Spring forward.
To delete this message, click the X at top right.

What are you watching?

keith
Occupation: Retired Computer Systems Analyst Project Manager Super Coder
Verified: ✅lunatic

Re: What are you watching?

Post by keith »

AndyinPA wrote: Mon Apr 25, 2022 11:19 am
keith wrote: Mon Apr 25, 2022 9:06 am Started on Catch 22 and Gaslit today. Both show promise.cannot recognise the actor playing John Mitchell in Gaslit.
I don't recognize him, but it's Sean Penn. I assume he's heavily made up and using prosthetics because I kept trying to see him in there and couldn't find him.
Exactly.
Has everybody heard about the bird?
tencats

Post by tencats »

Rutger Hauer as Pieter Bruegel, touring inside his own canvas and discussing his work's origin in this immersive art historical investigation.

The Mill and the Cross (Polish: Młyn i krzyż) is a 2011 drama film directed by Lech Majewski and starring Rutger Hauer, Charlotte Rampling, and Michael York. It is inspired by Pieter Bruegel the Elder's 1564 painting The Procession to Calvary, and based on Michael Francis Gibson's 1996 book The Mill and the Cross. The film was a Polish-Swedish co-production.

Free to view at link here https://tubitv.com/movies/57210 on tubitv.com/movies
MN-Skeptic

Post by MN-Skeptic »

There are so many interesting shows and movies that you post about, and that my sister recommends, that I've subscribed to several streaming services in the last couple of years. I'm much better at subscribing than at actual watching, but one of these days I'll get better. Maybe.

Anyway, I just got an email from my internet / landline provider - CenturyLink - and they're giving me 12 months of Epix Now free for 12 months, no payment information required. At the end of 12 months it just end unless I choose to continue at the standard retail price. I like free. At least I won't feel guilty if I don't watch it.
Tiredretiredlawyer
Verified: ✅🐴🐎🦄🌻5000 posts and counting

Post by Tiredretiredlawyer »

https://www.msn.com/en-us/movies/news/n ... uxbndlbing
Netflix Announces Summer Slate Including Dates For Jamie Foxx’s ‘Day Shift’ And Kevin Hart’s ‘Me Time’

As studios meet in Las Vegas to present footage of their upcoming slates to exhibitors, Netflix is showcasing its own slate of future feature films as it has unveiled its upcoming summer slate of original movies. Some of the films receiving new release dates include the vampire thriller Day Shift starring Jamie Foxx, which is set to bow on August 12, the Kevin Hart-Mark Wahlberg comedy Me Time, bowing on Aug. 26 and the Dakota Johnson drama Persuasion, bowing July 15. The streamer also confirmed dates of some highly-anticipated films that had previously been announced like the Adam Sandler sports pic Hustle, which bows on June 8, the Chris Hemsworth-Miles teller thriller Spiderhead, which bows on June 17 and most recently the the Russo Brothers’ next film The Gray Man, starring Ryan Gosling and Chris Evans, which will premiere on July 22.

You can find the remaining schedule for the entire summer slate below along with a synopsis and details for each pic:
"Mickey Mouse and I grew up together." - Ruthie Tompson, Disney animation checker and scene planner and one of the first women to become a member of the International Photographers Union in 1952.
John Thomas8

Post by John Thomas8 »

Jeremy Clarkson's Farm:

Tiredretiredlawyer

LeVar Burton will receive a Lifetime Achievement Award at the new children's Emmys

LeVar Burton, the beloved former Reading Rainbow host, will receive a Lifetime Achievement Award at the inaugural Children's and Family Emmys in December, the Television Academy announced this week.

Burton took on executive producer and hosting duties for the PBS kids' program in 1983. On the show, Burton read books, conducted interviews and explained current events to children. The show aired for 23 years, and has won 12 Daytime Emmys and a Peabody Award.

"Whoa," Burton said on Twitter in reaction to the Lifetime Achievement Award, announced on Tuesday.

The Children's and Family Emmys is the first standalone Emmy awards show since the Sports Emmy Awards and the News & Documentary Emmy Awards were founded in 1979, the Television Academy said.
"Mickey Mouse and I grew up together." - Ruthie Tompson, Disney animation checker and scene planner and one of the first women to become a member of the International Photographers Union in 1952.
AndyinPA
Verified:

Post by AndyinPA »

:clap:
"Choose your leaders with wisdom and forethought. To be led by a coward is to be controlled by all that the coward fears… To be led by a liar is to ask to be told lies." -Octavia E. Butler
bill_g
Verified: ✅ Checked Republic ✓ ᵛᵉʳᶦᶠᶦᵉᵈ

Post by bill_g »

Hey Netflix fans - a complete list of special codes to help you narrow down your searches for specific movies and shows.

https://www.netflix-codes.com
bob

Post by bob »

Just binged The Expanse.

The acting at times is weird, the writing (for TV) often is clunky, but oh! the world-buidling. When adapting the source books, it creates a future that is so much more relatable than Star Trek; both are set in the 24th(-ish) century, but The Expanse feels far more realistic. And it (mostly) puts the science in science fiction.

And it does a good job at commenting on contemporary politics without being heavy handed, something Battlestar Galatica (IMO) failed to do.
Image ImageImage
bob

Post by bob »

The Offer, which is a mini-series about the making of The Godfather.

The actor playing Bob "The Kid Stays in the Picture" Evans is having so much fun. But it is difficult to hear everyone repeatedly say "Mario Puzo" without thinking about his birther dumbelganger.
Image ImageImage
keith
Occupation: Retired Computer Systems Analyst Project Manager Super Coder
Verified: ✅lunatic

Post by keith »

Bosch Legacy.

I'm hooked on Bosch.

How come I never heard of Titus Weliver before Bosch? What did he do to earn so much control over this franchise?
Has everybody heard about the bird?
Tiredretiredlawyer

Just saw Robert Redford on Perry Mason. He was gorgeous in the 60's and did a creditable job against all the other strong actors.
Phoenix520
Verified:

Post by Phoenix520 »

keith wrote: Fri May 06, 2022 8:08 am Bosch Legacy.

I'm hooked on Bosch.

How come I never heard of Titus Weliver before Bosch? What did he do to earn so much control over this franchise?
Become besties with Michael Connelly?
Tiredretiredlawyer

James Coburn was the latest "killee" in Perry Mason.

There have been a couple of military tribunal shows, one Air Force and one Navy.
Volkonski
Verified:

Post by Volkonski »

New Dr. Who named.

“If everyone fought for their own convictions there would be no war.” ― Leo Tolstoy, War and Peace
Kriselda Gray
Verified:

Post by Kriselda Gray »

I can't believe that I somehow missed NBC bringing back the "Law & Order" mothership! They did a 10 episode 21st season and have renewed it for a 22nd. They got Anthony Anderson and Sam Wasterson to return. I just saw the first episode tonight, and it was like putting on my favorite old sweater. My only complaint so far is that the new cop (Jeffery Donovan) is way too abrasive.

I've also been watching "Law & Order: UK" which is pretty cool. So far, all the episodes have been American episodes reworked for British lawyer-speak and sensibilities. It's like putting on that same sweater and finding its been a bit poshed-up.

A question for our marvelous IAALs: on shows like L&O when they make reference to a previous precedent so they can get some evidence or testimony admitted, are those generally citations to real cases or do they make up a case to fit their needs?
Tiredretiredlawyer

Perry Mason update. James Coburn has been the killee in two different episodes. He deserved it.

Spock's Vulcan Bride featured in an episode that is a must see. https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0673175/. This episode is written like a foreign film. Arlene Martel is a languid femme fatale who steals the camera in every scene she is in.

The Case of the Malicious Mariner has a scene which is duplicated exactly in Star Trek: The Original Series.
https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0673328/?ref_=ttep_ep4. It is at the 3:15 mark.
Tiredretiredlawyer

https://www.yahoo.com/entertainment/spi ... 58628.html
‘This Is Spinal Tap’ Sequel Set With Rob Reiner Returning

Rob Reiner is turning it up to 11. Again. The director is returning for a sequel to cult comedy This Is Spinal Tap with original stars Michael McKean, Christopher Guest and Harry Shearer also reprising their roles as the fictional English heavy metal band. In addition to directing, Reiner will reprise his onscreen role as documentarian Martin “Marty” DeBergi.

The sequel to the 1984 rock mockumentary will launch sales at the 2022 Cannes Film Festival and is planning an early 2024 release, tied to the 40-year anniversary of the original. This Is Spinal Tap will screen at the Cannes Film Festival as a part of the Cinema de la Plage sidebar.

“When it was announced that Spinal Tap would reunite for one final concert, Marty DeBergi saw this as a chance to make things right with the band who viewed This is Spinal Tap as a hatchet job. So he left his position as visiting adjunct teacher’s assistant at the Ed Wood School of Cinematic Arts in pursuit of film history,” said Reiner.

The project will also feature the appearances of real-life performers, who will be announced at a later date.
Kriselda Gray
Verified:

Post by Kriselda Gray »

Tiredretiredlawyer wrote: Thu May 12, 2022 12:59 pm Perry Mason update.
Is this the original Perry Mason you're watching?
Patagoniagirl

Post by Patagoniagirl »

If you are angry, stressed or depressed, do not watch "I Am Not Your Negro". If you are not angry, sad or depressed, watch it. Then, if you are human, you will be one or all of those things. I am ashamed of this country.
qbawl

Post by qbawl »

Finally got around to watching CODA, very good film.
Tiredretiredlawyer

Kriselda Gray wrote: Fri May 13, 2022 9:24 am
Tiredretiredlawyer wrote: Thu May 12, 2022 12:59 pm Perry Mason update.
Is this the original Perry Mason you're watching?
Yes.
Tiredretiredlawyer

I Am Not Your Negro is one of my favorite documentaries. I love James Baldwin's speaking ability. It is truly an eye opener.
Flatpoint High
Occupation: professional pain in the ass, voice actor & keeper of the straight face
Verified:

Post by Flatpoint High »

Mike Meyers' PENTAVERATE on NETFLIX
castigat ridendo mores.
VELOCIUS QUAM ASPARAGI COQUANTUR
Phoenix520
Verified:

Post by Phoenix520 »

Midnight Mass on Netflix. :eek:
Limited series, the last episode is WILD. It has religion at its core, but come to find out what they believe isn’t what they think it is.

There are draggy sections and silly sections but overall I liked it. The last episode is just…unexpected. It turned the thing into an allegory for me.

I really like the lead actor, Hamish Linklater.

Return to “U.S. Culture and Media”