Spring forward.
To delete this message, click the X at top right.

What are you watching?

bill_g
Verified: ✅ Checked Republic ✓ ᵛᵉʳᶦᶠᶦᵉᵈ

What are you watching?

Post by bill_g »

What was the big rolling rubber ball all about?
Frater I*I
Verified: ✅Verified Devilish Hyena

What are you watching?

Post by Frater I*I »

bill_g wrote: Sun Mar 12, 2023 12:36 pm What was the big rolling rubber ball all about?
Rover, it killed people who tried to escape The Village by smothering them...

Originally it was to be a robotic device, but sank when the tried to float it on the water, so they used a weather balloon to replace it...
"He sewed his eyes shut because he is afraid to see, He tries to tell me what I put inside of me
He's got the answers to ease my curiosity, He dreamed a god up and called it Christianity"

Trent Reznor
Danraft

What are you watching?

Post by Danraft »

I’ve been watching “Motive” on Freevee. It’s a Canadian crime drama with four seasons so good for binge watching. I like that it’s not very violent and that it has a format where in the opening scene of each episode the Killer and Victim are identified—the storyline is about exploring the motive for the crime.
MsDaisy
Verified:

What are you watching?

Post by MsDaisy »

The rain fall in London.... Just for a change :roll:
Foggy
Dick Tater
Verified: as seen on qvc zombie apocalypse

What are you watching?

Post by Foggy »

Hugs to you, MsDaisy. :bighug:
Out from under. :thumbsup:
bill_g

What are you watching?

Post by bill_g »

The new Luther movie on Netflix - two thumbs up!

It's kinda like those speed walker tracks at the airport - you step on and are immediately accelerated. Be ready.
neonzx
Verified: 🤩✅✅✅✅✅🤩

What are you watching?

Post by neonzx »

bill_g wrote: Mon Mar 13, 2023 8:32 am The new Luther movie on Netflix - two thumbs up!

It's kinda like those speed walker tracks at the airport - you step on and are immediately accelerated. Be ready.
Added to my watch queue. It's listed as the #1 movie on Netflix today.
AndyinPA
Verified:

What are you watching?

Post by AndyinPA »

Two favorites just ended the season. :(

Poker Face on Peacock. Great fun! If you liked Columbo, you will love it.

The Last of Us on HBO. Completely enjoyed this. I enjoyed the ending, and I am looking forward to the second season.

I will have to withdraw from both of them. Oh wait, streaming! 8-)
"Choose your leaders with wisdom and forethought. To be led by a coward is to be controlled by all that the coward fears… To be led by a liar is to ask to be told lies." -Octavia E. Butler
neonzx

What are you watching?

Post by neonzx »

AndyinPA wrote: Mon Mar 13, 2023 11:23 am The Last of Us on HBO. Completely enjoyed this. I enjoyed the ending, and I am looking forward to the second season.
Season 1 is over? Nine episodes?
AndyinPA
Verified:

What are you watching?

Post by AndyinPA »

neonzx wrote: Mon Mar 13, 2023 11:45 am
AndyinPA wrote: Mon Mar 13, 2023 11:23 am The Last of Us on HBO. Completely enjoyed this. I enjoyed the ending, and I am looking forward to the second season.
Yep. Too short.
"Choose your leaders with wisdom and forethought. To be led by a coward is to be controlled by all that the coward fears… To be led by a liar is to ask to be told lies." -Octavia E. Butler
neonzx

What are you watching?

Post by neonzx »

AndyinPA wrote: Mon Mar 13, 2023 11:50 am
neonzx wrote: Mon Mar 13, 2023 11:45 am
Yep. Too short.
Okay, finished episode 9. Cancelling HBOMax until the fall when this series continues.
keith
Occupation: Retired Computer Systems Analyst Project Manager Super Coder
Verified: ✅lunatic

What are you watching?

Post by keith »

bill_g wrote: Sun Mar 12, 2023 11:09 am Diana Rigg was my first TV hottie love back in the 60's. Imagine my disappointment when she appeared on Game of Thrones more recently. I had to take a hard look in the mirror. (sad_face)
I resemble that remark.

But she was even hotter in (IMHO) "A Midsummer Nights Dream" (I think it was) shortly after she finished with "The Avengers".
Has everybody heard about the bird?
Volkonski
Verified:

What are you watching?

Post by Volkonski »

Yes, "A Midsummer Night's Dream" 1968.

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0063297/
“If everyone fought for their own convictions there would be no war.” ― Leo Tolstoy, War and Peace
keith

What are you watching?

Post by keith »

Just watched "Everything, Everywhere, All At Once" on Prime last night. I think its in cinemas in Melbourne at the moment, I think it might have actually worked better on the big screen.

Good film, but tricky, I'm really surprised it attracted so much 'love', but glad it did.

I haven't seen many Oscar nominated this year (only Innisherin and Elvis), but EEAAO seems a worthwhile winner.
keith

What are you watching?

Post by keith »

Just wathed the British "Who do you think you are?" Profiling Dame Judy Dench.

Absolutely fascinating.

Her father wron 2 gallantry crosses in ww1, but her mother side is almost unbelievable.

[Spoiler]
Her Danish 11 times Great Granfather could not marry her 11 times great Grandmother because he was nobility and she wasnt. Later their son, a bastard, helped bring down the old nobility, and was enobled for his service to the Crown.

His sister, Dench's 10 times great Aunt, was mother to Tycho Brahe and chief Lady in Waiting to the Danish Queen. At the time the King lived in the castle known in English as Elsinor and used to bring entertainment tours from all over the world, including England, including Will Kempe, one of Shakespeares favourite comedic actors.

A frontispiece portrait of Tycho Brahe includes a list of related families. That list includes the family names Rosencrantz and Guldernstein.

Can it possibly be random chance tha Dench's first role ever was in Hamlet?
[/spoiler]
bill_g

What are you watching?

Post by bill_g »

Volkonski wrote: Tue Mar 14, 2023 2:10 am Yes, "A Midsummer Night's Dream" 1968.

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0063297/
That version had Judy Dench and Helen Mirran back when they were hotties too. Tick tock goes the clock, and with it goes our youth.
Kriselda Gray
Verified:

What are you watching?

Post by Kriselda Gray »

I just finished the UK version of The Traitors. A show I'd watched the US version of a few weeks ago and loved. The UK version is just as good. Part of what makes both so interesting is the psychology of the situation (certain people are chosen by the host - in this case Claudia Winkleman - to be traitors and "murder" another contestant each day, while the faithful try to figure out who the traitors are and eliminate them) and how the relationships they build with their fellow players affects their judgment. It's just a really well done show and doesn't get trashy the way some shows do.

I highly recommend both! Even though the team missions to raise the money for the prize pot are essentially the same, the different players keep it interesting and it didn't feel repetitive. There's also an Aussie version I'll probably watch in a couple of weeks :)
Frater I*I
Verified: ✅Verified Devilish Hyena

What are you watching?

Post by Frater I*I »

Perry Mason Season 2 on HBO, started last week, will be catching up tonight after the meet up....
"He sewed his eyes shut because he is afraid to see, He tries to tell me what I put inside of me
He's got the answers to ease my curiosity, He dreamed a god up and called it Christianity"

Trent Reznor
neonzx

What are you watching?

Post by neonzx »

"Old" on HBO. Again, I don't like to recommend titles on premium streams normally.

It's not "great" but these characters are put on an island as unwitting test subjects where they age at an advanced rate.
Volkonski
Verified:

What are you watching?

Post by Volkonski »

Turns out we get HBO Max at no additional charge with our cable service. Since we have watched all of the BritBox series we are most interested in we have been exploring HBO Max.

So far we have watched the latest versions of "Death on the Nile", "West Side Story" and "Cats".

"Death on the Nile", for some strange reason, greatly changes Poirot's back story. If you can ignore that it does a good job of telling the story. I prefer the David Suchet version.

"West Side Story" is well done. Compared to the 1961 version the new version sometimes adheres more closely to the original Broadway play. On the other hand it uses the 1961 movie's arrangement of "America". Great to see Rita Moreno whose character Valentina replaces Doc. Valentina is Doc's widow. In the story she does what Doc did in the original versions. Rita Moreno was nearly ninety when the movie was made.

"Cats" was a disappointment. The movie struggles to add more plot which the original musical play lacks. The movie does not include the "Awefull Battle of the Pekes and Pollicles" which is one of my favorite parts. :( I prefer the direct to home video version that was overseen by Lord Weber himself.
“If everyone fought for their own convictions there would be no war.” ― Leo Tolstoy, War and Peace
Kriselda Gray
Verified:

What are you watching?

Post by Kriselda Gray »

Kriselda Gray wrote: Tue Mar 14, 2023 9:02 am I just finished the UK version of The Traitors. A show I'd watched the US version of a few weeks ago and loved.
I forgot to mention they're both on Peacock
bill_g

What are you watching?

Post by bill_g »

Netflix critique in three words or less -

The Devil to Pay - Fantastic Indy project.

Kalidescope - Absolute dreck.

Treason - Focused and satisfying.
neonzx

What are you watching?

Post by neonzx »

"Moonfall"on HBOMax yet again ( I know the free stuff or Prime/Netflix which I prefer). It's a bit cheesy, but decent sci-fi flick.
Luke
Location: @orly_licious With Pete Buttigieg and the other "open and defiant homosexuals" --Bryan Fischer AFA

What are you watching?

Post by Luke »

Thanks Neon :P for the recommendation on TOO HOT TO HANDLE: BRAZIL Season 2... it's the best of all the series. Caliente guys and girls, hot action, and lots of redemption.

Has anybody seen a History Channel show called ALONE? Hadn't heard of it, it's on Kanopy which is the free TV service of the public libraries. Literally, they drop 10 people in the Artic (or other places, watched Season 6 and now starting Season 7) in mid-Sept and it's like Good Luck. They have to build shelters, find food and get ready for Artic winter. It's a wild survialist series, heard there are a ton of fans or "students" of the show. In S6 the winner gets $500K, in S7, they have to stay for 100 days (!) and winner gets a million. It's amazing how proficient they are with bows & arrows, inventive on fishing, and dealing with the constant threats (from wild animals like bears to self-inflicted danger). They have camera rigs to post video journals, that's basically all they get except medical checks occasionally. Raw and gritty and understand why it's popular.
Lt Root Beer of the Mighty 699th. Fogbow 💙s titular Mama June in Fogbow's Favourite Show™ Mama June: From Not To Hot! Fogbow's Theme Song™ Edith Massey's "I Got The Evidence!" https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C5jDHZd0JAg
neonzx

What are you watching?

Post by neonzx »

orlylicious wrote: Mon Mar 20, 2023 10:00 pm Thanks Neon :P for the recommendation on TOO HOT TO HANDLE: BRAZIL Season 2... it's the best of all the series. Caliente guys and girls, hot action, and lots of redemption.
Hey wait. I didn't recommend that-- whatever that is. Don't drag me into this sexfest. I think the only thing I said was the Brasilian TV is, even on regular times, more risque than USA network TV. All T&A.

*insert Rodney Dangerfield voice*

Return to “U.S. Culture and Media”