What are you watching?

Tiredretiredlawyer
Verified: ✅🐴🐎🦄🌻5000 posts and counting

Re: What are you watching?

Post by Tiredretiredlawyer »

Foggy -I have to see every Marvel movie at least once, so I have a grasp of the overall situation in the MCU. Weirdo.
I'll raise you. I have to read the Fogbow everyday and sometimes twice a day so I can have a grasp of the overall situation in the universe. Weirdo. :crazy:
"Mickey Mouse and I grew up together." - Ruthie Tompson, Disney animation checker and scene planner and one of the first women to become a member of the International Photographers Union in 1952.
John Thomas8

Post by John Thomas8 »

Foggy wrote: Mon Jan 24, 2022 8:29 am Well, the price for renting Venom: Let There Be Carnage on Amazon finally dropped enough, so I rented it. I'm halfway through it, so no spoilers por favor.

Can't help it - I have to see every Marvel movie at least once, so I have a grasp of the overall situation in the MCU. Weirdo. :crazy:
Maybe I'm just easily amused, but I laughed all the way through that movie. The thing with chickens....
AndyinPA
Verified:

Post by AndyinPA »

For Resident Alien fans, Harry's back Wednesday night at 9 PM on SYFY.
"Choose your leaders with wisdom and forethought. To be led by a coward is to be controlled by all that the coward fears… To be led by a liar is to ask to be told lies." -Octavia E. Butler
bill_g
Verified: ✅ Checked Republic ✓ ᵛᵉʳᶦᶠᶦᵉᵈ

Post by bill_g »

I started drilling into "Ozark" on Netflix, and noticed it is Part 1. Mother Mary on a Bisquit. Is Netflix going to disrespect the audience like AMC did with several popular shows? I hated that when AMC cut up the final seasons of Mad Men and Breaking bad just to string us along. I quit watching both shows on cable, and eventually viewed them on Netflix several years later. If Netflix thinks this is a good model to follow, I'll have to find a new way to express my disfavor.

Don't mess with my favorite shows people. It's just TV. I watch it for entertainment, but I don't *Need* it. I can walk away at any time. Fear The Walking Audience.
filly

Post by filly »

bill_g wrote: Wed Feb 02, 2022 9:14 am I started drilling into "Ozark" on Netflix, and noticed it is Part 1. Mother Mary on a Bisquit. Is Netflix going to disrespect the audience like AMC did with several popular shows? I hated that when AMC cut up the final seasons of Mad Men and Breaking bad just to string us along. I quit watching both shows on cable, and eventually viewed them on Netflix several years later. If Netflix thinks this is a good model to follow, I'll have to find a new way to express my disfavor.

Don't mess with my favorite shows people. It's just TV. I watch it for entertainment, but I don't *Need* it. I can walk away at any time. Fear The Walking Audience.
Pssst, there's a pandemic going on and filming frequently gets interrupted.

Also, what's a bisquit?
bill_g

Post by bill_g »

filly wrote: Wed Feb 02, 2022 11:11 am
bill_g wrote: Wed Feb 02, 2022 9:14 am I started drilling into "Ozark" on Netflix, and noticed it is Part 1. Mother Mary on a Bisquit. Is Netflix going to disrespect the audience like AMC did with several popular shows? I hated that when AMC cut up the final seasons of Mad Men and Breaking bad just to string us along. I quit watching both shows on cable, and eventually viewed them on Netflix several years later. If Netflix thinks this is a good model to follow, I'll have to find a new way to express my disfavor.

Pssst, there's a pandemic going on and filming frequently gets interrupted.

Also, what's a bisquit?
Something delicious when fresh.
Phoenix520
Verified:

Post by Phoenix520 »

Communion wafer is my guess.
filly

Post by filly »

Phoenix520 wrote: Wed Feb 02, 2022 12:00 pm Communion wafer is my guess.
Wow a fresh, delicious and gluten free communion wafer? Yummm! :P
neonzx
Verified: 🤩✅✅✅✅✅🤩

Post by neonzx »

E.T. - The Extra Terrestrial

I could only find it for rental, but so be it. :biggrin:

They removed direct references to the brand Reeses Pieces. They are there, but if you don't know what they are, you have no clue. Elliot used them as bait in the original film.
PaulG

Post by PaulG »

I started watching "Ozark" in November and was eagerly awaiting season 4, but yeah, season 4 part 1? I'm going to wait for the rest of season 4 to drop then binge it. I did watch the first couple of episodes in S4, but it didn't grab me so much that I absolutely had to watch up to episode 7 right now! Plus, I really miss the anarchic flavor of the early episodes, (How was your day? I bought a funeral parlor), but that all kind of died with Buddy.

Funnily enough, I had the same reaction to the premier of the latest season of "JoJo's Bizarre Adventure". They only dropped 12 episodes but in this case I'm trying not binge because I won't be able to stand* waiting for episode 13.
pipistrelle

Post by pipistrelle »

neonzx wrote: Wed Feb 02, 2022 4:27 pm E.T. - The Extra Terrestrial

They removed direct references to the brand Reeses Pieces. They are there, but if you don't know what they are, you have no clue. Elliot used them as bait in the original film.
Why removed?
neonzx

Post by neonzx »

pipistrelle wrote: Wed Feb 02, 2022 9:28 pm
neonzx wrote: Wed Feb 02, 2022 4:27 pm E.T. - The Extra Terrestrial

Why removed?
:shrug: Perhaps Hershey expected compensation in perpetuity and Spielberg wasn't down with that? Or
vice versa. I dunno what the contract for product placement was.
qbawl

Post by qbawl »

The new All Creatures Great and Small on PBS.
RVInit

Post by RVInit »

No, Netflix is not disrespecting the audience. Season 4 is the last season. All the other seasons have been made up of 10 episodes. Netflix is so not disrespecting the audience that they made the decision to do the last Season as much justice as they could and expanded the last season to 14 episodes. They are releasing it in 2 parts due to Covid/post production efforts. Part 2 is coming sooner than you think, it's not going to be next year. They have to get all episodes aired within a time frame to allow this season to qualify for Emmy awards, so we will have the final 7 episodes before mid year. **

** I'm a bit of a fan of this show and have reading up on this, kind of unusual for me, actually. That's the only reason I know this. Jason Bateman has been on a few of the late night shows and has talked about it. And there are writeups on it on several websites, but I didn't save any of those links. You can google Ozark Season 4 schedule and probably find updated information. Also, too...whether they actually achieve "justice" with the ending of this show remains to be seen. The first part of Season 4 is a pretty intense non stop wild ride.
There's a lot of things that need to change. One specifically? Police brutality.
--Colin Kaepernick
bill_g

Post by bill_g »

RVInit wrote: Thu Feb 03, 2022 6:40 am No, Netflix is not disrespecting the audience.
Thank you so much for the explanation RV. I should have Google-wooded the answer like you did. I'll calm down now.*

I made it through E7, and that's quite a cliffhanger they left us at.

* I have never gotten over how AMC treated the audience of the popular shows, and I'm sure I'm not alone. They've lost everyone except the zombie genre, and they seem to be betting that audience will grow. Good luck with that.
pipistrelle

Post by pipistrelle »

bill_g wrote: Thu Feb 03, 2022 7:40 am
RVInit wrote: Thu Feb 03, 2022 6:40 am No, Netflix is not disrespecting the audience.
Thank you so much for the explanation RV. I should have Google-wooded the answer like you did. I'll calm down now.*

I made it through E7, and that's quite a cliffhanger they left us at.

* I have never gotten over how AMC treated the audience of the popular shows, and I'm sure I'm not alone. They've lost everyone except the zombie genre, and they seem to be betting that audience will grow. Good luck with that.
I’ve never gotten over AMC not showing classic movies. :oldman:
neonzx

Post by neonzx »

pipistrelle wrote: Thu Feb 03, 2022 8:52 am
I’ve never gotten over AMC not showing classic movies. :oldman:
I've never gotten over MTV not showing music videos. :oldman:
Tiredretiredlawyer

I luvs streaming content from the New York Adventure Cub and Eventbrite.

Here are my selections for February:

https://www.eventbrite.com/c/black-hist ... s-cwyhygw/

James Baldwin : I Am Not Your Negro

Black Ballet in the West End
"Mickey Mouse and I grew up together." - Ruthie Tompson, Disney animation checker and scene planner and one of the first women to become a member of the International Photographers Union in 1952.
Phoenix520
Verified:

Post by Phoenix520 »

Hitsville USA. Barry Gordie and Motown.
With all the music. Wonderful. Dance-inducing!

We lived in the DC area when I was in high school. My room was on the 3rd floor. On certain nights I’d put my radio on the window sill and tune in Detroit, listen to The Temptations, Supremes, Smokey. I still love R&B.
neonzx

Post by neonzx »

"Zoo" on Netflix. Basically the animals get smart, but I'm only on EP 2.
Tiredretiredlawyer

Phoenix520 wrote: Fri Feb 04, 2022 2:33 pm Hitsville USA. Barry Gordie and Motown.

We lived in the DC area when I was in high school. My room was on the 3rd floor. On certain nights I’d put my radio on the window sill and tune in Detroit, listen to The Temptations, Supremes, Smokey. I still love R&B.
KAAY in Little Rock played ALL of the Motown hits and more. I cried when The Supremes broke up. :crying: "Someday We Will Be Together".
Kriselda Gray
Verified:

Post by Kriselda Gray »

Tiredretiredlawyer wrote: Fri Feb 04, 2022 5:21 pm
Phoenix520 wrote: Fri Feb 04, 2022 2:33 pm Hitsville USA. Barry Gordie and Motown.

KAAY in Little Rock played ALL of the Motown hits and more. I cried when The Supremes broke up. :crying: "Someday We Will Be Together".
My earliest music memories were of my parents taking me to see some big bands, and a number of "standards singers" like Paul Anka when I was really young. They were older than most parents of kids my age, so that was what they'd grown up on and loved as adults. Unfortunately, I was growing up in the 70's, and discovered Shaun Cassidy, Andy Gibb, BeeGees, Captain & Tenielle and Leif Garrett. They eventually gave up trying to get me into their stuff.
AndyinPA
Verified:

Post by AndyinPA »

My parents' stuff was big band music. And I was very into it, and I still am. Glenn Miller. :lovestruck: And lots more.
"Choose your leaders with wisdom and forethought. To be led by a coward is to be controlled by all that the coward fears… To be led by a liar is to ask to be told lies." -Octavia E. Butler
Tiredretiredlawyer

I luvs all kinds of music! Big Band, Country Western, Country, Classical, Rock n' Roll, Heavy Metal, crooners, Dixieland, R&B, Motown, etc.

What an experience, though, to see the dreamy Paul Anka live! :daydreaming:
AndyinPA
Verified:

Post by AndyinPA »

Not watching yet, but at 10 PM EST tonight on MSNBC, Rep. Jamie Raskin has a program, Love & the Constitution. It's been pretty heavily advertised, but I thought I'd just give a heads up. It looks to be memorable.

Return to “U.S. Culture and Media”