Spring forward.
To delete this message, click the X at top right.

Keepers of the Oaf (Oath Keepers) Elmer Stewart Rhodes etc.

mimi

Re: Keepers of the Oaf (Oath Keepers) Elmer Stewart Rhodes etc.

Post by mimi »

Moseley represents Kelly Meggs, one of the leaders of Florida’s Oath Keepers.

Meggs was arrested by federal agents on Feb. 17, 2021, and he is waiting in a D.C. area jail for his trial to begin in April.

Mosely said defending Meggs is a big challenge because of the massive amount of evidence, videos and photos gathered by investigators.

“This is -- to my knowledge -- one of the first, big, social (media), cell phone, video revolution cases like this, to my mind,” he said. “It’s like nothing we’ve ever seen before because everyone now has a camera and their cell phone. So, there’s thousands of hours, plus body cam video. So, really, in so many ways, this case is different than anything we’ve seen before.”
https://www.clickorlando.com/news/local ... t-arrests/

In their lawsuit — filed by attorneys Juli Haller and Jonathon Moseley, who are also representing Connie and Kelly Meggs, respectively, in the criminal case — the Meggses say the subpoena is illegitimate because it doesn’t further the committee’s legislative purpose, could prejudice a future jury and seeks too broad a tranche of records from Verizon.
Moseley is also representing Stop the Steal founder Ali Alexander in a lawsuit against the Jan. 6 committee for subpoenaing his phone records.
https://www.politico.com/states/florida ... rs-1403751
Moseley, one of Alexander’s attorneys in the matter, is also representing a member of the Oath Keepers facing charges for his role in the Jan. 6 attack. He previously represented Proud Boy Zachary Rehl. Kamenar represented at least one witness involved in the Mueller probe.
https://www.politico.com/news/2021/12/1 ... ers-525345
The two Oath Keepers, Kenneth Harrelson and Kelly Meggs, claim that the Washington jail where they have been held since they stormed the U.S. Capitol on Jan. 6 is forcing them to get vaccinated — even though the facility makes no such condition on detainees.

Harrelson and Meggs, from Florida, are charged with recruiting and planning for the insurrection, where they marched in a military-stack formation up the steps of the U.S. Capitol wearing paramilitary gear.

“Since arrest, the above defendants, along with 32 prisoners at the Department of Corrections, have resisted incessant and continual efforts to break them and force them to receive these procedures,” attorneys Brad Geyer and Jonathon Moseley wrote in a Saturday motion.
https://www.courthousenews.com/judge-wa ... -of-court/

This has been great for his wallet.
mimi

Post by mimi »

somerset wrote: Sat Jan 15, 2022 2:41 pm
mimi wrote: Sat Jan 15, 2022 2:34 pm IIRC, he’s representing several January 6th defendants.
Do you know if they’re paying him?
There are grifting sites for them. David Clements publicizes them on telegram.
bob

Post by bob »

mimi wrote: Sat Jan 15, 2022 2:55 pm
somerset wrote: Sat Jan 15, 2022 2:41 pm
mimi wrote: Sat Jan 15, 2022 2:34 pm IIRC, he’s representing several January 6th defendants.
Do you know if they’re paying him?
There are grifting sites for them. David Clements publicizes them on telegram.
So Mosley's being paid in "exposure." :violin:

(Actually not a horrible plan; I think everyone but Klayman has gotten rich off poots' opening their wallets.)
Image ImageImage
Kendra

Post by Kendra »

Maybenaut
Verified: ✅✅

Post by Maybenaut »

mimi wrote: Sat Jan 15, 2022 1:34 pm You guys might wanna be his Facebook friend just to see what a loser he is.

He’s been trying to sell his townhouse for years. He complains about roommates. He wants to move to Florida and can’t unload his, what I assume, is a rundown residence.

I can’t even describe how much he whines about it.

Who couldn’t sell a townhouse in DC area over the past few years? The market is booming.

In between he posts Maga bullshit and bashes Democrats, as well as whines about his lack of paying clients.

Weirdly, January 6th is the best thing that’s ever happened to him.

His Facebook includes his personal dramas, his twitter doesn’t.
I don’t know where he’s living now, but it appears that he sold his townhouse in Woodbridge in 2021 for about $115K more than he paid in 2015.

His info is there if you want to look. I googled his name and Woodbridge, got an address, then searched that address in the Prince William County tax records.
"Hey! We left this England place because it was bogus, and if we don't get some cool rules ourselves, pronto, we'll just be bogus too!" -- Thomas Jefferson
filly

Post by filly »

Anyone think maybe Moseley has some conflicts here?
bob

Post by bob »

filly wrote: Sat Jan 15, 2022 5:04 pm Anyone think maybe Moseley has some conflicts here?
I'm listening .... :popcorn:
Image ImageImage
Kendra

Post by Kendra »

Klatt :lovestruck:
Slim Cognito
Verified:

Post by Slim Cognito »

There's a Christmas Story joke in there somewhere.
Pup Dennis in training to be a guide dog & given to a deserving vet. Thx! ImageImageImage x4
Plutodog

Post by Plutodog »

Hi Tired Retired, Estevio Phoenix and Mimi! :bighug:
scirreeve

Post by scirreeve »

mimi wrote: Sat Jan 15, 2022 12:55 pm
scirreeve wrote: Tue Aug 10, 2021 12:11 am I thought there was already a topic about this but can't find it. The soon to be ex wife of Stewie says he is back in contact with her. She isn't happy about that. So many Oaf Keepers arrested for the J6 insurrection. Tasha seems cool and a reformed poot. I like her on the twitter.
Hidden Content
This board requires you to be registered and logged-in to view hidden content.
Hidden Content
pipistrelle

Post by pipistrelle »

scirreeve wrote: Sat Jan 15, 2022 10:10 pm
mimi wrote: Sat Jan 15, 2022 12:55 pm
scirreeve wrote: Tue Aug 10, 2021 12:11 am I thought there was already a topic about this but can't find it. The soon to be ex wife of Stewie says he is back in contact with her. She isn't happy about that. So many Oaf Keepers arrested for the J6 insurrection. Tasha seems cool and a reformed poot. I like her on the twitter.
Hidden Content
Hidden Content
Hidden Content
mimi

Post by mimi »

Maybenaut wrote: Sat Jan 15, 2022 4:33 pm
mimi wrote: Sat Jan 15, 2022 1:34 pm You guys might wanna be his Facebook friend just to see what a loser he is.

He’s been trying to sell his townhouse for years. He complains about roommates. He wants to move to Florida and can’t unload his, what I assume, is a rundown residence.

I can’t even describe how much he whines about it.

Who couldn’t sell a townhouse in DC area over the past few years? The market is booming.

In between he posts Maga bullshit and bashes Democrats, as well as whines about his lack of paying clients.

Weirdly, January 6th is the best thing that’s ever happened to him.

His Facebook includes his personal dramas, his twitter doesn’t.
I don’t know where he’s living now, but it appears that he sold his townhouse in Woodbridge in 2021 for about $115K more than he paid in 2015.

His info is there if you want to look. I googled his name and Woodbridge, got an address, then searched that address in the Prince William County tax records.
So he did!

In my Defence...
Attachments
8E4F8248-8B2D-4DFC-ABDA-F40FB4CCEDD9.jpeg
8E4F8248-8B2D-4DFC-ABDA-F40FB4CCEDD9.jpeg (222.29 KiB) Viewed 2368 times
Kendra

Post by Kendra »

“[It] was a kind of relief I didn’t know existed ... he is a dangerous man,” says Tasha Adams, ex-wife of Stewart Rhodes, the leader of the Oath Keepers who was indicted by the DOJ on charges of seditious conspiracy for his role in the Jan. 6 attack on the Capitol.
RVInit

Post by RVInit »

Oh, goody. More rwnj voters moving to Florida, just what we need.

:crying:
There's a lot of things that need to change. One specifically? Police brutality.
--Colin Kaepernick
mimi

Post by mimi »

But what is he going to do?

Can he pass the bar?
Attachments
E45123A3-A748-4D7F-AA32-6B558296BDF2.jpeg
E45123A3-A748-4D7F-AA32-6B558296BDF2.jpeg (226.44 KiB) Viewed 2337 times
bob

Post by bob »

mimi wrote: Sun Jan 16, 2022 7:52 pmCan he pass the bar?
Klayman is in good standing with the Florida bar. :bag: So why not Mosley?
I saw that thing about Mosley wanting to start a biodiesel business with his dad. In addition to sounding kinda hippy-ish, doesn't he still have clients in the D.D.C.?

"Excuse me, your honor, the defense is not ready for trial on account of a bumper crop of corn that I need to press."
Image ImageImage
somerset

Post by somerset »

bob wrote: Sun Jan 16, 2022 9:36 pm
mimi wrote: Sun Jan 16, 2022 7:52 pmCan he pass the bar?
Klayman is in good standing with the Florida bar. :bag: So why not Mosley?
I saw that thing about Mosley wanting to start a biodiesel business with his dad. In addition to sounding kinda hippy-ish, doesn't he still have clients in the D.D.C.?

"Excuse me, your honor, the defense is not ready for trial on account of a bumper crop of corn that I need to press."
The post about the biodiesel is from 2012 - almost 10 years ago.
bob

Post by bob »

somerset wrote: Sun Jan 16, 2022 9:38 pm The post about the biodiesel is from 2012 - almost 10 years ago.
:bag:

But even funnier that he's been trying to move to Florida for a decade.
Image ImageImage
Volkonski
Verified:

Post by Volkonski »

Scott MacFarlane
@MacFarlaneNews
ALERT: Clerk's office for Eastern District of Texas fed court tells me the detention hearing for Stewart Rhodes is postponed. Will not happen on Thursday, as scheduled

Per court docket, Rhodes is in quarantine in pretrial facility
“If everyone fought for their own convictions there would be no war.” ― Leo Tolstoy, War and Peace
RTH10260
Verified: ✔️ Eurobot

Post by RTH10260 »

No motion asking for urgent relocation to a Ivermectin friendly hostel?

viewtopic.php?p=76624#p76624
scirreeve

Post by scirreeve »

He is in the Fannin County jail - moved there on Jan. 14.
notorial dissent

Post by notorial dissent »

tencats wrote: Fri Jan 14, 2022 3:32 pm Oath Keeper attorney Jon Moseley says they believed "Trump was going to activate them as a militia under the insurrection act"
:o
:snippity: :snippity:
Yaknow, out of ALL the bovine effluent that comes out of these utter and complete moron's pieholes, THIS I can believe. They really are stupid enough to think the OSG would anoint them as the palace guard and support and defend them. They really are that dumb. AND, they got the OSG treatment, just like so many other have and are yet to come.

On the other side of it, I hope the DOJ is doing a thorough colonoscopy of their finances and backers, that I think is where the entertainment value will be. They would have done Ernst Rohm proud.
AndyinPA
Verified:

Post by AndyinPA »

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/firea ... li=BBnb7Kz
Oath Keepers planning to violently subvert the 2020 election stockpiled 30 days of supplies and a cache of rifles and ammunition just outside of Washington D.C., prosecutors alleged in a late-night court filing.

In a memo seeking the pretrial detention of Oath Keeper Ed Vallejo — one of 11 members of the group charged last week with seditious conspiracy to violently prevent Joe Biden from taking office — prosecutors provided new details about the weapons stockpile Oath Keepers had assembled at a Comfort Inn in nearby Arlington, Va.

Three “quick reaction force” teams set up at the hotel, prepared to ferry weapons into Washington to support the effort to prevent Congress from finalizing Biden’s victory. But the cache became “unnecessary,” prosecutors said, because the Oath Keepers at the Capitol — using the force of the pro-Trump mob that stormed the building — were able to get inside without additional support.

But prosecutors say the Oath Keepers were prepared for a long-haul fight, one that stretched past Jan. 6 to the inauguration. Messages exchanged by Vallejo and others suggested the group cased the Capitol on Jan. 7 and discussed plans to continue working against the transfer of power up through Biden’s inauguration.

But the most salient details in the new memo describe the planning and stockpiling of weapons at the Comfort Inn. Among them, prosecutors say, were “at least three luggage carts’ worth of gun boxes, rifle cases, and suitcases filled with ammunition.”
"Choose your leaders with wisdom and forethought. To be led by a coward is to be controlled by all that the coward fears… To be led by a liar is to ask to be told lies." -Octavia E. Butler
Kendra

Post by Kendra »

Sounds touristy. :roll:

Return to “The January 6 Insurrection, including Criminal Cases”