Spring forward.
To delete this message, click the X at top right.

TESLA and Elon Musk - anything not elsewhere

RVInit

Post by RVInit »

Interesting.

There's a lot of things that need to change. One specifically? Police brutality.
--Colin Kaepernick
RVInit

Post by RVInit »

This is an interesting read.

There's a lot of things that need to change. One specifically? Police brutality.
--Colin Kaepernick
bill_g
Verified: ✅ Checked Republic ✓ ᵛᵉʳᶦᶠᶦᵉᵈ

Post by bill_g »

From RV's Twitter thread link above. The comments are great.

Gregg

Post by Gregg »

RVInit wrote: Sun Nov 27, 2022 7:25 am Interesting.

I've been saying this for years. Also, they sold most of those credits to GM and Selantis, both companies that are beginning to build lots of EVs and don't need to buy them anymore. In their fist 15 years all their profit was these credits. They do at least make money selling cars now.
Supreme Commander, Imperial Illuminati Air Force
:dog:

You don't have to consent, but I'm gonna tase you anyway.
raison de arizona
Verified: ✔️ he/him/his

Post by raison de arizona »

Twitter has added this to the thread:
8419598B-C6A1-4364-8D75-B5A5EF55430F.png
8419598B-C6A1-4364-8D75-B5A5EF55430F.png (177 KiB) Viewed 1345 times
“Remember, democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet that did not commit suicide.” —John Adams
Suranis

Post by Suranis »

raison de arizona wrote: Sun Nov 27, 2022 12:09 pm Twitter has added this to the thread:

Ya, well, lets analyze that. (nyuk nyuk He said "Anal Eyes")

The first 3 are talking about total REVENUE over a year. That's the money taken in before costs etc are taken out. So not Profits, which the guy was talking about.

The third like is talking about PROFITS, in a part of a year - Quarter 3.

So, it's talking about 2 differnt things.

If you put that proportion of Carbon Credits to PROFITS 2020, 21 and 22 it would be vastly higher.

They could have sold zillions of credits in Q1 and Q2 and it would not show it. So its a good chance Elon frontloaded the credit sales into the first half of the year.

So this is a prime example of lying by telling the truth.
Hic sunt dracones
sugar magnolia

Post by sugar magnolia »

https://www.washingtonpost.com/technolo ... O9-ACGfLHM
People recently driving around in Austin might have seen Elon Musk.

But not the real person. Instead, they may have seen a sculpture of Musk’s head atop the body of a goat riding a rocket, all attached to a trailer.

Complete with what appear to be flames that shoot from the rocket, the statue was commissioned by the cryptocurrency company Elon GOAT Token. The company was delivering it to Tesla’s Gigafactory in Austin on Saturday, during what it dubbed “Goatsgiving.” The Elon GOAT Token ($EGT) sculpture was created to honor Musk’s “many accomplishments and commitment to Cryptocurrency,” the company said on its website. Musk is the owner of electric car manufacturer Tesla.

Over the past year, $EGT hasn’t seen much growth, according to data from tracker CoinMarketCap, but its founders hoped the Musk statue would inspire the entrepreneur to tweet about the company and bring new exposure to the token.
Clicking the link is worth it just to see the Elon/goat/rocket statue.
neonzx
Verified: 🤩✅✅✅✅✅🤩

Post by neonzx »

sugar magnolia wrote: Sun Nov 27, 2022 1:21 pm https://www.washingtonpost.com/technolo ... O9-ACGfLHM
WAPost paywall.

Here are pics from elsewhere though. :lol:

Suranis

Post by Suranis »

How much did they spend in the hope that it would casue Elon to tweet about their pump and dump scheme?
Hic sunt dracones
Chilidog

Post by Chilidog »

neonzx wrote: Sun Nov 27, 2022 1:25 pm
sugar magnolia wrote: Sun Nov 27, 2022 1:21 pm https://www.washingtonpost.com/technolo ... O9-ACGfLHM
WAPost paywall.

Here are pics from elsewhere though. :lol:

Could they get anymore phallic?
neonzx
Verified: 🤩✅✅✅✅✅🤩

Post by neonzx »

Chilidog wrote: Sun Nov 27, 2022 2:32 pm Could they get anymore phallic?
I'm not sure what they were going for here. It doesn't look like a goat -- it looks like modeled after one of Gregg's dogs with Elon's head stitched on. And he's humping a rocket.

:shrug:
Suranis

Post by Suranis »

I think its horrific. How this equals Greatest Of All TIme...

It probably means something to Crypto-bros as they have their own language at this stage. But what that meaning is I have no idea.
Hic sunt dracones
Slim Cognito
Verified:

Post by Slim Cognito »

That's got to be the ugliest sculpture I've ever seen, and that includes scary Lucy and whomever the eff that horrific confederate scum on horseback was.
Pup Dennis in training to be a guide dog & given to a deserving vet. Thx! ImageImageImage x4
Frater I*I
Verified: ✅Verified Devilish Hyena

Post by Frater I*I »

Slim Cognito wrote: Sun Nov 27, 2022 5:25 pm That's got to be the ugliest sculpture I've ever seen, and that includes scary Lucy and whomever the eff that horrific confederate scum on horseback was.
Nathan Bedford Forrest, first Grand Wizard of the Klan....
"He sewed his eyes shut because he is afraid to see, He tries to tell me what I put inside of me
He's got the answers to ease my curiosity, He dreamed a god up and called it Christianity"

Trent Reznor
Azastan
Verified:

Post by Azastan »

neonzx wrote: Sun Nov 27, 2022 3:10 pm
I'm not sure what they were going for here. It doesn't look like a goat -- it looks like modeled after one of Gregg's dogs with Elon's head stitched on. And he's humping a rocket.
It doesn't look like a goat because one of the distinguishing characteristics of goats is that their tails flip UP, not down.

What you've got there is a sheep.

But whatever you label it, it's bizarre. Musk probably thinks it is a great compliment though.
Phoenix520
Verified:

Post by Phoenix520 »

:rotflmao:
Attention to detail is not their strong suit. Unless they’re slyly trying to paint him as a sheep, which might be funnier.
Azastan
Verified:

Post by Azastan »

Phoenix520 wrote: Sun Nov 27, 2022 7:09 pm
Attention to detail is not their strong suit. Unless they’re slyly trying to paint him as a sheep, which might be funnier.
I would also like to know why there's a pony on the float. Look at the front of the float, bottom photo. There's also a human behind the pony.
Slim Cognito
Verified:

Post by Slim Cognito »

I'd like to think the artist is trolling him.
Pup Dennis in training to be a guide dog & given to a deserving vet. Thx! ImageImageImage x4
Dave from down under

Post by Dave from down under »

Azastan wrote: Sun Nov 27, 2022 8:13 pm
I would also like to know why there's a pony on the float. Look at the front of the float, bottom photo. There's also a human behind the pony.
I saw it as a dog.. hopefully a sheep dog trying to get the rocket riding Elon ram to behave..
Greatgrey
Verified: 💲8️⃣

Post by Greatgrey »

Azastan wrote: Sun Nov 27, 2022 6:19 pm
neonzx wrote: Sun Nov 27, 2022 3:10 pm
It doesn't look like a goat because one of the distinguishing characteristics of goats is that their tails flip UP, not down.

But whatever you label it, it's bizarre. Musk probably thinks it is a great compliment though.
Stealing that.
What's the Frequency, Kenneth?
Tiredretiredlawyer
Verified: ✅🐴🐎🦄🌻5000 posts and counting

Post by Tiredretiredlawyer »

It looks like something from "The Dune" novels.
"Mickey Mouse and I grew up together." - Ruthie Tompson, Disney animation checker and scene planner and one of the first women to become a member of the International Photographers Union in 1952.
Gregg

Post by Gregg »

Azastan wrote: Sun Nov 27, 2022 8:13 pm
It's a dog, from DOGE Coin, another pump and dump scam that became a big thing when he tweeted about it.

DOGE was created originally as a joke, making fun of all the very serious crypto projects, and well, things got out of hand. I don't know know how much the guy who created it still has or how much money he made, but he very much was snarking on them until it took off and then Elmo had to open his big mouth.

The future of money....
Supreme Commander, Imperial Illuminati Air Force
:dog:

You don't have to consent, but I'm gonna tase you anyway.
Azastan
Verified:

Post by Azastan »

Gregg wrote: Mon Nov 28, 2022 6:48 pm

It's a dog, from DOGE Coin, another pump and dump scam that became a big thing when he tweeted about it.

That makes more sense than a pony, but now it sounds as if the float is meant to be a jab at him since he's riding a sheep and has a dog on the float.

Or perhaps whoever came up with the float just didn't pay much attention to details.
tek

Post by tek »

Azastan wrote: Mon Nov 28, 2022 8:45 pmOr perhaps whoever came up with the float just didn't pay much attention to details.
That would be on point for anything involving Musk.
Suranis

Post by Suranis »

Snopes published an article on the Elon Musk - Emeral min collection, and I posted a response on facebook

https://www.snopes.com/news/2022/11/17/ ... 1669754905
What We Know About Elon Musk and the Emerald Mine Rumor
A story about Musk's father once owning an emerald mine evolved into a larger rumor that had no evidence to support its central claim.
My response for proterity
Ok I read the article and there's a couple of things that jumped out at me.

Musk repeatedly says "I didn't own an emerald mine." I repeat "I Didn't" That's not a denial that his father did, and it was giving a different answer than the actual question asked. That shows that he is sensitive to it and he is trying to ringfence himself from the fact his family was pretty well off.

Another thing is that he did receive money from his father. He tries to confuse it it by saying it was 10% of a $200,000 investment" i.e. $20,000. Again he is trying to ringfense himself from his rather. He could have just said his company got $20,000 from his Father, but he throws smoke in your face to confuse you about it.

And even with that he said the company would have succeeded without the investment, which I'm going to just call bullshit on, note that again he is ringfencing himself from it, and move on.

Most people would regard turning $20000 from your family into billions as an achievement, but he handwaves it to keep the "I was a self made man" bullshit going.

Finally, regardless of whether he got money from the mine, he had connections from his family that he used to build his wealth. The article talks about how his brother had a handshake agreement with the owner of another Emerald Mine to receive millions in dollars worth of uncut emeralds that he sold. So he had an "in" to people in business and would have been able to access money and sales opportunities for his company that I certainly could not.

So, regardless of whether he got a penny from the mine, he had advantages from his fathers connections and business dealing that another South African stepping off the boat simply would not.

I thinks that's about as fair an assessment as you are going to get. I think its very important to Elon Musk and his followers to keep this myth of a "self made billionare" going. But its not really true. He had advantages, he had access to people, he had access to money, and he used those advantages and access effectively.
Hic sunt dracones

Return to “Whatever Doesn't Fit Elsewhere”