Spring forward.
To delete this message, click the X at top right.

Virginia Governor Glenn Youngkin & LT Gov Winsome Sears

Trying to make sense of a crazy world, with limited success mostly
raison de arizona
Verified: ✔️ he/him/his

Re: Virginia Governor - Terry McAuliffe v Glenn Youngkin - Nov 2

Post by raison de arizona »

The guy who campaigned on eliminating voter fraud is upset because the media is interesting in his son attempting to commit... voter fraud. He doesn't mention it, but the kid tried TWICE. He wouldn't take no for an answer. Anyway, Republicans behaving badly FTW.
“Remember, democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet that did not commit suicide.” —John Adams
raison de arizona

Re: Virginia Governor - Terry McAuliffe v Glenn Youngkin - Nov 2

Glenn Youngkin just removed the Diversity, Equity and Inclusion section of the Virginia Governor’s website. Sickening.
“Remember, democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet that did not commit suicide.” —John Adams
AndyinPA
Verified:

Re: Virginia Governor Glenn Youngkin & LT Gov Winsome Sears

Post by AndyinPA »

https://www.eenews.net/articles/new-va- ... mate-case/
Virginia has dropped out of a coalition of states urging the Supreme Court to find that EPA has broad authority to regulate power plant emissions.

Attorney General Jason Miyares (R), who took office over the weekend after Republicans swept the state in November, tweeted last night that he was “proud to announce Virginia is no longer participating in West Virginia v EPA.”

The tweet signaled Miyares’ rejection of his predecessor’s challenge to a lawsuit launched by coal companies and Republican-led states asking the high court to curb EPA’s authority. The Supreme Court last fall made the extraordinary move to take up the case, which focuses on a regulation that does not currently exist.

Arguments in the case are scheduled for Feb. 28.
Voting, and not voting, has consequences.
"Choose your leaders with wisdom and forethought. To be led by a coward is to be controlled by all that the coward fears… To be led by a liar is to ask to be told lies." -Octavia E. Butler
raison de arizona

Who's in, who's out.
Dan Helmer @HelmerVA wrote: Want to know what the new @GlennYoungkin @JasonMiyaresVA Administration is all about?

Just fired: Tim Heaphy who investigated the Nazis who led the Unite the Right rally

Just hired: Elizabeth Schultz who says we should teach “both sides” of the Holocaust
AndyinPA
Verified:

Post by AndyinPA »

https://www.businessinsider.com/virgini ... urt-2022-1
Virginia's new Republican attorney general has reversed the state's position in a Supreme Court case challenging abortion rights.

The state's new position is that abortion laws should be up to states to decide.

Virginia previously supported abortion rights guaranteed by the landmark ruling, Roe v. Wade.

Virginia's new Republican attorney general Jason Miyares told the Supreme Court that the state will no longer oppose Mississippi's restrictive abortion law, according to a letter sent to the nation's top court on Friday.

Former Attorney General Mark Herring, a Democrat, had signed onto a legal brief in September with 24 state attorneys general urging the Supreme Court to protect the constitutional right to an abortion and strike down Mississippi's law, which seeks to ban the procedure after 15 weeks of pregnancy.

Citing a "change in Administration," Miyares has "reconsidered" Virginia's previous position on the law, the state's Solicitor General Andrew Ferguson wrote in a letter to Supreme Court.
"Choose your leaders with wisdom and forethought. To be led by a coward is to be controlled by all that the coward fears… To be led by a liar is to ask to be told lies." -Octavia E. Butler
Lani

Post by Lani »

:mad: For years when I was asked where I'm from, I said WDC. (Technically correct - born there.) Then things got better, and I said I was from NoVa. A couple of years ago, I finally said Virginia. LOL - shortly after the election, for some reason my kid met the newly elected VA Dem governor & state AG. He told them that for the first time in my life, I said I was from Virginia. They had good laugh.
Image You can't wait until life isn't hard anymore before you decide to be happy.
AndyinPA
Verified:

Post by AndyinPA »

https://www.businessinsider.com/glenn-y ... ers-2022-1

Virginia's new Republican governor, who banned critical race theory in schools, is launching a tip line for parents to report their kids' teachers

Virginia's newly elected Republican governor, who has banned critical race theory in public schools, is launching a tip line to report teachers of "divisive subjects."

In a Monday interview with the conservative radio host John Fredericks, Gov. Glenn Youngkin said parents could email the state government to report any public-school teachers they believed to be "behaving objectionably."

Youngkin said: "We're asking for folks to send us reports and observations that they have that will help us be aware of things like privilege bingo, be aware of their child being denied their rights that parents have in Virginia. And we're going to make sure we catalog it all.

"This gives us a great insight into what's happening at a school level, and that gives us further ability to make sure we're rooting it out."
Heil Who?
raison de arizona

Holy crap, that's reads like the perfect intro to a scary novel. Poor Virginia teachers.
raison de arizona

:thumbsup:
raison de arizona

Just checking in to say Youngkin is still garbage.
► Show Spoiler
tek

Post by tek »

Not Trumpy at all! No siree!

/ffs
raison de arizona

Another home for extra dollars, has one any to spare. Help Senator Louise Lucas build a brick wall for Youngkin to meet head on.
L. Louise Lucas @SenLouiseLucas wrote: I'm about to teach this Governor what a brick wall is.
Governor Glenn Youngkin @GovernorVA wrote: My statement on Supreme Court’s Dobbs Ruling Announcement:
Millions of dollars are about to pour into Virginia to flip ONE State Senate seat and give this Governor total control. I can only stop him until the next election. We must HOLD EVERY SEAT in order to keep abortion legal in Virginia. Please help us.
Kendra

Post by Kendra »

Youngkin makes Trump look like Travolta.

I thought Eric was the whitest white man on earth until I saw Youngkin dance.
raison de arizona

Vid in tweet is Youngkin laying flowers for the UVA deaths and being emotional. Youngkin can suck eggs through a straw though, he _is_ the problem.
Drew Wilder @DrewWilderTV]
Virginia Governor Glenn Youngkin dropping flowers at Scott Stadium. Youngkin emotional in this unannounced visit to UVA. “It’s a moment for all of us to recognize that families are going to need to be supported.”
“I will not sign any legislation that has anything to do with imposing limitations on our Second Amendment,” Youngkin said, adding that he’d consider scaling back existing gun-control laws later in his term if voters elected GOP majorities in the legislature. “By the time I’m done, we can do that.”
https://vpm.org/news/articles/32610/you ... ls-for-gun
Maybenaut
Verified: ✅✅

Post by Maybenaut »

As a Virginian, I can only say...

:sick:
"Hey! We left this England place because it was bogus, and if we don't get some cool rules ourselves, pronto, we'll just be bogus too!" -- Thomas Jefferson
raison de arizona

https://twitter.com/qasimrashid/status/ ... 2999962629
Qasim Rashid, Esq. @QasimRashid wrote: VA Gov Youngkin's updated K-5 curriculum removes mention of Dr. King & African kingdoms like Mali, calls Native Americans "first immigrants," & expands Rome, Greece, & white supremacists Robert E. Lee & Stonewall Jackson.

Email VA Board of Education:
megan.perez@doe.virginia.gov
AndyinPA
Verified:

Post by AndyinPA »

UH, I think you've lost your immigrant status if it was 12,000 to 20,000 years ago. Disgusting.
humblescribe
Verified:

Post by humblescribe »

AndyinPA wrote: Fri Nov 18, 2022 1:36 pm UH, I think you've lost your immigrant status if it was 12,000 to 20,000 years ago. Disgusting.
Yeah, one would think that Ellis Island would have records, amirite?
"Some cause happiness wherever they go; others whenever they go." O. Wilde
Phoenix520
Verified:

Post by Phoenix520 »

Can parents sue the state for providing a substandard education? Those kids are gonna be so surprised when they get to college.
Frater I*I
Verified: ✅Verified Devilish Hyena

Post by Frater I*I »

Phoenix520 wrote: Fri Nov 18, 2022 4:09 pm Can parents sue the state for providing a substandard education? Those kids are gonna be so surprised when they get to college.
The QOP looks at it as they will never get to college, the world needs ditch diggers after all....
"He sewed his eyes shut because he is afraid to see, He tries to tell me what I put inside of me
He's got the answers to ease my curiosity, He dreamed a god up and called it Christianity"

Trent Reznor
Ben-Prime
Verified: ✅MamaSaysI'mBonaFide

Post by Ben-Prime »

Frater I*I wrote: Sat Nov 19, 2022 2:15 pm
Phoenix520 wrote: Fri Nov 18, 2022 4:09 pm Can parents sue the state for providing a substandard education? Those kids are gonna be so surprised when they get to college.
The QOP looks at it as they will never get to college, the world needs ditch diggers after all....
If only they had folks to protect the wages and monitor the working conditions of those ditch diggers. I wonder what that kind of thing would be called.
But the sunshine aye shall light the sky,
As round and round we run;
And the truth shall ever come uppermost,
And justice shall be done.

- Charles Mackay, "Eternal Justice"
Frater I*I

Post by Frater I*I »

Ben-Prime wrote: Sat Nov 19, 2022 2:47 pm :snippity:
If only they had folks to protect the wages and monitor the working conditions of those ditch diggers. I wonder what that kind of thing would be called.
Yes, indeed...something that would unite them...

Allow them to bargain with management....collectively as it were....
"He sewed his eyes shut because he is afraid to see, He tries to tell me what I put inside of me
He's got the answers to ease my curiosity, He dreamed a god up and called it Christianity"

Trent Reznor
Ben-Prime

Post by Ben-Prime »

Frater I*I wrote: Sat Nov 19, 2022 5:01 pm

I know, right? I mean, we should probably coin some kind of term for this brand new thing that has never before existed. Something to show that it is unique, and complex with many layers like an onion. Hrm... It'll come to me.

Ben-Prime

Post by Ben-Prime »

Ben-Prime wrote: Sat Nov 19, 2022 7:54 pm
Frater I*I wrote: Sat Nov 19, 2022 5:01 pm

I know, right? I mean, we should probably coin some kind of term for this brand new thing that has never before existed. Something to show that it is unique, and complex with many layers like an onion. Hrm... It'll come to me.
BOOM! I got it! "SOLOGRE!" You're welcome, civilization. >mic drop<

Frater I*I

Post by Frater I*I »

Ben-Prime wrote: Sat Nov 19, 2022 7:55 pm :snippity:
BOOM! I got it! "SOLOGRE!" You're welcome, civilization. >mic drop<
Excellent......

Comrade... :hammerandsickle:

Trent Reznor

Return to “Current Politics”