nightmare fambly. He wasn't born evil.
Dunno if I agree with that, sometimes I think you just get a bad egg. But tfg definitely had the deck stacked against him when it came to humanity and ethics.
“Remember, democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet that did not commit suicide.” —John Adams
Slim Cognito
Verified:

Post by Slim Cognito »

raison de arizona wrote: Thu Mar 17, 2022 1:42 pm
Off Topic
Foggy wrote: Thu Mar 17, 2022 1:39 pm I believe that nobody is born evil. We train them to be evil, as they grow up. Not all of them, of course. Trump had a nightmare fambly. He wasn't born evil.
Dunno if I agree with that, sometimes I think you just get a bad egg. But tfg definitely had the deck stacked against him when it came to humanity and ethics.
Off Topic
This. tfg seems to have something off in his brain and his crazy, loveless family exacerbated that. I don't know much about his siblings but they don't seem to be the assholes their brother is, although I doubt any of them are people I'd want to invite to the neighborhood bbq.

ImageImageImage x4
Suranis

Post by Suranis »

Off Topic
Honestly, the rest of TFG's family turned out relatively ok. His father was an asshole businessman, but his mother was very much a philanthropist and a down to earth Scottish immigrant that grew up poor. There's no indications that his family was bad by any stretch of the imagination. You cannot blame nurture for what he turned into.

He was the monster becasue he grew up knowing deep down he was inadicuate, and he has destroyed countless lives covering up the fact that he is a loser. He chose to be who is is rather than just admit that he was bottom of the deck.

Given my background of having had to deal with some truly vile children who beat the hell out of me for years, some children just choose to be evil and live the Lie.
Hic sunt dracones
raison de arizona

We have occupied TikTok.
John Thomas8

Post by John Thomas8 »

Interesting:

raison de arizona

The New Voice of Ukraine @NewVoiceUkraine wrote: Oleksandr Ivanchak, a record holder in Ukraine for collecting a Rubik's cube, made a portrait of Volodymyr Zelensky from Rubik's cubes 🇺🇦
Oleksandra Matviichuk @avalaina wrote: Dasha Zarivna: Neighbors from Kherson called today. They said that all this time the Russians lived in house of my parents. They used our things. They lit our small chimney with my mother's books and my diplomas, which mother kept. Today they left, breaking windows and furniture
John Thomas8

Post by John Thomas8 »

Gregg

Post by Gregg »

Jim wrote: Wed Mar 16, 2022 5:12 pm
neeneko wrote: Wed Mar 16, 2022 3:44 pm Oddly enough, I am guessing his choice of attire was pretty deliberate and effective. If he had wanted a pressed and cleaned suit, it likely could have been arranged. But at the moment he is really building on the 'warrior king' image, a leader from the front lines down, hands on, practical, in with the ranks, etc. It has been a really effective image, and keeping with it while addressing congress builds narrative continuity that can be pretty powerful.

Schiff's real gripe isn't about respect, but about what narrative he wants to see and being pissed that someone else is not playing his game.
Yeah, it isn't like the Russians are looking to assassinate him, he should have gone home and got a suit. :brickwallsmall:
Surely if his regular closet isn't safe, he could pop off for 1 day to Saville Row and get a decent suit.
Supreme Commander, Imperial Illuminati Air Force
:dog:

You don't have to consent, but I'm gonna tase you anyway.
Dave from down under

Post by Dave from down under »

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2022-03-21/ ... /100922172

Four Corners spoke to Deputy Prime Minister Iryna Vereshchuk in Ukraine's heavily fortified HQ. Here's what she says...
MN-Skeptic

Post by MN-Skeptic »

Senior Ukrainian intelligence official has told me about new rule for internal documents: “Putin” and “Russia” are now spelled without capitalisation: “When I saw the reports I got angry about staff’s sloppiness, but then they told me it was govt directive, and I said, ok”
:lol:
AndyinPA
Verified:

Post by AndyinPA »

John Thomas8 wrote: Sun Mar 20, 2022 4:52 pm
Informative video. Thanks for posting.
"Choose your leaders with wisdom and forethought. To be led by a coward is to be controlled by all that the coward fears… To be led by a liar is to ask to be told lies." -Octavia E. Butler
Slim Cognito
Verified:

Post by Slim Cognito »

MN-Skeptic wrote: Mon Mar 21, 2022 11:46 am
Senior Ukrainian intelligence official has told me about new rule for internal documents: “Putin” and “Russia” are now spelled without capitalisation: “When I saw the reports I got angry about staff’s sloppiness, but then they told me it was govt directive, and I said, ok”
I haven't capitalized trump in more than five years, so change approved.

ImageImageImage x4
AndyinPA
Verified:

Post by AndyinPA »

Slim Cognito wrote: Mon Mar 21, 2022 2:04 pm
MN-Skeptic wrote: Mon Mar 21, 2022 11:46 am
I haven't capitalized trump in more than five years, so change approved.
I mostly have tried not to use his name, but didn't capitalize when I did. I haven't capitalized the republican party in more than ten years (even now, when my spell checker has redlined it.
"Choose your leaders with wisdom and forethought. To be led by a coward is to be controlled by all that the coward fears… To be led by a liar is to ask to be told lies." -Octavia E. Butler
John Thomas8

Post by John Thomas8 »

AndyinPA wrote: Mon Mar 21, 2022 11:47 am
Dr Felton posts consistently well-researched content.
AndyinPA
Verified:

Post by AndyinPA »

John Thomas8 wrote: Mon Mar 21, 2022 3:54 pm
AndyinPA wrote: Mon Mar 21, 2022 11:47 am
Dr Felton posts consistently well-researched content.
Yes. I've watched all the ones you have posted. I need to go to his website.
raison de arizona

Return to “Russian Invasion of Ukraine”