Spring forward.
To delete this message, click the X at top right.

Keepers of the Oaf (Oath Keepers) Elmer Stewart Rhodes etc.

miss meh

Re: Keepers of the Oaf (Oath Keepers) Elmer Stewart Rhodes etc.

Post by miss meh »

Gregg wrote: Wed Feb 02, 2022 7:55 pm
I thought yr video was going to be this....and when it wasnt i had to go find it. :dance:

Kriselda Gray
Verified:

Post by Kriselda Gray »

Gregg wrote: Wed Feb 02, 2022 7:56 pm
Kriselda Gray wrote: Wed Feb 02, 2022 6:30 pm
Off Topic
Foggy wrote: Wed Feb 02, 2022 3:10 pm in case someday I ran my own District Court of Bun-Dogs
Because I don't always "hear" words in my head when I'm reading, it took me a couple of years before I finally understood what the "District Court of Bun-Dogs actually meant (I was reading a post out loud to my husband and finally heard what it sounded like)
I just about died laughing. It still cracks me up every time I see it!
I don't get it and I'll be up all night until I do.

I AM pretty dumb sometimes.
LOL I thought I was the only one who took a long time to get it. Orly at one point was trying to make a comment about having to go to the "District Court of the Boondocks" but wrote "Bun Dogs" instead. It's just such a classic Orly screwup :)
Foggy
Dick Tater
Verified: as seen on qvc zombie apocalypse

Post by Foggy »

Off Topic
She was flailing at the time, this was the summer of 2009, and she had discovered the miracle of original jurisdiction in the Supreme Court, which is an actual thing, but she had no chance, more below. The thing is, by this time she had become famous, her blog(s) were getting hundreds of comments a day, and she thought her case was so important -- and that SHE was so important now -- that she should only be required to practice law in the United States Supreme Court, because that was the top court in all the land.

But the Supremes, for some odd reason, did not want her. In fact, after a few things us Obots did to bring some attention to the problem, her phone calls were automatically re-routed to the Supreme Court Police Department instead of the clerk's office. I didn't know there WAS a Supreme Court Police Department, but hey, there are hundreds of police agencies in our nation's capital, why not them too?

"It's the crazy dentist from California again." :roll: :cantlook:

So she had to file a lot of cases (she filed a LOT of cases) in lower courts, like a normal attorney who went to law school and actually knew how to practice law. And she still hadn't figured out any of the little finicky things they make lawyers do to have a successful lawsuit, like how to serve a summons and how to fill out a form and how to read the court rules and stupid stuff like that, who needs it? Don't they understand this is a national constitutional international crisis of biblical proportions? Get off me with your damn silly rules and expecting me to know what I'm doing! The White House has a scary scary black man in it, and you gotta do something!!

But the people at the lower courts were unimpressed and kept telling her to follow the rules, it was really annoying. And one day, in utter frustration, she told us on her blog that she belonged in the Supreme Court all the time any time, and what did they expect? Did they think she was going to spend the rest of her life in the District Court of Bun-Dogs or the Circuit Court of Yahooville?

It was her lovely way of insulting the courts that most lawyers use every day of their lives, and asserting that she had reached such lofty heights of national importance -- she was on with Colbert, for gawd's sake -- that she had passed ahead of all the other lawyers and should only be practicing in the Supreme Court. And by the way, the damn Supreme Court better do what she told them, too also, or people were going to be convicted of TREASON.

So we adopted that, and I am the Lord High Muckety Muck of the Fogbow Galactic Grand Jury AND the chief judge of the District Court of Bun-Dogs, and if'n Orly don't like it, she can pound sand.

That's my final rulin', and I'm stickin' with it.

:whisper: So certain cases can be brought in the Supreme Court without going through any of the lower courts, and Orly kept trying -- and failing -- to figure out how she could get a case before the Supremes without bothering with the little courts. She also flew to Idaho or someplace and was stalking Justice Roberts, he gave a speech at a university and when the time came for Q & A she jumped up and told him the clerks at the Supreme Court were criminals because they were interfering with her attempts to get a case to him. Fun times!
Out from under. :thumbsup:
Tiredretiredlawyer
Verified: ✅🐴🐎🦄🌻5000 posts and counting

Post by Tiredretiredlawyer »

I luvs me some Fogbow history! :lovestruck:
"Mickey Mouse and I grew up together." - Ruthie Tompson, Disney animation checker and scene planner and one of the first women to become a member of the International Photographers Union in 1952.
bob

Post by bob »

Off Topic
Foggy wrote: Thu Feb 03, 2022 7:39 am :whisper: So certain cases can be brought in the Supreme Court without going through any of the lower courts, and Orly kept trying -- and failing -- to figure out how she could get a case before the Supremes without bothering with the little courts. She also flew to Idaho or someplace and was stalking Justice Roberts, he gave a speech at a university and when the time came for Q & A she jumped up and told him the clerks at the Supreme Court were criminals because they were interfering with her attempts to get a case to him. Fun times!
Yeah: The Chief was speaking at a school in Idaho, so Taitz flew to Washington and then drove to Idaho. At the end of his speech, the Chief said he would take a few questions, with the caveat he couldn't discuss anything pending before the court.

So of course Taitz grabbed the mic and launched into her pending case about Obama. And said she had a boxful of exhibits to show the Chief. Staff kindly took her box, took the mic, and then a sane person asked a real question.

The box was never seen again! :smoking:

And this wasn't the only justice Taitz stalked: Scalia did a book tour. Afterward, when an author typically peddles signed copies, Taitz waited until the end of the line to chat up Scalia. Scalia said something expectedly deflectory like, "You have to file the case first!" Which OF COURSE set off Taitz's conspiracies: How could Scalia not know about the many cases she already had filed?* DAMN THOSE SHIPPING CLERKS! :torches:

* Crazy people frequently are unable to process that other crazy people also exist, and they too do things like serially file crazy lawsuits. But Tatiz doesn't care about, for example, the dude who alleges the Jackson Five were CIA plants.
Image ImageImage
Foggy
Dick Tater
Verified: as seen on qvc zombie apocalypse

Post by Foggy »

bob wrote: Thu Feb 03, 2022 12:32 pmYeah: The Chief was speaking at a school in Idaho, so Taitz flew to Washington and then drove to Idaho.
One slight but actually important correction: She didn't drive to Idaho. One of her supporters showed up at the airport in Spokane or wherever in Washington she flew, and he drove her to the school in Idaho.

That's important because she was so intensely popular with the birthers, and she was so popular because she gave them things to do to help get rid of the scary scary black man, and they loved it. She told them "Call so-and-so, demand they do something" and dozens of people would make the calls. She instructed the FBI to investigate the Supreme Court and she told the Supreme Court to investigate the FBI, and nobody was sacred and they were all traitors because THE BLACK MAN IS STILL IN OFFICE, DAMMIT.

I told her once that in obedience to her instructions, I had called my local sheriff and told them that Obama's mother was using a stolen Social Security number and she might even be alive and hiding in Hawaii or someplace, and they asked me if she committed any crimes in Wake County, North Carolina. But I couldn't prove she had ever set foot in this county, so they were going to ignore Orly Taitz, the great national constitutional international crisis attorney from the great state of California! Unbelievable! (Narrator: he didn't really call the Wake County Sheriff.)

'Course, that never stopped her. And she drew lots of supporters everywhere she went. After dozens of people showed up to support her in her first appearance before Judge Carter, she didn't complain about District Court any more. She'd go to District Court and people would shove money at her. They'd have to set up an overflow room to hold all her supporters. In Santa Ana. In Atlanta. In Maine. Wherever she went, she had people who thought she was a great warrior, because she kept fighting to get rid of the scary black man.

And he served every day of two terms, and there wasn't a damn thing she could do about it, and we kicked ass on the stupid birthers for 8 long years and when it was over America elected the chief birther to be president and sometimes you win every battle and lose the war.

So there's some history for you. :blackeye:
Out from under. :thumbsup:
scirreeve

Post by scirreeve »

LOL from Stewie's oldest son (he hates Stewie).
scirreeve

Post by scirreeve »

Krazy Kellye says she is no longer in charge of the Oaf Keepers. 2 unidentified people are instead.
scirreeve

Post by scirreeve »

Thread about Stewie wanting to get out of prison.

The court stuff is here - https://www.documentcloud.org/documents ... sideration
Uninformed

Post by Uninformed »

I’m sure he’s not a flight risk, he can just go play soldier by hiding in one of his holes in the woods. :nope:
If you can't lie to yourself, who can you lie to?
keith
Occupation: Retired Computer Systems Analyst Project Manager Super Coder
Verified: ✅lunatic

Post by keith »

miss meh wrote: Wed Feb 02, 2022 11:22 pm
I thought yr video was going to be this....and when it wasnt i had to go find it. :dance:

I've been playing a fair bit of Funkadelic lately.
Has everybody heard about the bird?
Frater I*I
Verified: ✅Verified Devilish Hyena

Post by Frater I*I »

keith wrote: Fri Feb 11, 2022 10:57 pm :snippity:

I think you took a wrong turn at Albuquerque...
"He sewed his eyes shut because he is afraid to see, He tries to tell me what I put inside of me
He's got the answers to ease my curiosity, He dreamed a god up and called it Christianity"

Trent Reznor
Gregg

Post by Gregg »

keith wrote: Fri Feb 11, 2022 10:57 pm
miss meh wrote: Wed Feb 02, 2022 11:22 pm

My ex wife is a fairly close personal friend of Bootsy Collins. I had no idea who he was when she introduced me to him at a party.
Supreme Commander, Imperial Illuminati Air Force
:dog:

You don't have to consent, but I'm gonna tase you anyway.
Kendra

Post by Kendra »

THREAD: At DC court hearing tomorrow, OathKeepers founder Stewart Rhodes will argue for release from jail in his Jan 6 seditious conspiracy case

I spoke with his lawyers and read thru the court filngs... one thing jumps out at me .....

(more)
raison de arizona
Verified: ✔️ he/him/his

Post by raison de arizona »

Kendra wrote: Tue Feb 15, 2022 2:05 pm https://twitter.com/MacFarlaneNews/stat ... 9396116482
THREAD: At DC court hearing tomorrow, OathKeepers founder Stewart Rhodes will argue for release from jail in his Jan 6 seditious conspiracy case

I spoke with his lawyers and read thru the court filngs... one thing jumps out at me .....

(more)
The one thing is that they supposedly went in to render medical aid (I assume) after the Babbitt shooting, only the Babbitt shooting actually happened AFTER they went in. So, full of crap.
“Remember, democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet that did not commit suicide.” —John Adams
RTH10260
Verified: ✔️ Eurobot

Post by RTH10260 »

The Rittenhouse defense - Good Samaritans only wanted to help good tourists.... :blackeye:
Kendra

Post by Kendra »

!! Per defense attorney:

At court hearing today, OathKeepers founder Stewart Rhodes' legal team will address this "13 minutes" timeframe reported by @CBSNews last night
Kendra

Post by Kendra »

It's showtime!

Two reporters who appear to be ready to live tweet:

https://twitter.com/MacFarlaneNews

https://twitter.com/ZoeTillman
Kendra

Post by Kendra »

Apparently Rhodes had some 165,000 text messages (which I assume included Signal messages) on his phone when it was seized by the FBI in May 2021, per AUSA Rakoczy
Volkonski
Verified:

Post by Volkonski »

“If everyone fought for their own convictions there would be no war.” ― Leo Tolstoy, War and Peace
Volkonski
Verified:

Post by Volkonski »

Brandi Buchman
@Brandi_Buchman
·
5m
Replying to
@Brandi_Buchman
Judge Mehta is reviewing how fellow Oath Keeper Kelly Meggs communicated 3 mins with Rhodes before Meggs moved up the stairs and into the Capitol. Meggs said he was looking for Speaker Pelosi.
Brandi Buchman
@Brandi_Buchman
·
2m
Rhodes met with fellow OKers for dinner after the attack; he notes how the *day after* he spent tens of thousands on ammo, still had comms with other members for "next steps" and had plans to organize local militias on Biden inaug, Jan. 20
Brandi Buchman
@Brandi_Buchman
·
1m
Mehta recounts all of the charges and says there's "quite a bit of communication" with Rhodes where people are preparing for violence. He notes the rhetoric used by Rhodes and says he's the first to recognize there is a protection of speech under the First Amendment. But...
“If everyone fought for their own convictions there would be no war.” ― Leo Tolstoy, War and Peace
Volkonski
Verified:

Post by Volkonski »

Brandi Buchman
@Brandi_Buchman
·
2m
Judge Mehta on Oath Keeper Rhodes: "Anybody who thinks this is about speech, they are mistaken. It is about speech *and* how that bears on Mr Rhodes state of mind and any objective he had on Jan. 6 and after."
@dailykos
Brandi Buchman
@Brandi_Buchman
·
1m
Mehta is now reviewing the Insurrection Act argument put forward by Rhodes suggesting that OKers were merely positioning themselves to respond to the call of the president.
Brandi Buchman
@Brandi_Buchman
·
33s
Unfortunately the connection there was very fuzzy. Windy here in Washington. But, from what I gathered, Mehta seemed skeptical.
Volkonski
Verified:

Post by Volkonski »

Brandi Buchman
@Brandi_Buchman
·
1m
Replying to
@Brandi_Buchman
Mehta: On Jan. 6 the Signal chat that went out after 3PM, alleged seditionist and Oath Keeper leader Elmer Rhodes "doesn't distance himself from the breach, from the activities, rather he celebrates it and how they "trashed the place"
Brandi Buchman
@Brandi_Buchman
·
1m
Mehta says Rhodes language on/after Jan. 6 "certainly doesn't sound like the words of somebody who is surprised to learn that this fellow Oath Keepers had entered the Capitol building"
Volkonski
Verified:

Post by Volkonski »

Marisa Sarnoff
@MarisaRSarnoff
·
5m
Regarding the allegation that Rhodes ordered co-defendant Kelly Meggs to start the "stack" approach to the Capitol, Mehta says it's "unlikely" that Rhodes didn't "at a minimum know about, if not encouraged, if not ordered" the approach.
Marisa Sarnoff
@MarisaRSarnoff
Mehta also doesn't believe Rhodes' claim that the Oath Keepers approached the Capitol to provide medical assistance to Ashli Babbitt, as the "stack" made its approach before Babbitt was shot.

Brandi Buchman
@Brandi_Buchman
·
1m
Replying to
@Brandi_Buchman
On dangerousness pt, in light of all of the evidence presented, his leadership role, the fact that Rhodes led a highly organized hierarchical network, led not one but two groups on 1/6; all of that makes Mr. Rhodes dangerous, does not neutralize cooperation w/ law enforcement.
Brandi Buchman
@Brandi_Buchman
·
25s
There is simply no way to ensure he would not try engaging in that contact again.
Scott MacFarlane
@MacFarlaneNews
·
1m
Replying to
@MacFarlaneNews
Judge says he's considered Rhodes' proposal to remain with "third party custodian"... under house arrest, without internet access

"Mr Rhodes has been extremely sophisticated with his ability to community"

Judge not confident court can monitor, stop encrypted communication
raison de arizona
Verified: ✔️ he/him/his

Post by raison de arizona »

Whew. I was worried there for a hot minute.
“Remember, democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet that did not commit suicide.” —John Adams

Return to “The January 6 Insurrection, including Criminal Cases”