Personal Dash Cam Fun

John Thomas8

Personal Dash Cam Fun

Post by John Thomas8 »

Ok, I got really paranoid watching dash cam vids on the toobz, so I bought one. And caught this last Saturday.

northland10
Verified: ✅ I'm me.

Re: Personal Dash Cam Fun

Post by northland10 »

:biggrin:

And I see you knew to take it easy after one or two came by. With does, there are always more. This is a little feature that Chicagoland folks have trouble understanding.
101010 :towel:
Dave from down under

Post by Dave from down under »

Oh deer, oh deer, oh deer!

(ps so weird watching someone drive on the wrong side of the road ;) )
Maybenaut
Verified: ✅✅

Post by Maybenaut »

You ran a red light!
"Hey! We left this England place because it was bogus, and if we don't get some cool rules ourselves, pronto, we'll just be bogus too!" -- Thomas Jefferson
John Thomas8

Post by John Thomas8 »

Maybenaut wrote: Thu Sep 09, 2021 7:59 pm You ran a red light!
That's a "rolling" red. If you can see that there's nothing on Main coming up on your left you can roll through that light unhindered. Been that way for 20+ years. If they started ticketing there'd be outrage all over.
RTH10260
Verified: ✔️ Eurobot

Post by RTH10260 »

John Thomas8 wrote: Thu Sep 09, 2021 8:06 pm
That's a "rolling" red. If you can see that there's nothing on Main coming up on your left you can roll through that light unhindered. Been that way for 20+ years. If they started ticketing there'd be outrage all over.
Traffic coming from the left on the main road, I guess that straight on is then also main road, would that make an imaginary right turn by 0 degrees ?

But more interesting, to the lights turn green once the train signals traffic to stop, so that any backed up queue can drain safely before the train crushed any standing vehicles?
John Thomas8

Post by John Thomas8 »

RTH10260 wrote: Thu Sep 09, 2021 8:12 pm
John Thomas8 wrote: Thu Sep 09, 2021 8:06 pm
Traffic coming from the left on the main road, I guess that straight on is then also main road, would that make an imaginary right turn by 0 degrees ?

But more interesting, to the lights turn green once the train signals traffic to stop, so that any backed up queue can drain safely before the train crushed any standing vehicles?
It's been a long time since there's been a train on vehicle "accident" in Fuquay. I put the accident in quotes because it's not hard to avoid getting hit by a train: stay off its tracks. There's also train speed limits on the spur that crosses the side street (Wake Chapel Road/Main Street in 27526 if you want to look it up) so avoiding getting hit is a matter of not being a moron.
DrConspiracy
Verified:

Personal Dash Cam Fun

Post by DrConspiracy »

I have a 2018 Tesla Model 3 and some months after I got the car they rolled out an over-the-air software update that added a 4-way dashcam feature. If you see a Tesla on the road manufactured since November of 2016, it's probably watching you.

I've really gotten hooked on the Wham Baam Teslacam YouTube channel.

https://www.youtube.com/c/WhamBaamTeslacam
Shizzle Popped
Verified:

Personal Dash Cam Fun

Post by Shizzle Popped »

DrConspiracy wrote: Sat Oct 01, 2022 6:27 pm I have a 2018 Tesla Model 3 and some months after I got the car they rolled out an over-the-air software update that added a 4-way dashcam feature. If you see a Tesla on the road manufactured since November of 2016, it's probably watching you.

I've really gotten hooked on the Wham Baam Teslacam YouTube channel.

https://www.youtube.com/c/WhamBaamTeslacam
I'm marginally hooked on the IdiotsInCars subreddit.
"Let us tenderly and kindly cherish, therefore, the means of knowledge. Let us dare to read, think, speak, and write."
John Adams

Return to “Whatever Doesn't Fit Elsewhere”