Spring forward.
To delete this message, click the X at top right.

Neonzx aka Jimbot

Tell us about yourself. But only things you want us to know.
neonzx
Verified: 🤩✅✅✅✅✅🤩

Neonzx aka Jimbot

Post by neonzx »

Hey all. This looks like a fun group of people. I hope you will welcome me into this little circle!

So, I've been under the weather with cold symptoms (sinus congestion/drainage mostly) now on about day 10. No fever until today. Checked my temp and it was 99.9 :shock: So I took some alka-seltzer plus cold and flu. Within an hour temp was at 98.6. (and a most all of the congestion is gone) Maybe I am at the end of this.
Azastan
Verified:

Re: Neon Jimbot

Post by Azastan »

Glad you are back, but how does a bot, even a neon jimbot, catch a cold?
Frater I*I
Verified: ✅Verified Devilish Hyena

Post by Frater I*I »

Azastan wrote: Mon Feb 22, 2021 10:48 pm Glad you are back, but how does a bot, even a neon jimbot, catch a cold?
Have you not heard of a "computer virus" :D
"He sewed his eyes shut because he is afraid to see, He tries to tell me what I put inside of me
He's got the answers to ease my curiosity, He dreamed a god up and called it Christianity"

Trent Reznor
sad-cafe

Post by sad-cafe »

Hello,

Nice to meet you again.

Sad-Cafe
neonzx

Post by neonzx »

At the hospital getting checked. :?
So far chest x-ray and covid swabbed. waiting on results.
vitals were okay accept heart rate at 110bpm
AndyinPA
Verified:

Post by AndyinPA »

Good luck!
"Choose your leaders with wisdom and forethought. To be led by a coward is to be controlled by all that the coward fears… To be led by a liar is to ask to be told lies." -Octavia E. Butler
Reality Check
Verified: ✅ Curmudgeon

Post by Reality Check »

neonzx wrote: Thu Feb 25, 2021 5:48 pm At the hospital getting checked. :?
So far chest x-ray and covid swabbed. waiting on results.
vitals were okay accept heart rate at 110bpm
Get well Jimbot!
neonzx

Post by neonzx »

Well, that was an experience.

Jimbot/Neon is COVID NEGATIVE

The chest X-Ray== clear of pneumonia.

Two perscriptions: predniSONE (DELTASONE) steroid and albuterol oral inhaler.

Looks like you kids are going to have to put up with me for awhile longer. Sorry.
Sunrise

Post by Sunrise »

BIG THUMBS UP !!! 👍🏻 👍🏻
Foggy
Dick Tater
Verified: as seen on qvc zombie apocalypse

Post by Foggy »

I can put up with you for a long, long, LONG TIME. :D
Out from under. :thumbsup:
Dave from down under

Post by Dave from down under »

Stairs...
They can’t climb stairs! Right?

Good to hear that you are still with us...
Tiredretiredlawyer
Verified: ✅🐴🐎🦄🌻5000 posts and counting

Post by Tiredretiredlawyer »

:dancing:
"Mickey Mouse and I grew up together." - Ruthie Tompson, Disney animation checker and scene planner and one of the first women to become a member of the International Photographers Union in 1952.
Volkonski
Verified:

Post by Volkonski »

That's good news! :D
“If everyone fought for their own convictions there would be no war.” ― Leo Tolstoy, War and Peace
neonzx

Post by neonzx »

Dave from down under wrote: Fri Feb 26, 2021 7:31 am Stairs...
They can’t climb stairs! Right?

Good to hear that you are still with us...
You've obviously not been paying attention.
They have hover abilities now (evolved).. that's how that get over stairs.
AndyinPA
Verified:

Post by AndyinPA »

Happy Dance!
"Choose your leaders with wisdom and forethought. To be led by a coward is to be controlled by all that the coward fears… To be led by a liar is to ask to be told lies." -Octavia E. Butler
neonzx

Post by neonzx »

Just feeling a need to share... (cause of asshole DFO's speech today)

The friend who transported me to the hospital on Friday to get checked is undocumented. (from Brasil). I've known them for 10 years. He and his ex-wife have been here since 2004. They came over the border of Mexico. They have two young minor children born here.

I'm sick of hearing "conservatives" bash immigrants. It's offensive to me.
Frater I*I

Post by Frater I*I »

neonzx wrote: Sun Feb 28, 2021 9:49 pm
As it is to me.

My great grandfather arrived here in JAN 1917, and was offered citizenship for his family if he joined the Marine Corps. The Army only guaranteed citizenship for him, so he took the Corps' offer and went back the Europe to fight a war that he came here to escape. Since then each male of my family has served in the military, a tradition handed down, this country accepted us, though not with open arms [we're Catholic], but they did nonetheless.

The modern GOP is anathema to what my parents and grandparents voted for, we were immigrants looking for a brighter future, and now the party they upheld for generations betrays that.
"He sewed his eyes shut because he is afraid to see, He tries to tell me what I put inside of me
He's got the answers to ease my curiosity, He dreamed a god up and called it Christianity"

Trent Reznor
Dave from down under

Post by Dave from down under »

The GOP of today betrays everyone eventually, including each other.
northland10
Verified: ✅ I'm me.

Post by northland10 »

Frater I*I wrote: Sun Feb 28, 2021 10:15 pm
neonzx wrote: Sun Feb 28, 2021 9:49 pm
As it is to me.

My great grandfather arrived here in JAN 1917, and was offered citizenship for his family if he joined the Marine Corps. The Army only guaranteed citizenship for him, so he took the Corps' offer and went back the Europe to fight a war that he came here to escape. Since then each male of my family has served in the military, a tradition handed down, this country accepted us, though not with open arms [we're Catholic], but they did nonetheless.

The modern GOP is anathema to what my parents and grandparents voted for, we were immigrants looking for a brighter future, and now the party they upheld for generations betrays that.
One of the latest arrivals for my family (emigrated from Germany around 1805 with his parents) spoke very little English, in part because much of his early life was on a commune with others from Germany. I assume his parents never learned to speak English.

To those conservatives who whine about immigrants not speaking English and then claim their ancestors learned English right away are just lying or ignoring the truth. Many of my other relatives did speak English, but that's probably because they came from England (or were Scotch-Irish).
101010 :towel:
AndyinPA
Verified:

Post by AndyinPA »

I have a cousin whose parents came from Hungary. I never heard her mother speak English. I assume she must have at least understood some of it, but when we visited them, the only thing I ever heard her speak was Hungarian. My grandmother and mother were proficient in Hungarian (my grandmother emigrated to here), so they all spoke it when we got together. My cousin now is a RWNJ, evangelical who hates immigrants. I do not understand how she can feel that way when her own parents were immigrants. I guess they are the right-colored ones.
Frater I*I

Post by Frater I*I »

AndyinPA wrote: Mon Mar 15, 2021 10:02 pm My cousin now is a RWNJ, evangelical who hates immigrants. I do not understand how she can feel that way when her own parents were immigrants. I guess they are the right-colored ones.
I have family like that now, and as I explained before we are barely here a century, they are from Luzerne Co, so....

Trent Reznor
SlimSloSlider

Post by SlimSloSlider »

AndyinPA wrote: Mon Mar 15, 2021 10:02 pm I have a cousin. My cousin now is a RWNJ, evangelical who hates immigrants. I do not understand how she can feel that way when her own parents were immigrants. I guess they are the right-colored ones.
I offer you Stephen Miller as the ultimate kids in cages anti-immigrant.
His family fled the Shoah while the Amerikkka First brigade would have kept them out.
Dishonesty and darkness.
neonzx

Post by neonzx »

northland10 wrote: Mon Mar 15, 2021 9:52 pm To those conservatives who whine about immigrants not speaking English and then claim their ancestors learned English right away are just lying or ignoring the truth. Many of my other relatives did speak English, but that's probably because they came from England (or were Scotch-Irish).
That is 100% truth. My maternal grandfather came from Italy on the boat to Ellis island ~1917-18. He was all of 18 years old. He served in our Army during WWI (everybody did, in some manner, back then). When he passed in the early 1980s, the military came and sending a honor guard team or whatever they are called (USA flag draped casket, 21-gun salute). I remember holding/comforting my grandmother as each of those three rounds of bangs. I remember them folding the flag and presenting it to my grandmother with such respect at the grave site.

And grandpa's English was horrible, his whole life. He understood, but he couldn't speak it worth a damn.
neonzx

Post by neonzx »

AndyinPA wrote: Mon Mar 15, 2021 10:02 pm I have a cousin whose parents came from Hungary. I never heard her mother speak English. I assume she must have at least understood some of it,
As I said in my previous post above, that's common. Unless you are using big words or complicated sentences, they are going to understand (if they've been here long enough). The reason why they don't speak (or try) is because they fear using the wrong word or otherwise mucking-up. They are not confident that they can speak it.

I don't make anyone speak English with me. Face-to-face, with someone who is limited on English -- I break it down. I use small common words, I eliminate unnecessary words, I put just a slight extra pause between each word, I use my hands, body language and facial expressions. Backup plan is to whip out the phone and Google Translate. 8-)

A few days ago, I was on the phone with one my local Brazilian friends while I was at another American friend''s home. When I hung up the phone, my friend asked "Why are you talking like that in broken English" Me: "So he can understand me." Respect.
AndyinPA
Verified:

Post by AndyinPA »

neonzx wrote: Mon Mar 15, 2021 11:29 pm
AndyinPA wrote: Mon Mar 15, 2021 10:02 pm I have a cousin whose parents came from Hungary. I never heard her mother speak English. I assume she must have at least understood some of it,
As I said in my previous post above, that's common. Unless you are using big words or complicated sentences, they are going to understand (if they've been here long enough). The reason why they don't speak (or try) is because they fear using the wrong word or otherwise mucking-up. They are not confident that they can speak it.

I don't make anyone speak English with me. Face-to-face, with someone who is limited on English -- I break it down. I use small common words, I eliminate unnecessary words, I put just a slight extra pause between each word, I use my hands, body language and facial expressions. Backup plan is to whip out the phone and Google Translate. 8-)

A few days ago, I was on the phone with one my local Brazilian friends while I was at another American friend''s home. When I hung up the phone, my friend asked "Why are you talking like that in broken English" Me: "So he can understand me." Respect.
I didn't have a problem with her speaking Hungarian; I have a problem with her daughter being anti-immigrant.

Return to “Introduce Yourself”