Kyle Rittenhouse, previous owner of a Smith & Wesson M&P15

These people are weird, but we like to find out what weird people are doing and thinking. It's a hobby.
Maybenaut
Verified: ✅✅

Re: Kyle Rittenhouse, previous owner of a Smith & Wesson M&P15

Post by Maybenaut »

For completeness :mrgreen: the lawsuit was filed on October 14, 2021.
"Hey! We left this England place because it was bogus, and if we don't get some cool rules ourselves, pronto, we'll just be bogus too!" -- Thomas Jefferson
neeneko

Post by neeneko »

bob wrote: Fri Nov 19, 2021 3:55 pm I think it is relatively low because they are low-value defendants, i.e., they aren't rich. It'll take a substantial amount of lawyerly time (read: money) to obtain and then collect on a judgment.
Unless the family tries to capitalize off this with a book/tv/speaking deal.
bob

Post by bob »

neeneko wrote: Fri Nov 19, 2021 4:05 pm
bob wrote: Fri Nov 19, 2021 3:55 pm I think it is relatively low because they are low-value defendants, i.e., they aren't rich. It'll take a substantial amount of lawyerly time (read: money) to obtain and then collect on a judgment.
Unless the family tries to capitalize off this with a book/tv/speaking deal.
Yes, but there are methods to make it more difficult for creditors to find and seize that money.

I'm not saying that no will sue him and his family, but the cost-benefit is going to give quality representation some pause before agreeing to take the case.

Too also: his lawyers (and former lawyers) are now going to squabble over the funds raised, the bail, etc.
Image ImageImage
ZinWhit

Post by ZinWhit »

I hate this fucking country, the feelings of slow-burn collapse, the greed lust for brutal idiocy of which surrounds. I just can't help it. I seldom bother to even look my fellow humans in the eye anymore - especially patriotic Americans. It makes me sad and glad to have my family and backyard respite.

Bowie was right.

We all should fear Americans.

Conservation is what conservation does and it sure ain't preservation.
raison de arizona
Verified: ✔️ he/him/his

Post by raison de arizona »

And oh, if it isn’t the last cast aside plaything:
“Remember, democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet that did not commit suicide.” —John Adams
Suranis

Post by Suranis »

I'd love for one of the Jurors to say that no-one believed a word he said. :lol:
Hic sunt dracones
raison de arizona
Verified: ✔️ he/him/his

Post by raison de arizona »

And… that’s enough Twitter for me today…

Oh, and in addition to Gaetz, Cawthorn has apparently offered him an internship as well.
► Show Spoiler
I also read something about Gosar offering to arm wrestle Gaetz for who gets him, but I haven’t seen any video. Disgusting.
► Show Spoiler
“Remember, democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet that did not commit suicide.” —John Adams
Lani

Post by Lani »

Another step deeper into chaos.
Image You can't wait until life isn't hard anymore before you decide to be happy.
neonzx
Verified: 🤩✅✅✅✅✅🤩

Re: KyleI Rittenhouse, previous owner of a Smith & Wesson M&P15

Post by neonzx »

I expressed a level of sympathy back on FB 1.0 because Kyle was/is a kid. He's going to have to watch his back for the rest of his life as some nutjob might take him out -- because justice was not served.

The trial would have ran differently if he was a person-of-color. White bread Wisconsin, with a slice of cheese. .
Patagoniagirl

Re: KyleI Rittenhouse, previous owner of a Smith & Wesson M&P15

Post by Patagoniagirl »

neonzx wrote: Fri Nov 19, 2021 5:28 pm I mentioned a level of sympathy back on FB 1.0 because Kyle was/is a kid. He's going to have to watch his back for the rest of his life as some nutjob might take him out -- because justice was not served.

The trial would have ran differently if he was a person-of-color.
Of course. Especially with people of color. Scary black man. Criminalizing protests. Legalizing CC with no background checks. I was askeered.

One good thing is that perhaps one-subject Anders will go TF away now.

You know what we call people who are not licensed law enforcement or active duty military who involve themselves with weapons and conflicts? If it isnt in our country we call them enemy combatants and insurgents.

We call those who did this in our country to lynch black people racists and vigilantes. We seem to have regressed and it makes me sick. Just sick.
Gregg

Post by Gregg »

pipistrelle wrote: Fri Nov 19, 2021 1:20 pm Not surprised. It’s a-ok too shoot a man on the ground 3 times after you’ve shot him down.
Well, if you're white anyway.
Supreme Commander, Imperial Illuminati Air Force
:dog:

You don't have to consent, but I'm gonna tase you anyway.
Gregg

Post by Gregg »

AndyinPA wrote: Fri Nov 19, 2021 1:29 pm So will Matt Gaetz step up and offer him an internship now?

:vomit:
And will he get to stay on with someone else if it turns out sex trafficking a minor really is illegal, or is it like killing unarmed people if you're white.

Gregg

Post by Gregg »

Ben-Prime wrote: Fri Nov 19, 2021 2:06 pm I can't help but wonder how the laws will change or be unevenly applied when the armed status vs political stance pictures are flipped. I mean, I know I'm not alone in this.
I say we start a gofundme to buy every black man in America an AR15 and encourage them to open carry it wherever they are legally able.

We'll get some damned gun control laws within a week.

realist

Post by realist »

Atticus Finch wrote: Fri Nov 19, 2021 3:37 pm Now I know where OJ's jurors gone to after their verdict.
FWIW, as I recall, Rittenhouse counsel did have the same jury consultant.
Image X 4
Image X 32
Lani

Post by Lani »

I thought last night that Kyle would get off, poor scared liddle kiddy, etc. Still left me tears this morning when the verdict came in. I can't even guess the horror and pain the families and friends are feeling.

I hope for a better result in the Ahmaud Arbery trial, but even so, the people who loved him will continue to mourn and miss him for the rest of their lives.

Obviously, I'm not coping well....
Image You can't wait until life isn't hard anymore before you decide to be happy.
Gregg

Post by Gregg »

MN-Skeptic wrote: Fri Nov 19, 2021 3:01 pm
RVInit wrote: Fri Nov 19, 2021 2:44 pm Rittenhouse has poor judgment, I think this trial made that abundantly clear. He will continue using poor judgment.
He also has poor impulse control. And undoubtedly a belief that It's Their Fault. He's a victim, others are to blame. Just not attributes an employer is looking for in an employee.

I've got it!

He can be the Greeter/Bouncer at BoBos restaurant in Colorado. He can even volunteer to work for that County Registrar who just got caught giving Ron Watkins access to a voting machine.

TheNewSaint

Post by TheNewSaint »

I’m so annoyed and tired of people, every single time something doesn’t go the way they want it to go, scream conspiracy or it’s rigged.
Funny how this accusation never gets aimed at the American right, even though 50% of Republicans still think Donald Trump won the 2020 election. To say nothing of QAnon, Pizzagate, and all the other stupid shit that's been reported as facts for years, and which is central to their belief system. My Twitter right now is choking with "oh, there's going to be an ANTIFA riot" because of the ruling, even though the people who wanted him acquitted were the only ones standing outside the courthouse with guns. And I've never seen any evidence that an American ANTIFA even exists.
Patagoniagirl

Post by Patagoniagirl »

Gregg wrote: Fri Nov 19, 2021 5:50 pm
Ben-Prime wrote: Fri Nov 19, 2021 2:06 pm I can't help but wonder how the laws will change or be unevenly applied when the armed status vs political stance pictures are flipped. I mean, I know I'm not alone in this.
I say we start a gofundme to buy every black man in America an AR15 and encourage them to open carry it wherever they are legally able.

Deja the Black Panthers.
Ben-Prime
Verified: ✅MamaSaysI'mBonaFide

Post by Ben-Prime »

Gregg wrote: Fri Nov 19, 2021 5:50 pm

It's what turned Ronald Reagan around in California, right?
But the sunshine aye shall light the sky,
As round and round we run;
And the truth shall ever come uppermost,
And justice shall be done.

- Charles Mackay, "Eternal Justice"
Ben-Prime
Verified: ✅MamaSaysI'mBonaFide

Post by Ben-Prime »

Once again, The Onion takes the lead.

https://www.theonion.com/kyle-rittenhou ... 1848090682
But the sunshine aye shall light the sky,
As round and round we run;
And the truth shall ever come uppermost,
And justice shall be done.

- Charles Mackay, "Eternal Justice"
Gregg

Post by Gregg »

TheNewSaint wrote: Fri Nov 19, 2021 5:58 pm
I’m so annoyed and tired of people, every single time something doesn’t go the way they want it to go, scream conspiracy or it’s rigged.
Funny how this accusation never gets aimed at the American right, even though 50% of Republicans still think Donald Trump won the 2020 election. To say nothing of QAnon, Pizzagate, and all the other stupid shit that's been reported as facts for years, and which is central to their belief system. My Twitter right now is choking with "oh, there's going to be an ANTIFA riot" because of the ruling, even though the people who wanted him acquitted were the only ones standing outside the courthouse with guns. And I've never seen any evidence that an American ANTIFA even exists.
Well, it does, but they're a little confused about who it was.

pipistrelle

Post by pipistrelle »

Ben-Prime wrote: Fri Nov 19, 2021 6:05 pm Once again, The Onion takes the lead.

https://www.theonion.com/kyle-rittenhou ... 1848090682
And this visual:
https://www.theonion.com/order-order-sh ... 1848070124
bill_g
Verified: ✅ Checked Republic ✓ ᵛᵉʳᶦᶠᶦᵉᵈ

Post by bill_g »

I had an all day all expenses paid tour of the train tunnel again, and did not hear the news until now. Ugh America. Just Ugh.
LM K
Occupation: Professor Shrinky Lady, brainwashing young adults daily!

Post by LM K »

Kyle's off to college!

Kyle has no idea what is coming his way.

Here's what comes next for Kyle Rittenhouse
Kyle Rittenhouse, acquitted Friday on charges in the shooting of three men during civil unrest in Kenosha, Wisconsin, will move forward now with plans to go into the medical field, a family spokesperson said Friday.

"Now, the goal is going to be to ensure Kyle's safety as he moves on as an 18-year-old young man in college studying to be a nurse," Hancock told CNN affiliate WBBM. "Those are his plans moving forward."

Rittenhouse attorney Mark Richards said his client has "a huge sense of relief" and wants to get on with his life. He added his client wishes none of the events surrounding the shootings of August 25, 2020, had happened.

Richards said Rittenhouse, who has 24-hour security, is on his way home and does not expect to continue to live in the area.

Asked about the call for protests following today's verdict, Hancock said, "The family calls for calm. Calls for calm. I mean, this was not an injustice."

"What I would say is, this is an inflection point, I think, for the country to look at the way things have been handled. Things have gone off the rails in relation to who Kyle is and why he was down here. It's never been about politics. It's not about race. This is about a young man who fled and felt as if his life was in danger and defended himself," he added.
"The jungle is no place for a cellist."
From "Take the Money and Run"
Foggy
Dick Tater
Verified: as seen on qvc zombie apocalypse

Post by Foggy »

So, umm ... where's the mob at, huh? :smoking:
The more I learn about this planet, the more improbable it all seems. :confuzzled:

Return to “Other weirdos”