Mesa County Colorado - Belinda and Tina's big adventure

RTH10260
Verified: ✔️ Eurobot

Post by RTH10260 »

Election-denying former Colorado clerk guilty of obstruction

Fri, March 3, 2023 at 9:14 PM GMT+1

GRAND JUNCTION, Colo. (AP) — A former Colorado clerk who has become a hero to election conspiracy theorists was convicted Friday of a misdemeanor obstruction charge for trying to prevent authorities from taking an iPad she allegedly used to videotape a court hearing.

The case is separate from Tina Peters' alleged involvement in a security breach of voting machines.

Jurors found Peters guilty of obstructing government operations but acquitted her of obstructing a peace officer, The Daily Sentinel reported.

She was charged last year after allegedly recording a court hearing involving a subordinate who was also charged in the alleged voting machine breach.

Testimony during the two-day trial included that Peters repeatedly told investigators that the iPad did not belong to her and that she could not provide the password because it belonged to someone else named Tammy Bailey. Peters' lawyer, Harvey Steinberg, said that was an alias used by Peters, suggesting it was created for security reasons.

“It is her right not to give out the passcode,” he said in closing arguments. “It’s not a crime.”

Peters was briefly detained on Feb. 8, 2022, at a cafe where she was meeting with other people when investigators from the district attorney’s office showed up with a warrant to seize the iPad. Peters gave the iPad to another person, and police were then called. Peters then got between officers and the man to try to prevent them from taking the iPad. Peters was handcuffed and taken outside without warning, which was captured on police body camera video.

“She’s struggling with us the whole time as we were trying to get the handcuffs on,” Officer Vaughn Soderquist testified. “Ms. Peters escalated in her behavior so we removed her to calm things down.”

Peters, who is running to become the leader of Colorado's Republican Party, is scheduled to be sentenced on April 10. The obstruction charge carries a sentence of up to six months in jail and a $750 fine. The charge Peters was acquitted of would have carried a sentence of up to a year in jail.

https://www.yahoo.com/news/election-den ... 28605.html
raison de arizona
Verified: ✔️ he/him/his

Post by raison de arizona »

Over/under on jail time?

I’m thinking she does a month or so.
“Remember, democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet that did not commit suicide.” —John Adams
Frater I*I
Verified: ✅Verified Devilish Hyena

Post by Frater I*I »

raison de arizona wrote: Sat Mar 04, 2023 12:08 am Over/under on jail time?

None.
"He sewed his eyes shut because he is afraid to see, He tries to tell me what I put inside of me
He's got the answers to ease my curiosity, He dreamed a god up and called it Christianity"

Trent Reznor
raison de arizona
Verified: ✔️ he/him/his

Post by raison de arizona »

Frater I*I wrote: Sat Mar 04, 2023 12:14 am
raison de arizona wrote: Sat Mar 04, 2023 12:08 am Over/under on jail time?

None.
Yeah, wishful thinking.
“Remember, democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet that did not commit suicide.” —John Adams
Luke
Location: @orly_licious With Pete Buttigieg and the other "open and defiant homosexuals" --Bryan Fischer AFA

Post by Luke »

Good, no worries for 2024 in Colorado (and Michigan):
Mar 11, 2023 - Politics & Policy
Colorado GOP picks election denier to lead party into 2024 election
John Frank

The Colorado Republican Party's new leader believes Donald Trump won the 2020 election and considers Senate Republican leader Mitch McConnell a "feckless leader."

Driving the news: The party's roughly 400-member central committee selected Dave Williams, a former state representative who challenged incumbent GOP congressman in 2022 and lost, as the party's new chair. Williams, an ardent Trump supporter and anti-abortion advocate, won on the third vote at the party's meeting in Loveland after being endorsed by Tina Peters, the indicted former Mesa County election chief. In the first two votes, no candidate reached 50%. He defeated six other candidates, most of whom were election deniers or skeptics.

Why it matters: The vote affirms the state Republican Party's embrace of conspiracy theories about the nation's voting system and will make it harder for GOP candidates to win in a state where voters overwhelmingly rejected Trump-aligned candidates in the 2022 election. Moreover, the chair is the spokesperson for the Republican brand and holds strategic power within the party when it comes to the 2024 presidential nominating contest and selecting poll watchers.

What they're saying: "The party will be led by a MAGA-stolen-election-conspiracist who wants to reject unaffiliated voters from the Republican primary," Dick Wadhams, the former GOP chairman tells Axios Denver. "None of them understand a changing Colorado electorate that rejects Trump."

The big picture: The ascension of Williams, is part of a broader wave of election deniers who are taking over state parties, AP reports. In Michigan, Kristina Karamo, a former community college instructor, won the race for chair of the state GOP chair in February, and in Kansas, conspiracy theorist Mike Brown rose to the party's top post.

Zoom in: In a speech to the party's loyalists, Williams said Republicans can only rebound from its historic losses in Colorado's 2022 election if they go on the offense and stop trying to reach across the aisle. He said the party needs a "wartime leader" and a "fighter, not another timid politician." "Our party doesn't have a brand problem," he said. "Our party has a problem with feckless leaders who are ashamed of you and ashamed of our conservative principles." Williams is known for his showmanship politics. He attempted to make the slogan "Let's Go Brandon," a slur against President Biden, part of his name on the 2022 ballot.

Between the lines: Tina Peters won only 10% of the vote on the first ballot just days after being found guilty of obstruction of justice in a separate charge related to her 2022 indictment for an election security breach.

Of note: Williams fills the role being vacated by Kristi Burton Brown, who decided not to seek another term. Brown had called on Peters to end her campaign for secretary of state after being indicted. Peters refused and finished second in the GOP primary contest.
https://www.axios.com/2023/03/11/dave-w ... ion-denier
Lt Root Beer of the Mighty 699th. Fogbow 💙s titular Mama June in Fogbow's Favourite Show™ Mama June: From Not To Hot! Fogbow's Theme Song™ Edith Massey's "I Got The Evidence!" https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C5jDHZd0JAg
Luke
Location: @orly_licious With Pete Buttigieg and the other "open and defiant homosexuals" --Bryan Fischer AFA

Post by Luke »

Missed this! This is the obstruction charge for Tina, not the indictment for election tampering and official misconduct, that's in October.
Former Colorado county clerk Tina Peters sentenced to home detention and community service in obstruction case
Peters, a prominent 2020 election denier accused of obstructing government operations, had faced up to six months in jail.
Tina Peters avoided jail time for the misdemeanor obstruction conviction.
April 11, 2023, 1:10 PM UTC / Updated April 11, 2023, 2:29 PM UTC
By Summer Concepcion and Associated Press

Former Colorado county clerk Tina Peters, who was indicted last year in a breach of Mesa County’s election system, was sentenced Monday to home detention and community service for a misdemeanor obstruction conviction in a separate case.

Peters was sentenced to four months of home detention and 120 hours of community service with an ankle monitor for her attempts to prevent authorities from seizing an iPad she is alleged to have used to record a video of a court hearing, according to The Associated Press. She was also ordered to pay a $750 fine, NBC affiliate KUSA of Denver reported. "We were happy and relieved that the judge did not grant the district attorney’s request for a jail sentence," Harvey Steinberg, Peters’ attorney, told NBC News. The sentence was put on hold while Peters appeals it, The Daily Sentinel newspaper of Grand Junction reported.

Peters, a supporter of former President Donald Trump who pushed baseless claims of election fraud in the 2020 election, had faced up to six months in jail after she was convicted last month of obstructing government operations. Peters was charged with obstruction after she was briefly detained at a cafe in February last year. Investigators from the district attorney’s office showed up to the cafe with a warrant to seize Peters’ iPad, which she is accused of using for an unauthorized recording of a court hearing for Belinda Knisley, her former subordinate at the Mesa County Clerk and Recorder’s Office. Peters “actively” resisted officers, and she was “placed in handcuffs for obstructing officers,” Grand Junction police alleged in an affidavit.

Separately, Peters, who ran unsuccessfully for Colorado secretary of state last year, was indicted last year on charges of election tampering and official misconduct in connection with a security breach of Mesa County’s voting system. She is accused of having allowed unauthorized people to break into her county’s election system in search of evidence supporting baseless election fraud theories espoused by former President Donald Trump. Peters has denied wrongdoing in that case. A trial is scheduled for October, the AP reported. Following allegations related to the breach, a judge barred Peters from overseeing both the 2021 and last year’s midterm elections in Mesa County, which Trump won handily in 2020.
https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/politi ... -rcna79085

Bonus: Tina is confused about whether Michelle Obama is really a female. That woman has no business anywhere near elections, or anything else, if she's that stupid.

Lt Root Beer of the Mighty 699th. Fogbow 💙s titular Mama June in Fogbow's Favourite Show™ Mama June: From Not To Hot! Fogbow's Theme Song™ Edith Massey's "I Got The Evidence!" https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C5jDHZd0JAg
Luke

Post by Luke »

Where is the first place an election-denier criminal or grifter goes? Why, The Lindell Report of course. Sadly, Brandon doesn't have a lot of time "because there's so much breaking news" :lol: Yeah, because he gives expelled Liz Harris a ton of time to be nutz.

Here's Tina about 18:50 in. She is ANGRY and just FULL OF GRIEVANCE. Example: She says "they" forced her husband with advanced dementia in a nursing home to sign a divorce decree one month before her 36th-year anniversary.

"These are CCP tactics...the CCP is involved, the cartel is involved, the Uniparty Globalists are involved... it's not even the transgenders" :?:

She says because the prosecutor listens to all her insane interviews, "He's stalking me". For her community service, Tina said Mike Flynn said about her 120 hours of community service: "Useful community service would be to train government bureaucrats on how to run free and fair elections". :roll: Unrepentant loser.

SUPER BONUS: Not enough Tina for you? Just found this... she's hosting The Tina Peters Show on Rumble. Catchy tagline: Tina Peters interviews amazing Patriots doing amazing things. (Hate to say it, but I actually like the logo. No way Tina did that, whatever Badlands Media is they've got a decent graphics kid or person.)

THIS was the career path Foggy and all of us were advising Orly Taitz to take but she wouldn't listen. It was heartbreaking when Orly abruptly stopped TAITZ REPORT... it was really building an audience, it was up to 25-30 views at one point. I also tried to submit her without her knowledge for WIFE SWAP but that didn't work out. It might be too late for Orly now unless she can team up with Tina ala Roxy and Velma from CHICAGO. That would be kind of entertaining.

Foggy
Dick Tater
Verified: as seen on qvc zombie apocalypse

Post by Foggy »

"These are CCP tactics...the CCP is involved, the cartel is involved, the Uniparty Globalists are involved... it's not even the transgenders"
:shock:

Whoa. She must be super important to something. Look at all the people trying to mess her up!

1. The Chinese Communist Party, with about a billion spies and huge armies and stuff.

2. The cartel. Well, there used to be at least several different cartels, which were loosely organized by geographic areas, like the Cali cartel in Colombia and a few in México and places. What "the cartel" means to these people is, the massive organization that controls all smuggling of illegal drugs and illegal immigrants into this country, and don't you dare tell me that individual people in Mexico decide to cross the border for better jobs. No, the cartel decides everything, including who gets to go.

And the cartel has guns. Maybe not as many guns as the Chinese Communist Party, but a lot.

3. The Uniparty Globalists. You know what that means - it means Joos. They're secret Joos, if you looked in the phone book you couldn't find the head office or the headquarters of the Uniparty Globalists, because everything they do is so secret it's almost like there isn't even a real organization called the Uniparty Globalists. That's how sneaky they are. And there's about 6 million Joos in this great land of ours, so that's another huge organization trying to GET Tina Peters.

And I didn't even know Joos worked with Chinese Communists. :shock: Their writing is secret, too also.

But anyway, that poor lady has a couple billion people trying to kill her all day.

It's a little bit sad. ;)
🎶 We went for a ride,
We got outside,
The sand was hot,
She wanted to dance ... 🎶
much ado

Post by much ado »

This seems to be new to this thread...

Former Peters aide [Sandra Brown] sentenced to jail time
Fired Elections Manager Sandra Brown was sentenced to serve 30 days in jail and two years of probation Wednesday for the role she played in helping former Mesa County Clerk Tina Peters in her attempts to prove something was amiss with the 2020 presidential and 2021 city elections.

She also is to pay a $2,000 fine and serve 100 hours of community service, which she must do within a year.

In handing down that sentence, District Judge Matthew Barrett reprimanded Brown for failing to uphold her oath of office, saying she placed keeping her job over actually doing it.

Before she was sentenced, Brown’s attorney, Shannon Roy, told Barrett that Brown had to do the things she did because Peters would have fired her.

“It was leadership by fear,” Roy said. “If you didn’t do what Ms. Peters said, you did not have a job the next day.”
Sandra Brown

Regardless, Barrett said Brown had a duty to report what Peters was doing, but failed to do so. Her lack of action contributed to some people losing faith in the nation’s elections, giving Mesa County a black eye worldwide and needlessly costing its taxpayers time and money.

“You were an absolute active participant, and not in a small way,” Barrett said. “It was your choice not to walk away. History is full of people who stood by and took orders. Those types of behaviors lead to the end of countries.”

Brown was fired in December 2021 while Peters and her then deputy, Belinda Knisley, were still under investigation by state and federal law enforcement for allegedly tampering with election equipment.

Brown’s sentence was the result of a deal with prosecutors that left her pleading guilty to one felony count of attempting to influence a public servant and a misdemeanor charge of official misconduct.

Like Knisley, who also entered into a plea agreement with prosecutors for similar charges against her, also calls for Brown to testify against Peters and anyone else who may face charges related to the case.

Initially, Brown also was charged with conspiracy to commit criminal impersonation, a class 6 felony punishable by up to 18 months in jail and a $100,000 fine, but that charge was reduced to the misdemeanor.

Still, Brown could have faced as much as 7½ years in jail and subject to a maximum fine of $600,000. Her jail time could have been higher — to as much as 12 years — if aggravating factors were proven.
She reported to the slammer on Friday the 27th, I believe...

Former Tina Peters ally Sandra Brown jailed
GRAND JUNCTION, Colo. (KKCO) - Sandra Brown, a former Mesa County Elections Manager and ally of embattled former county clerk Tina Peters, began the first day of her 30-day sentence today.

Prosecutors accused Brown of helping Peters make copies of election computer hard drives in 2021, charging her with attempting to influence a public servant and official misconduct. Brown pleaded guilty in November of last year in a bid to cut a plea deal with the prosecution in exchange for a lighter sentence.

“There were things going on that I should have questioned and I didn’t,” Brown told Judge Matthew Barrett.

Brown’s deal would allow her felony conviction to be expunged after two years if she complies with the conditions set by Barrett.

In August of 2022 Peters’ chief deputy, Belinda Knisley, also pleaded guilty under a deal that required her to testify against Peters. Court documents say that Knisely admitted that she knew about and participated in a “scheme with Tina Peters and other identified people to deceive public servants from both the Colorado Secretary of State’s Office and Mesa County.”

State election officials were made aware of the security breach when a photo and video containing confidential voting system passwords were shared to multiple online platforms.
:clap:
Gregg

Post by Gregg »

I certainly hope Tina Peters future fines total more than a measly $2000, didn't she cost the county a few million dollars for equipment that is no longer certified for use in an election because she let a random guy fiddle with it?
Supreme Commander, Imperial Illuminati Air Force
:dog:

You don't have to consent, but I'm gonna tase you anyway.
much ado

Post by much ado »

Gregg wrote: Sat Apr 29, 2023 4:10 pm I certainly hope Tina Peters future fines total more than a measly $2000, didn't she cost the county a few million dollars for equipment that is no longer certified for use in an election because she let a random guy fiddle with it?
I've highlighted passages in the above post that indicate that both Kinsley and Brown have plea agreements with prosecutors that require them to testify against Tina Peters. I think that Peters, as ringleader, will not get off as easy.
much ado

Post by much ado »

The Daily Sentinel: Tina Peters found in contempt of court
Former Mesa County Clerk Tina Peters was held in contempt of court today [May 5, 2023] for being dishonest to a Mesa County judge about recording in his courtroom.

But rather than put Peters in jail, which could have been up to 6 months, the judge assigned to the case fined her $1,500.

The case stemmed from a Feb. 7, 2022, court hearing for her former chief deputy, Belinda Knisley, who at the time was facing burglary and cybercrime charges. At that hearing, Knisley had asked Peters to record the proceedings, she said during testimony at Peters' contempt-of-court hearing today.

District Judge Paul Dunkelman, chief judge of the 5th Judicial District, had been assigned the case after Mesa County district judges recused themselves. They did that after Peters' attorney tried to force District Judge Matthew Barrett to be deposed in the case. He was the judge Peters lied to.

Barrett appealed that attempt to depose him, and the Colorado Supreme Court ruled that he didn't have to.

During the hearing, Dunkelman heard from three witnesses, including Knisley and her sister, Patty Weaver, who also was in the courtroom that February day and saw Peters recording it.

Both said that after Barrett asked Peters if she was recording, when she denied doing so, later admitted to lying, saying "Even Abraham lied to save Sarah," a biblical reference to the Profit Abraham [sic :lol: ].

Peters has 45 days to pay the fine.
Dave from down under

Post by Dave from down under »

Who here believes that $1500 fine will change her behaviour in any way for the better????

Anyone?

Up the back?

Anyone?
Phoenix520
Verified:

Post by Phoenix520 »

:callonme:

NO! But jail time makes martyrs, so :shrug:
Luke

Post by Luke »

If you're looking for the absolutely dumbest account on Twitter, Tina Peters is a contender. https://twitter.com/Tinafor22/with_replies. She also has https://twitter.com/realtinapeters/with_replies

Stew Peters @realstewpeters Apr 12
BREAKING: Malik Obama confirms that Michelle Obama is actually a man.
Readers added context they thought people might want to know
Michelle Obama is not and never has been a man. This has been debunked many times: https://t.co/6oCjjCVY0l
17 Timeless Michelle Obama Throwback Photos from Her Early Years https://t.co/pT2lTwTVeo
Michelle Obama: See photos of her through the years https://t.co/FVlxa1PZlx
Do you find this helpful? Context is written by people who use Twitter, and appears when rated helpful by others. Find out more.
Tina Peters for Colorado Secretary of State @Tinafor22 Apr 12
Replying to @realstewpeters
Is this for real @realstewpeters ? Where does he say he’s a man. My mom’s been saying this for years 🧐

She cries to Tom Fitton she's a "whistleblower".
Tina Marie Peters @realtinapeters May 8
Replying to @TomFitton
I’m a whistleblower facing 7 felonies 5 Misdemeanors in 4 months for exposing selection crimes please help 🇺🇸

And a "#pureblood".

RTH10260

Post by RTH10260 »

re the UA 2102 flight.

The other pilot is trained to handle an airplane alone in an emergency. The First Officer returned to the departure airport when the Captain fell ill.

northland10
Verified: ✅ I'm me.

Post by northland10 »

Apparently, to the conspiracy folks, the only possible medical emergency can be the vax. Before the vax, there were never medical emergencies that affected pilots, ever.

Allegiant flight out of CVG makes emergency landing after pilot has seizure published May 2018
https://www.cincinnati.com/story/news/2 ... 659429002/

Report shows pilot who died in Bonita Springs Plane crash in 2018 could have suffered medical emergency
https://www.naplesnews.com/story/news/l ... 132063002/

Local USAF pilot helps in airline emergency
By Staff Sgt. Jacob Morgan, 21st Space Wing Public Affairs / Published May 28, 2014
https://www.afspc.af.mil/News/Article-D ... emergency/

Yeah, only the vax can be to blame.
101010 :towel:
Slim Cognito
Verified:

Post by Slim Cognito »

Jeez! I didn't realize people never had life threatening emergencies pre-covid
My Crested Yorkie, Gilda and her amazing hair.

ImageImageImage x4
Sam the Centipede

Post by Sam the Centipede »

orlylicious wrote: Sat May 13, 2023 8:55 pm
Stew Peters @realstewpeters Apr 12
BREAKING: Malik Obama confirms that Michelle Obama is actually a man.
:snippity:
Tina Peters for Colorado Secretary of State @Tinafor22 Apr 12
Replying to @realstewpeters
Is this for real @realstewpeters ? Where does he say he’s a man. My mom’s been saying this for years 🧐
I imagine others thought the same as I did:
* What a horrible person Tina Peters is.
* These moldy apples (vile Tina and vile Stew) didn't fall far from the dusease-ridden tree (and, for geneticists: if there are genes "for" stupidity and genes "for" nastiness, they appear to be tightly linked).
* The Obamas were about a hundred years ago, what is it with these racist morons that they still obsess about then?
bob

Post by bob »

Image ImageImage
Luke

Post by Luke »

For Tina...
Luke Johnson 🇺🇸 @Orly_licious 2m
Have you contacted Larry Klayman? @LarryEKlayman has been hugely successful with his Citizens Grand Juries. He indicted Obama, Hillary Clinton & many others. And as you can see, Larry gets RESULTS. Just be careful having him around kids. @estiveo @GreatGrey @t_f_bow @GreggEvans16

much ado

Post by much ado »

Just checking to see what Tina was up to and found this...

Tina Peters sues Merrick Garland, Jena Griswold to halt prosecution over alleged election equipment tampering
Nov 16, 2023

U.S. Attorney General Merrick Garland, Mesa County District Attorney Dan Rubenstein and Colorado Secretary of State Jena Griswold are named in the suit

Former Mesa County Clerk and Recorder Tina Peters, who is slated to go on trial next year over allegations she tampered with the county's election equipment, has filed a lawsuit in federal court to stop the prosecution.

Peters, a Republican, is suing U.S. Attorney General Merrick Garland, Mesa County District Attorney Dan Rubinstein and Colorado Secretary of State Jena Griswold in U.S. District Court for Colorado.

Through her attorney, John Case, Peters claims the United States is conducting criminal and other proceedings against her for the unlawful purpose of retaliation and in violation of her First and 14th Amendment rights. Peters has denied all the allegations against her, claiming the charges are politically motivated.

The lawsuit attempts to halt an ongoing federal investigation and the state prosecution against Peters. It claims the "campaign launched by the State Defendants (Rubinstein and Griswold) against Peters in retaliation for her obedience to the law and her truth-telling concerning the malfeasance she discovered was punctuated by an aggressive campaign to personally disparage and denigrate Peters, falsely accusing her of illegal conduct."

[Article continues...]
Reddog

Post by Reddog »

Thanks, I’ve been wondering about that case too also
RTH10260

Post by RTH10260 »

Peters fires attorneys, gets delay in criminal trial

By CHARLES ASHBY
Feb 7, 2024 Updated 21 hrs ago

Former Mesa County Clerk Tina Peters fired her second set of attorneys Tuesday, and got a delay in her criminal trial that was set to start this week.

In a hastily called review hearing before District Judge Matthew Barrett, Peters filed a new motion to dismiss Denver attorneys Douglas Richards and Madalia Maaliki only days before her eight-day trial was to begin with jury selection on Friday.

Those two attorneys had been hired by Peters last September, a month before she was to go on trial for identity theft, tampering with election equipment and misconduct in office. Those attorneys immediately filed for a delay in the case, saying they needed more time to prepare.

As a result, Barrett rescheduled the trial to this month, the second time it was delayed. Each time her trial has been delayed, Peters has waived her rights to a speedy trial.

Initially, her trial was to be last March, but her then attorneys asked for a delay because they still were awaiting evidence from federal authorities.

Her new trial is set to start July 31.

Peters’ new attorney is Michael Edminister, a criminal defense lawyer from Carbondale.

https://www.gjsentinel.com/news/western ... b4ae9.html
keith
Occupation: Retired Computer Systems Analyst Project Manager Super Coder
Verified: ✅lunatic

Post by keith »

She's hoping to delay it until after NEXT February, when her saviour will be in the White House and will rescue her from her persecutors.
Has everybody heard about the bird?

Return to “"Forensic Audits" of State Elections 2020”