Spring forward.
To delete this message, click the X at top right.

Product Recalls

LM K
Occupation: Professor Shrinky Lady, brainwashing young adults daily!

Product Recalls

Post by LM K »

Johnson and Johnson has issued a for 5 of it's aerosol sunscreens.

https://www.jnj.com/johnson-johnson-con ... of-benzene
Attachments
Screenshot_20210715-144850.png
Screenshot_20210715-144850.png (324.67 KiB) Viewed 2933 times
"The jungle is no place for a cellist."
From "Take the Money and Run"
raison de arizona
Verified: ✔️ he/him/his

Re: Product Recalls

Post by raison de arizona »

That's funny, the missus walked through here not an hour ago saying, "my sunscreen just got recalled for benzene."

Now, we burn!
“Remember, democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet that did not commit suicide.” —John Adams
LM K

Post by LM K »

covfefe wrote: Thu Jul 15, 2021 5:58 pm That's funny, the missus walked through here not an hour ago saying, "my sunscreen just got recalled for benzene."

Now, we burn!
Ouch!

I've researched aerosol sunscreens. I avoid them. I would love to use aerosol when it's time to reapply my sunscreen* throughout the day. But I stick with goop.

*As a Norwegian, I slather myself in sunscreen, even if just driving for 10-15 minutes.
Off Topic
2 years ago, my mister and I went to the coast. My mister got his first sunburn. He's always ignored my pleas for him to wear sunscreen. Because he's brown, my Mister never has worn sunscreen in his life, even as a child. I did offer my Mister some sunscreen before we hit the sand.

Mr. "I don't need sunscreen" has, in the past few years, has lost a fair amount of his hair. My Mister's hat kept flying off. He got a sunburn. :o (I forgot to put sunscreen on my feet, so I had a burn, too.)

You would think the world had ended! I kept my eye rolls to myself.

We'll need to buy my Mister a new hat before we hit the sand again. And some, "fine I'll wear it" sunscreen.
Foggy
Dick Tater
Verified: as seen on qvc zombie apocalypse

Post by Foggy »

Off Topic
Sign of a serious relationship - the guy's hair falls out. BTDT. :roll:
Out from under. :thumbsup:
bill_g
Verified: ✅ Checked Republic ✓ ᵛᵉʳᶦᶠᶦᵉᵈ

Post by bill_g »

I only have a modest helo pad. OTOH, my brothers all have full deck carriers.
northland10
Verified: ✅ I'm me.

Post by northland10 »

I found a benefit to wearing a mask. No sunscreen is required on the larger than normal nose. Bonus.
101010 :towel:
Tiredretiredlawyer
Verified: ✅🐴🐎🦄🌻5000 posts and counting

Post by Tiredretiredlawyer »

Mask benefits:

1. No makeup needed.
2. No sunscreen needed.
3. No hand over your mouth to cover your smirk needed.
4. No tooth whitener needed.
5. ...
"Mickey Mouse and I grew up together." - Ruthie Tompson, Disney animation checker and scene planner and one of the first women to become a member of the International Photographers Union in 1952.
RTH10260
Verified: ✔️ Eurobot

Post by RTH10260 »

G.M. Expands Chevrolet Bolt Recall Over Battery Fire Concern
The recall now covers the car’s entire output, beginning with the 2017 version. The latest move, to add three model years, raises costs by $1 billion.

By Neal E. Boudette
Aug. 20, 2021

General Motors said on Friday that it was expanding its recall of Chevrolet Bolt electric cars that have been found to be at risk of overheating and catching fire as a result of manufacturing defects.

The company said it was recalling Bolts from the 2020 through 2022 model years and a few 2019 Bolts that were not covered under a previous recall. The move means all 141,000 Bolts that G.M. has produced — going back to the 2017 model — are under recall.

The Bolt’s troubles are a setback from G.M. and its chief executive, Mary T. Barra, who is betting heavily that consumers will rapidly switch to electric vehicles in the years ahead. The company plans to spend $35 billion on electric and autonomous vehicles from 2020 to 2025, build four battery plants in the United States and end production of gasoline-powered cars and trucks by 2035.

G.M. said the move announced on Friday would cost the company $1 billion on top of the $800 million it had allocated for previous Bolt recalls. It also said it would seek reimbursement from its battery supplier, LG Chem.

“In the transition to an all-electric future, we know that building and maintaining trust is critical,” Doug Parks, an executive vice president at the automaker, said in a statement. “G.M. customers can be confident in our commitment to taking the steps to ensure the safety of these vehicles.”

https://www.nytimes.com/2021/08/20/busi ... ecall.html
MN-Skeptic

Post by MN-Skeptic »

CDC - Salmonella Outbreak Linked to Italian-Style Meats

Well, dang. I just bought some Italian salami in order to make sandwiches, then noticed a story about a Salmonella outbreak. The CDC has identified Fratelli Beretta brand prepackaged Uncured Antipasto trays as at least one culprit. But they don't know if there are more contaminated products. I guess, for now, I'll hold off using my new Italian salami.
LM K

Post by LM K »

Walmart Recalls Better Homes and Gardens Essential Oil Infused Aromatherapy Room Spray with Gemstones Due to Rare and Dangerous Bacteria; Two Deaths Investigated
Name of Product:
Better Homes and Gardens Essential Oil Infused Aromatherapy Room Spray with Gemstones

Hazard:
Tests conducted by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) determined that a bottle of the room spray contained the rare and dangerous bacteria Burkholderia pseudomallei which causes melioidosis, a condition that is difficult to diagnose and can be fatal. CDC has been investigating a cluster of four confirmed cases of melioidosis including two deaths in the U.S. Though the source of these four infections has not been confirmed by CDC, the bottle with the same type of bacteria was found in the home of one of the melioidosis decedents.
https://www.cpsc.gov/Recalls/2022/Walma ... vestigated
tek

Post by tek »

Trader Joe’s chicken burgers and chicken sliders products recalled after possibly contaminated with bone fragments, USDA announces in 100,000-pound food recall
The Department of Agriculture’s Food Safety and Inspection Service announced Wednesday that Trader Joe’s chile lime chicken burgers and unbranded spinach feta chicken sliders were found by some customers to have bone fragments in them.

Customers reported the issue after finding pieces of bone in their burgers. No one has been reported sick or injured from the foods, the FSIS said.

Though the products were all made between Aug. 16 and Sept. 29, officials were concerned that they could still be in customers’ freezers. The chicken burgers come in a one-pound box containing four servings, while the sliders come in a nine-pound, 72-piece bulk box

All of the recalled products have the code “EST. P-8276″ printed near the USDA inspection mark on their boxes. The labels of the chicken burger boxes also have lot codes of 2281, 2291, 2311, 2351, 2361, 2371, 2441, 2511, 2521, 2531, 2561, 2591, 2601, 2671, or 2721. The sliders have lot codes of 2361 or 2631.
https://www.masslive.com/news/2021/11/t ... ecall.html
MN-Skeptic

Post by MN-Skeptic »

Well, dang. I like these convenient salads. I checked my garbage... yup, the salad I finished a few days was on the recall list. Checked the 1/2 eaten one in the fridge. Yup, also on the recall list. Maybe it's time to rethink ease of use and instead opt for safer local grown alternatives.

Fresh Express among 10 salad brands recalled over listeria risk
Fresh Express is recalling 10 brands of salad mixes sold in 19 states after listeria was found in a sample test of one of the products.

The meal-kit provider's recall involves Fresh Express and private-label salad products produced at its plant in Streamwood, Illinois, Fresh Express announced Monday.

Listeria can cause serious and, at times, fatal infections in the young, elderly and those with weakened immune systems. Symptoms in healthy individuals include high fever, severe headache, stiffness, nausea, abdominal pain and diarrhea, and miscarriages and stillbirths among pregnant women. An estimated 1,600 Americans get listeriosis each year, and about 260 die, according to the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention.

The potentially tainted products were sold by retailers in 19 states in the Northeast and Midwest, as well as in the Canadian provinces of Ontario and Manitoba. The U.S. states include: Connecticut, Illinois, Indiana, Iowa, Kentucky, Maine, Maryland, Massachusetts, Michigan, Minnesota, Missouri, New Hampshire, New Jersey, New York, North Dakota, Ohio, Pennsylvania, Rhode Island and Wisconsin.

The recall includes all use-by dates of fresh salad items with product codes Z324 through Z350. Product codes can be found on the front of packages below the use-by date. (See full list of products and codes below.)
More details at the link above.
filly

Post by filly »

Thanks for posting this! I rely on baby spring mix and for once Texas is not on the list of bad stuff.
Volkonski
Verified:

Post by Volkonski »

On Tuesday I go a letter from Chrysler Customer Service Telling me about a recall on Pacificas. The powertrain control modules need to be reprogrammed.

I called the local dealership and got an appointment for today at 9 am.

The notice said the reprogramming would take about 30 minutes. I got there on time and darned if I wasn't driving out of there at 9:32 am. :biggrin: Guess I beat the rush. ;)
“If everyone fought for their own convictions there would be no war.” ― Leo Tolstoy, War and Peace
Volkonski
Verified:

Post by Volkonski »

Family Dollar has temporarily closed 400 of its stores in the south.
“If everyone fought for their own convictions there would be no war.” ― Leo Tolstoy, War and Peace
LM K

Post by LM K »

The U.S. Food and Drug Administration is advising consumers not to use some powdered baby formulas after identifying four bacterial infections linked to the products. One of the cases was fatal.

Abbott Nutrition, which makes the Similac, Alimentum and EleCare brands, on Thursday issued a voluntary recall of certain formulas manufactured at its plant in Sturgis, Mich., where the formulas involved in the infections were produced.

You can check if your powdered formula is affected by inspecting the code printed near the expiration date. Affected products have a code beginning with first two digits of 22 through 37 and containing K8, SH or Z2 and have an expiration date of April 1, 2022, or later.

Liquid baby formula and all other products produced by Abbott Nutrition are not affected.
:snippity:
Volkonski
Verified:

Post by Volkonski »

Volkonski
Verified:

Post by Volkonski »

Volkonski
Verified:

Post by Volkonski »

Volkonski
Verified:

Post by Volkonski »

Volkonski
Verified:

Post by Volkonski »

Estiveo
Verified:

Post by Estiveo »

Off Topic
Jif is made by Smucker's. Growing up, Smucker's products were not allowed in our house. Why, you ask? Lemme tells ya...

Once upon a time, long, long ago, in the dark times known as the 1950s, long before meeting the man who would be my father, Estiveo's Mom went on a blind date with a man who turned out to be a regional sales rep for Smucker's. He brought his sample case on the date, and kept trying to get Estiveo's Mom to taste his jellys & jams. (that's not a euphemism, get your nasty minds out the gutter) Before walking out on the date without even finishing her entree, Estiveo's Mom told him that because of this horrible evening, she would never buy a Smucker's product for the rest of her life.

And she never did.
Image Image Image Image
AndyinPA
Verified:

Post by AndyinPA »

Volkonski wrote: Sat May 21, 2022 3:42 pm
I ate some recalled Jif in the last few days. :eek: I had a salmonella infection once, and it's not something I ever want to repeat.

I ordered food for my brother and niece last night, and put Jif peanut butter on the list. It was the only item they didn't have. Now I might know why. Good thing, anyway. I forgot my niece is very allergic to peanuts.
"Choose your leaders with wisdom and forethought. To be led by a coward is to be controlled by all that the coward fears… To be led by a liar is to ask to be told lies." -Octavia E. Butler
keith
Occupation: Retired Computer Systems Analyst Project Manager Super Coder
Verified: ✅lunatic

Post by keith »

Volkonski wrote: Fri Apr 29, 2022 11:01 am
So whats the fix? Install a parking brake? Did nobody think of that at design time?
Has everybody heard about the bird?
raison de arizona
Verified: ✔️ he/him/his

Post by raison de arizona »

Perhaps I’m overly cautious, but I apply the parking brake every time I park. And I have a Ford Explorer. Although it mostly sits in the garage.
“Remember, democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet that did not commit suicide.” —John Adams

Return to “General Stuff”