Neonzx aka Jimbot

Tell us about yourself. But only things you want us to know.
bill_g
Verified: ✅ Checked Republic ✓ ᵛᵉʳᶦᶠᶦᵉᵈ

Neonzx aka Jimbot

Post by bill_g »

neonzx wrote: Thu Nov 23, 2023 10:51 pm
bill_g wrote: Thu Nov 23, 2023 10:47 pmI approve!
You are just slightly too old giving approval of this music. SLIGHTLY.

Are you approving the other stuff? The day ended better than it started.
Oh no. I like the song. Young at heart, and will dance to this. Not bouncing like the pony tail in the audience, but I'll be doing some side shuffles.

PS: I like this live extended version with the EDM at the end. Thanks!
neonzx
Verified: 🤩✅✅✅✅✅🤩

Neonzx aka Jimbot

Post by neonzx »

bill_g wrote: Thu Nov 23, 2023 11:14 pm
neonzx wrote: Thu Nov 23, 2023 10:51 pm
bill_g wrote: Thu Nov 23, 2023 10:47 pmI approve!
You are just slightly too old giving approval of this music. SLIGHTLY.

Are you approving the other stuff? The day ended better than it started.
Oh no. I like the song. Young at heart, and will dance to this. Not bouncing like the pony tail in the audience, but I'll be doing some side shuffles.

PS: I like this live extended version with the EDM at the end. Thanks!
I think this Letterman audience was warned/subdued intentionally-- that is not at all how a crowd of fans behaved at a concert in that era. You see the audience just doing a light bounce? They were were all told not to, I presume.
But still a little bit fun.
bill_g

Neonzx aka Jimbot

Post by bill_g »

neonzx wrote: Thu Nov 23, 2023 11:32 pm
I think this Letterman audience was warned/subdued intentionally-- that is not at all how a crowd of fans behaved at a concert in that era. You see the audience just doing a light bounce? They were were all told not to, I presume.
But still a little bit fun.
I'm sure you're right. Can't have THAT on teevee even if it's after 10pm. Slippery slope and all.
pipistrelle

Neonzx aka Jimbot

Post by pipistrelle »

neonzx wrote: Thu Nov 23, 2023 3:55 pm Such is my life. I called him just now and he answers his cell -- FoxNews blaring in the background. (can someone answer for me why hospitals put stuff like that on? Are they trying to kill their patients with high blood pressure? Some nature or educational channels instead?? )
When I was in the hospital in a private room 11 years ago, the hospital had IIRC only channels that were tailored to hospitals and very sick people-can't remember what the network/subscription was called. One was a nature channel with low-key music, etc., so stuck with that. Didn't need blaring or stress.
bill_g

Neonzx aka Jimbot

Post by bill_g »

pipistrelle wrote: Fri Nov 24, 2023 9:55 am When I was in the hospital in a private room 11 years ago, the hospital had IIRC only channels that were tailored to hospitals and very sick people-can't remember what the network/subscription was called. One was a nature channel with low-key music, etc., so stuck with that. Didn't need blaring or stress.
The hospital where Mrs is staying right now has an abbreviated cable selection (local, Hallmark, Lifetime, Fox, MSNBC, TNT, Food Channel, etc) and a medical channel like you describe. It features very calming piano and harp music coupled with nature video and photo slide shows. I keep it there at low volume.
neonzx

Neonzx aka Jimbot

Post by neonzx »

Alright, so Uncle called again from hospital room.

He is pissed off and FoxNews was blaring at volume 11 on the teevee. Me: Um, okay.

WORST HOSPITAL EVER!!!!!! (not not not at all)

Again if I have not said it, Parma Medical is not a shitty hospital. It is a network hospital of University Hospitals. He is perfectly fine there.

https://www.uhhospitals.org/locations/u ... cal-center

Okay, uncle -- carry on my wayward son.
neonzx

Neonzx aka Jimbot

Post by neonzx »

He is still in super pissed-off mode because they are keeping over another night. Something about a med scan they are going to do around 5-6pm.

And they gave him papers. PAPERS!! Like a packet of how much he is going to owe! He wants to call the insurance company or his agent (Foggy's wife????) who signed him up for that "Advantage Plan".

And WORST LUNCH EVER!!!!! (to him - if they gave him an ice cream cup for desert he would have been fine)

Am I concerned? NOPE. i know he is safe.

Back to dance....

Maybenaut
Verified: ✅✅

Neonzx aka Jimbot

Post by Maybenaut »

You’re a good nephew, neon :bighug:
"Hey! We left this England place because it was bogus, and if we don't get some cool rules ourselves, pronto, we'll just be bogus too!" -- Thomas Jefferson
neonzx

Neonzx aka Jimbot

Post by neonzx »

And so he called me again. (this is a normal day for me)

He wanted the phone # for the Cleve police detective (I have that) -- because he was cleaning out his phone and that got deleted (I've told him to not muck with stuff not broken .) I sent him that contact phone.

He was awaiting his lunch (he said lunch, not dinner). I asked what he ordered and he told whomever "just bring something good". We will see if he is happy whatever -- lunch did not work well for him. (except there were some chips. He kinda liked those) He's mad about the teevee because I guess it has no channel guide thus been watching Andy Griffith. Imma thinking that is way better than FoxNews.
June bug

Neonzx aka Jimbot

Post by June bug »

Way better! :rotflmao:
neonzx

Neonzx aka Jimbot

Post by neonzx »

UPDATE:

BREAKFAST WAS HORRIBLE AND IT WAS COLD!!!

WORST HOSPITAL EVAR!!!

The papers he was complaining about yesterday were just boiler plate. They should not have given them to him because it just freaked him --

And now he wants to SUE EVERYBODY.

Me: Uncle, you have insurance. Ignore all that legal stuff.

But he is convinced they are in it for the money.

Me thinking: You are 80s dementia. You can sign no contract for payment.

I told him to please be nice to the nursing staff.

Oh they "locked him in" the room because they said he had Bed Bugs (very true as much of this saga involve a bed bugs infestation.

I have to find myself talking to him as he were a child. I did have to do same decades ago with a grand parent. Role-reversal.
neonzx

Neonzx aka Jimbot

Post by neonzx »

OH BOY. UPDATE

They brought him lunch and he really much enjoyed it. BEST MEAL hes had since he has been there. A turkey sandwich with lettuce and tomato. AND A SIDE OF MAC AND CHEESE. I suggested to him to ask for mac and cheese. So it came today. He was very happy with that.

LOL

But he still wants to SUE EVERYONE.

Yeah, yeah. Okay.
neonzx

Neonzx aka Jimbot

Post by neonzx »

FINAL(?) UPDATE.

Uncle was discharged and returned to his house around 6pm. He was super happy with the two men in the med transport van -- couldn't say enough good things. They came in the house and helped him find his oxygen machine.

He says the BED BUGS ARE GONE!

Okay, and all is good in the world. Mostly. He hates Verizon Wireless and he stuck in a contract because they sold him on a "free phone". So want almost $500 for him to leave.

He thinks all of these companies are out to screw him over, be it hospitals or medical insurance plans or cell phones. It has always been about separating you from your money. There are bad actors in ever field -- but it not as bad as he thinks -- but this is were the elderly are a target for abuse. IMHO.

And I suppose now I get to write a middle school essay "What I did over my Thanksgiving Break"

Kriselda Gray
Verified:

Neonzx aka Jimbot

Post by Kriselda Gray »

I'm glad it all worked out so well!
bill_g

Neonzx aka Jimbot

Post by bill_g »

You're a good nephew Neon.
neonzx

Neonzx aka Jimbot

Post by neonzx »

bill_g wrote: Sun Nov 26, 2023 7:02 am You're a good nephew Neon.
No, don't say that. I am imperfect. If I was a perfect nephew, I could fix everything.

I am just me.
Maybenaut
Verified: ✅✅

Neonzx aka Jimbot

Post by Maybenaut »

neonzx wrote: Sun Nov 26, 2023 9:31 am
bill_g wrote: Sun Nov 26, 2023 7:02 am You're a good nephew Neon.
No, don't say that. I am imperfect. If I was a perfect nephew, I could fix everything.

I am just me.
C’mon neon… good doesn’t mean perfect. You do more than a lot of folks would. Listening every day to an old man who doesn’t have anyone else, and raising the alarm when you worry is the definition of good.

:thumbsup: :bighug:
"Hey! We left this England place because it was bogus, and if we don't get some cool rules ourselves, pronto, we'll just be bogus too!" -- Thomas Jefferson
Uninformed

Neonzx aka Jimbot

Post by Uninformed »

:yeahthat:
If you can't lie to yourself, who can you lie to?
neonzx

Neonzx aka Jimbot

Post by neonzx »

Thank you, one and all, for the well wishes.

NOW we are on to deep-cleaning the house interior. He was already on it getting quotes before I even talked to him.

Step-by-step.
Slim Cognito
Verified:

Neonzx aka Jimbot

Post by Slim Cognito »

Good is not the enemy of perfect. If it was, we’d all be in a lot of trouble.
My Crested Yorkie, Gilda and her amazing hair.

ImageImageImage x4
sad-cafe

Neonzx aka Jimbot

Post by sad-cafe »

one of my many hospital stays there was only fox news, law and order and soaps.

WTF does anyone only have fox news?

hubby brought me my tablet.
neonzx

Neonzx aka Jimbot

Post by neonzx »

Riddle me this. How can one possibly get a $3,000 CASH ADVANCE on a credit card without showing proper ID? They only have the card # and expiration date (and CVV code).
raison de arizona
Verified: ✔️ he/him/his

Neonzx aka Jimbot

Post by raison de arizona »

Mine went into the branch, convinced an employee that she was my wife without any legit id. Withdrew $1800 and HAD THE BANK CREATE HER A BANK CARD WITH A NEW PIN! She then took the bank card to an ATM and withdrew another $800 in two $400 transactions. Then they alerted me and we cut them off.

How the hell did that happen?
“Remember, democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet that did not commit suicide.” —John Adams

Return to “Introduce Yourself”