Spring forward.
To delete this message, click the X at top right.

Pete Buttigieg - Peter Paul Montgomery Buttigieg - Jan 19, 1982 - Mayor & Transportation Secretary

Let's get back to normalcy. Does normalcy fit into your schedule?
AndyinPA
Verified:

Re: Pete Buttigieg - Peter Paul Montgomery Buttigieg - Jan 19, 1982 - Mayor & Transportation Secretary

Post by AndyinPA »

:thumbsup: :bighug:
"Choose your leaders with wisdom and forethought. To be led by a coward is to be controlled by all that the coward fears… To be led by a liar is to ask to be told lies." -Octavia E. Butler
raison de arizona
Verified: ✔️ he/him/his

Re: Pete Buttigieg - Peter Paul Montgomery Buttigieg - Jan 19, 1982 - Mayor & Transportation Secretary

Post by raison de arizona »

“Remember, democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet that did not commit suicide.” —John Adams
Uninformed

Post by Uninformed »

:thumbsup:
If you can't lie to yourself, who can you lie to?
raison de arizona

Every time he opens his mouth.
flexghost. @flexghost1 wrote: “There is a more superficial political pattern that I think has driven some of the politics of the behavior of people like, people in Florida, the Don’t Say Gay bill. And that is: when all you have is a hammer, everything starts to look like a culture war.”
- Pete Buttigieg
“Remember, democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet that did not commit suicide.” —John Adams
Slim Cognito
Verified:

Post by Slim Cognito »

I love this guy, but back up to the abortion clip - My son's girlfriend's sister was pregnant with twins! They were so excited but about 7 months in, they found one twin had a condition that she could not survive after birth (they were fraternal). They agonized over what could be done to keep the other twin from being contaminated(? not sure that's the right word, don't know the medical anomaly) but everything was on the table to make the correct decision. Tragically, before anything could be done, the abnormal twin passed, taking the healthy twin with it and they were monitoring her very carefully. As soon as she realized the babies weren't moving, she rushed to the ER, but it was too late.

But my point is, in this situation, the last thing this grieving family, or the next one, needs is somebody telling her she has to lose both babies because she's in her 7th month and god's will, yada yada yada.... I know it wouldn't have changed her outcome, but it could change the next family's.
Pup Dennis in training to be a guide dog & given to a deserving vet. Thx! ImageImageImage x4
raison de arizona

Danraft

Post by Danraft »

I will go on the record and say it again.
The Biden-Harris ticket is unwinnable.
To me, there is no one more able to disarm every single GOP talking point in a common sense manner than Pete.
I think he could win. And, it is past time for a young president. Breaking the record again and again with the oldest president is nonsense.
Ben-Prime
Verified: ✅MamaSaysI'mBonaFide

Post by Ben-Prime »

But the sunshine aye shall light the sky,
As round and round we run;
And the truth shall ever come uppermost,
And justice shall be done.

- Charles Mackay, "Eternal Justice"
raison de arizona

Dunno how he got through this so professionally, without adding, "you moron."
ChattJazz 🇺🇦 ☮️ 🌻 @ChattJazz wrote: .@glennkirschner2 .@B52Malmet .@CheriJacobus .@playtwo Here is the video of DOT Secretary Pete Buttigieg embarrassing Fox host Brett Baier when he tried a gotcha question asking why Tesla was not invited to the WH for a meeting on tailpipe emissions? Owned!
Danraft

Post by Danraft »

I don’t know why this administration does not interact with social media more, but this response should have been put out before the narrative got further set that Musk not embraced in any manner by this administration.
Musk is playing stupid games, but not responding seems to allow him to set a false narrative. I could be wrong.
Ben-Prime

Post by Ben-Prime »

Danraft wrote: Mon Jun 20, 2022 6:55 pm I don’t know why this administration does not interact with social media more, but this response should have been put out before the narrative got further set that Musk not embraced in any manner by this administration.
Musk is playing stupid games, but not responding seems to allow him to set a false narrative. I could be wrong.
Narrator: "Danraft wasn't wrong."

raison de arizona

As soon as I saw a new post here, I knew it would be this clip. Love him!
Ben-Prime

Post by Ben-Prime »

Dr. Ken wrote: Sun Jul 10, 2022 11:55 am
If ever there was a reason to use the cliche "Boom goes the dynamite" since the first day it was uttered, it was this 2 minute or so exchange.

I get that too many members of the D-voting public thing Buttigieg is not left enough; he's too centrist, too moderate. For my money, though, he's the tip-of-the-spear right now for that side of the aisle and he needs to be unleashed more often to lead these conversations, and the fear of upstaging Biden or Harris or anybody else be damned.

pipistrelle

Post by pipistrelle »

He's reasonable and his arguments are inarguable.
pipistrelle

Post by pipistrelle »

I'd have been tempted to say at least my spouse didn't participate in J6 unless a certain SCOTUS justice's. ;)
Dr. Ken

Post by Dr. Ken »

Ben-Prime wrote: Sun Jul 10, 2022 12:13 pm
If ever there was a reason to use the cliche "Boom goes the dynamite" since the first day it was uttered, it was this 2 minute or so exchange.

I get that too many members of the D-voting public thing Buttigieg is not left enough; he's too centrist, too moderate. For my money, though, he's the tip-of-the-spear right now for that side of the aisle and he needs to be unleashed more often to lead these conversations, and the fear of upstaging Biden or Harris or anybody else be damned.
People on the left also thought Obama was too centrist. I think if anything Pete energizes the base and gets them out to vote. He's young, intelligent, well-spoken and the antithesis to the current gop
ImageImagePhilly Boondoggle
pipistrelle

Post by pipistrelle »

Dr. Ken wrote: Sun Jul 10, 2022 12:36 pm

People on the left also thought Obama was too centrist. I think if anything Pete energizes the base and gets them out to vote. He's young, intelligent, well-spoken and the antithesis to the current gop
And positive vs. the exhausting negativity.
Ben-Prime

Post by Ben-Prime »

I concur with both of the above statements, of course. Having been a registered Libertarian from 1990 until 2020, I gave up on that to remain small 'l' libertarian, leaning to the left side of the spectrum, and still consider Buttigieg a better choice than anyone I see lined up on the R side right now.

SuzieC
Verified:

Post by SuzieC »

BOOM! I totally agree. Pete is the best, and should be sent out to the Sunday shows every Sunday. I love how he just kept talking over the Fox NewsBot until he was finished. I also love how he forced Fox to keep saying "your husband." Score!!
Kriselda Gray
Verified:

Post by Kriselda Gray »

THAT was a thing of beauty!
pipistrelle

Post by pipistrelle »

But he talked over him politely. Never raised his voice, sped up, or got rattled.

Morton’s needs him for PR/reputation management. 😎
AndyinPA
Verified:

Post by AndyinPA »

We need a lot more of this!
"Choose your leaders with wisdom and forethought. To be led by a coward is to be controlled by all that the coward fears… To be led by a liar is to ask to be told lies." -Octavia E. Butler
sad-cafe

Post by sad-cafe »

Kriselda Gray wrote: Sun Jul 10, 2022 10:18 pm
THAT was a thing of beauty!
is this on youtube for me to grab? I can't find one

Return to “Biden Administration”