Religious Threadjacks

Rolodex

Religious Threadjacks

Post by Rolodex »

The outrage on twitter has been both "Biden insults Christians by proclaiming Easter the International Transgender Day of Visibility" AND that he banned religious symbols on WH Easter eggs. Of course neither is true (not sure Biden can do "international" anything, plus the day of 3/31 was set 10 or so years ago) and the Egg Council which sponsors the WH egg roll makes the art rules about the eggs.

While waiting to process in at church this morning, someone standing near me brought up Biden not allowing religous symbols. I said, you have to go past the headlines - explained about the Egg council making the rules like they have for the past 45 years. I hope at least a few others around heard that. I know they probably heard it on Fox but I didn't want to go there.
Do the right thing. It will gratify some people and astonish the rest. - Mark Twain
Suranis

Religious Threadjacks

Post by Suranis »

Of course it falls to me to go the extra mile...

https://nationaltoday.com/march-31-holidays/

It's National Bunsen Burner Day!

It's World Backup day! Backup your computer!

Its Eiffel Tower day!

It's Hug a Medievalist day!

It's National Baked Ham with Pineapple Day!

Etc etc. There's quite a few things on the list. I'm surprised they didn't leap on the fact that the dirty Catholics etc, with their filthy Astronomical Mathematics, put Easter on Ceser Chavez day. The bastards.
Hic sunt dracones
RTH10260
Verified: ✔️ Eurobot

Religious Threadjacks

Post by RTH10260 »

I am ready to starr the next religious war - the Pizza Wth Pineapple Day ;)

for the Voodoo obsessed - the PinApples Day 8-)
Uninformed

Religious Threadjacks

Post by Uninformed »

“Trump, Biden clash over Transgender Day of Visibility falling on Easter”:
https://www.aljazeera.com/news/2024/3/3 ... -on-easter

“We call on Joe Biden’s failing campaign and White House to issue an apology to the millions of Catholics and Christians across America who believe tomorrow is for one celebration only – the resurrection of Jesus Christ,” Trump campaign spokeswoman Karoline Leavitt said.

Don’t know if the quote is accurate, but thought Suranis might like it. :confuzzled:
If you can't lie to yourself, who can you lie to?
Suranis

Religious Threadjacks

Post by Suranis »

Does that mean I have to go against Baked Ham with Pineapple? :cry:
Hic sunt dracones
Rolodex

Religious Threadjacks

Post by Rolodex »

"Catholics and Christians.."

Um...
Do the right thing. It will gratify some people and astonish the rest. - Mark Twain
Suranis

Religious Threadjacks

Post by Suranis »

Rolodex wrote: Mon Apr 01, 2024 9:59 am "Catholics and Christians.."

Um...
Ya, we get it from all sides. It's like being squeezed between the Ass Cheeks. Very comfy. :twisted:
Hic sunt dracones
Uninformed

Religious Threadjacks

Post by Uninformed »

“Oldest Christian book goes on sale”:
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-middle-east-68734783

“Christianity's oldest religious book, according to auction house Christie's, is going on sale in June.
The Crosby-Schøyen Codex, written in Coptic script on papyrus in Egypt, dates to between 250-350AD.
It is also thought to be one of the oldest books in existence and could sell for up to $3.8m (£3m).
The liturgical book was produced in one of the first Christian monasteries and contains the complete texts of two Bible books.”
If you can't lie to yourself, who can you lie to?
raison de arizona
Verified: ✔️ he/him/his

Religious Threadjacks

Post by raison de arizona »

Suranis wrote: Mon Apr 01, 2024 10:03 pm
Rolodex wrote: Mon Apr 01, 2024 9:59 am "Catholics and Christians.."

Um...
Ya, we get it from all sides. It's like being squeezed between the Ass Cheeks. Very comfy. :twisted:
I don't know about squeezing yer ass cheeks, but when my Southern Baptist ex-neighbor found out we were Catholic, we got a raft of brochures explaining to us that we were worshipping Mary and not God and that we weren't really Christians. She must have ordered them special for us, she really wanted to "save" us from eternal damnation. It was vaguely amusing, but also invasive and downright offensive. Iffn' ya ask me.
“Remember, democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet that did not commit suicide.” —John Adams
zekeb
Occupation: Stable genius. One who tosses horseshit with a pitchfork and never misses the spreader.
Verified: ✅Of course

Religious Threadjacks

Post by zekeb »

The Nicene Creeds, written by Catholics (both Roman and Eastern) is the foundation of almost every Christian religion. You'll always find some who know nothing about the history of religions.
Largo al factotum.
Tiredretiredlawyer
Verified: ✅🐴🐎🦄🌻5000 posts and counting

Religious Threadjacks

Post by Tiredretiredlawyer »

RTH10260 wrote: Sun Mar 31, 2024 6:10 pm I am ready to starr the next religious war - the Pizza Wth Pineapple Day ;)

for the Voodoo obsessed - the PinApples Day 8-)
:rotflmao: Where do I sign up?
"Mickey Mouse and I grew up together." - Ruthie Tompson, Disney animation checker and scene planner and one of the first women to become a member of the International Photographers Union in 1952.
Tiredretiredlawyer

Religious Threadjacks

Suranis wrote: Mon Apr 01, 2024 7:53 am Does that mean I have to go against Baked Ham with Pineapple? :cry:
Not at all. Just don’t wrap the leftovers in aluminum foil (according to my Catholic Choir Director mom).
"Mickey Mouse and I grew up together." - Ruthie Tompson, Disney animation checker and scene planner and one of the first women to become a member of the International Photographers Union in 1952.
Tiredretiredlawyer

Religious Threadjacks

Being a Catholic in college saved me from all the door knockers like Campus Crusaders for Christ. Just say you were Catholic and they scurried away like vampires shown the crucifix.
Suranis

Religious Threadjacks

Post by Suranis »

Uh... Did you know the Best Friends Animal Society :bighug: started as the PROCESS CHURCH OF THE FINAL JUDGEMENT? :eek: :evil:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Process_C ... l_Judgment
Hic sunt dracones
RTH10260
Verified: ✔️ Eurobot

Religious Threadjacks

Post by RTH10260 »

Suranis

Religious Threadjacks

Post by Suranis »

That read kinda funny to me, as over here "the Provos" is a slang term for the Provisional IRA. I was expecting to see ceremonial uses of Semtex Explosive. :twisted:
Hic sunt dracones

Return to “Religion and Politics”