Sen. Lindsey Graham - Consistently Inconsistent

Trying to make sense of a crazy world, with limited success mostly
DrConspiracy
Verified:

Re: Sen. Lindsey Graham (insert something clever here)

Post by DrConspiracy »

northland10 wrote: Fri Nov 12, 2021 7:43 pm
DrConspiracy wrote: Fri Nov 12, 2021 12:02 pm When I lived in South Carolina..
Wait, you left SC? I must have slept through the memo.
Yes, I moved near Charlottesville, Virginia, in July of 2018. My previous congressman here was Republican Denver Riggleman, actually a fairly reasonable guy. He wasn't trumpy enough (check out this smear: Don’t Vote For Virginia Congressional Hopeful Denber Wiggleman Because He Is Full Of Hate, Not Because Bigfoot Makes Him Hard). He was defeated in the 2020 primary and replaced by a real Trumpist.

Here's some local color:

raison de arizona
Verified: ✔️ he/him/his

Post by raison de arizona »

“Remember, democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet that did not commit suicide.” —John Adams
raison de arizona

Lindsey Graham @LindseyGrahamSC wrote: If media reports are accurate, and Judge Jackson has been chosen as the Supreme Court nominee to replace Justice Breyer, it means the radical Left has won President Biden over yet again.

The attacks by the Left on Judge Childs from South Carolina apparently worked.
Charlotte Clymer 🏳️‍⚧️ @cmclymer wrote: You literally voted to confirm Judge Jackson to the federal judiciary last year. Ain’t no one buying this, Lindsay.
“Remember, democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet that did not commit suicide.” —John Adams
tek

Post by tek »

That would be Senator Lindsey "Windsock" Graham, amirite?
W. Kevin Vicklund

Post by W. Kevin Vicklund »

I prefer Senator Lindsey Graham "Cracker"
Tiredretiredlawyer
Verified: ✅🐴🐎🦄🌻5000 posts and counting

Post by Tiredretiredlawyer »

Senator Lindsey "That Was Then This Is Now" Graham.
"Mickey Mouse and I grew up together." - Ruthie Tompson, Disney animation checker and scene planner and one of the first women to become a member of the International Photographers Union in 1952.
bob

Post by bob »

Biden's preference for Ivy League/T14 grads is not exactly shocking or new.
Image ImageImage
Gregg

Post by Gregg »

It has nothing to do with her going to Harvard, its some of the radical extracurricular groups she associated with while she was there.

Supreme Commander, Imperial Illuminati Air Force
:dog:

You don't have to consent, but I'm gonna tase you anyway.
northland10
Verified: ✅ I'm me.

Post by northland10 »

Lindsay is butthurt because Biden didn't choose Lindsay's suggestion.
101010 :towel:
noblepa

Post by noblepa »

bob wrote: Fri Feb 25, 2022 5:15 pm
Biden's preference for Ivy League/T14 grads is not exactly shocking or new.
I'm too lazy to check, but I suspect that a plurality, if not an outright majority of all SCOTUS justices, ever, have graduated from one of those two schools.

Certainly a lot of them have graduated from either Harvard or Yale, arguably two of the very best law schools in the world.

What does he want, graduates of The Taft School of Law?
bob

Post by bob »

noblepa wrote: Sat Feb 26, 2022 2:04 pmWhat does he want, graduates of The Taft School of Law?
Graham's preferred nominee, Childs, graduated from the school at USC (Univ. of S.C.), and also has a LLM from Duke.

For the current justices, they all graduated from Harvard's or Yale's law schools, except for Barrett, who graduated from Notre Dame's.

I'm pretty sure a majority of all justices who ever served did not have degrees from Harvard or Yale ... because the early justices didn't have any law degrees. :o (This was back when you studied under another lawyer.)

Of the justices with law degrees, I believe Harvard is the most-represented school (so, the plurality) and Yale is the second most-represented school; I don't believe Harvard and Yale together, however, have an outright majority.
Image ImageImage
noblepa

Post by noblepa »

bob wrote: Sat Feb 26, 2022 2:31 pm
noblepa wrote: Sat Feb 26, 2022 2:04 pmWhat does he want, graduates of The Taft School of Law?
Graham's preferred nominee, Childs, graduated from the school at USC (Univ. of S.C.), and also has a LLM from Duke.

For the current justices, they all graduated from Harvard's or Yale's law schools, except for Barrett, who graduated from Notre Dame's.

I'm pretty sure a majority of all justices who ever served did not have degrees from Harvard or Yale ... because the early justices didn't have any law degrees. :o (This was back when you studied under another lawyer.)

Of the justices with law degrees, I believe Harvard is the most-represented school (so, the plurality) and Yale is the second most-represented school; I don't believe Harvard and Yale together, however, have an outright majority.

I stand corrected, but I think that my point, that a hell of a lot of Justices came from those schools, is valid.

And no one can argue that Harvard and Yale are not extremely fine law schools.

I'm sure that the complaint is more that H and Y are "liberal, elite, left wing" schools. They want justices from right-wing, conservative schools.

Before he lost his mind (and soul), Allen Dershowitz was on CNN and said that the right doesn't want unbiased judges. They want judges who are biased to the right's way of thinking. (or words to that effect). He was right, of course.
raison de arizona

Oh my.
Lindsey Graham @LindseyGrahamSC wrote: Is there a Brutus in Russia? Is there a more successful Colonel Stauffenberg in the Russian military?

The only way this ends is for somebody in Russia to take this guy out.

You would be doing your country - and the world - a great service.

The only people who can fix this are the Russian people.

Easy to say, hard to do.

Unless you want to live in darkness for the rest of your life, be isolated from the rest of the world in abject poverty, and live in darkness you need to step up to the plate.
Estiveo
Verified:

Post by Estiveo »

Image Image Image Image
pipistrelle

Post by pipistrelle »

Irresponsible.
Phoenix520
Verified:

Post by Phoenix520 »

You think Putin was paranoid before?
raison de arizona

realist

Post by realist »

What Graham is doing plays right into Putin's hand and will aid in Putin's propaganda that he is at war with the west, which will inflame his allies against the west.

I thought Graham got drunk and made a colossal error but he's continuing his irresponsible rhetoric so that' not the case.
One might wonder if this is not a stunt on behalf of Trump, who has a multitude of reasons to implore Putin's success in the Ukraine and elsewhere. :think:
Image X 4
Image X 32
Foggy
Dick Tater
Verified: as seen on qvc zombie apocalypse

Post by Foggy »

I'm ready to send Trump and Putin (and Graham and a bunch of people) to an alternate Universe AND THEY CAN HAVE THE WHOLE UNIVERSE.

But leave us alone, okay? :lol:
The more I learn about this planet, the more improbable it all seems. :confuzzled:
RVInit

Post by RVInit »

I agree with both posts above. Not only was that exceedingly irresponsible for Graham to say out loud, but this is throwing huge wrenches probably in Biden's ability now to have conversations with Putin. Putin will point to someone who is unfortunately a legitimate member of the US government calling for his execution.
Hidden Content
This board requires you to be registered and logged-in to view hidden content.
There's a lot of things that need to change. One specifically? Police brutality.
--Colin Kaepernick
AndyinPA
Verified:

Post by AndyinPA »

https://thehill.com/homenews/senate/596 ... y-bad-idea
The remarks were immediately knocked by Sen. Ted Cruz (R-Texas) and several other Republicans.

“This is an exceptionally bad idea. Use massive economic sanctions; BOYCOTT Russian oil & gas; and provide military aid so the Ukrainians can defend themselves. But we should not be calling for the assassination of heads of state,” the Texas senator said in response.

“While we are all praying for peace & for the people of Ukraine, this is irresponsible, dangerous & unhinged,” Rep. Marjorie Taylor Greene (R-Ga.) said in a tweet. “We need leaders with calm minds & steady wisdom. Not blood thirsty warmongering politicians trying to tweet tough by demanding assassinations. Americans don’t want war.”

Florida state Rep. Anthony Sabatini (R), who is running for Congress, called Graham’s statement “Biden-level stupidity and recklessness,” while Rep. Matt Gaetz (R-Fla.) sarcastically mused, “When has Sen. Graham encouraging regime change ever ended badly?”
I didn't think I'd ever agree with Cruz. Sabatini is a nasty piece of work.
"Choose your leaders with wisdom and forethought. To be led by a coward is to be controlled by all that the coward fears… To be led by a liar is to ask to be told lies." -Octavia E. Butler
pipistrelle

Post by pipistrelle »

Hidden Content
This board requires you to be registered and logged-in to view hidden content.
Gregg

Post by Gregg »

Lindsey might accidently get some Polonium 210 in his tea if he's not careful.
Supreme Commander, Imperial Illuminati Air Force
:dog:

You don't have to consent, but I'm gonna tase you anyway.
raison de arizona

Seems like McConnell and the Senate GOP should be moving for some kind of censure or reprimand for Graham. But I haven't heard a whisper on that front.

Hmm.
Frater I*I
Verified: ✅Verified Devilish Hyena

Post by Frater I*I »

Gregg wrote: Fri Mar 04, 2022 4:10 pm Lindsey might accidently get some Polonium 210 in his tea if he's not careful.
Or fall out of a window on the top floor of the Capitol....
"He sewed his eyes shut because he is afraid to see, He tries to tell me what I put inside of me
He's got the answers to ease my curiosity, He dreamed a god up and called it Christianity"

Trent Reznor

Return to “Current Politics”