Spring forward.
To delete this message, click the X at top right.

Sen. Lindsey Graham - Consistently Inconsistent

Trying to make sense of a crazy world, with limited success mostly
Slim Cognito
Verified:

Sen. Lindsey Graham - Consistently Inconsistent

Post by Slim Cognito »

Sooner or later he'll need his own thread.

No link yet but I'm seeing on twitter that fully vaxed Graham has tested positive for covid. No word yet if he's symptomatic.
Pup Dennis in training to be a guide dog & given to a deserving vet. Thx! ImageImageImage x4
Jim

Re: Sen. Lindsey Graham (insert something clever here)

Post by Jim »

Saw earlier he credited his vaccination for only having minor symptoms.
zekeb
Occupation: Stable genius. One who tosses horseshit with a pitchfork and never misses the spreader.

Post by zekeb »

Of the few Repiblicans who decided to get vaccinated, this one could have also passed. :mad:
Il factotum
Kendra

Post by Kendra »

No link, but saw some chatter on teehee there was a party on Machines houseboat on the weekend.
bob

Post by bob »

Kendra wrote: Mon Aug 02, 2021 5:34 pm No link, but saw some chatter on teehee there was a party on Machines houseboat on the weekend.

(Read "houseboat" as "yacht.")

(Raju works for CNN.)
Image ImageImage
Kendra

Post by Kendra »

Chris Coons.
Foggy
Dick Tater
Verified: as seen on qvc zombie apocalypse

Post by Foggy »

Out from under. :thumbsup:
Kendra

Post by Kendra »

Foggy wrote: Mon Aug 02, 2021 6:53 pm
I was going to make a similar comment, but I behaved. :bag:

“We were outside — and everybody has been vaccinated,” Manchin says when asked if they were wearing masks at the gathering on his boat since Lindsey Graham later tested positive. Manchin has since tested negative.
Slim Cognito
Verified:

Post by Slim Cognito »

Am I misunderstanding or was the boat party this last weekend? That seems kinda quick for symptoms to start. Doesn't it take at least four days?
Pup Dennis in training to be a guide dog & given to a deserving vet. Thx! ImageImageImage x4
AndyinPA
Verified:

Post by AndyinPA »

Slim Cognito wrote: Mon Aug 02, 2021 7:07 pm Am I misunderstanding or was the boat party this last weekend? That seems kinda quick for symptoms to start. Doesn't it take at least four days?
He could have had it, but still have been asymptomatic on Friday, so capable of spreading it. Reading in The Washington Post, he has mild symptoms, feels as though he has a sinus infection. That goes with what I've heard about Delta; symptoms more like a head cold.
"Choose your leaders with wisdom and forethought. To be led by a coward is to be controlled by all that the coward fears… To be led by a liar is to ask to be told lies." -Octavia E. Butler
raison de arizona
Verified: ✔️ he/him/his

Post by raison de arizona »

Slim Cognito wrote: Mon Aug 02, 2021 7:07 pm Am I misunderstanding or was the boat party this last weekend? That seems kinda quick for symptoms to start. Doesn't it take at least four days?
I was thinking the same thing, test should be 3-5 days after exposure. Is my understanding.
“Remember, democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet that did not commit suicide.” —John Adams
Dave from down under

Post by Dave from down under »

Delta strain incubation period averages 4 days (slightly less than original Covid). Although it has been as little as 2 days in some people.
according to a quick search
p0rtia

Post by p0rtia »

raison de arizona wrote: Mon Aug 02, 2021 7:19 pm
I was thinking the same thing, test should be 3-5 days after exposure. Is my understanding.
Delta is as quick as 2 days. But I don't think anyone is saying that he caught it on the boat, are they? I think the point was that he could infect others.
raison de arizona
Verified: ✔️ he/him/his

Post by raison de arizona »

p0rtia wrote: Mon Aug 02, 2021 7:22 pm
raison de arizona wrote: Mon Aug 02, 2021 7:19 pm
Delta is as quick as 2 days. But I don't think anyone is saying that he caught it on the boat, are they? I think the point was that he could infect others.
Right, that was my understanding, Graham probably already had it when he was on the boat and could have infected others.
“Remember, democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet that did not commit suicide.” —John Adams
MN-Skeptic

Post by MN-Skeptic »

I will give Graham points for encouraging others to get vaccinated. If he convinces just one person, I'll be happy.

That said, since Graham is minus infinity for points, giving him points for this still leaves him at negative infinity.
Luke
Location: @orly_licious With Pete Buttigieg and the other "open and defiant homosexuals" --Bryan Fischer AFA

Post by Luke »

Cyrus McQueen @CyrusMMcQueen 4h
Lindsey Graham got the rona, which means he’s likely to catch the vapors…

Lindsey.JPG
Lindsey.JPG (25.55 KiB) Viewed 7639 times

This Il Donaldo Trump account is LOVED by Trumpers, many say it's actually the disgraced loser. If not, at least they all support and love this account, they comment and repost it all the time.
il Donaldo Trumpo @ilSharko
Me look like el Presidento, but me no him, señor twitter Jacko and his no-hug twitter niños. I mucho different with glorioso moustachio. Please no ban me again.
United States Joined May 2021 4,402 Following 124K Followers

Lindsey Liz.JPG
Lindsey Liz.JPG (58.08 KiB) Viewed 7639 times

Lindsey Mask.JPG
Lindsey Mask.JPG (43.52 KiB) Viewed 7639 times
Lt Root Beer of the Mighty 699th. Fogbow 💙s titular Mama June in Fogbow's Favourite Show™ Mama June: From Not To Hot! Fogbow's Theme Song™ Edith Massey's "I Got The Evidence!" https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C5jDHZd0JAg
Gregg

Post by Gregg »

(insert something clever here)
I'm sorry, or I should be but I'm not. Suggesting inserting things and Lindsey Graham in the same topic is just... I got nuthin'

:bag:
Supreme Commander, Imperial Illuminati Air Force
:dog:

You don't have to consent, but I'm gonna tase you anyway.
Frater I*I
Verified: ✅Verified Devilish Hyena

Post by Frater I*I »

MN-Skeptic wrote: Mon Aug 02, 2021 10:03 pm I will give Graham points for encouraging others to get vaccinated. If he convinces just one person, I'll be happy.

That said, since Graham is minus infinity for points, giving him points for this still leaves him at negative infinity.
Talk about a harsh grading curve...

I'll see myself out... :bag:
"He sewed his eyes shut because he is afraid to see, He tries to tell me what I put inside of me
He's got the answers to ease my curiosity, He dreamed a god up and called it Christianity"

Trent Reznor
Gregg

Post by Gregg »

Frater I*I wrote: Thu Aug 05, 2021 5:02 pm
MN-Skeptic wrote: Mon Aug 02, 2021 10:03 pm I will give Graham points for encouraging others to get vaccinated. If he convinces just one person, I'll be happy.

Talk about a harsh grading curve...

I'll see myself out... :bag:
It was always gonna be a tough scale for him, he was being compared to human beings.
Supreme Commander, Imperial Illuminati Air Force
:dog:

You don't have to consent, but I'm gonna tase you anyway.
AndyinPA
Verified:

Post by AndyinPA »

An interesting article on Graham.

https://www.nytimes.com/2021/08/14/us/p ... trump.html
Mr. Trump had his own motivations for making nice. He was an interloper who craved legitimacy, and found the Senate Republican leader, Mitch McConnell, unapproachable and humorless. Mr. Graham, according to Stephen K. Bannon, Mr. Trump’s chief strategist at the time, wasn’t a “stiff,” like so many others in Congress.

“The senator closest to Trump was Lindsey Graham, and it’s not even a question,” Mr. Bannon said. “Have you met Lindsey Graham? I like him, and I think he’s the worst.”

Like Mr. McCain, Mr. Trump was drawn to Mr. Graham’s ambidextrous, pragmatic politics — and his strategic amiability.

“People apparently found the combination of my slight stature and gabby nature comical,” Mr. Graham wrote in his 2015 memoir, referring to a coping strategy learned in childhood. “I was expected to entertain folks. And I knew the more audacious I was the more entertaining I would be.”

Mr. Trump also told his staff that he preferred the company of people he had turned — former enemies who had come to see that he was actually a good guy they could respect.
"Choose your leaders with wisdom and forethought. To be led by a coward is to be controlled by all that the coward fears… To be led by a liar is to ask to be told lies." -Octavia E. Butler
Uninformed

Post by Uninformed »

Based on the DFO’s book of history (and prophecy).

“US Senator Lindsey Graham: 'We will be going back into Afghanistan'”:
If you can't lie to yourself, who can you lie to?
keith
Occupation: Retired Computer Systems Analyst Project Manager Super Coder
Verified: ✅lunatic

Post by keith »

Gregg wrote: Tue Aug 03, 2021 12:05 am
(insert something clever here)
I'm sorry, or I should be but I'm not. Suggesting inserting things and Lindsey Graham in the same topic is just... I got nuthin'

:bag:
Yeah, thats what she said.
Has everybody heard about the bird?
RTH10260
Verified: ✔️ Eurobot

Post by RTH10260 »

Uninformed wrote: Mon Sep 06, 2021 6:43 pm Based on the DFO’s book of history (and prophecy).

“US Senator Lindsey Graham: 'We will be going back into Afghanistan'”:
https:// www.bbc.co.uk/news/av/world-us-canada-58456953
Yeah - it is a shame that nobody gave the fromer doubleimpotus sufficient time to plunder the riches of the country...

Liky Syria - we need to protect the resources...
DrConspiracy
Verified:

Post by DrConspiracy »

When I lived in South Carolina, Graham was my congressman and later senator. Some years back, I think it could have been 2014, I got an invitation to a "telephonic town hall" conducted by Graham. I called in and heard someone ask him about assault style weapons.

Graham said that he owned an AR-15. He said roughly, "Let's face it, an AR-15 is not useful for hunting, but I'll be able to protect myself and my home from the food rioters."

I never found any news account of that call, and I hesitate to tell the story since I'm the only one able to testify to it, but lo and behold, he said it again. This from the Washington Post in March of 2021:
“I own an AR-15,” Graham told Fox News host Chris Wallace. “If there’s a natural disaster in South Carolina where the cops can’t protect my neighborhood, my house will be the last one that the gang will come to, because I can defend myself.”
northland10
Verified: ✅ I'm me.

Post by northland10 »

DrConspiracy wrote: Fri Nov 12, 2021 12:02 pm When I lived in South Carolina..
Wait, you left SC? I must have slept through the memo.
101010 :towel:

Return to “Current Politics”