TESLA and Elon Musk - anything not elsewhere

Frater I*I
Verified: ✅Verified Devilish Hyena

Post by Frater I*I »

Gregg wrote: Fri Dec 30, 2022 5:25 pm :snippity:
By firing the Air Traffic Controllers...
Just like Saint Reagan....
"He sewed his eyes shut because he is afraid to see, He tries to tell me what I put inside of me
He's got the answers to ease my curiosity, He dreamed a god up and called it Christianity"

Trent Reznor
Sam the Centipede

Post by Sam the Centipede »

Gregg wrote: Sat Dec 31, 2022 12:48 pm As our celebrity pilot for tonight's flight, give it up for Sir Isaac Newtown! :rotflmao:
And, for those who wish to live to take another flight, also thank Daniel Bernoulli for the landing being survivable! :biggrin:
raison de arizona
Verified: ✔️ he/him/his

Post by raison de arizona »

Cybertruck footage.
“Remember, democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet that did not commit suicide.” —John Adams
RTH10260
Verified: ✔️ Eurobot

Post by RTH10260 »

Can I have my truck loader dump some slime over that nasty piece of metal sheet plastic? :twisted:
Shizzle Popped
Verified:

Post by Shizzle Popped »

"Help, my refrigerator fell over."

All I see is massive blind spots front and back, and a slab-sided body that will show every ding and dimple while resisting the most determined attempts to repair it.
"Let us tenderly and kindly cherish, therefore, the means of knowledge. Let us dare to read, think, speak, and write."
John Adams
Azastan
Verified:

Post by Azastan »

Guys buy 'trucks' because they want to be bigger than the other guy. That's why there are massive big pickups out there with 5 foot beds and 22 inch rims with big knobby tires. You can't use that vehicle for farm chores because bales of hay won't fit, but suburbanites love them.

Who is going to buy this?
RTH10260

Post by RTH10260 »

Who will buy this? The US Army as Hummer replacement, then retrofit to a protect their soldiers :twisted:
raison de arizona

I personally know two people on the waiting list for Cybertrucks. :shrug: No accounting for taste.
“Remember, democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet that did not commit suicide.” —John Adams
Shizzle Popped
Verified:

Post by Shizzle Popped »

Liberal techie city dwellers who think it would be cool to own a Tesla truck? Oops. Maybe it wasn't such a good idea to alienate your core market.
"Let us tenderly and kindly cherish, therefore, the means of knowledge. Let us dare to read, think, speak, and write."
John Adams
pipistrelle

Post by pipistrelle »

Azastan wrote: Mon Jan 02, 2023 10:32 am Guys buy 'trucks' because they want to be bigger than the other guy. That's why there are massive big pickups out there with 5 foot beds and 22 inch rims with big knobby tires. You can't use that vehicle for farm chores because bales of hay won't fit, but suburbanites love them.

And contractors buy trucks that are practical and affordable because they're going to work them into the ground.
Gregg

Post by Gregg »

Azastan wrote: Mon Jan 02, 2023 10:32 am Guys buy 'trucks' because they want to be bigger than the other guy. That's why there are massive big pickups out there with 5 foot beds and 22 inch rims with big knobby tires. You can't use that vehicle for farm chores because bales of hay won't fit, but suburbanites love them.

People who are sorry they missed the Pontiac Aztec.

Supreme Commander, Imperial Illuminati Air Force
:dog:

You don't have to consent, but I'm gonna tase you anyway.
Azastan
Verified:

Post by Azastan »

Gregg wrote: Mon Jan 02, 2023 2:51 pm

People who are sorry they missed the Pontiac Aztec.

Musk hasn't taken into account that a lot of real men 'Muricans who buy pickups do so because they want to TOWER over cars. Gimme those 33 inch tires and a side rail so I can get into ma truck.

That Azteca doesn't look any better now than it did when it came out, even if it had all the parts back on it.
raison de arizona

Azastan wrote: Mon Jan 02, 2023 6:16 pm Musk hasn't taken into account that a lot of real men 'Muricans who buy pickups do so because they want to TOWER over cars. Gimme those 33 inch tires and a side rail so I can get into ma truck.

That Azteca doesn't look any better now than it did when it came out, even if it had all the parts back on it.
Cybertruck supposedly comes with 35 inch tires stock.
Suranis

Post by Suranis »

Can you name the truck with four wheel drive
Smells like a steak and seats thirty-five

Canyonero! Canyonero!

Well, it goes real slow with the hammer down
It's the country-fried truck endorsed by a clown!

Canyonero! (Yah!) Canyonero!
[Krusty:] Hey hey!
The Federal Highway comission has ruled the
Canyonero unsafe for highway or city driving

Canyonero!

12 yards long, 2 lanes wide
65 tons of American Pride!

Canyonero! Canyonero!

Top of the line in utility sports
Unexplained fires are a matter for the courts!

Canyonero! Canyonero! (Yah!)

She blinds everybody with her super high beams
She's a squirrel crushing, deer smacking, driving machine!

Canyonero!-oh woah, Canyonero! (Yah!)

Drive Canyonero!

Woah Canyonero!
Woah!
Hic sunt dracones
Azastan
Verified:

Post by Azastan »

raison de arizona wrote: Mon Jan 02, 2023 6:19 pm

Cybertruck supposedly comes with 35 inch tires stock.
Can you go muddin' in it, though?

What's the point of 35 inch tires if you can't intimidate people?
raison de arizona

Tesla on autopilot leads police on chase before driver finally wakes up

BAMBERG, Germany - A driver in Germany had his license taken away after he appeared to have fallen asleep behind the wheel of his Tesla which was on autopilot and lead police on a chase.

On Dec. 29 at about 12 p.m. local time, police spotted a Tesla driving down Autobahn 70 leaving Bamberg, Germany, and heading toward Bayreuth, according to a news release from Bavarian police.

Officers attempted to stop the Tesla, but the vehicle did not pull over. The car was traveling at about 70 miles per hour and did not slow down or speed up during the attempted traffic stop, officials noticed.

The Tesla "kept the same distance from the patrol car in front" as they traveled down the autobahn, police said.

Officers pulled up next to the Tesla’s driver’s side window and noticed the driver, only identified as a 45-year-old male, reclined in his seat with his eyes closed and his hands off the steering wheel.
:snippity:
https://www.fox10phoenix.com/news/tesla ... y-wakes-up
RTH10260

Post by RTH10260 »

It's not the stock that plunged here
Tesla Plunges 250 Feet Over Notorious Stretch of Highway 1 in Calif., 4 in Critical Condition

Charmaine Patterson
Tue, January 3, 2023 at 1:48 AM GMT+1

Four people, including two children, are in critical condition after a Tesla they were fell 250 feet over a cliff known as the Devil's Slide in California.

On Monday, a fire official shared a video from the Cal Fire San Mateo - Santa Cruz unit's Twitter profile, letting local drivers know that a car went over the cliff and there would be delays in the area.

"At this point we've got four critical patients," he said in the footage from the scene, adding that a Tesla fell "over the side about 250 feet down."

Two of the people in the vehicle were minors, he continued.

https://www.yahoo.com/entertainment/tes ... 34846.html
MN-Skeptic

Post by MN-Skeptic »

I just find this amazing. And it warms my heart.
20230103 Tesla Stock.jpg
20230103 Tesla Stock.jpg (32.43 KiB) Viewed 556 times
RTH10260

Post by RTH10260 »

a review of the recent months
Slumping revenue, Tesla woes and a ‘resignation’: Musk’s wild reign at Twitter so far

Dan Milmo Global technology editor
Sun 1 Jan 2023 09.00 GMT

When Elon Musk walked into Twitter’s offices on 26 October carrying a sink, one day before he bought the platform for $44bn (£38bn), it was the first sign that the tale of his ownership would not be a conventional one. “Let that sink in!” he tweeted. For everyone swept up in what followed – from thousands of Twitter employees to advertisers and critical journalists – it certainly has now.

Musk’s reign since has proved unpredictable and controversial, with the Tesla CEO losing the title of the world’s richest man in the process. Here are some of the standout moments from those eventful past 10 weeks:

https://www.theguardian.com/technology/ ... -investors
Suranis

Post by Suranis »

elon01.jpg
elon01.jpg (87.07 KiB) Viewed 512 times
Aside from the subject, this is some decent comic style art.
Hic sunt dracones
Shizzle Popped
Verified:

Post by Shizzle Popped »

:rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:
John Adams
Dave from down under

Post by Dave from down under »

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2023-01-04/ ... /101825198

South Korea's antitrust regulator says it will impose a 2.85 billion won ($3.28 million) fine on Tesla for failing to tell its customers about the shorter driving range of its electric vehicles (EVs) in low temperatures.

Key points:
The driving range of most EVs drop by up to 40 per cent in cold temperatures
Tesla's suffer even more, plunging by up to 50.5 per cent
A Korean antitrust regulator says Tesla exaggerated the driving ranges of its cars on a local website

The Korea Fair Trade Commission (KFTC) said that Tesla had exaggerated the "driving ranges of its cars on a single charge, their fuel cost-effectiveness compared to gasoline vehicles as well as the performance of its Superchargers" on its official local website since August 2019 until recently.

The driving range of the US EV manufacturer's cars plunge in cold weather by up to 50.5 per cent versus how they are advertised online, the KFTC said in a statement on Tuesday.
Foggy
Dick Tater
Verified: as seen on qvc zombie apocalypse

Post by Foggy »

I suspect Elon will now purchase South Korea, and teach 'em a thing or three.
:smoking:
🎶 We went for a ride,
We got outside,
The sand was hot,
She wanted to dance ... 🎶
Gregg

Post by Gregg »

Foggy wrote: Wed Jan 04, 2023 8:45 am I suspect Elon will now purchase South Korea, and teach 'em a thing or three.
:smoking:
Right now Elmo can't afford to buy Korea a dog sandwich.
Supreme Commander, Imperial Illuminati Air Force
:dog:

You don't have to consent, but I'm gonna tase you anyway.
humblescribe
Verified:

Post by humblescribe »

Dave from down under wrote: Tue Jan 03, 2023 10:11 pm https://www.abc.net.au/news/2023-01-04/ ... /101825198

South Korea's antitrust regulator says it will impose a 2.85 billion won ($3.28 million) fine on Tesla for failing to tell its customers about the shorter driving range of its electric vehicles (EVs) in low temperatures.

Key points:
The driving range of most EVs drop by up to 40 per cent in cold temperatures
Tesla's suffer even more, plunging by up to 50.5 per cent
A Korean antitrust regulator says Tesla exaggerated the driving ranges of its cars on a local website

The Korea Fair Trade Commission (KFTC) said that Tesla had exaggerated the "driving ranges of its cars on a single charge, their fuel cost-effectiveness compared to gasoline vehicles as well as the performance of its Superchargers" on its official local website since August 2019 until recently.

The driving range of the US EV manufacturer's cars plunge in cold weather by up to 50.5 per cent versus how they are advertised online, the KFTC said in a statement on Tuesday.
From personal experience, and not to refute what the article says. I haven't driven thousands of miles in freezing or sub-freezing conditions but many people I know have. But I've been in a snowstorm in Wyoming and driven through Montana in 25-degree weather. ICE refers to internal combustion engines.

Cold weather does affect electric vehicle range. It can affect range dramatically. No question.

The biggest culprit is heating the cab. Most Teslas use resistive heating (sorta like an electric cooktop). That heat draws about 4-5 kW from the battery. Two hours of driving can zap 10 kWh from the battery, or about 15%. Then, cold weather is a lot more dense than warm weather. That takes more energy to plow through the denser air. Next up is friction from wet or snowy roads or from driving in rainy or snowy conditions. I do not have my PhD in physics, but a SWAG is that winter driving conditions could chew another 4 kW or more. So, yeah, over a 2-3 hour period I could see an easy 30% drop in range.

For short daily driving of 20-30 miles, the battery does not warm up enough so the range suffers even more.

But ICE also suffer in cold weather. Air density affects their MPG. Road friction affects their MPG. Rain and snow affect their MPG. The difference is that these conditions are not magnified as much as with electric vehicles. And gas stations are ubiquitous. The biggest advantage to ICE is that while only one-third of the available energy in gasoline is actually used to propel the vehicle, the vast majority of the energy stored in gasoline is wasted as heat. That waste heat can be directed into the cab and used to warm the occupants without impacting the MPG.

Using the hemorrhoid heaters embedded in the seats and wearing gloves and a warm jacket can usually be enough to avoid using the resistive heater in electric vehicles under all but the most frigid conditions.

But Tesla has always taken an aggressive and disingenuous approach to their claims, so I am not surprised.
"Some cause happiness wherever they go; others whenever they go." O. Wilde

Return to “Whatever Doesn't Fit Elsewhere”