Spring forward.
To delete this message, click the X at top right.

Who’s ready for a Wisconsin Fraudit???

raison de arizona
Verified: ✔️ he/him/his

Re: Who’s ready for a Wisconsin Fraudit???

Post by raison de arizona »

Oh, what a bummer :thumbsup: . Moar at link.
American Oversight @weareoversight wrote: BREAKING: A Wisconsin judge has ruled that the Office of Special Counsel, Speaker Robin Vos, and the Wisconsin Assembly’s “denials, delays, and refusals violate the letter and the spirit of Wisconsin’s public records law” in our case for records related to the election review.

The court has ordered OSC, Vos, and the Assembly to release all responsive records created by the Office of Special Counsel, which the Wisconsin Assembly contracted to conduct the election review.
“Remember, democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet that did not commit suicide.” —John Adams
MN-Skeptic

Post by MN-Skeptic »

Wisconsin, but not fraudit. For anyone interested -

Phoenix520
Verified:

Post by Phoenix520 »

This was a favorite show of mine long ago. Are they still funny? Too bad Colin Mochrie can’t be there.
Slim Cognito
Verified:

Post by Slim Cognito »

Yes, they are still funny. They did a few of these shows (and they got quite political) back during the run-up to the 2020 election, which is probably why CM isn't participating. (I know Stiles is from Canada but I think he's naturalized.) I highly recommend buying a ticket. I will. Thanks for the heads-up! They are NOT fans of TFG.
Hidden Content
This board requires you to be registered and logged-in to view hidden content.
Update: I originally didn't notice Drew Carey will be there. That will be interesting. I remember, when he was a big tv star, he was quite the I got mine, fuck you Libertarian, which saddened me. He seemed like such a nice guy. That all seemed to calm down when he got The Price is Right gig, which I assumed was a contract thing. Maybe he's come around.

And to be fair, a person doesn't have to be a raging liberal for me to admire them. But they have to be considerate and thoughtful of others' circumstances, and I don't see that in a lot of Republicans right now.
Pup Dennis in training to be a guide dog & given to a deserving vet. Thx! ImageImageImage x4
MN-Skeptic

Post by MN-Skeptic »

Not knowing Drew Carey's political feelings, I checked Wikipedia. I'm not impressed. Two paragraphs -
Carey has spoken about his various political beliefs in several interviews, and in 1998, he led a "smoke-in" in defiance of California's newly passed no-smoking ordinance inside bars and restaurants. :nope: Carey has hosted a series of mini-documentaries called The Drew Carey Project on Reason.tv, an online project of Reason Foundation, a libertarian-oriented nonprofit think tank (for which Carey sits as a member of the board of trustees). The first episode, "Gridlock", addresses private highway ownership and was released on October 15, 2007. Other episodes discuss topics such as eminent domain, urban traffic congestion, and medical marijuana.

Carey endorsed and donated money to Joe Biden in the 2020 United States Presidential Election. Earlier in the cycle, he had also donated to Tulsi Gabbard :eek: and Bill Weld.
Wikipedia doesn't say anything about Ryan Stiles political beliefs, but I found it interesting that he is American-Canadian. His parents were Canadian, but living in Seattle when Ryan was born - good planning on his parents' part ;) . When Ryan was 10, his parents moved back to Canada. Right now, Ryan and his wife live in NW Washington State.
Slim Cognito
Verified:

Post by Slim Cognito »

I follow Stiles on Twitter. He doesn't post a lot but a lot of it is political and definitely anti-trump. He'd fit in just fine here.

Oh please, oh please, oh please...

I also follow Mochrie. He doesn't usually get political other than generic jokes.

Proops is a great follow and he's very political.
Pup Dennis in training to be a guide dog & given to a deserving vet. Thx! ImageImageImage x4
Ben-Prime
Verified: ✅MamaSaysI'mBonaFide

Post by Ben-Prime »

Slim Cognito wrote: Sat Mar 12, 2022 6:03 pm Update: I originally didn't notice Drew Carey will be there. That will be interesting. I remember, when he was a big tv star, he was quite the I got mine, fuck you Libertarian, which saddened me. He seemed like such a nice guy. That all seemed to calm down when he got The Price is Right gig, which I assumed was a contract thing. Maybe he's come around.
He used to post regularly on Reason, yeah. Reason Magazine in the late Obama/early Trump years is what actually started me down the path of still considering myself a left-libertarian but separating myself from most formal Libertarian cabals including Reason Magazine -- since most of them are more right-libertarian or anarcho-capitalist -- so I never checked back in there to see if his writing toned it down a notch or if he, too, began to distance himself. Would be interesting to check, I suppose, if I had more free time for the research.
But the sunshine aye shall light the sky,
As round and round we run;
And the truth shall ever come uppermost,
And justice shall be done.

- Charles Mackay, "Eternal Justice"
Slim Cognito
Verified:

Post by Slim Cognito »

Just sent in my donation, the suggested $20 but they'll accept anything. It's to defeat Ron Johnson.
Luke
Location: @orly_licious With Pete Buttigieg and the other "open and defiant homosexuals" --Bryan Fischer AFA

Post by Luke »

60 Minutes did a segment on this last night:

In Wisconsin, a political battle over the 2020 vote still rages
Bill Whitaker reports from Wisconsin, where the 2020 vote remains center stage.

The Gateway House of Boys is ANGRY!!
No Integrity: “60 Minutes” Commits Journalism Scam in Shoddy Exposé on Wisconsin Election Fraud Investigation
By Jim Hoft Published March 14, 2022 at 8:10am

CBS “60 Minutes” aired a segment Sunday night about the Wisconsin 2020 election. Within seconds it becomes clear that reporter Bill Whitaker had been assigned one goal: Discredit the recent election investigation by the Office of Special Counsel (OSC) conducted by former WI Supreme Court Justice Michael Gableman. The segment was produced by Marc Lieberman and Cassidy McDonald (pictured below), recently hired from China. You would think the story was created by corrosive Media Matters, who purposely tears our country apart. Both producers should be reprimanded for what aired, and worse. The hardcore leftists at “60 Minutes” refused to report the facts – something we are used to as honest American news consumers. 60 Minutes refused to report on the nursing home fraud, the stealing of votes and elderly abuse, the picnic drop boxes or any of the discoveries presented in the Special Counsel report. And therefore, they ie to their gullible audience. They certainly weren’t going to show the nursing home voter fraud evidence.

Other than “Zuckerberg grants”, Whitaker mentions NO OTHER EVIDENCE from the OSC Second Interim report. Wisconsin residents and other informed Americans have to be asking themselves this question. Did Bill Whitaker and the producers even read this latest report? Did they watch Judge Gableman’s three hour presentation from March 2nd? If the answer is yes, then those who watched this 60 Minutes segment witnessed journalistic malpractice in its most corrupt form. They lied by hiding the truth. CBS News deliberately created a “fake narrative”. The next question is why? Who put them up to this? The overall narrative from 60 Minutes is that Wisconsin Election Commission (WEC) and other election officials really had no choice but to make radical election changes without the consent of lawmakers. The Administrator over the WEC is Meagan Wolfe. She says” Gableman is revising history” by making those illegal election changes seem sinister. She says OSC is trying to “weaponize misinformation to mislead people for partisan purposes”. Her hypocrisy is out of this world! She’s on a media show purposely deceiving the public, about an investigation she says misled and misinformed the public.

Here’s just 20 investigation topics 60 Minutes purposely avoids mentioning: Green Bay Mayor, FBI Field Report, Nursing Homes, National Vote at Home Institute, 100% Voter Participation, Command Central LLC, Sheriff Schmaling, Grand Hyatt Hotel, Sgt. Michael Luell, Michael Spitzer Rubenstein, CTCL, The Ridgewood Care Center, David Plouffe, Election Manuals, Claire Woodall-Vogg, Milwaukee USB Stick, Racine County, ERIC, and so on.

We do get an unusual surprise with 60 Minutes. Not one legitimate member of the Wisconsin Republican Party would speak with the discredited and biased 60 Minutes. It’s laughable watching Whitaker have to repeat over and over “he declined our request for an interview” or “they ignored our requests for interviews”, and so on. But the fake news media will always find a RINO in despair. State Senator Kathy Bernier was their spoiler, only because she’s a Republican. She was previously a County Clerk overseeing elections. Apparently, she’s conditioned to expect fraud in elections so she sees no issues from 2020. The leftist media have been providing her a platform to disparage the investigation, well before any results were published. She’s become a chump to the left, and laughing stock to WI residents. She can’t win another election so she’s getting out of politics, retiring in January. They ask Bernier: “Was the 2020 vote in Wisconsin clean and fair? Bernier says: “Yes. The election was not stolen from Donald Trump.”

The Sunday segment introduces the fourth evolution (below) from CBS News about election fraud in America. Ten years from now CBS will probably move the goal post even farther, maybe something like: “There were more legal ballots then fraudulent ballots, so the election was fair.”
There is “no evidence” of election fraud.
There is “no widespread evidence” of election fraud.
There is “no widespread” election fraud.
But WI only had 24 charged with voter fraud in 2020…out of 3 million.

Bill Whitaker purposely rebrands WEC in the interview, calling it the “Bipartisan Election Commission”. Numerous times he insinuates any issues are the fault of Republicans because they created the rules, laws, and policies. To justify the ballot drop boxes and other illegal changes, Whitaker says “WEC had to make snap decisions, reinterpret election laws to fit unprecedented (Covid) circumstances”. If so worried about election staff and voters, why import a lawyer from the Covid capital of the world (NY) to run Green Bay’s election? Michael Spizter Rubenstein flew back and forth many times. He says it was all done with transparency. But then he never asks Meagan Wolfe (WEC) why this supposed transparency stopped after the election. Why does WEC refuse to cooperate with State sanctioned subpoena’s and the OSC investigation. It’s a travesty how the local Wisconsin media, and now national media have attacked the OSC investigation, Mr. Gableman, and elected officials defending the investigation. Judge Gableman is deeply concerned about the media in America. He said: “In Wisconsin there are just a couple of radio shows, and a few smaller websites that are truth-tellers. They are not beholden to Gannett, the New Media Investment Group, or other conglomerates that utilize ideological reporters to push an agenda. This needs to change in America.”

With today’s national media “the talent” are no longer investigative reporters with integrity. They are figureheads reading teleprompters with predetermined corporate narratives. The 60 Minutes producers should have put this one easy question on Bill Whitaker’s cue card to ask Wolfe or Bernier: In the 5 years leading up to the 2020 election, WEC had the ability to obtain 240 report files from ERIC to clean Wisconsin’s voters rolls – Why did they only ask for 3? Bammm!
https://www.thegatewaypundit.com/2022/0 ... p-instead/
Lt Root Beer of the Mighty 699th. Fogbow 💙s titular Mama June in Fogbow's Favourite Show™ Mama June: From Not To Hot! Fogbow's Theme Song™ Edith Massey's "I Got The Evidence!" https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C5jDHZd0JAg
Slim Cognito
Verified:

Post by Slim Cognito »

Did anyone else donate to the Whose Line special tonight? It starts in less than 30 minutes and I just realized they never sent me the link. I sent a desperate email begging them to send it to me, along with a copy of my receipt, but I doubt they have time to check emails with a live show starting in literally minutes.

I know its for a good cause but I really wanted to see this.

Nevermind, they just sent it to me. Maybe they're a bit behind. Hopefully it all goes off without a hitch.
Slim Cognito
Verified:

Post by Slim Cognito »

Watching the show now. Interestingly, Drew Carey, whom I watched say "I always vote Republican," during a show with the Blue Collar Comedy group back in the early 90s, just called trump and his congressional supporters crazy wackjobs.
Dr. Ken

Post by Dr. Ken »

Well it's the 24th... Wasn't something supposed to happen today?
ImageImagePhilly Boondoggle
pipistrelle

Post by pipistrelle »

What year?
raison de arizona

“Remember, democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet that did not commit suicide.” —John Adams
raison de arizona

:shock:
raison de arizona

:roll:
Notaperson

Post by Notaperson »

This is Arizona all over again. :lol:

Robin Vos' attorney: 'I don't have control over Mr. Gableman
Dane County Circuit Judge Valerie Bailey-Rihn on Thursday questioned whether Michael Gableman has "gone rogue" by refusing to hand over public records related to the former state Supreme Court Justice's review of Wisconsin's 2020 election.

Bailey-Rihn aired her frustrations in a hearing on a lawsuit filed by liberal watchdog group American Oversight seeking public records related to the ongoing review, which was launched last year by Republicans at a cost of $676,000 to taxpayers. Despite requests from the court to provide documents from Gableman and those working within the Office of Special Counsel, Vos' attorney Ronald Stadler said he has asked for those records, but cannot force the former justice to comply.
:snippity:
Bailey-Rihn ordered Stadler and Vos to provide Gableman with an affidavit detailing his obligation to provide the requested documents.

"I don’t want to hold Speaker Vos and the Assembly in contempt just to have the taxpayers pay more money for something that should be easily resolved," Bailey-Rihn said. "So I’m going to give you one more crack at purging the contempt and that is getting an affidavit from Mr. Gableman or I’m going to start assessing monetary fines."
https://madison.com/news/local/govt-and ... user-share
Suranis

Post by Suranis »

https://news.yahoo.com/wisconsin-electi ... 33799.html
Wisconsin election official quits, citing Republican criticism over 2020
Thu, May 26, 2022, 7:09 PM·1 min read
By Andy Sullivan

(Reuters) - An election official in Wisconsin has resigned, saying he lost the backing of fellow Republicans because of his refusal to support former President Donald Trump's false claims of fraud in the 2020 presidential election.

The announcement by Wisconsin Elections Commission member Dean Knudson, a Republican, creates more uncertainty as the embattled panel plans to elect a chairman ahead of competitive congressional and gubernatorial elections in November.

"It's become clear to me that I cannot be effective in my role of representing Republicans on the commission," Knudson said at a Wednesday meeting of the bipartisan commission, which oversees elections in the Midwestern industrial state.

Trump lost Wisconsin by nearly 21,000 votes in 2020, but many Republican officials and candidates in the state have refused to acknowledge Trump's defeat despite multiple recounts and a state audit affirming the result. Several Republican candidates have called for abolishing the commission.

Knudson's replacement will be selected by Wisconsin Assembly Speaker Robin Vos, a Republican who ordered an investigation of the 2020 election despite scant evidence of fraud. However, Vos also has acknowledged Democrat Joe Biden's victory in the state.
https://news.yahoo.com/dean-knudsons-re ... 48146.html
Dean Knudson's resignation from the Wisconsin Elections Commission came after Ron Johnson said he had lost support from GOP

Molly Beck and Patrick Marley, Milwaukee Journal Sentinel
Fri, May 27, 2022, 10:19 PM·9 min read

MADISON – A Republican member of the Wisconsin Elections Commission announced his resignation this week after U.S. Sen. Ron Johnson took a rare step into state politics and told a top GOP lawmaker that the commissioner had lost support from his own party.

Dean Knudson, already under fire from his own party over his refusal to embrace false claims about the 2020 election, said in his announcement that he was leaving his post because members of his party at the "highest levels" made clear he should not run to be commission chairman — an election that was supposed to take place Wednesday but was delayed by Knudson's resignation.

A spokeswoman for Johnson told the Milwaukee Journal Sentinel on Thursday that the state's senior U.S. senator talked to Assembly Speaker Robin Vos to "express his belief that Dean Knudson had lost the confidence of the grassroots Republicans in representing their interests on the Wisconsin Elections Commission."

"As the senator has traveled around the state, election integrity continues to be a primary concern of the grassroots," Johnson spokeswoman Alexa Henning said in a statement. "He never suggested that Dean (Knudson) resign and continues to believe the number one goal regarding election integrity is to restore confidence in our election system for every Wisconsinite — Republican, Democrat and independent."

Knudson said Thursday he was resigning because he thought it was in the best interest of the state and the Republican Party, and did not feel pressured to leave.

“I would not be pressured out and I wasn't pressured out,” he said. “I left because I just felt like at this point Republicans deserve to have someone that can effectively represent them. And I had gotten to the point that I didn't feel like that could happen.”

Knudson stunned his colleagues with his resignation and said he had been effectively excommunicated from his party because he refused to dispute President Joe Biden's 2020 victory over Donald Trump.

He said he was leaving the commission because "I cannot be effective in my role representing Republicans on the commission."

"It's been made clear to me that from the highest levels of the Republican Party in Wisconsin that there was a deep desire that I not be chair. And that's fine," Knudson said.

He said he was not pressured by Vos, who appointed him to the commission and will get to select his replacement.

Knudson's announced departure pushed the commissioners to delay the election of their next chair. Knudson and Republican commissioner Robert Spindell are the only eligible commissioners to be elected chairman for the next two years because of state rules requiring Republican and Democratic members take turns being chair.

Following Knudson's resignation, commissioners voted 5-1 to delay a vote to choose the next chair to June.

Spindell, who in 2020 posed as a presidential elector for Trump, said Thursday the meeting made clear to him that the Democratic members of the commission were not going to support him as chairman.

Vos, who appointed Knudson to the commission in 2017, told the Associated Press on Thursday he does not have a "litmus test" for whom he will choose to replace Knudson.

He said he has not ruled out anyone, including former Supreme Court Justice Michael Gableman whom he hired in 2021 to review the 2020 election and continues to pay thousands of taxpayer dollars per month despite failing to produce evidence of foul play.

Sen. Kathy Bernier expresses interest in Wisconsin Elections Commission position

State Sen. Kathy Bernier, a former Chippewa County election clerk who leads the Senate's elections committee and is not seeking re-election, said she called Vos Wednesday night to express her interest in being appointed to the commission.

"It would make the Trumpians absolutely go out of their minds, which would be fun," said Bernier, who has received even more criticism than Knudson from members of her party for refusing to embrace Trump's election distortions and being an outspoken critic of Gableman.

"There is no one that knows and understands the election laws and the election procedures like I do," Bernier said. "I have a knowledge base that would be helpful. I would serve ... but everything right now (is) hyper-political. And every decision that has been made in the last year-and-a-half to two years has been purely political. And so, I would not make it a good political choice."

Rep. Joe Sanfelippo, a Republican from New Berlin who sits on the Assembly elections committee and is not seeking re-election, said he is not interested in replacing Knudson.

"I didn't realize Dean was even thinking about resigning but the rest of them should all resign too," he said.

Ann Jacobs, the Democratic chairwoman of the commission, said she could reach agreements with Knudson and feared it would be more difficult to do so with his replacement.

“I do think it’s a loss to the commission to have him go and that’s despite the fact that we frequently sparred and often did not agree,” Jacobs said. “However, I do believe that he believed in the orderly administration of elections. He worked to that end. We could usually eventually find the common ground along that basis and he behaved ethically.”

Bernier said she would "hit the roof" if Vos appointed Gableman.
A Republican with ethics. Gosh.
Hic sunt dracones
Notaperson

Post by Notaperson »

Judge accuses Gableman of 'unprofessional and misogynistic conduct'

Dane County Circuit Judge Frank Remington determined Michael Gableman violated his oath as an attorney

A judge on Wednesday issued a scathing ruling against the investigator hired by Republicans to look into the 2020 election in Wisconsin, accusing him of unprofessional and misogynistic conduct, forwarding his decision for possible disciplinary action against Michael Gableman.

Dane County Circuit Judge Frank Remington ordered that Gableman be fined $2,000 a day until he complies with his earlier ruling.

He also determined that Gableman violated his oath as an attorney following his "disruptive and disrespectful" appearance in court last week. At that hearing, Remington found a defiant Gableman to be in contempt after he refused to answer questions under subpoena in the courtroom. His attorneys tried unsuccessfully to block the subpoena.
The order comes in an open records lawsuit filed by liberal government watchdog group American Oversight. It is one of three open records lawsuits the group filed against Gableman, Wisconsin Assembly Speaker Robin Vos and the state Assembly.

The group has won a series of victories before Remington and another Dane County judge after Gableman and Vos failed to produce the requested records in a timely manner.
► Show Spoiler
https://www.wisn.com/article/judge-accu ... t/40302210#
RTH10260
Verified: ✔️ Eurobot

Post by RTH10260 »

same / similar
Wisconsin 2020 election 'fraud' investigator held in contempt of cour

Ruth Conniff, Wisconsin Examiner
June 11, 2022

https://www.rawstory.com/michael-gableman-2657495380/
RTH10260

Post by RTH10260 »

Wisconsin election investigator says he deleted records

SCOTT BAUER
Thu, June 23, 2022 at 5:52 PM

MADISON, Wis. (AP) — The former Wisconsin Supreme Court justice hired to investigate President Joe Biden's victory in the battleground state testified Thursday that he routinely deleted records, and deactivated a personal email account, even after receiving open records requests.

Michael Gableman testified in a court hearing about whether the person who hired him, Republican Assembly Speaker Robin Vos, should face penalties after earlier being found in contempt for how he handled the records requests from American Oversight.

Dane County Circuit Judge Valerie Bailey-Rihn decided against penalizing Vos for contempt, but said she would determine later whether to penalize Vos for how he handled open records requests. She set a hearing for July 28.

Bailey-Rihn said that Gableman gave testimony that conflicted at times, but it was clear that he had destroyed records “that were contrary to what fits into the scheme of things.”

Vos hired Gableman a year ago under pressure from Donald Trump to investigate the former president’s loss to Biden by just under 21,000 votes in Wisconsin. The investigation has cost taxpayers about $900,000 so far. Biden’s victory has survived two recounts, multiple lawsuits, a nonpartisan audit and a review by a conservative law firm.

Gableman has issued two interim reports, but his work has faced a barrage of bipartisan criticism. Vos put his work on hold this spring pending the outcome of lawsuits challenging his ability to subpoena elected officials and others who worked on elections.

Gableman testified Thursday that he did early work on the investigation at a Milwaukee-area library and used his personal email account. Gableman said he did not retain the notes he took during meetings he attended, including one in August in South Dakota hosted by MyPillow founder Mike Lindell. He also testified that he deleted records if there was no pending open records request and he determined it was not useful or pertinent to his work.

“Did I delete documents? Yes, I did,” he said.

Gableman testified that someone in his office deleted his personal Yahoo email account for him after he had received an open records request from American Oversight. Gableman had used that account last summer before he had an official state email address.

The judge asked Gableman if he had searched the account for responsive records before deleting it and he said, “I believe so.”

“Do I specifically recall going back, I don’t,” Gableman said. “But I would have looked at every email account available to me.”

Gableman also revealed that he had to go to the emergency room for COVID-19 after attending an election conference hosted by Lindell in South Dakota in August.

“I went out there because I thought there was going to be some solid evidence of Chinese interference of the (voting) machines and I was very disappointed with the lack of substance to back up those claims,” Gableman said. “And I was annoyed that I had gone out and as it turns out I had COVID. Anyway, I didn’t find anything I could use during that seminar.”

https://www.yahoo.com/news/wisconsin-el ... 47999.html
raison de arizona

If that behavior doesn't deserve being penalized, what does?
Dr. Ken

Post by Dr. Ken »

ImageImagePhilly Boondoggle
RTH10260

Post by RTH10260 »

lawandcrime wrote:“Here, I guess what we found out from this long and tortuous road is that at least for the first part of this investigation, there was no actual work being done. The taxpayers are paying $11,000 for somebody to sit in a New Berlin library to learn about election law because they had no experience in election law,” the judge said, referring to Gableman.
RTH10260

Post by RTH10260 »

lawandcrime wrote:The watchdog group American Oversight has field multiple lawsuits seeking records about the so-called audit initiated by Wisconsin Assembly Speaker Robin Vos (R), who appointed former Wisconsin Supreme Court Justice Michael Gableman to lead it as a special counsel. Both Vos and Gableman have been repeatedly rebuked throughout the litigation, as judges found both in contempt.

Return to “"Forensic Audits" of State Elections 2020”