Spring forward.
To delete this message, click the X at top right.

Ukraine

filly

Ukraine

Post by filly »

Slim Cognito
Verified:

Re: Ukraine

Post by Slim Cognito »

I hope he plans to stay away from windows and balconies.
Pup Dennis in training to be a guide dog & given to a deserving vet. Thx! ImageImageImage x4
Volkonski
Verified:

Post by Volkonski »

“If everyone fought for their own convictions there would be no war.” ― Leo Tolstoy, War and Peace
Dave from down under

Post by Dave from down under »

It is amazing how little explosive will cause a gas pipeline to fail…
Volkonski
Verified:

Post by Volkonski »

“If everyone fought for their own convictions there would be no war.” ― Leo Tolstoy, War and Peace
MN-Skeptic

Post by MN-Skeptic »

It totally sucks for Putin that he no longer has a U.S. President willing to do his bidding. (I would love to know what Putin has to hold over Trump's head.)
Flatpoint High
Occupation: professional pain in the ass, voice actor & keeper of the straight face
Verified:

Post by Flatpoint High »

MN-Skeptic wrote: Tue Oct 19, 2021 5:43 pm It totally sucks for Putin that he no longer has a U.S. President willing to do his bidding. (I would love to know what Putin has to hold over Trump's head.)
I surmise it's the money laundering, among other things.
castigat ridendo mores.
VELOCIUS QUAM ASPARAGI COQUANTUR
Suranis

Post by Suranis »

It really does not have to be much. Putin is a Strongman and Trump sucks up and punches down, as Rupert Murdoch is reputed to have said. When Trump was hosting his Miss Universe Pageant in Moscow he was desperate for Putin to show up and kept telling people Putin was "his friend."

I mean I'm sure Putin had stuff as well, but Trump was likely as desperate to get into his good graces as he was to meet Kim of North Korea. And remember how T talked about the lovely chocolate cake He shared with President Xi of China?
Hic sunt dracones
northland10
Verified: ✅ I'm me.

Post by northland10 »

Yep.. Putin knows how to play Trump and he would not need much if anything. Putin wants a weak US unable to respond and so, if Trump and his minions can cause chaos, then he plays Trump. I assume he has played the left as well but they are not as useful right now. In addition, the right has always had 2 streams, the anti-Russian camp, and the isolationists. I suspect Putin does not want the GOP of the past that would stand up to Russia more than the Democrats would. Therefore, he has been doing his best to split the party and weaken a big threat. This and creating chaos may be why he also was trying to get the NRA to do his bidding (Wayne is easily bought).
101010 :towel:
Volkonski
Verified:

Post by Volkonski »

Volkonski
Verified:

Post by Volkonski »

RTH10260
Verified: ✔️ Eurobot

Post by RTH10260 »

Note w/o reference: the Russians have over the last months made a large military buildup on their side near the Ukranian border. Iirc reports were speaking about 60000+ soldiers.
Volkonski
Verified:

Post by Volkonski »

Volkonski
Verified:

Post by Volkonski »

Volkonski
Verified:

Post by Volkonski »

Biden readying sanctions against Putin's inner circle ahead of this week's key call

https://www.cnn.com/2021/12/06/politics ... index.html
They include new actions against members of Putin's inner circle and on Russian energy producers, and one potential "nuclear option" -- disconnecting Russia from the SWIFT international payment system used by banks around the world.

The officials said final decisions hadn't been made on whether and when to apply the new sanctions, and said the Biden administration is currently in talks with European partners — many of whom have closer economic relationships to Russia — in the hopes of coordinating action.

A senior administration official said Monday the US was prepared to take "substantive economic countermeasures" meant to inflict "significant and severe economic harm on the Russian economy" should Putin go ahead with a military escalation in Ukraine.

"We believe that there is way forward here that will allow us to send a clear message to Russia there will be genuine and meaningful and enduring costs to choosing to go forward -- should they choose to go forward -- with a military escalation," the official said, briefing reporters ahead of Biden's planning video call with Putin on Tuesday.
raison de arizona
Verified: ✔️ he/him/his

Post by raison de arizona »

Great plan from Senator Wicker (R-MS).
“Remember, democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet that did not commit suicide.” —John Adams
RVInit

Post by RVInit »

Suranis wrote: Tue Oct 19, 2021 6:23 pm It really does not have to be much. Putin is a Strongman and Trump sucks up and punches down, as Rupert Murdoch is reputed to have said. When Trump was hosting his Miss Universe Pageant in Moscow he was desperate for Putin to show up and kept telling people Putin was "his friend."

I mean I'm sure Putin had stuff as well, but Trump was likely as desperate to get into his good graces as he was to meet Kim of North Korea. And remember how T talked about the lovely chocolate cake He shared with President Xi of China?
I agree 100%. All Putin had to do was say something nice about Trump. Trump is so desperate for acceptance that is literally all it takes. Full stop. Give him the slightest compliment and he will eat out of your hands.
There's a lot of things that need to change. One specifically? Police brutality.
--Colin Kaepernick
tek

Post by tek »

Sen Wicker was born in 1951. He's old enough to clearly remember the cold war.

If he thinks a nuclear strike is the solution to ANYTHING, he needs to be sent to a farm upstate.
filly

Post by filly »

tek wrote: Tue Dec 07, 2021 5:10 pm Sen Wicker was born in 1951. He's old enough to clearly remember the cold war.

If he thinks a nuclear strike is the solution to ANYTHING, he needs to be sent to a farm upstate.
How many fetuses would that kill?
filly

Post by filly »

Volkonski
Verified:

Post by Volkonski »

Retired Lt. Col. Alexander Vindman is not confident Vladimir Putin will hold off. On a scale of 1 to 10, with 10 being most likely that an invasion will happen, Vindman gives it at 8.

"The most likely scenario in my mind is a major military offensive in Ukraine," he told NPR.
Volkonski
Verified:

Post by Volkonski »

ABC News
@ABC
·
2m
“We are concerned that the Russian government is preparing for an invasion in Ukraine that may result in widespread human rights violations and war crimes, should diplomacy fail to meet their objectives,” White House press sec. Psaki says at briefing. https://abcn.ws/31Y0Lne
filly

Post by filly »

CNN reporting that Russia was/is planning a false flag operation to justify the invasion.

https://www.cnn.com/2022/01/14/politics ... index.html

The media really isn't paying much attention to this, but it would be the dominant news story very soon.
neeneko

Post by neeneko »

Given how much energy the GoP has put into 'Well, Trump didn't start a war with Russia!', I suspect there is some indirect coordination going on. The GoP has made it pretty clear that coming to Ukraine's aid will result in political consequences for Biden.
Volkonski
Verified:

Post by Volkonski »

USA TODAY
@USATODAY
·
2m
Replying to
@USATODAY
But officials in Washington are eager to put Putin on notice that his own wealth – along with Russia's banking system – are prime targets in the event of a fresh war with Russia's neighbor.

Return to “Russian Invasion of Ukraine”