Spring forward.
To delete this message, click the X at top right.

What are you watching?

Phoenix520
Verified:

What are you watching?

Post by Phoenix520 »

Novelty musicians who are successful IMHO get all head-swole if they get popular, just before they disappear. I’ve always loved Weird Al because he didn’t. I’ll watch that if I can figure out how. Roku isn’t one of my usuals.
AndyinPA
Verified:

What are you watching?

Post by AndyinPA »

I thought Daniel Radcliffe was perfect for the role. I haven't seen it yet. How was he?
"Choose your leaders with wisdom and forethought. To be led by a coward is to be controlled by all that the coward fears… To be led by a liar is to ask to be told lies." -Octavia E. Butler
bill_g
Verified: ✅ Checked Republic ✓ ᵛᵉʳᶦᶠᶦᵉᵈ

What are you watching?

Post by bill_g »

Phoenix520 wrote: Sun Nov 06, 2022 11:52 am Novelty musicians who are successful IMHO get all head-swole if they get popular, just before they disappear. I’ve always loved Weird Al because he didn’t. I’ll watch that if I can figure out how. Roku isn’t one of my usuals.
It's really really really hard. :)

Just sign up, and then watch whatever you want. Some of it has commercials, and some of it doesn't. Enjoy!

And! Scroll down the first page. They are letting people watch it for free without signing up. Bonus.
AndyinPA wrote: Sun Nov 06, 2022 12:06 pm I thought Daniel Radcliffe was perfect for the role. I haven't seen it yet. How was he?

He's perfect for the role.
Slim Cognito
Verified:

What are you watching?

Post by Slim Cognito »

I'm going to have to check that out. I'm a fan. I remember reading Weird Al graduated HS at 16 as valedictorian. His father was from KCKS.
Pup Dennis in training to be a guide dog & given to a deserving vet. Thx! ImageImageImage x4
bill_g

What are you watching?

Post by bill_g »

Well, bear in mind this autobiography is totally totally absolutely completely without a doubt entirely under fear of death true. The whole thing. Front to back. Beginning to end. Including the part in the middle. Especially that part.
► Show Spoiler
Kriselda Gray
Verified:

What are you watching?

Post by Kriselda Gray »

My husband and I just finished watching Gabriel Iglesias' latest Netflix special. It's HILARIOUS Fluffy is just so funny. He's pretty much the only stand-up comic I'll watch a show by, and I haven't seen a bad one yet,
Tiredretiredlawyer
Verified: ✅🐴🐎🦄🌻5000 posts and counting

What are you watching?

Post by Tiredretiredlawyer »

"The Patient" on HULU. Grim. Tension filled. Superb acting.

Hubby kinda wishes he hadn't watched it. It left him unsettled. He is unclear how he feels about it. The dilemmas presented didn't give him any satisfactory resolution options. He doesn't feel better for having watched it. As he described "Dangerous Liaisons" with John Malkovich and Michelle Pfeifer, "Well that ain't a happily ever after!"

Being the serial killer aficionado, I found it fascinating and accurate in many ways. I can watch this, but not "The Vikings" which has way too many screaming women and babies.
"Mickey Mouse and I grew up together." - Ruthie Tompson, Disney animation checker and scene planner and one of the first women to become a member of the International Photographers Union in 1952.
AndyinPA
Verified:

What are you watching?

Post by AndyinPA »

We just finished it last week. I didn't like the ending, but it was really the only likely outcome. :(
"Choose your leaders with wisdom and forethought. To be led by a coward is to be controlled by all that the coward fears… To be led by a liar is to ask to be told lies." -Octavia E. Butler
Tiredretiredlawyer

What are you watching?

I agree.
"Mickey Mouse and I grew up together." - Ruthie Tompson, Disney animation checker and scene planner and one of the first women to become a member of the International Photographers Union in 1952.
Luke
Location: @orly_licious With Pete Buttigieg and the other "open and defiant homosexuals" --Bryan Fischer AFA

What are you watching?

Post by Luke »

All seven seasons of The Mary Tyler Moore Show are now on Amazon Prime!! :dance: It's a perfect before-bedtime show. We have the DVDs, but Amazon lets it get downloaded to the tablet so great for trips.

MANIFEST on Netflix is interesting... a plane takes off and when it lands it's 5 1/2 years later. The drama of when families are reunited, the government's involvement, spooky occurrences... there are a lot of good things about it. Would give it a B. They just dropped the first 10 episodes of Season 4.
Lt Root Beer of the Mighty 699th. Fogbow 💙s titular Mama June in Fogbow's Favourite Show™ Mama June: From Not To Hot! Fogbow's Theme Song™ Edith Massey's "I Got The Evidence!" https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C5jDHZd0JAg
neonzx
Verified: 🤩✅✅✅✅✅🤩

What are you watching?

Post by neonzx »

F*&#K my life.

I have an older friend who had been raving about this show "Yellowstone" for some time. About a month ago we were talking "what are you watching" and I mentioned I went back and watched all seasons of Boston Legal.

OH, then you will LOVE Yellowstone, she said.

:|

So, I signed up for Paramount+ ($4.99/w commercials).

There are presently 4 seasons, 41 episodes.

I knew I was in trouble when I saw Kevin Costner has a lead AND is Executive Producer.

SLOW AS PAINT DRYING. Total chick-flick material with brief bouts of excitement every few episodes.

I am into Seasons 4 only because I am invested and want to finish before that $4.99 charge renews.

Yellowstone <> /= Boston Legal. :blackeye: Damn you, Liz!
AndyinPA
Verified:

What are you watching?

Post by AndyinPA »

American Horror Story: NYC ended Wednesday night. Available on Hulu, though. Being AHS, it went somewhat into the supernatural, but it didn't have to. The real horror was NYC in the gay community in the early 1980s, when it was just getting started.
neonzx

What are you watching?

Post by neonzx »

AndyinPA wrote: Sat Nov 19, 2022 3:12 pm American Horror Story: NYC ended Wednesday night. Available on Hulu, though. Being AHS, it went somewhat into the supernatural, but it didn't have to. The real horror was NYC in the gay community in the early 1980s, when it was just getting started.
Watched episode 9 & 10 this week. Didn't like this season. I don't think they should have used the HIV/AIDS epidemic for this theatrical purpose.

Maybe they will come up with something better for season 12, assuming it was renewed after this disaster.
AndyinPA
Verified:

What are you watching?

Post by AndyinPA »

neonzx wrote: Sat Nov 19, 2022 3:30 pm
AndyinPA wrote: Sat Nov 19, 2022 3:12 pm American Horror Story: NYC ended Wednesday night. Available on Hulu, though. Being AHS, it went somewhat into the supernatural, but it didn't have to. The real horror was NYC in the gay community in the early 1980s, when it was just getting started.
Watched episode 9 & 10 this week. Didn't like this season. I don't think they should have used the HIV/AIDS epidemic for this theatrical purpose.

Maybe they will come up with something better for season 12, assuming it was renewed after this disaster.
I didn't know what the subject of the season was when it started, although it wasn't hard to figure it out. I've seen lots of different opinions on whether this was a good topic or not.

It's been renewed for at least through Season 13.
Tiredretiredlawyer

What are you watching?

"Once Upon A Mattress" (2005) prime video. The musical which introduced Carol Burnett to Broadway in the 1950's/60's, was reworked and this time Carol is not Princess Winifred Woebegone but Queen Agravain. I had to see if my gurlzz would enjoy it.
pipistrelle

What are you watching?

Post by pipistrelle »

If our political situation weren't dire, I would lead a national rebellion against paying monthly fees per channel AND getting commercials.
bill_g

What are you watching?

Post by bill_g »

Movie: Ad Astra. Two thumbs down.

All star cast, slow burn cerebral spaceship sci-fi. Ugh. A slog to get through. Great visuals. Good acting. Terrible character dev. Worse story dev. Zero energy.

If you get the opportunity to miss this one, take it.
bill_g

What are you watching?

Post by bill_g »

Netflix documentary: Pepsi, where's my jet? One thumb up.

It's a real life litigation that became case law on how not to run a contest. It's four forty eight minute episodes that could have been easily edited down to a single ninty minute version. They included a lot of back story. YMMV
Volkonski
Verified:

What are you watching?

Post by Volkonski »

Netflix-

"Enola Holmes 2".

Picks up where "Enola Holmes" ended.

Enola is Sherlock's younger sister and his ward since the disappearance of their mother.

In the new movie they take the real events of a labor dispute in late 19th Century London and involve Sherlock and Enola. Nice mix of drama (some of it a bit dark) and humor. A-list cast.

Starts a bit slow but stick with it. Might help to watch the earlier film first.
“If everyone fought for their own convictions there would be no war.” ― Leo Tolstoy, War and Peace
bill_g

What are you watching?

Post by bill_g »

Netflix: 1899

Period psychological conspiracy mystery fantasy sci-fi

Well developed, kept me engaged, not satisfied by the ending.
► Show Spoiler
neonzx

What are you watching?

Post by neonzx »

bill_g wrote: Fri Nov 25, 2022 10:05 am Netflix: 1899

► Show Spoiler
I tried it. Was half-way into episode 2. Had to place it aside.
bill_g

What are you watching?

Post by bill_g »

neonzx wrote: Fri Nov 25, 2022 10:18 am
bill_g wrote: Fri Nov 25, 2022 10:05 am Netflix: 1899

► Show Spoiler
I tried it. Was half-way into episode 2. Had to place it aside.
Mrs made it halfway through E1 before she backed out. It has a narrow appeal. No one will get splinters in their butt sitting on the fence with this show.
neonzx

What are you watching?

Post by neonzx »

Netflix: Pepsi, Where's My Jet?

It's a documentary done in 4 episodes. I actually don't recall this incident from the 1990s -- Pepsi promotion that offered premiums for collecting points... typical gear (hats, shirts, jackets, etc) but included a top prize of a Harrier Jet
for 7,000,000 Pepsi points. And apparently legal didn't review and insert fine print on the TV commercial. Ooops. :biggrin:

It's well produced and pretty funny. On E2 now.
mojosapien
Occupation: Desktop support. Retired juror for the next three years, thanks.
Verified:

What are you watching?

Post by mojosapien »

Think like a fortune cookie. ©2022-Mojosapien
mojosapien
Occupation: Desktop support. Retired juror for the next three years, thanks.
Verified:

What are you watching?

Post by mojosapien »

Black Moses
Think like a fortune cookie. ©2022-Mojosapien

Return to “U.S. Culture and Media”