Spring forward.
To delete this message, click the X at top right.

Keepers of the Oaf (Oath Keepers) Elmer Stewart Rhodes etc.

Kendra

Post by Kendra »

Finally caught up enough to peek in on the OK trial. Apparently there's some evidence/testimony they all went to Olive Garden afterwards. LOL at this:

If you waited on the Oath Keepers on Jan. 6, 2021, at the Vienna, Virginia, Olive Garden, my DMs are open.
Kendra

Post by Kendra »

Newly released video trial exhibit from US Justice Dept in trial of OathKeepers conspiracy defendants

As the group is stopped by DC police on Jan 6, 2021
Kendra

Post by Kendra »

This one caused some almost audible eyebrow-raising in the media room because the attorney Rhodes recommended for Meggs was Ed MacMahon, who represented 9/11 plotter Zacarias Moussaoui and is currently representing Walid Muhammad Salih Bin'Attash in his 9/11 case.

NEW: Here's the message that Oath Keepers founder Stewart Rhodes composed to be sent to Donald Trump in the days after the Jan. 6 attack.
keith
Occupation: Retired Computer Systems Analyst Project Manager Super Coder
Verified: ✅lunatic

Post by keith »

I love how the chief oaf assumed (probably correctly) that the then President of the United States wouldnt know who Neville Chamberlain was.
Has everybody heard about the bird?
jemcanada2

Post by jemcanada2 »

keith wrote: Wed Nov 02, 2022 10:01 pm I love how the chief oaf assumed (probably correctly) that the then President of the United States wouldnt know who Neville Chamberlain was.
He probably should have assumed tfg didn’t know who Churchill was either. :brickwallsmall: :brickwallsmall:
Gregg

Post by Gregg »

You are aiming way too high here.

I am not convinced he knows who King George VI was.
Supreme Commander, Imperial Illuminati Air Force
:dog:

You don't have to consent, but I'm gonna tase you anyway.
Ben-Prime
Verified: ✅MamaSaysI'mBonaFide

Post by Ben-Prime »

I mean, to be fair to him and all of them, none of those other men had the good fortune to be named Trump.
But the sunshine aye shall light the sky,
As round and round we run;
And the truth shall ever come uppermost,
And justice shall be done.

- Charles Mackay, "Eternal Justice"
Kendra

Post by Kendra »

Before proceedings begin today, Rhodes's defense counsel is raising concern about the effect of this piece of evidence on the jury in light of recent events.
Kendra

Post by Kendra »

The last words the jury heard before the prosecutors rested their case - Defendant Elmer Rhodes saying: “We should have brought rifles. We could have fixed it right then & there. I’d hang f**king Pelosi from the lamppost.” In the courtroom, you could have heard a firing pin drop.
Kendra

Post by Kendra »

@JordanOnRecord
Coming up next: LUNCH. Then Rule 29 motions. Then the reserved opening statements from attorneys for Kelly Meggs and Kenneth Harrelson. Then the defendants will start presenting their cases, with Stewart Rhodes up first.
Kendra

Post by Kendra »

Day 21. It's a foggy morning in D.C. as Stewart Rhodes, founder of the Oath Keepers, is set to take the stand in his own defense against charges of seditious conspiracy. My live coverage of the day will pick up here.
noblepa

Post by noblepa »

Kendra wrote: Thu Nov 03, 2022 10:32 am
Before proceedings begin today, Rhodes's defense counsel is raising concern about the effect of this piece of evidence on the jury in light of recent events.
Yeah. You can't show evidence of my guilt, especially my own words, because the jury might get the impression that I'm guilty!
Tiredretiredlawyer
Verified: ✅🐴🐎🦄🌻5000 posts and counting

Post by Tiredretiredlawyer »

"Yeah, I didn't really mean I wanted to hang Pelosi. Maybe shoot her, but not hang her."
"Mickey Mouse and I grew up together." - Ruthie Tompson, Disney animation checker and scene planner and one of the first women to become a member of the International Photographers Union in 1952.
Kendra

Post by Kendra »

When Watkins' case resumes shortly, we're apparently going to see a video. Here's what it's about. Yesterday, DOJ atty Hughes, in cross-examining Montana Siniff, showed this OK propaganda film that includes snippets showing both Watkins & Siniff. https:// youtu.be/SC23MVrUkVs
Edit: Broke the second YT link to avoid duplicate video.
Kendra

Post by Kendra »

Stewie is on the stand now. Thank goodness we have reporters to live tweet since there's no cameras...
MsDaisy
Verified:

Post by MsDaisy »

Wrong thread... Foggy, clean up on isle 5....
Ben-Prime
Verified: ✅MamaSaysI'mBonaFide

Post by Ben-Prime »

Kendra wrote: Fri Nov 04, 2022 8:43 am
Day 21. It's a foggy morning in D.C. as Stewart Rhodes, founder of the Oath Keepers, is set to take the stand in his own defense against charges of seditious conspiracy. My live coverage of the day will pick up here.
A *foggy* morning, eh? I find that a little too suspiciously encoded.

Dadgumit, I thought for sure we'd have a smily coded with a magnifying class all sleuth-like, but if there is one, I can't find it.
But the sunshine aye shall light the sky,
As round and round we run;
And the truth shall ever come uppermost,
And justice shall be done.

- Charles Mackay, "Eternal Justice"
Kendra

Post by Kendra »

What a treat seeing Klatt show up again. What a treat :bighug:
RTH10260
Verified: ✔️ Eurobot

Post by RTH10260 »

Kendra

Post by Kendra »

Thanks for posting that video, excellent recap. Love the way Kirschner calls him Elmer instead of Stewart. What a sublime smackdown.
keith
Occupation: Retired Computer Systems Analyst Project Manager Super Coder
Verified: ✅lunatic

Post by keith »

It is true that Rhodes does believe that he is the superior arbiter of what is and what is not Constitutional, or at least he has been consistent in that assertion for a decade or more.

I'm not 100% sure where I got into a conversation with him, but I seem to think it was on Doc Conspiracy, but I'm hazy - not sure what would have attracted him (is he a birther?). It might have been on Above Top Secret.

After a bit of to and fro of folks asking what he was on about etc; he was inviting ex-cops, ex-military, ex-firefighters because they had all taken an oath and it never epired even after leaving active duty (I remember him saying they didn't want active folks at that time (but I may have misunderstood),

Who decides what constitutes legal Constitutional orders? I asked him that directly oh these many years ago.

His answer was unequivocal: "I do".

(Edit: to explain my question)
Has everybody heard about the bird?
pipistrelle

Post by pipistrelle »

I have the same concerns I have about the Oregon Bundy case, although I know this is a different jury. All he has to do for now is convince one juror that he, a Yale-educated lawyer, knows the Constitution.I hope the prosecution has some spicy questions for him.
humblescribe
Verified:

Post by humblescribe »

I'd weigh in by saying that the Bundy trial and this trial are diametrically different. The government overcharged the defendants in what was essentially a case of criminal trespass. Yes, there were threats and intimidation. They trashed the headquarters and the refuge. They had weapons on federal land. But trespass would have been an easy conviction. I attended three days of the trial in 2016. The jury saw way too much confusing and conflicting evidence for all those charges, so they just decided to acquit.

In this case there is better and more convincing evidence that Rhodes led a group of individuals to execute various orders to stop the transfer of power. These crimes are more easily understood in context than a bunch of misfits camping out in a wildlife refuge in the middle of winter.

As indicated in the video, he plays by his own set of rules. He is a disbarred lawyer. He ignored judge's orders. He practiced in Arizona without a license. He failed to show up to his disbarment hearings and proceedings. I would hope that when he is cross-examined that his ego and arrogance shines through that he knew what he was doing was unlawful, but he went ahead and did it anyway.

But then, I am optimistic here--more so than during the Bundy trial.

(As a parenthesis, one of the reasons that he failed to do his lawyerly work and/or show up to his hearings was that he was running the Oathkeepers presence when the feds were trying to round up Cliven's cattle in the desert outside Mesquite.)
"Some cause happiness wherever they go; others whenever they go." O. Wilde
Kendra

Post by Kendra »

Couple of live tweeters. Jordan has the day off apparently.

https://twitter.com/rparloff

https@kyledcheney
Prosecutors seem to be salivating as they start the cross-examination, ready to show that Maddox's characterization of Rhodes as "level-headed" and the voice of reason among Oath Keepers, is belied by his actual messages.://twitter.com/kyledcheney
Maybenaut
Verified: ✅✅

Post by Maybenaut »

I read Parloff's live-tweets from yesterday and today.

The defense is all upset because the government is refusing to grant immunity to defense witnesses, and now some of the defense witnesses don't want to testify. One witness didn't have a lawyer so the government appointed a federal defender to talk to him. The public defender advised the guy not to testify but he said he wanted to, then when he got on the stand the first words out of his mouth were, "on advice of counsel...", at which point the judge cut him off and instructed the jury to disregard what they might have heard, not to speculate about what he might intended to say, and not to speculate about why he was not testifying.

It was pretty interesting.
"Hey! We left this England place because it was bogus, and if we don't get some cool rules ourselves, pronto, we'll just be bogus too!" -- Thomas Jefferson

Return to “The January 6 Insurrection, including Criminal Cases”