What are you watching?

neonzx
Verified: 🤩✅✅✅✅✅🤩

What are you watching?

Post by neonzx »

AndyinPA wrote: Mon Mar 06, 2023 6:36 pm
neonzx wrote: Mon Mar 06, 2023 6:01 pm "The Menu" (2022). It's on HBO and I normally only recommend titles off the standard streaming platforms...

It is a semi-comedic horror film. These guests go to an exclusive private island to be served a diner. It not very gory, but the crazy chef expects his underlings to shout "YES CHEF!!". So maniacal as I believe Gordon must be in person.
I loved it. Just watched it for the second time. I loved the ending.
s'mores. :twisted:
AndyinPA
Verified:

What are you watching?

Post by AndyinPA »

Really :twisted:
"Choose your leaders with wisdom and forethought. To be led by a coward is to be controlled by all that the coward fears… To be led by a liar is to ask to be told lies." -Octavia E. Butler
John Thomas8

What are you watching?

Post by John Thomas8 »

This YouTube Channel I find fascinating (Dr Sledge is a victim of the Satanic Cult Scare of the 1980s):

Volkonski
Verified:

What are you watching?

Post by Volkonski »

Last night we finished the 2nd season of "Hope Street" a police show set in Northern Ireland on Britbox.

It ended with multiple cliffhangers but the BBC hasn't yet decided about a third series. :?

Considering all the things that happen to the show's characters it should be called "No Hope Street". ;)
“If everyone fought for their own convictions there would be no war.” ― Leo Tolstoy, War and Peace
Phoenix520
Verified:

What are you watching?

Post by Phoenix520 »

We just finished River, a 5 episode mini series on Britbox from 2015. Stellan Skarsgård is John River, a detective whose work partner was murdered in front of his eyes (except for the truck that drove by as she was shot).

He sees dead people. His dead partner is rather unhelpful in the investigation but she has her reasons.

It’s complicated but very good.
John Thomas8

What are you watching?

Post by John Thomas8 »

Phoenix520 wrote: Wed Mar 08, 2023 2:00 pm We just finished River, a 5 episode mini series on Britbox from 2015. Stellan Skarsgård is John River, a detective whose work partner was murdered in front of his eyes (except for the truck that drove by as she was shot).

He sees dead people. His dead partner is rather unhelpful in the investigation but she has her reasons.

It’s complicated but very good.
Sounds a bit like a 1969-1971 UK show shown on PBS in the US as My Partner The Ghost, UK title Randall and Hopkirk (Deceased).
jez
Verified: ✅ Medicated

What are you watching?

Post by jez »

Watched a couple of episodes of History of the World, Part II on Hulu.

meh... not impressed. Isn't as funny as the movie was. Not even close in my opinion. Unless I've just become a dried out husk of a human with no sense of humor.
“What is better ? to be born good or to overcome your evil nature through great effort ?”

~Paarthurnax
Kriselda Gray
Verified:

What are you watching?

Post by Kriselda Gray »

jez wrote: Wed Mar 08, 2023 9:18 pm Watched a couple of episodes of History of the World, Part II on Hulu.

meh... not impressed. Isn't as funny as the movie was. Not even close in my opinion. Unless I've just become a dried out husk of a human with no sense of humor.
I had the same reaction, Jez. It was kind of disappointing because I loved the movie.
much ado

What are you watching?

Post by much ado »

I am on the 5th episode of the 2nd season of Bridgerton.

I seem to like it. :bag:

The reviews of the 2nd season were somewhat lower than the 1st, but I think it is very good. The Whistledown intrigue is entertaining.

It is a change from my usual diet of action movies and supernatural flicks.
Kriselda Gray
Verified:

What are you watching?

Post by Kriselda Gray »

much ado wrote: Thu Mar 09, 2023 1:01 am I am on the 5th episode of the 2nd season of Bridgerton.
Are there a lot of explicit sex scenes?
much ado

What are you watching?

Post by much ado »

Kriselda Gray wrote: Thu Mar 09, 2023 3:11 am
much ado wrote: Thu Mar 09, 2023 1:01 am I am on the 5th episode of the 2nd season of Bridgerton.
So far only one, which is very relevant to the story line. Much unlike season 1. (Okay, maybe two, but the other was shorter, less significant.)

In some ways, season 2 is better than season 1, though I thought season 1 was good.

I'm calling it quits this evening at the start of the last episode (8) of season 2.
Kriselda Gray
Verified:

What are you watching?

Post by Kriselda Gray »

much ado wrote: Thu Mar 09, 2023 3:45 am
So far only one, which is very relevant to the story line. Much unlike season 1. (Okay, maybe two, but the other was shorter, less significant.)

In some ways, season 2 is better than season 1, though I thought season 1 was good.

I'm calling it quits this evening at the start of the last episode (8) of season 2.
So there was a lot in season one? Hmmm....

Glad you're enjoying it!!
much ado

What are you watching?

Post by much ado »

Kriselda Gray wrote: Thu Mar 09, 2023 3:46 am
much ado wrote: Thu Mar 09, 2023 3:45 am

So there was a lot in season one? Hmmm....

Glad you're enjoying it!!
Finished season 2 of Bridgerton. One more sex scene in the final episode, a nice one to wrap things up. So I think that makes three for the 2nd season.

I did some brief searching. Some places list 16 sex scenes in the 1st season and provide a ranking of them. Actors said the scenes were carefully choreographed and rehearsed.

Anyay, I liked Bridgerton.
Kriselda Gray
Verified:

What are you watching?

Post by Kriselda Gray »

much ado wrote: Sat Mar 11, 2023 12:18 am Finished season 2 of Bridgerton. One more sex scene in the final episode, a nice one to wrap things up. So I think that makes three for the 2nd season.

I did some brief searching. Some places list 16 sex scenes in the 1st season and provide a ranking of them. Actors said the scenes were carefully choreographed and rehearsed.

Anyay, I liked Bridgerton.
Cool! Thanks for looking that up :)
I'm glad you enjoyed it
Luke
Location: @orly_licious With Pete Buttigieg and the other "open and defiant homosexuals" --Bryan Fischer AFA

What are you watching?

Post by Luke »

The Julie Andrews narration is wonderful. Anything with Julie :lovestruck:

On a JetBlue flight, rewatched about half of Victor/Victoria. If you haven't seen it in a while (or if you've never seen it) it's a wonderful, hilarious film with a stunning cast and a terrific spirit. One of my favorite films.

Lt Root Beer of the Mighty 699th. Fogbow 💙s titular Mama June in Fogbow's Favourite Show™ Mama June: From Not To Hot! Fogbow's Theme Song™ Edith Massey's "I Got The Evidence!" https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C5jDHZd0JAg
Tiredretiredlawyer
Verified: ✅🐴🐎🦄🌻5000 posts and counting

What are you watching?

Post by Tiredretiredlawyer »

The Gentlemen written and directed by Guy Ritchie is superb! If you like Guy Ritchie's Snatch or Sherlock Holmes or Rock n Rolla, you will like this action comedy.

Hugh Grant is almost unrecognizable. His performance equals Brad Pitt's in Snatch.

It's on Netflix.
"Mickey Mouse and I grew up together." - Ruthie Tompson, Disney animation checker and scene planner and one of the first women to become a member of the International Photographers Union in 1952.
Luke
Location: @orly_licious With Pete Buttigieg and the other "open and defiant homosexuals" --Bryan Fischer AFA

What are you watching?

Post by Luke »

The Avengers with Patrick McNee and Diana Rigg is free for members on Prime Video. Diana enters in Season 4 (1966)... they have S4-6 on Amazon. LOVE this show. And I know a lot of us love Diana :P

https://www.amazon.com/gp/video/detail/ ... play=1&t=0
Lt Root Beer of the Mighty 699th. Fogbow 💙s titular Mama June in Fogbow's Favourite Show™ Mama June: From Not To Hot! Fogbow's Theme Song™ Edith Massey's "I Got The Evidence!" https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C5jDHZd0JAg
AndyinPA
Verified:

What are you watching?

Post by AndyinPA »

orlylicious wrote: Sat Mar 11, 2023 5:43 pm The Avengers with Patrick McNee and Diana Rigg is free for members on Prime Video. Diana enters in Season 4 (1966)... they have S4-6 on Amazon. LOVE this show. And I know a lot of us love Diana :P

https://www.amazon.com/gp/video/detail/ ... play=1&t=0
:lovestruck: :popcorn:
"Choose your leaders with wisdom and forethought. To be led by a coward is to be controlled by all that the coward fears… To be led by a liar is to ask to be told lies." -Octavia E. Butler
bill_g
Verified: ✅ Checked Republic ✓ ᵛᵉʳᶦᶠᶦᵉᵈ

What are you watching?

Post by bill_g »

Diana Rigg was my first TV hottie love back in the 60's. Imagine my disappointment when she appeared on Game of Thrones more recently. I had to take a hard look in the mirror. (sad_face)
neonzx
Verified: 🤩✅✅✅✅✅🤩

What are you watching?

Post by neonzx »

bill_g wrote: Sun Mar 12, 2023 11:09 am Diana Rigg was my first TV hottie love back in the 60's. Imagine my disappointment when she appeared on Game of Thrones more recently. I had to take a hard look in the mirror. (sad_face)
:lol:
I know. We all have to eventually do that look in the mirror. WT heck happened? :?
AndyinPA
Verified:

What are you watching?

Post by AndyinPA »

Okay, where's The Prisoner?
pipistrelle

What are you watching?

Post by pipistrelle »

neonzx wrote: Sun Mar 12, 2023 11:18 am
bill_g wrote: Sun Mar 12, 2023 11:09 am Diana Rigg was my first TV hottie love back in the 60's. Imagine my disappointment when she appeared on Game of Thrones more recently. I had to take a hard look in the mirror. (sad_face)
I know. We all have to eventually do that look in the mirror. WT heck happened? :?
Funny, I was shocked by her appearance in Mother Love, from the early 1990s. I didn't recognize her on Doctor Who as Gillyflower until I noticed the credits.
bill_g
Verified: ✅ Checked Republic ✓ ᵛᵉʳᶦᶠᶦᵉᵈ

What are you watching?

Post by bill_g »

AndyinPA wrote: Sun Mar 12, 2023 11:32 am Okay, where's The Prisoner?
Take a number.

Oh, wait ....
AndyinPA
Verified:

What are you watching?

Post by AndyinPA »

Frater I*I
Verified: ✅Verified Devilish Hyena

What are you watching?

Post by Frater I*I »

bill_g wrote: Sun Mar 12, 2023 11:53 am
AndyinPA wrote: Sun Mar 12, 2023 11:32 am Okay, where's The Prisoner?
Take a number.

Oh, wait ....
I am not a number, I AM A FREE MAN!!!!!
"He sewed his eyes shut because he is afraid to see, He tries to tell me what I put inside of me
He's got the answers to ease my curiosity, He dreamed a god up and called it Christianity"

Trent Reznor

Return to “U.S. Culture and Media”